PDA

View Full Version : OS Drunken U

Rooster
5/2/2006, 10:45 AM
has lost another coach due to intoxication....It said in the Tulsa World that Pat Smith the wresling assistant coach got busted for the 3rd time drunking and driving...So he resigned...Pretty soon they wont have any coaches down there....

IronSooner
5/2/2006, 11:13 AM
3rd time huh? Wow...way to learn from the first two. I wonder what'd happen if I got stopped 3 times for that.

soonerjoker
5/2/2006, 11:16 AM
you'd lose your coaching job.

DeadSolidPerfect
5/2/2006, 04:44 PM
What the hell kind of people do they have running their programs up there. Bunch of freaks.

usmc-sooner
5/2/2006, 07:28 PM
I feel bad for Pat he was a heck of wrestler.

goingoneight
5/2/2006, 07:53 PM
3rd time huh? Wow...way to learn from the first two. I wonder what'd happen if I got stopped 3 times for that.

You would have to make a half-hearted, cheesy public apology, read it right off of Boone Pickens cue cards, then attend two hours of "alcohol rehabilitation," have a minor surgery on your back, and when all is said and done, look at how many people still respect you at the end of the day for drinking and driving.

Clearly, the cow-pokers' coaches have gained a little celebrity status respect in Stoolwater and in the hearts of clueless aggies everywhere, therefore, must not be treated as men when they f*** up and break the law.

crimson&cream
5/2/2006, 11:51 PM
You know with all the OU players that have been arrested for intoxication or underage drinking, the latest Zaslow, the Brokeback Cowboys may just start saying that about us O drunken U.
Best be careful living in a glass house with this topic.

Collier11
5/3/2006, 12:28 AM
Though both are significantly bad, I think there is a little more seriousness between a grown man(eddie, pat) getting busted drunk driving and putting people in danger and some 18-21 yr old kids getting busted drinking underage or public intox, lets be realistic here

KStatePike
5/3/2006, 12:32 AM
How can all these coaches get so drunk at a dry campus?

Desert Sapper
5/3/2006, 12:58 AM
I feel bad for Pat he was a heck of wrestler.

Damn right he was. First four-time NCAA champ. If nothing else, the Aggies have always had one hell of a wrestling program.

Hall of Fame (http://www.wrestlinghalloffame.org/champions/?names&wrestler=1685)

Soonerus
5/3/2006, 01:18 AM
I hate this Pat is a great native Oklahoman (4-time NCAA Champ) yet how do I excuse this conduct ??????

crawfish
5/3/2006, 07:32 AM
Heck, living in stoolwater would drive ME to drink, even.

Rogue
5/3/2006, 08:38 AM
I hate this Pat is a great native Oklahoman (4-time NCAA Champ) yet how do I excuse this conduct ??????

You don't excuse the conduct. These days there is just no excuse for drunk driving. I'm all for him losing his license, paying some hefty fines, etc. I'm not for all of these folks doing time or, necessarily, losing their jobs unless their jobs involve driving. I know, it's an "image" thing.

goingoneight
5/3/2006, 08:16 PM
You know with all the OU players that have been arrested for intoxication or underage drinking, the latest Zaslow, the Brokeback Cowboys may just start saying that about us O drunken U.
Best be careful living in a glass house with this topic.

There's a difference between a college guy having fun and an old man putting others' lives in danger. Unfortunately the players will be punished to a further extent.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/3/2006, 09:40 PM
B tramel called for eddie to resign in his article....I guess I can drive someone mad enough with e mails to go against there natural love....

crimson&cream
5/3/2006, 10:39 PM
Though both are significantly bad, I think there is a little more seriousness between a grown man(eddie, pat) getting busted drunk driving and putting people in danger and some 18-21 yr old kids getting busted drinking underage or public intox, lets be realistic here
You expect Brokeback Cowboys to be realistic, Yeh rught! besides 18-21 yrs being kids and drinking still is against the law it absolve them just because they're young, in fact it's bit worst because of the law.

