PDA

View Full Version : LIMBAUGH DISCUSSING HIS DRUGS CASE

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/1/2006, 12:18 PM
Going on right now on his show. Listen for yourself.

critical_phil
5/1/2006, 12:19 PM
Going on right now on his show. Listen for yourself.

if i wanted to hear excuses i'd dig up some archived Pat Jones press conferences....

5/1/2006, 12:22 PM
if i wanted to hear excuses i'd dig up some archived Pat Jones press conferences....HAHA.

royalfan5
5/1/2006, 12:46 PM
Sorry, the Aaron's 499 is on right now and I care much more about that.

Herr Scholz
5/1/2006, 12:49 PM
Is he saying he needs to go to jail? No? He's a hypocrite.

mdklatt
5/1/2006, 01:00 PM
Is he saying he needs to go to jail? No? He's a hypocrite.

It's all the fault of the scientists (heathen liberals, no doubt) that made oxycontin feel so good....

5/1/2006, 01:18 PM
Is he saying he needs to go to jail? No? He's a hypocrite.So, does that mean you are listening to his show?

critical_phil
5/1/2006, 01:22 PM
mr. billy favor,

we know you like limbaugh.......and you know that no one cares. i'm asking you to re-think your position on pimping rush as a voice of the right. it only makes you part of the problem.

limbaugh is a fat, elitist, inflammatory, bag of wind. other than sharing an occasional point of view with the man, i have nothing in common with him (and god help me if i ever do).

he is, no matter your opinion, BAD for conservatism. i do not want him (or bill o'reilly or man hands) as a poster child for the right. the more you advertise limbaugh et al as the voice of the right, the less cred you have in any argument.

you know how easy it is to make fun of a lefty position when it's being fronted by some nut job like babs or sean penn? well, that's how seriously you're taken when you proclaim limbaugh as having anything good to say.

speaking about the drug issue specifically..... if it'd been me, i'd have a nine digit inmate number stitched on my shirt right now. 'nuff said about that issue.

speaking in general terms....limbaugh is a salesman, and you should feel ashamed that he's pulled one over on you.

Herr Scholz
5/1/2006, 01:26 PM
So, does that mean you are listening to his show?
No, that's why I posed the question. Is he advocating his own incarceration for the exact same crime he said everyone else should go to prison? Please let me know.

5/1/2006, 01:35 PM
mr. billy favor,

we know you like limbaugh.......and you know that no one cares. i'm asking you to re-think your position on pimping rush as a voice of the right. it only makes you part of the problem.

limbaugh is a fat, elitist, inflammatory, bag of wind. other than sharing an occasional point of view with the man, i have nothing in common with him (and god help me if i ever do).

he is, no matter your opinion, BAD for conservatism. i do not want him (or bill o'reilly or man hands) as a poster child for the right. the more you advertise limbaugh et al as the voice of the right, the less cred you have in any argument.

you know how easy it is to make fun of a lefty position when it's being fronted by some nut job like babs or sean penn? well, that's how seriously you're taken when you proclaim limbaugh as having anything good to say.

speaking about the drug issue specifically..... if it'd been me, i'd have a nine digit inmate number stitched on my shirt right now. 'nuff said about that issue.

speaking in general terms....limbaugh is a salesman, and you should feel ashamed that he's pulled one over on you.Your opinion is appreciated. You should give his show a listen, however, so you can see what it is really like. The left despises him because he is shining the light on them for 3 hrs. every day. He doesn't just go after the certifiable, but also the dim leaders. Just shows what they have done and said, and gives background. He's been independently studied for accuracy, and he is VERY seldom wrong.

5/1/2006, 01:36 PM
NoWell, do.

Scott D
5/1/2006, 01:39 PM
mr. billy favor,

speaking in general terms....limbaugh is a salesman, and you should feel ashamed that he's pulled one over on you.

