PDA

View Full Version : Al Hrabosky is an A**CLOWN

AllAboutThe'O'
5/1/2006, 07:17 PM
I'm watching the Reds-Cardinals telecast on the local station and the Cardinal announcers are talking about Roger Clemens and his chances of returning to pitch, and if so, with whom. The p-b-p man brought up the Rangers and asked the Mad Hungarian about the chances that Clemens would sign with the Rangers, also noting Tom Hicks' Longhorn connections.
Hrabosky matter-of-factly replied, "They've got no chance; they'll be out of the race this summer."
If the blathering cement-head would take off his Cardinal-red glasses and look at the American League standings, he would see that the Rangers are atop the AL West and getting a player of Clemens' caliber would be a clear sign that Texas has a great chance of winning it all.
I brought this up last year, and I know there's a lot of Cardinal fans in Oklahoma and other places, but listening to Hrabosky disrespect other teams is one reason I can't stand the Cardinals.

Scott D
5/1/2006, 07:27 PM
Well the question with the Rangers will be while the pitching is doing alright for the moment, how will they be faring in the summer heat of Arlington where they tend to begin withering late in June.

jk the sooner fan
5/1/2006, 09:49 PM
if by late june you mean august, then yes

he has reason to think that.........history's on his side

AllAboutThe'O'
5/2/2006, 07:59 PM
Well, whaddaya know, the cement-head was at it again today. Once again, the Cardinal play-by-play guy mentioned that the Astros were in contact with Clemens yesterday and brought up each team's chances. Cement-head said that if the Astros couldn't come to terms with him, then it would be a "full-scale war" between the Yanks and the Sawx for his services. Colleague asks about Tom Hicks and the Rangers and Cement-head, for the second day in a row, said, "No chance; they'll be out of the race when it's time to negotiate."

Hey, Mad Hungarian, how'd that sweep at the hands of the Reds taste?:D I call it a dose of sweet revenge.