crimson&cream
5/3/2006, 10:45 PM
There's a difference between a college guy having fun and an old man putting others' lives in danger. Unfortunately the players will be punished to a further extent.
What criterion makes him an "OLD MAN"????????? Of course no OU players are never driving when they're arrested and intoxicated. Never! Glass houses break easily you know.Like one poster said living in Stoolwater is enough to make ya drink.LOL

SicEmBaylor
5/3/2006, 10:52 PM
You expect Brokeback Cowboys to be realistic, Yeh rught! besides 18-21 yrs being kids and drinking still is against the law it absolve them just because they're young, in fact it's bit worst because of the law.

I don't think an MIP is quite as bad as a DUI either legally or morally. An 18 year old drinking with is friends isn't hurting anyone, and at that age 18 years olds are going to do some stupid stuff becuase of a lack of maturity. However, an older man with a serious drinking problem who doesn't know when to quit and isn't responsible enough to stay out of a car after drinking doesn't really deserve 3 chances.

Catch 22
5/3/2006, 10:57 PM
I hope you're not trying to put college students and grown adults into the same category of decision making. College students in the process of growing up vs men already finished growing. That thought is not right, no matter what shade your glasses are.

Crimsontothecore
5/3/2006, 11:47 PM
I'm amazed at the contrast between the Sutton situation as opposed to how Pat Smith handled his DUI. One coach has a very long history of being a slobbering drunk, He injured an innocent person, Took a leak on a school, yet there's still talk of him returning to coach again. The other coach hurt no-one but immediately resigned. Too bad Sutton is so lacking in ethics and morals. If the osu program had any class at all they would have simply fired the worthless drunk along with his enabling son and erased his stinking name off the court.

SleestakSooner
5/4/2006, 01:50 AM
It seems they are more concerned with getting Eddie his 800th win than they are about doing the right thing... the man has been an exceptional coach but when is enough is enough? Does he have to choke a few students in a drunken rage before he is asked nicely to resign?

Crimsontothecore
5/4/2006, 05:27 AM
Does he have to choke a few students in a drunken rage before he is asked nicely to resign?
My fear is that he may re-injure his back if he gets sloshed and tries one of those back-flops like Sean did.

soonerjoker
5/4/2006, 10:04 AM
CTTC

i guess you don't approve of Eddie Sutton ??

Crimsontothecore
5/6/2006, 07:16 AM
CTTC

i guess you don't approve of Eddie Sutton ??
Eddie Sutton is a slimeball worthless drunk. He's a disgrace to this state. It was embarrassing when osu hired him in the first place considering Kentucky had the good sense to run his drunken, cheating a** out of their state. osu was the only school stupid enough (or desperate enough) to hire him. He didn't "choose" to finish his career at osu, It's just that nobody else would have him.
Other than all that, I like him a lot!:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
5/6/2006, 07:28 AM
Eddie Sutton is a slimeball worthless drunk. He's a disgrace to this state. It was embarrassing when osu hired him in the first place considering Kentucky had the good sense to run his drunken, cheating a** out of their state. osu was the only school stupid enough (or desperate enough) to hire him. He didn't "choose" to finish his career at osu, It's just that nobody else would have him.
Other than all that, I like him a lot!:rolleyes:My spekker is speked out.

MamaMia
5/6/2006, 08:52 AM
has lost another coach due to intoxication....It said in the Tulsa World that Pat Smith the wresling assistant coach got busted for the 3rd time drunking and driving...So he resigned...Pretty soon they wont have any coaches down there....How many have they lost over that?

Flagstaffsooner
5/6/2006, 09:07 AM
How many have they lost over that?1

Everyone else is foregiven.:mad:

goingoneight
5/6/2006, 10:30 AM
you like-a my new signature, no???

soonerjoker
5/8/2006, 10:48 AM
CTTC

i guess i can say that my assumption was correct.
you need to quit holding things inside you & let it all out.