BUT WITHOUT LIMBAUGH HOW WOULD I KNOW TO MAKE TOPIC TITLES IN ALL CAPS TO ANNOY PEOPLE!!!!!

yeah, what he said.

Ike
5/1/2006, 01:45 PM
He's been independently studied for accuracy, and he is VERY seldom wrong.

Of course, you know this because he told you so right?

yeah, and I've only been wrong once, and that was in thinking that I was wrong in the first place.

mdklatt
5/1/2006, 01:47 PM
He's been independently studied for accuracy, and he is VERY seldom wrong.

You can have all your facts correct and still be wrong about their interpretation. Just sayin'.

soonerscuba
5/1/2006, 01:51 PM
mr. billy favor,

Wow, replace "Limbaugh" with "Moore" and I feel the exact same way.

5/1/2006, 01:52 PM
You can have all your facts correct and still be wrong about their interpretation. Just sayin'.So, listen for a couple of weeks and judge for yourself.

King Crimson
5/1/2006, 01:53 PM
here's how it goes:

someone says something i agree with=fact
someone says something i don't agree with=opinion

i guess "feminazi" is some kind of factual sociological statement?

critical_phil
5/1/2006, 01:59 PM
So, listen for a couple of weeks and judge for yourself.

no thanks.

why don't you stop listening for a couple of weeks and see if you gain some perspective about the world around us.

if the past few years hasn't taught you that the right is no better than the left, you may be beyond help.

spend your time on something more valuable....like praying that joe lieberman accepts jesus christ so he can win the next election.

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 02:19 PM
so for those of us with the inability to listen what was his stance on his current legal difficulties...and how did he relate the current troubles he has with his previous stance on the very issue?

5/1/2006, 02:27 PM
so for those of us with the inability????? to listen what was his stance on his current legal difficulties...and how did he relate the current troubles he has with his previous stance on the very issue?1)He pleaded not guilty to the charges of doctor shopping, and the case is over. 2) He has always owned up to getting addicted to pain-killers, and wishes he hadn't done it. Hey, the show is still going on, until the top of the hour. GO FOR IT.

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 02:39 PM
you may have missed the first part that says i don't have access to his show at work.

5/1/2006, 02:49 PM
you may have missed the first part that says i don't have access to his show at work.I did, indeed miss that info.(that's why all the question marks. I didn't necessarily know if "inability" was the case)

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 02:54 PM
i guess technically it isn't inability...i would just have to take it up with the IT guys....and sadly (or gladly) I don't speak their language.

OUstudent4life
5/1/2006, 03:08 PM
US legal system: money = clean record

Rush Limbaugh will escape a permanent record for prescription drug fraud. The facts: He got four doctors to prescribe a total of 2,000 painkilling pills in six months. The plea deal: He'll be charged with fraud to conceal information to obtain a prescription, but the charge disappears in a year and a half if he sticks to treatment for his addiction. He'll also pay Florida $30,000 for the cost of having investigated him. Limbaugh 1995: "If people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up." Limbaugh 1998: If presidents violate the law by lying under oath about sex, they ought to be impeached. Limbaugh 2006: Just say not guilty.

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 03:10 PM
Heh.

40 pills that are "legal" folks. Thats all they even tried to get him on.

mdklatt
5/1/2006, 03:14 PM
40 pills that are "legal" folks.

It's legal to drive 70 MPH in Oklahoma. Just not on Lindsey street.

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 03:14 PM
Heh.

40 pills that are "legal" folks. Thats all they even tried to get him on.

Tuba is it your contention that he has done nothing wrong? If so why did he take the deal?

Or is it that only 40 pills is a laughably small number regardless of the fact they were procured illegally? If so at what point does breaking the law become an issue for you?

mdklatt
5/1/2006, 03:16 PM
If so at what point does breaking the law become an issue for you?

Are you talking about Democrats or Republicans? Because clearly there are different standards.

Herr Scholz
Again, what a completely hypocritical blowhard.

