PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever lose their nut

OUDoc
5/2/2006, 09:05 AM
...covers on their wheels? I just had a new tire put on the right rear and now I see a missing lug nut cover. I assume I would have noticed if they never replaced it, so I imagine it wasn't put on tightly and it flew off on the highway. Anyone know where to order replacements (preferably not at the dealership)?
Boarder, you branched into car wheels yet?

crawfish
5/2/2006, 09:08 AM
You need to make sure your nuts are fastened securely.

Boarder
5/2/2006, 09:13 AM
See what you get for going somewhere else!

I don't have any of those. You can get them for $4.15 at www.alldiscountparts.com. They're really good for factory parts.

Is it #4?
http://www.trademotion.com/schematics/images/F/FB04175.gif

List is $5.77 so you should be able to get one for that or less local.

Okla-homey
5/2/2006, 09:16 AM
I actually witnessed a guy lose a nut once, but I'd be banned if I told the story. Lets just say it involved a leaping incident over an upright pipe by a guy wearing gym shorts with no jock -- not me BTW.

critical_phil
5/2/2006, 09:17 AM
...Anyone know where to order replacements..

yeah.

THE PLACE THAT CHANGED THE TIRE.

have them check the rest of them too. if the total cost of replacement/labor is more than $0, don't go back.

OUDoc
5/2/2006, 09:23 AM
Yes, #4, Boarder. Thanks everyone.

c_p, I thought about calling them, but after going through similar situations, it's probably not worth the hassle. Especially because I'm sure I would have noticed if it wasn't on there before I left.

GDC
5/2/2006, 09:35 AM
I busted a nut last night.

walkoffsooner
5/2/2006, 09:37 AM
Buy a bike you may be the next tour de france champion.

GottaHavePride
5/2/2006, 09:43 AM
Yes, #4, Boarder. Thanks everyone.

c_p, I thought about calling them, but after going through similar situations, it's probably not worth the hassle. Especially because I'm sure I would have noticed if it wasn't on there before I left.
Yeah, one time Hibdon tire lost an entire freaking hubcap off my car. I mean, they were crap anyway, half the clips were broken off and it would spin around and crack the air stem on the tire - that's why I was there with a flat in the first place. So I told them just to put the hubcaps in the trunk and they could only find three of them.

Then they tried to get me a replacement, but Mercury had hubcaps with either a large insert or a small insert on their Grand Marquis in 1986. My car had the small inserts and they could only find large-insert caps. Bastages.

handcrafted
5/2/2006, 10:04 AM
I actually witnessed a guy lose a nut once, but I'd be banned if I told the story. Lets just say it involved a leaping incident over an upright pipe by a guy wearing gym shorts with no jock -- not me BTW.

Why do you hate Stanley?

handcrafted
5/2/2006, 10:04 AM
You need to make sure your nuts are fastened securely.

Yes apparently mine weren't because I had to get a nut last night. :D

:rimshot:

OUDoc
5/2/2006, 11:59 AM
See what you get for going somewhere else!

I don't have any of those. You can get them for $4.15 at www.alldiscountparts.com. They're really good for factory parts.

I keep asking, you don't carry car tires, do you? I'd be happy to give you my money. Even happier if your business was a little closer to NW OKC. :D

Just went ahead and ordered from there. Thanks.
$9.95 shipping on a $4.15 part is a little much though.:eddie:

TopDaugIn2000
5/2/2006, 12:07 PM
did you check ebay?

my boss ordered a part similar to #5 from ebay for his dodge

OUDoc
5/2/2006, 12:49 PM
did you check ebay?

my boss ordered a part similar to #5 from ebay for his dodge
Yeah, saw old firebird nut covers.

TopDaugIn2000
5/2/2006, 01:33 PM