PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Rival Player?

tnobis60
5/1/2006, 01:36 PM
From OU, I would have to say Roy Williams. That guy was amazing, and loved watching him play. Currently, I would say AD. He's just too good.

Favorite player on a team I usually hate. Tom Zbikowski, safety from Notre Dame. That guy has 4.4 speed, and is a golden glove boxer. love watching him play.

Duke o Brewery
5/1/2006, 01:50 PM
Not counting departing seniors, the only non-OU players that I even slightly cheer for are Zach Taylor from Nebraska and Paul Posluszny from Penn State.

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 02:20 PM
I don't like any of em.

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 02:29 PM
Hook 'em I'm gonna get so dogged for saying this.. but other than the fact he's a whorn i like vince young.. i'll enjoy watching him in the pros.. and i'm comfortable knowing that he couldn't beat an up OU team.. he beat a petersonless team that was the 3rd youngest in the nation, VERY good thing he left early because coach stoops and OU would've lowered his stock a little in the upcoming season.

GDC
5/1/2006, 02:34 PM
From OU, I would have to say Roy Williams. That guy was amazing, and loved watching him play. Currently, I would say AD. He's just too good.

Favorite player on a team I usually hate. Tom Zbikowski, safety from Notre Dame. That guy has 4.4 speed, and is a golden glove boxer. love watching him play.

Tommy Nobis was my favorite racist a-hole.

XingTheRubicon
5/1/2006, 02:37 PM
Cris Simms and Brent Parker

Big Red Cop
5/1/2006, 02:38 PM
Reggie Smith!!:(

Man do I wish that he played for the Big Red to the North!!:)

I liked Tommie Harris as well. Loved seeing him dominate that LOS!

yermom
5/1/2006, 02:55 PM
Hook 'em I'm gonna get so dogged for saying this.. but other than the fact he's a whorn i like vince young.. i'll enjoy watching him in the pros.. and i'm comfortable knowing that he couldn't beat an up OU team.. he beat a petersonless team that was the 3rd youngest in the nation, VERY good thing he left early because coach stoops and OU would've lowered his stock a little in the upcoming season.

i can't find a "favorite" wh0rn, but i do respect/admire VY on the field

something clicked inside him after the Red River Shutout and he learned how to win

King Crimson
5/1/2006, 03:04 PM
i always kinda liked Earl. I would say Zac Taylor (my fellow NHS'er) but i despise Callahan too much.

Turner Gill--guy converted about 500 3rd and longs against us in the early 80's.

DeadSolidPerfect
5/1/2006, 03:23 PM
Bobby Riley. My favorite Fightin' Pumkin ever.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/1/2006, 05:42 PM
Brad Smith....mostly cause he didnt beat us but he put on a big show in that first game.....

CatfishSooner
5/1/2006, 05:45 PM
Bobby Reid...he's good.

SouthFortySooner
5/1/2006, 08:05 PM
I'd have to say I respect usc's jarrett, he is whut he is.

goingoneight
5/1/2006, 08:08 PM
i can't find a "favorite" wh0rn, but i do respect/admire VY on the field

something clicked inside him after the Red River Shutout and he learned how to win

I'd say it was moreso in the lockerroom when they were down against Lester in 2004. Honestly if you watch tape, from that day forward he just kind played like "enough of this underdog sh*t!" and in the 2005 off-season he found time to pocket pass a little better. His leadership and skills were great, but his outspoken opinions on opponents were more than a little classless.

emoinwinter
5/1/2006, 08:51 PM
I know this isn't from a rival, but a team that we did play.

Omar Jacobs

soonerthanu
5/1/2006, 08:56 PM
Garret Mills from T-Town. Not a rival buy any means, unless we were talking about osu.

goingoneight
5/1/2006, 09:44 PM
Garret Mills from T-Town. Not a rival by any means, unless we were talking about osu.

then it still wouldn't be a rival, right?

soonerinabilene
5/1/2006, 09:55 PM
from texas- i have respect for applewhite. the bowl game against washington was what changed my mind about him. he was a great guy, even for a whorn.

from nebraska- tommy frazier. guy was more exciting than michael vick could ever dream of being.

other guys that i respected were ken dorsey, grant wistrom, and david thomas.

tbl
5/1/2006, 10:09 PM
Since OSwho is not even close to being considered a rival, I guess I can't list Barry.

The one guy from Texas I liked to watch was Derrick Thomas. That guy was pretty impressive...

Rogue
5/1/2006, 10:17 PM
Tommy Frazier...those mid-'90s Huskers were dominant.

