PDA

View Full Version : Next years draft for Sooners

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 04:54 PM
There's only 11 players that will probably leave or run out of eligablity. Possibly a Wolfe could leave early if he has a great year but I doubt it.

Adrian Peterson-Top 5 pick he's about as good as you can get. There may be a team pass on him if they need other positions. He's probably at worst top 5. And probably is the first pick.

Larry Birdine-He has all the physical tools tall, decent size. But his speed and athletic ability will put him in the first round.

Rufus Alexander-The size numbers and the fact that he's not real fast will hurt him but I say first day right now. He probably will run a 40 in the 4.6-4.7 range and is about 6-0 225 or 230. If he puts up a high 40 time he's got a chance to be a first rounder. But as for right now I put him in the 2nd to 3rd round range.

CJ Ah You-What will hurt him is he has past knee injuries. I believe he blew out both knees. So it's tough to place him. He definatly has the size and has the long arm span and can definatly play. I would say he's got first day type talent. But the past injuries could put him in the 2nd day.

Others that could be drafted
Zach Latimer-He has good size and speed, not much experience at LB. Also has potential shoulder problems. With a good year he could potentially be a high draft pick.

Calvin Thibideaux-Size is the only reason I don't think he gets drafted. He's also built a lot like Jonathan Jackson who didn't get drafted last year.

Paul Thompson-If he has a good year he'll be drafted for sure. His size and speed will be hard for the scouts to resist.

Chris Messner-He's 6-6 or 6-7 but his weight may be an issue. He could get drafted though.

The only other guy that has a chance in hell is probably Jason Carter.

soonerlaw
5/1/2006, 05:04 PM
According to SI, AD will be the #1 pick by Green Bay in 2007. Brady Quinn will be #2. Can't argue with that.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.nflmockdraft/content.10.html

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 05:06 PM
I think that could be right. The only way AD isn't a top 2 or 3 pick next year is if he gets hurt.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/1/2006, 05:07 PM
if cedric griffin can get drafted with one good year then jason carter can as well. i still remember him pushing mark clayton and expecting him to fall down in the 65-13 game...

1stTimeCaller
5/1/2006, 05:08 PM
It's too bad that they won't get any good coaching this year to prepare them for the draft next year :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/1/2006, 05:32 PM
I think you have to wait and see on Birdine..First round may be a reach

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 05:39 PM
whatever happened to remy ayodele?? I always thought he could be good.. would be nice to have him in this years rotation as a $ooner

stoops the eternal pimp
5/1/2006, 05:47 PM
Remi will probably be a free agent pick up....pretty good against the run..

MikeInNorman
5/1/2006, 06:01 PM
Nick Zepplin: our own little Mel Kiper, Jr.

KC//CRIMSON
5/1/2006, 06:39 PM
How will any of these players get drafted? OUr coaching staff sucks.:rolleyes:

Scott D
5/1/2006, 07:23 PM
Larry Birdine-He has all the physical tools tall, decent size. But his speed and athletic ability will put him in the first round.

Birdine isn't a star player, he only has 1 start.

Make up your mind.

picasso
5/1/2006, 07:25 PM
you had me at hello.

mizzOUstu702
5/1/2006, 08:14 PM
So where'd you plagiarize that one from Nick? Different font kind of gives it away there sport.

The Consumate Showman
5/1/2006, 08:37 PM
I have to say that OU could have 2-3 first round picks and most of our guys with the exception of 2 could all be first day draftees.

I see AD and Bird in the 1st round and possibly Ruuufus if he has good workouts.

CJ, Zach, Paul, and Messner should fall in that mid-2nd, mid-3rd round category.

Thib lacks the ideal height to be a real force at DE in the NFL, but he has a good motor and if he can put on some weight, he could move around on the DL somewhere and be a 6-7 rounder.

Jason Carter is a wild card. He has all the potential to be a good DB in the NFL. Personally, I think he can be a 4-5 round kind of guy, but could easily slip out of there to a 7 rounder if he doesn't work out well.

Our other three seniors are Johnathan Jordan, Dan Dixon, Lanear Nixon. I don't think any other juniors will leave. We should be LOADED up for 2007....

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 09:39 PM
So where'd you plagiarize that one from Nick? Different font kind of gives it away there sport.

http://64.225.103.124/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026406.html

Me

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 09:40 PM
Make up your mind.

Just because you are talented doesn't make you a star.

picasso
5/1/2006, 09:46 PM
China Star? I love them buffets...

'cause you're a China Star
no matter who you are r
shinin bright to see
what you can truly be

China Star for you to see
what your lunch can truly be

Scott D
5/1/2006, 10:44 PM

According to you Birdine isn't even our best DE, so how can he be a higher prospect?

CJ Ah You next year may be our best DE with Birdine there. He has been really, really good so far this year.

from 9/18/2005.

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 11:27 PM
Talent and being a player aren't the same thing. For example, Chris Sims had/has more football talent then Jason White or Josh Heupel. He's not a better football player then either of the two.

okienole3
5/1/2006, 11:47 PM
Talent and being a player aren't the same thing. For example, Chris Sims had/has more football talent then Jason White or Josh Heupel. He's not a better football player then either of the two.

THAN

critical_phil
5/2/2006, 12:40 AM
Paul Thompson-If he has a good year he'll be drafted for sure. His size and speed will be hard for the scouts to resist.

this is the most retarted thing you've ever posted.