Hatfield
it is also legal to get a bj.

just don't lie under oath about it.

and it is awesome that our very own tuba knows all the evidence against rush and knows all the motivations behind the prosecutor's actions.

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 03:20 PM
I think the fact we heard for so long that he was such a drug abuser, and then the facts come out that it was really 40 pills is just funny.

Compared to what Al Franken and the Air America crew did to that orphanage, its pretty weak. Wrong, but weak. Such is life though.

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 03:23 PM
so that fact that we are talking about the law being broken isn't relevant since it is only 40 pills?

i wonder if they reached a plea agreement to just focus on the 40 pills and subject him to his deferred sentence.......

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 03:24 PM
it is also legal to get a bj.

just don't lie under oath about it.

Now THATS funny.

See, in Clinton's case, it didn't mention anything about a BJ, but it did mention sexual harassment, perjury, possible rape allegations, abuse of power, etc.

In Rush's case, they actually mention 40 pills.

Reality vs Liberal FantasyLand. :D

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 03:26 PM
After seizing his medical records, authorities learned Limbaugh received up to 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months

but they only stuck him with a charge on the 40 pills....

Scott D
5/1/2006, 03:27 PM
Now THATS funny.
Republican FantasyLand vs Liberal FantasyLand. :D

There are no winners in this fight people....only a general non caring populace made dumber for knowing it is there.

On another note, I want to see you go to 4 doctors in a relatively short span to get prescriptions for oxycodone written Tuba, and remember you'll need to go to 4 different pharmacies to get them filled, otherwise someone might just figure out that you shouldn't have all that oxycodone.

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 03:28 PM
again Senor Tuba, keeper of the facts, you are strangely quiet regarding your stance on why the fact it is only 40 pills somehow negates the illegal nature of the whole thing.

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 03:29 PM
so that fact that we are talking about the law being broken isn't relevant since it is only 40 pills?

Its a settlement basically. RL gets to say he is innocent, and the SA gets to say 40 pills.

But RL also admits he got hooked on the stuff. So he probably is guilty of doing something, but no doubt someone who hates him went after him a little.

OUstudent4life
5/1/2006, 03:29 PM
2000 painkillers/6 months = probable prescription drug abuser

40 pills and clean record = WTF legal system

and I love semantics...

In a statement last year, Limbaugh's attorney said prescription records would show that the radio host was only prescribed an average dose of a little more than eight hydrocodone pills a day over a seven-month period, "which is not excessive and is in fact a lawful dose."

a little more...or 3 more.

But I will grant you that this is actually a problem with someone suffering from chronic pain, if that's why he started on them. I still believe that treatment is better than incarceration in cases like this; I just think it's funny how he and his laywer have to constantly fight against his own words about illegal drug use.

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 03:31 PM
After seizing his medical records, authorities learned Limbaugh received up to 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months

but they only stuck him with a charge on the 40 pills....

Oh yea? I might be at a disadvantage as I don't/or havn't followed this part of it.

If the above is true, then that would be wrong.

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 03:33 PM
again Senor Tuba, keeper of the facts, you are strangely quiet regarding your stance on why the fact it is only 40 pills somehow negates the illegal nature of the whole thing.

Whats there to say? Its illegal wasn't it? He did something and is paying the price, just as he should.

I just think the 40 pill thing was funny considering all the fuss.

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 03:34 PM
that sentence is taken from the article on drudge.

i am sure the 40 pills is just part of the deal to get the plea to where a judge would accept the terms of the continued treatment and restitution.

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 03:38 PM
So, if the medical records showed that he got 2,000 pills form 4 DRs in 4 months, this should have been a slam dunk case.

Are we sure those records CNN had were true?? Or more like "Fake But Accurate" type information?

5/1/2006, 03:42 PM
Tuba is it your contention that he has done nothing wrong? If so why did he take the deal?

Or is it that only 40 pills is a laughably small number regardless of the fact they were procured illegally? If so at what point does breaking the law become an issue for you?IMO they didn't have substantial clean evidence to make charges stick, or they sure as heck would have done it.

