PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite Over Yet With Roark.....

The Consumate Showman
5/1/2006, 07:52 PM
James Hale is reporting that Chad Roark may still be on the OU team come this fall. He has, at this time, been taken off the roster on soonersports.com, but there is still a chance that he could come to OU. Apparently, Chad has NOT been released from his scholarship and his future with the team is still debateable. The coaching staff wants Roark on the team come this fall and wish to help him out of the current situation he is in. James reports that something should be final in about a month or so......

MamaMia
5/1/2006, 09:22 PM
Maybe its just me but after all this wishy washy topsy turvy, off again, on again stuff, I really would rather this Roake person just bid us a fond farewell and pack his bags for Nebraska, and he can take all his drama with him.

Its difficult enough to win ball games with a team full of players who are 100% committed. We can do without having a member of our team whos getting all weird on us.

Jello Biafra
5/1/2006, 09:39 PM
Maybe its just me but after all this wishy washy topsy turvy, off again, on again stuff, I really would rather this Roake person just bid us a fond farewell and pack his bags for Nebraska, and he can take all his drama with him.

Its difficult enough to win ball games with a team full of players who are 100% committed. We can do without having a member of our team whos getting all weird on us.
agreed. especially a lineman. they aren't typically the prima donna types but if he's doing it as a 18 year old freshman, nebenezer can have him. it'll only get worse.

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 09:41 PM
Why do people care what I think? I doubt he stays at OU.

Jello Biafra
5/1/2006, 10:09 PM

how did ricky look tonight? was he hawt?!?!?

FroggyStyle22
5/1/2006, 10:23 PM

The guy is practically a senior in high school still. Give him a break. I'm sure everyone on this board had everything figured out for their life when they were 18 years old. Adjusting to college and college football especially is not the easiest thing in the world and it is harder for some than others. It could be he is having a hard time and feels like it would be better if he had his brother around. No one really knows what's going on with him except maybe him the coaches .....and Nick.

olevetonahill
5/1/2006, 10:48 PM
The guy is practically a senior in high school still. Give him a break. I'm sure everyone on this board had everything figured out for their life when they were 18 years old. Adjusting to college and college football especially is not the easiest thing in the world and it is harder for some than others. It could be he is having a hard time and feels like it would be better if he had his brother around. No one really knows what's going on with him except maybe him the coaches .....and Nick.
Ya saying hes pulling his "stress card "
I was 18 got drafted sent to Nam . they didnt give a shat if I adjusted or not :eek: I just wanted my MOMMIE :rolleyes:
Nut up and play or go somewhere else :)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/1/2006, 11:02 PM
brandon keith part deux

PDXsooner
5/1/2006, 11:07 PM
here's my advice to my fellow fans: just sit back, relax, enjoy the summer, and don't stress one bit. if he shows up in the fall, great. if not, life goes on. let it go. repeat, let it go...

okienole3
5/1/2006, 11:10 PM

Who says we did?

okienole3
5/1/2006, 11:12 PM

:rolleyes: Like you know anything about this subject. ;)
What is hard to adjust to? You are getting your school paid for, you get notes taken for you in class (all you have to do is show up), you have tutors, you get your meals prepared for you. All you have to do is go to class and go to practice. The kid needs to nut up.

Scott D
5/1/2006, 11:15 PM
:rolleyes: Like you know anything about this subject. ;)
What is hard to adjust to? You are getting your school paid for, you get notes taken for you in class (all you have to do is show up), you have tutors, you get your meals prepared for you. All you have to do is go to class and go to practice. The kid needs to nut up.

yeah...forget that most kids his age and in his class are getting ready for their senior prom and graduation ceremony at this time rather than finishing school back in december :rolleyes:

If anything this like a few others is an argument against the whole entering a semester early thing.

okienole3
5/1/2006, 11:26 PM
I was actually being sarcastic to FroggyStyle22. But, you make a good point. I try not to put too much stock in what 18-19 year old kids do.

FaninAma
5/2/2006, 09:33 AM
I think he stays and plays because his dad will convince him to stay.

Sooner in Tampa
5/2/2006, 09:36 AM
Why do people care what I think? We don't.

SoonerStormchaser
5/2/2006, 10:12 AM
Why do people care what I think?

That's the first halfway intelligent post he's had...

soonerhubs
5/2/2006, 10:29 AM
Because after looking at your picture we know in all of our hearts that your the "Little Man Tate" of Soonerfootball. :eek: To call you a prodigy is an understatement, and you are just so misunderstood on these boards. :P There will be a day when the "soonerhublers" and the "okienoles ;)" of this board will eat every damn word that they said about the great Nick Zeppelin.:D You truly are better THEN us. Some day... THAN we'll know... THAN we will know! :rolleyes: :twinkies: :rolleyes:

Longhorndeath
5/2/2006, 10:47 AM
While I did not want to hear the truth about Roarks decision to leave I did and it is not sitting well in my stomach. I have heard the graphic detail of abuse by coach Schmidt on a number of players. Stoops is furious with him. I understand that Schmidt is responsible for the players working hard to get in shape but what I've heard has nothing to do with fitness and everything to do with him powertripping over some of the players. Stoops is well aware of incidents over the last few years with Schmidt. I will not name any names of players out of respect. I will say that he kicked a kid off of a stairmaster and he recieved a concussion. He also made a kid drink his own puke. Not pretty allegations and I will not get any more graphic than that unless some of you don't believe me. Stoops was told about Schmidts behavior by Roark and he was mad as hell at Schmidt. He promised Roark that if he stayed at OU Schmidt would not behave that way again. However from the abuse, and that is what it is demoralizing abuse, that Roark took it is easy to see that he will need a bit of time to recover mentally if he is to come back to OU. I know Schmidt does a great job getting our players in shape but I think he's let this whole "Schmidty is the MVP of our team" thing cloud his steroid raged buzz cutt mind. He should be on the verge of getting fired. I want a reporter at a news conference to ask Stoops about this. If he wants Roark to come back he will not cover it up.