Sooner in Tampa
5/2/2006, 05:27 AM
this is the most retarted thing you've ever posted.C_P...that is a tough call...NICK has posted some pretty retarded ****...maybe we should have a pole? :P

Cam
5/2/2006, 05:42 AM
Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that you know jack **** about the subject.

swardboy
5/2/2006, 06:19 AM
THAN

Ha ha....my morning chuckle....okienole's relentless effort to correct NZ's retarded use of "then".

picasso
5/2/2006, 07:43 AM
THAN
been telling him for years.

and Simms does not have more talent than Jason White. he was much much better rounded THAN Simmy.

The Consumate Showman
5/2/2006, 08:44 AM
The issue Nick is not addressing is that, if Jason would not have blown out his knees, he would probably be on an NFL roster right now. Chris has had the luxury of being a decent QB with good health. A lot of being a good or great athlete has to do in part with staying healthy during your career.

okienole3
5/2/2006, 08:46 AM
We don't know if Jason would have ever developed his passing skills, as much as he did, without those injuries.

soonerhubs
5/2/2006, 09:55 AM
Talent and being a player aren't the same thing. For example, Chris Sims had/has football talent then there's Jason White (Who is better THAN Sissy Sims) and then there's Josh Heupel (Who is hands down better THAN Sissy Sims). He's not a better football player then there were none.
Fixed... kinda, sorta, well not really but it's better THAN it was before.

Nick just give me your soonerfans password and I'll ghost write for you. :) That may keep you from being permabaned for pessimism.

picasso
5/2/2006, 10:27 AM
We don't know if Jason would have ever developed his passing skills, as much as he did, without those injuries.
he threw the ball pretty frickin well before both knee blowouts. he would have developed enough to get drafted and then learn in the pro game for sure.

skin beater
5/2/2006, 01:48 PM
actually nick almost always posts retarded things, but i agree with pretty much everything he posted in this thread...

NickZeppelin
5/2/2006, 01:57 PM
The issue Nick is not addressing is that, if Jason would not have blown out his knees, he would probably be on an NFL roster right now. Chris has had the luxury of being a decent QB with good health. A lot of being a good or great athlete has to do in part with staying healthy during your career.
Jason White without the blown knees would probably be on an NFL roster. But we don't know if he's as good in college. The only good thing about those knees is that he was able to learn to read defenses so much better and the game was much slower for him. He didn't have a real strong arm but it was good enough and it was very, very, very acurrate. We all know that Chris Simms was not a better QB then White. But he started on an NFL team last year and was pretty decent and it and White didn't.

okienole3
5/2/2006, 02:04 PM
Jason White without the blown knees would probably be on an NFL roster. But we don't know if he's as good in college. The only good thing about those knees is that he was able to learn to read defenses so much better and the game was much slower for him. He didn't have a real strong arm but it was good enough and it was very, very, very acurrate. We all know that Chris Simms was not a better QB then White. But he started on an NFL team last year and was pretty decent and it and White didn't.

I think now you are just being a smartass.

NickZeppelin
5/2/2006, 02:05 PM
I think now you are just being a smartass.

It took you a while to figure that out.

okienole3
5/2/2006, 02:07 PM
It took you a while to figure that out.

I don't think so. Prove it to me by using both then and than correctly in a sentence. If you do, then I will never correct your grammar again.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/2/2006, 03:02 PM
Wasn't Nick going on last year about how the loss of Birdine wasn't that big of a deal for the d-line but now he is projected as a first rounder?

Paul Thompson-If he has a good year he'll be drafted for sure. His size and sex appeal will be hard for the scouts to resist much like the guys in RHCFs avatar.

NickZeppelin
5/2/2006, 03:17 PM
Wasn't Nick going on last year about how the loss of Birdine wasn't that big of a deal for the d-line but now he is projected as a first rounder?

Just because you are a first round pick doesn't make you a great player.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/2/2006, 03:26 PM

Just because you get a $30 million modeling contract doesn't mean you are attractive, but it is a pretty fair assumption that you are.

Let's boil this down to simple terms.

1. You see Larry Birdine as a first rounder next year

2. You don't think Larry Birdine is a great player

3. Unless your name is Julius Peppers or Dwight Freeney you have been eating batsh*t off cave walls.

caphorns
5/2/2006, 03:32 PM

maybe way back in the olden days when horse collar tackles were legal ;)

picasso
5/2/2006, 03:39 PM
please lord make it stop.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2006, 04:13 PM

So what does it mean?

NickZeppelin
5/2/2006, 04:21 PM
You can be an NFL talent but only a good college player. Chris Chester wasn't a great player yet he was nearly taken in the first round this year in the draft.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2006, 04:26 PM
i thought you were talking about the first round tho..not the nearly first round

NickZeppelin
5/2/2006, 04:30 PM
Okay John McCargo was a first round pick. Was he a great player?

toast
5/2/2006, 04:35 PM
please lord make it stop.

I would settle for Beano or DE.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/2/2006, 04:46 PM
Nick
How about a list of high 1st round draft picks that you think weren't even good college players. Remember in college Ryan Leaf, Steve Entman and Trev Alberts were great.

NFL does draft on potential largely but they don't waste high draft picks on players that were at least borderline great at the college level.

Again I submit that you might have a skewed definition of great. As a former professional athlete myself I can tell you that most big league pitchers that managed to hang around for any length of time are great by my standards.

More to the point is that last year you were downplaying the importance of losing Birdine and his 9.5 sacks in 04 and that it had no bearing on OU's secondary. Then (I mean THAN) you project Birdine as a 1st rounder. That is moronic.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2006, 04:59 PM
Okay John McCargo was a first round pick. Was he a great player?
I d have to say most likely.....played in a rotation much like T Harris did here, so he didnt put up the big numbers...battled injuries early on but got 12 qb pressures playing only 47 snaps...qb pressure 1 out of 4 snaps