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 03:42 PM
i don't know. I don't have access to the records. I will just assume that the doctor shopping would have been tougher to stick and so they reached a deal where the DA gets something and Rush essentially gets nothing.

pretty standard in the world of plea bargaining.

i am sure at the end of the day we were talking about a lot more pills than 40. No way would this have all started over a handful of pills.

5/1/2006, 03:44 PM
i don't know. I don't have access to the records. I will just assume that the doctor shopping would have been tougher to stick and so they reached a deal where the DA gets something and Rush essentially gets nothing.

pretty standard in the world of plea bargaining.

i am sure at the end of the day we were talking about a lot more pills than 40. No way would this have all started over a handful of pills.Limbaugh has fessed up to being addicted to pain-killers. That would imply a lot of pills.

SleestakSooner
5/1/2006, 03:45 PM
OK will all of you robo-righters go remove your Rush is Right bumper stickers and replace them with Rush is High stickers?

Seems to me conservatives are becoming professional apologists lately... well it is a valuable skill set if you are a diplomat or a politician I guess.

5/1/2006, 03:49 PM
But I will grant you that this is actually a problem with someone suffering from chronic pain, if that's why he started on them. I still believe that treatment is better than incarceration in cases like this; I just think it's funny how he and his laywer have to constantly fight against his own words about illegal drug use.Technically, you might be right, if he spoke only about illegal drug use. I think he was talking about those who do drugs from the start simply for recreation. But, I don't know for sure.

OUstudent4life
5/1/2006, 04:11 PM
Oh, I think treament > incarceration for more than just prescription drug cases...but things like how said person obtained said drugs and what they did while on said drugs also plays a role.

Really, I just wanted to say "said <noun>" several times in a sentence to sound smart :D.

In the end, Rush is in the business of making money for Rush, just like most talking heads. It's all pandering to the public to me, and a frakin contest to see who can talk the loudest and earn the most cash for it.

C&CDean
5/1/2006, 04:22 PM
I won't comment on Rush's drug problems, mainly because I don't give a **** about him/them.

However, I will comment on his "style." I'm a conservative, and I pretty much agree with the premise of everything Rush says. However, I haven't listened to him for quite a long time now. Why? Because he's a loud, arrogant, obnoxious, repetetive, no-talent, megalomanical whining bitch. Pretty much like all the dildoes out there these days. Michael Savage? Obnoxious yankee who I can't tolerate for more than 2 seconds. O'Reilly? Don't know, cause I've never lasted more than 20 seconds.

Rush is right, he's just a blithering loudmouth and that trumps all. And it doesn't matter what side of the aisle you're on. Michael Moore is a blithering loudmouth - who happens to also be wrong. Both are in the same column in my book.

OhU1
5/1/2006, 04:23 PM
Rush, O'Riley, Franken, and Moore are in the business of info-tainment. They entertain. They seek to amuse, outrage and offend. Kind of like Howard Stern. The symbolic importance of these people to each side of the political spectrum is absurd.

5/1/2006, 04:29 PM
I won't comment on Rush's drug problems, mainly because I don't give a **** about him/them.

However, I will comment on his "style." I'm a conservative, and I pretty much agree with the premise of everything Rush says. However, I haven't listened to him for quite a long time now. Why? Because he's a loud, arrogant, obnoxious, repetetive, no-talent, megalomanical whining bitch. Pretty much like all the dildoes out there these days. Michael Savage? Obnoxious yankee who I can't tolerate for more than 2 seconds. O'Reilly? Don't know, cause I've never lasted more than 20 seconds.

Rush is right, he's just a blithering loudmouth and that trumps all. And it doesn't matter what side of the aisle you're on. Michael Moore is a blithering loudmouth - who happens to also be wrong. Both are in the same column in my book.Soesn't sound like you've listened to him much, either. Or maybe you are just hard to get along with? I think he's actually very humble and kind. Michael Savage is offensive. Rush is not offensive. Michael Moore is just lucky to have the media on his side. O'Reilly doesn't understand economics.