Sooner in Tampa
5/2/2006, 10:58 AM
While I did not want to hear the truth about Roarks decision to leave I did and it is not sitting well in my stomach. I have heard the graphic detail of abuse by coach Schmidt on a number of players. Stoops is furious with him. I understand that Schmidt is responsible for the players working hard to get in shape but what I've heard has nothing to do with fitness and everything to do with him powertripping over some of the players. Stoops is well aware of incidents over the last few years with Schmidt. I will not name any names of players out of respect. I will say that he kicked a kid off of a stairmaster and he recieved a concussion. He also made a kid drink his own puke. Not pretty allegations and I will not get any more graphic than that unless some of you don't believe me. Stoops was told about Schmidts behavior by Roark and he was mad as hell at Schmidt. He promised Roark that if he stayed at OU Schmidt would not behave that way again. However from the abuse, and that is what it is demoralizing abuse, that Roark took it is easy to see that he will need a bit of time to recover mentally if he is to come back to OU. I know Schmidt does a great job getting our players in shape but I think he's let this whole "Schmidty is the MVP of our team" thing cloud his steroid raged buzz cutt mind. He should be on the verge of getting fired. I want a reporter at a news conference to ask Stoops about this. If he wants Roark to come back he will not cover it up.I smell a troll Hook 'em

PDXsooner
5/2/2006, 11:02 AM
i heard schmidt reached in a kid's chest, grabbed his heart, and made him eat it. twice.

Longhorndeath
5/2/2006, 11:06 AM
I'm Hardly a troll I graduated from OU and have an inside source. People wanted to know the truth and I'm giving it to them. Chad loves OU would have never even considered Nebraska if it wansn't for the incident. I wanted people to know that this has nothing to do with him being lazy and it has nothing to do with coach Wilson or any coach other than schmidt. It's hard to listen to what I'm saying and I understand. I was sickened when I heard it myself. Just know that I am not lying and I love OU. I'm just sad to know the truth.

Sooner in Tampa
5/2/2006, 11:08 AM
You will have to pardon my skeptism...that is your first post and you are laying some serious claims. I wish I had a quarter for every poster who said that they have "insider" information.

okienole3
5/2/2006, 11:12 AM
jock sniffers

Longhorndeath
5/2/2006, 11:17 AM
I so understand your skepticism. I think the fact that this is my first post speaks to the fact that I feel the need to come forward on this issue. Roark is still enrolled at OU and will finish out the semester in good standing so that the program does not lose his scholarship. He is being a stand up guy about this. Look I was around the program for a long time and have many great friend that are football alums. I would never get on here and say these things unless I knew they were true. I will say that I don't think Roark is going to change his mind even though I hope he does as he will be a great player. He is 10x a better athlete that his brother. For Christs sake the guy was so pumped up to play at OU he enrolled early. You all should believe me as what I KNOW is fact from an inside source.

sooneron
5/2/2006, 11:59 AM
I so understand your skepticism. I think the fact that this is my first post speaks to the fact that I feel the need to come forward on this issue.

Or, you just want to stir the pot and post **** on an opponent's board.

Roark is still enrolled at OU and will finish out the semester in good standing so that the program does not lose his scholarship. He is being a stand up guy about this. Look I was around the program for a long time and have many great friend that are football alums. I would never get on here and say these things unless I knew they were true. I will say that I don't think Roark is going to change his mind even though I hope he does as he will be a great player. He is 10x a better athlete that his brother. For Christs sake the guy was so pumped up to play at OU he enrolled early. You all should believe me as what I KNOW is fact from an inside source.

and, uh..... yeah (inside source)
OK, what was your major at OU? Who was your advisor and name five professors in your degree track.

I smell a shoe whipping..

Taxman71
5/2/2006, 12:05 PM
Odds are 80-35 that Longhorndeath is employed by KWTV Channel 9 and/or a sports radio station.

JohnnyMack
5/2/2006, 12:13 PM
OK, what was your major at OU? Who was your advisor and name five professors in your degree track.

I smell a shoe whipping..

I couldn't do that.

But I drank a lot in college.

oumartin
5/2/2006, 12:25 PM
how many pizzas do you owe traber now Mark?

LLoyd Dobler
5/2/2006, 01:02 PM
If Longwhorndeath knows so much, then why has the kid who got the concussion not come forward and sued OU and Schmidt? Why has the kid who drank his own puke not come forward? Why have there not been published stories every year after a player has quit or graduated that confirm your allegations? If this were true, I can guarantee you Boren would be all over this and not only Schmidt, but Stoops would be fired as well.

Troll. Whorn lover. Aggie.

Phil
5/2/2006, 01:12 PM
Enough.