PDA

View Full Version : Chijioke signed by The Redskins.

colleyvillesooner
5/1/2006, 04:34 PM
http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=16918

Chijioke Onyenegecha, CB, Oklahoma
Onyenegecha, 6-1 and 215 pounds, became a full-time starter last year for the Sooners. He had 31 tackles (18 solo) last season, broke up seven passes and had one interception that he returned 63 yards for a touchdown. He was a second-team All-Big 12 selection.

soonerlaw
5/1/2006, 04:56 PM
As strange as his career at OU was, good for him.

CatfishSooner
5/1/2006, 05:26 PM
Hopefully he does well...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/1/2006, 05:30 PM
If he could catch a football, he would have had 7 or 8 INTs instead of one

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 05:36 PM
I think this guy is one of those guys that runs on football instinct and that only.. i honestly predict this guys as developing as a badass db or safety..

MamaMia
5/1/2006, 05:38 PM
This is such good news. I'm happy that he has a chance to prove himself. Hes a really nice young man. :)

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
5/1/2006, 06:24 PM
I think this guy is one of those guys that runs on football instinct and that only.. i honestly predict this guys as developing as a badass db or safety..

Unfortunatly for us, to often those instincts were wrong. He was crispy waaaaay to often. That said, any Sooner in the NFL is going to get my cheers. Boomer Sooner!! Over/Under on how many times we will here "Chijioke Onyenegecha, on the coverage. And he gotum..." on Sunday's. As if they were the first ones to ever make it up.:rolleyes: I don't think one single announcer said his name without throwing that, or some form of it in there.

The Consumate Showman
5/1/2006, 08:52 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Reported on DraftDaddy.com that the skins signed Chijoke.....

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/1/2006, 09:12 PM
A couple of threads down...

Jello Biafra
5/1/2006, 09:22 PM
i hope he shaved the dreads. he reminded me of mcquarters last year. nicknamed "burnt toast"

OUinFLA
5/1/2006, 09:23 PM
think they'll abreviate his name?

King Crimson
5/1/2006, 10:25 PM
CO got some phantom PI calls, i kinda felt bad for the kid. he got beat a lot too.

Jimminy Crimson
5/1/2006, 10:42 PM
I predict he'll do well in the NFL, with football being his sole focus.

Egeo
5/1/2006, 10:49 PM
CO got some phantom PI calls, i kinda felt bad for the kid. he got beat a lot too.
its gonna happen when you blitz as much as we did

jackietreehorn
5/1/2006, 10:59 PM
he's great in man coverage. it's when he has to think he get's in trouble. if the skins let him man up, he'll do fine i think.

TheGodfather889
5/2/2006, 12:03 AM
I hope Chijioke can make the team he's a nice guy. It's funny though how his career at OU never panned out like it was supposed to. I remember when he was recruited there was speculation he might stay at OU for only a year. I figured he would be drafted because of his athleticism but he wasn't and now he's with Washington.

stoopified
5/2/2006, 12:19 AM
The talent is there obviously as OUr coaches played him in more man this year than any DB.It would have helped him and all our dbs IF we had never had the Pellini experiment.

swardboy
5/2/2006, 06:22 AM
The talent is there obviously as OUr coaches played him in more man this year than any DB.It would have helped him and all our dbs IF we had never had the Pellini experiment.

Ooooo....ominous undertones....I like it.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2006, 08:00 AM
When Chijoke came to OU, mock drafts had him as a top 5 pick in the next draft...

picasso
5/2/2006, 08:10 AM
This is such good news. I'm happy that he has a chance to prove himself. Hes a really nice young man. :)
I've heard the same.

CO is a lot like Bassey. good size, great speed, good coverage but they can't play the ball in the air well. it's one thing to be on the guy, but you gotta prevent him from catching the ball too.

Mjcpr
5/2/2006, 08:48 AM
I noticed Charles Gordon from KU wasn't drafted.....anyone pick him up? I thought he was supposed to be a really good player.

Rhino
5/2/2006, 11:04 AM
I noticed Charles Gordon from KU wasn't drafted.....anyone pick him up? I thought he was supposed to be a really good player. Vikings picked him up.

They also picked up:
P John Torp (Colorado)
RB Taurean Henderson (Texas Tech)
WR Jason Carter (Texas A&M)

NickZeppelin
5/2/2006, 11:38 AM
Chris Bush is getting a tryout for the Redskins.

Mjcpr
5/2/2006, 12:33 PM
Vikings picked him up.

Thanks for the info!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2006, 01:12 PM
I think the deal with Gordon was that nobody really knows where to play him..great all around athlete tho