PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn/Sooner coaching

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 11:21 AM
Texas likes to bring up the fact that we can't win without texas players, and i do agree. It just shows there are some smart folks south of the heartland.

HOWEVER, Isn't it funny that it took a sooner all-american to lead texass to two of their three national titles. I don't think you'll ever see a longhorn all american coaching OU ever.

Hell, the ole mackster was of course once a sooner himself and his wife i believe is from miami,okla.

okienole3
5/1/2006, 11:28 AM
Texas fans are idiots by nature. I can't wait to get out of this state.

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2006, 11:40 AM
Texas likes to bring up the fact that we can't win without texas players, and i do agree. It just shows there are some smart folks south of the heartland.

HOWEVER, Isn't it funny that it took a sooner all-american to lead texass to three of their four national titles. I don't think you'll ever see a longhorn all american coaching OU ever.

Hell, the ole mackster was of course once a sooner himself and his wife i believe is from miami,okla.

Fixed.

And... in other breaking news...

Germans bomb Pearl Harbor. :rolleyes:

IronSooner
5/1/2006, 11:45 AM
Can't wait till UT comes up with their version of those stupid "One for the thumb" championship t-shirts like Miami did. Of course I'll be in my late 50's by that time driving a flying car.

Tear Down This Wall
5/1/2006, 11:49 AM
Stupid. Hello, McFly? Look at the size and population of Oklahoma versus Texas, and the location. The only small state without an overly populated one near it to have a success state football program is Nebraska.

Logic dictates that you are going to recruit your area. Norman is as close to DFW as Austin. Texas is a big state with lots of people. Not everyone who plays high school ball has to go to Texas.

Besides, if the 'Horn fans logic played out, they'd never lose to us because they always have more players from Texas on their roster. But, since my birth in 1969, that hasn't been the case.

Texas has sucked hind tit more often than not since I've been alive. We've beaten them with QBs from California, South Dakota, and Georgia. We've whipped them with defenders from Colorado, Florida, California, Louisiana, and Missouri. I do vividly recall a tailback from Mississippi running rougshod over them in 1982. A tight end from Arkansas gave the 'Horns some fits in the mid-80s.

Okies have also done plenty to defeated the putrid orange fagpumpers in my lifetime. The Selmon Brothers. Rocky Calmus. Steve Davis. Patrick Collins. The Bryan Brothers. Dan Cody. Frank Romero. Scott Kempenich. Jason White. Stephen Alexander. James Allen. Spencer Tillman. Tony Casillas. Jimbo Elrod. Heck, even Justin Fuente scalped the 'Horns once!

So, there are as many Okies and others whipping the 'Horns alongside the excellent, wise athletes from Texas who chose Oklahoma over Homo U. at Austin.

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 11:53 AM
During the last 6 years we haven't really recruited Texas all that well for the most part. There's a few players. But most of our Texas recruits that end up stars aren't highly recruited guys. Dvoracek wasn't that highly recruited and he was only about 250 when he was recruited and was thought of as a DE. Mark Clayton was recruited by very few bigger schools. Derrick Strait wasn't that highly recruited but no one thought he would qualify. Quentin Griffin wasn't really recruited by anyone. There is a huge exception to this though. Tommie Harris.

Desert Sapper
5/1/2006, 11:57 AM
I just can't wait until October.

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2006, 12:04 PM
During the last 6 years we haven't really recruited Texas all that well for the most part. There's a few players. But most of our Texas recruits that end up stars aren't highly recruited guys. Dvoracek wasn't that highly recruited and he was only about 250 when he was recruited and was thought of as a DE. Mark Clayton was recruited by very few bigger schools. Derrick Strait wasn't that highly recruited but no one thought he would qualify. Quentin Griffin wasn't really recruited by anyone. There is a huge exception to this though. Tommie Harris.

What's your quarterback's name again? Where is he from?

You have a pretty fair running back too don't you? Now... where is he from?

Who was that big ole monster defensive tackle you signed just a few months ago? ... Where is that big ole fella from?