TheGodfather889
5/1/2006, 10:35 PM
Tommie Frazier was my favorite rival player. If I had a player I hated even though they aren't our rivals I would go with Matt Leinart. I've never hated a football player quite like I hated Matt Leinart. Peter Gardere would be my real rival hated player but It's been awhile.

Scott D
5/1/2006, 10:49 PM
Since OSwho is not even close to being considered a rival, I guess I can't list Barry.

The one guy from Texas I liked to watch was Derrick Thomas. That guy was pretty impressive...

psst..Derrick Johnson :)

DT went to Bama.

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2006, 10:51 PM
psst..Derrick Johnson :)

DT went to Bama.
no he meant Derrick Jeter.

shavedmarmoset
5/2/2006, 02:24 AM
I guess for Texas it would be Drew Kelson, Brian Orakpo and Rod Babers since they all went to my HS, but I hate Texas enough to not root for them. The best I can do is not hate them.

For OSU I pretty much would give my soul for Barry Sanders to have been a Sooner. I really enjoyed watching him play. One of my favorite players of all time.

I always like Eric Crouch even though he was the one who put the nail in the coffin in '01. Heck of a player and very versatile. I always thought he might make a decent RB in the NFL.

swardboy
5/2/2006, 06:38 AM
Johnny Rodgers..clip or no clip, that was an amazing punt return/

SOONER44EVER
5/2/2006, 06:49 AM
Wes Welker. I wish OU would have recruited him.

GDC
5/2/2006, 07:41 AM
Barry Sanders

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2006, 07:58 AM
Not really a rivalry but Brodie Croyle from Alabama also.......We beat the crap out of him in the backfield but he made some good plays against OU....

GDC
5/2/2006, 08:01 AM
Not really a rivalry but Brodie Croyle from Alabama also.......We beat the crap out of him in the backfield but he made some good plays against OU....

In the same vein, Joe Willie.

OUMallen
5/2/2006, 08:10 AM
Bajema...hated/feared him. He wasn't a physical freak or anything, but that guy was scrappy, could block, and would catch whatever was close to him. Just someone you'd rather have on your team than the other.

sooneron
5/2/2006, 08:21 AM
Derrick Johnson, Turner Gill, Tommie Frazier, Barry (if you count osu as a rival)

GreaterState
5/2/2006, 08:25 AM
Speaking of Barry Sanders and respect ... I grew up in Wyoming which still has just the one D-I school, and at the time the WAC champion went to the Holiday Bowl each year. And after BYU's stranglehold on the game was finally broken, Wyoming was going for the second straight year in 1988, against Oklahoma State.

Which of course had been a huge year for Barry, but going into the game people in Wyoming thought they were manageable overall and that the offense could run with them. Wyoming was 11-1 and ranked #15; OSU was #12.

I still remember being completely dazzled by that performance ... 29 carries, 222 yards, five TDs, an uncatchable back. Sure, Mike Gundy also went 20-24 for 315 yards, but Barry was the man among boys that night ... even Gundy's performance kinda faded into the background.

tbl
5/2/2006, 11:50 AM
no he meant Derrick Jeter.

Actually, I meant Derrick Jeters Taco Hole... :D

Salt City Sooner
5/2/2006, 01:36 PM
Not necessarily a favorite, but Ell Roberson definitely earned my respect. He lined up against our defense twice, & ripped them both times. Sproles was fun to watch too. Q, part 2.

sanantoniosooner
5/2/2006, 01:41 PM
Sproles was fun to watch too. Q, part 2.
I had ZERO fun watching Sproles.

Salt City Sooner
5/2/2006, 01:47 PM
For 1 night, I did too....;)

King Crimson
5/2/2006, 01:47 PM

wha? you didn't like that play KSU ran a few times where Sproles was the only one on the TV screen running full speed through that area of the field where our DB's were supposed to be?

yeah, me neither.

caphorns
5/2/2006, 01:57 PM
Historical:

1. Jason White
2. Wes F'n Welker
3. Q
4. Bucky Richardson
5. Eric Dickerson

Current:
1. AP/AD
2. Stephen McGee
3. Drew Tate
4. Lane
5. M. Kelley

bluedogok
5/2/2006, 09:58 PM
Barry Sanders - I was sitting in those corner end zone bleachers at rustoleum stadium that day (right in front of Brent OOPS Parker) and it was agonying everytime he touched the ball. If they had anything resembling a defense that year, they would have played for the title. OU and Nebraska just outpointed them.

Not that OU ever played them, but Bradlee Van Pelt at Colorado State was always fun to watch on those Thursday night or late Staurday night MWC games. He played so recklessly and it always seemed like he gave them a chance to win.

olevetonahill
5/2/2006, 10:05 PM
Dude if they be a rival player . I dont like em at all :P
If they want my green they need to come to OU :D :D :D