PDA

View Full Version : Chris patterson??

Collier11
5/2/2006, 01:13 PM
There is a new article about his status on Rivals but I let my subscription run out thinking this summer wouldnt be worthwhile to have it, can anyone who has access give us an update of what it says pwweeeeaasssee!

jackal42601
5/2/2006, 01:19 PM
Miami, Okla. - Chris Patterson and grades.

Rivals.com

Patterson could be a serious disruptive force in the Big 12, assuming his grades are in order.
Mention either of these things to any Sooner football recruiting junkie and almost undoubtedly one will lead back to a conversation about the other. It seems that the saga of the former Chicago Hubbard five-star recruit may be coming to a close.

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound linebacker was on hand at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M's (NEO) spring game in Miami yesterday and took a chance to talk a little bit about his grade situation.

According to him the internet gossip has been exactly that, and not only will he be ok for next fall, but expects to be in Norman this summer.

"My grades are good and I'll be heading down there this summer," Patterson said. "All those rumors and stuff, I haven't worried about them. I'll be down there this summer working out and getting ready."

There probably aren't any words that Patterson could have uttered that could be anymore pleasing to Sooner fans ears.

Some had wondered for quite some time how Patterson could be distracted from school while in tiny Miami, but it seems that those questions never needed to be answered, yet again Patterson says he was a victim of pure speculation and gossip.

"Man, you've had lunch here and watched a football practice, you've seen about all there is to do around here," he joked. "I'm ready to get out of here and get down to Norman and start playing some ball again."

The linebacker recently made the near three hour drive from Miami to Norman to check out the annual Red-White game where he had a chance to speak with linebackers coach Brent Venables.

"The coaches I guess had the same concerns as everyone they haven't really been focusing on what I'd be doing once I got there. They just keep telling me to make sure my stuff is in order so I can get down there and help them out," he said.

Patterson, who will have three years to play three, has been playing alongside Tim Johnson for the past few years and now the two young men from the 'land of Lincoln' will be heading to Norman together.

Interestingly enough, it may have been Patterson supporting his 6-foot-5, 250-pound teammate as much as the other way around with Johnson's season ending injury early in the Norsemen's campaign. However, it seems now that the two have survived the tough times and are ready to get to Norman and start a new chapter.

"I'm ready to get on to the next thing and see how things turn out in Oklahoma," Johnson said. "I'm fully healed and about back to normal with my (right) leg. I've been working out and running on it, just pretty much have to get back into full action with it now."

The two will have their chance soon enough and both are hoping to help the team as soon as possible.

"I think the both of us are just ready to be there and start helping the team. I think (the team) has a chance to be really good next year, and we're going to try and help."

Sooner fans, much like the Sooner coaches, simply want the two talented players on campus and then will worry about what type of impact they can or will make.

Collier11
5/2/2006, 01:26 PM
Thats great news, especially with Reynolds going down. I appreciate it man

jackal42601
5/2/2006, 01:29 PM
No Prob buddy

colleyvillesooner
5/2/2006, 01:38 PM
Lets hope the hype around this guy pans out better than CO's.

SoonerStormchaser
5/2/2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah I wish Onyenegecha would have lived up to the hype, the guy had the speed but just seemed to have a lot of misunderstanding assignments. It seems that Reggie and DJ are two cornerbacks that don't seem to have problems with their assignments, which we haven't seen consistency like that since 2003.

Jimminy Crimson
5/2/2006, 01:45 PM
seemed to have a lot of misunderstanding assignments

blame the DB coaching carosel for that

FaninAma
5/2/2006, 01:55 PM
I have a feeling that this year's defense will be better than the 2001 defense. Gush.