FaninAma
5/1/2006, 04:58 PM
Rush and Bill Clinton both like cigars.....just for different reasons.

mdklatt
5/1/2006, 05:03 PM
Rush and Bill Clinton both like cigars.....just for different reasons.

Pat gets baned again in 5...4...3...

soonerscuba
5/1/2006, 05:09 PM
Rush, O'Riley, Franken, and Moore are in the business of info-tainment. They entertain. They seek to amuse, outrage and offend. Kind of like Howard Stern. The symbolic importance of these people to each side of the political spectrum is absurd.

Franken is a little different, although certainly an entertainer he is a Kennedy School grad, has done some policy work, has a PAC and is looking to run for Senate in 2008, a seat which it is conceivable he will win. I would put him and Joe Scarborough in a different category of people that actually have some hands on experience in government.

C&CDean
5/1/2006, 05:13 PM
Soesn't sound like you've listened to him much, either. Or maybe you are just hard to get along with? I think he's actually very humble and kind. Michael Savage is offensive. Rush is not offensive. Michael Moore is just lucky to have the media on his side. O'Reilly doesn't understand economics.

Dude, I listened to Limbaugh way back before it was fashionable. He was an ******* then too. He takes one or two little points, and wastes 2 hours of my time beating them to death. Same reason I can't listen to Jim Rome. They don't really have anything new/different/exciting to say, so they pick a "today's topic" and flog it ad nauseum.

Like I said, I almost always agree with the point of what he's saying, I just can't handle his way of making a point. Hell man, I believe in Jesus, but when a preacher thinks he needs 2 hours to tell me how I'm gonna burn in hell, how his interpretation of the Bible is the "truth," and then tops it with a 30-minute altar call it's a bit much.

5/1/2006, 05:35 PM
Dude, I listened to Limbaugh way back before it was fashionable. He was an ******* then too. He takes one or two little points, and wastes 2 hours of my time beating them to death. Same reason I can't listen to Jim Rome. They don't really have anything new/different/exciting to say, so they pick a "today's topic" and flog it ad nauseum.

Like I said, I almost always agree with the point of what he's saying, I just can't handle his way of making a point. Hell man, I believe in Jesus, but when a preacher thinks he needs 2 hours to tell me how I'm gonna burn in hell, how his interpretation of the Bible is the "truth," and then tops it with a 30-minute altar call it's a bit much.Well, you know we see eye to eye on most things. I don't advocate anyone listen to any radio show and do nothing else while they are listening. I'm not calling him flawless in his presentations. I'm saying he's humble and a good person, and cuts no slack to the crap the left is always pulling. It's damn refreshing to hear someone with logic and good ideas, instead of the ludicrous and downright false s*it we hear from almost all forms of mainstream media.

SleestakSooner
5/1/2006, 05:35 PM
It is a sad sign of the times when full grown individuals with free will, living in a country where freedom is supposed to be paramount, decide to listen to someone with so little constructive input to society. Then they begin to idolize the individual so much that they pay money to let others know they are foolish enough to listen to the man.

I have listened to Limbaugh's radio broadcasts on many occasions... for one reason and one reason only. It is good to know your enemies intimately.

5/1/2006, 05:38 PM
It is a sad sign of the times when full grown individuals with free will, living in a country where freedom is supposed to be paramount, decide to listen to someone with so little constructive input to society. Then they begin to idolize the individual so much that they pay money to let others know they are foolish enough to listen to the man.

I have listened to Limbaugh's radio broadcasts on many occasions... for one reason and one reason only. It is good to know your enemies intimately.Are you a whorn, too?

SleestakSooner
5/1/2006, 05:54 PM
Are you a whorn, too?

Nice... you sir are a tool.:texan:

5/1/2006, 06:05 PM
Nice... you sir are a tool.:texan:Wow, some sense of humor!