CincySooner
5/1/2006, 12:06 PM

yeah... its not like anyone wanted AD either :rolleyes:

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 12:07 PM
Adrian Peterson and Tommie Harris are two exceptions. But OU's best recruits have been Roy Williams(California, Jason White(Oklahoma), Josh Heupel(South Dakota) you could probably put Strait and Harris right after those two. Then Q and AD. But Texas was only recruiting 2 of those.

okienole3
5/1/2006, 12:07 PM

Who was that big ole monster defensive tackle you signed just a few months ago? ... Where is that big ole fella from?

Gerald McCoy? He is from Oklahoma City. ;)

Tear Down This Wall
5/1/2006, 12:11 PM
Lid,

Um...it was the Texas QB that got us beat for the first time in five years and such. Me no likey.

soonerinabilene
5/1/2006, 12:22 PM
Adrian Peterson and Tommie Harris are two exceptions. But OU's best recruits have been Roy Williams(California, Jason White(Oklahoma), Josh Heupel(South Dakota) you could probably put Strait and Harris right after those two. Then Q and AD. But Texas was only recruiting 2 of those.

nick, are you implying that ad is our 7th best recruit since 99?

Desert Sapper
5/1/2006, 12:26 PM

Which would be a little like saying The King never recruited in Texas. :rolleyes:

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 12:38 PM

I wouldn't put him above the top 3 or 4

Desert Sapper
5/1/2006, 12:43 PM

Then the legends of your genius are true! Oh, wise one, teach us the ways of the football. We bow down to you.

http://www.richardseah.com/photos/0409/monkhead.jpg

soonerinabilene
5/1/2006, 12:44 PM
we are talking about the same adrian peterson right??? the guy that is gonna break the ou rushing record this year??? the most exciting player ive ever seen in my life?? the guy that led the big 12 in rushing this year after missing 4 games i think? i know white won a heisman, and heupel led us to a championship, but peterson was the #1 recruit in the nation, wasnt he? and we signed him, so how is he not # 1? im not bashing any of the guys on that list, they are all top players that i love, but ad has gotta be #1.

NickZeppelin
5/1/2006, 12:46 PM
Peterson is really good but I can't put him above Roy Williams, Jason White, or Josh Heupel. I would probably put him 4th. But I think Strait and Harris are right there with him.

soonerinabilene
5/1/2006, 12:59 PM
look, i know that choosing which of these guys is the #1 player is like choosing which playmate of the year to go home with, but ad is the biggest signing we've had in the stoops era. even stoops has said that looking back now, with where ou is at on a national level, they probably wouldnt even recruit heupel or white, who are my two favorite ou qbs. from a recruiting only viewpoint, ad is #1. and by the end of his career, will probably be the # 1 player ever at ou.

CtheB
5/1/2006, 01:56 PM

Someone please remind me again what good came out of this country's victory at the Alamo? And I'm not talking about the bowl game.

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 02:15 PM
once again i say texans that come to oklahoma proves that not all texans are retarted.. and for someone to get all hyped up about getting the facts straight you'd think he'd realize that BIG OLE DT we got is from southeast .. for u dumb shlonghorns,that's in oklahoma.. and my initial point was this, it took darryl royal, AN OU ALL AMERICAN FOOTBALL PLAYER to get them their first two titles.. you won't be seeing any longhorn alumni heading our great program..

It's not even worth arguing with those dumbasses, all we can do is whip their asses and keep winning national championships, they'll never shut up beccause well, that's how queers are.. I went to my first ever ou-texass game this year and i swear i've never seen so many flamers, and i'm being serious, it was like that at a mavs game i went to also.. and i love that little stat someone posted a month or so ago that reported the university of texass is the number 1 place in the nation for homosexuals to find a partner...atleast they can claim number 1 in something.. lotta nasty poopackin going on down there

sickos

fwsooner22
5/1/2006, 02:29 PM
Ummmm, what country's victory at the Alamo????? Just a reminder we LOST that battle..........only to slay the Mexican army during an afternoon siesta a few days later (near San Jacinto). It took 18 minutes to wipe out about 1,200soliders.

Incidentally, that is about how long it will take in the RRS for the Horns to realize that it was a one year celebration.

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 02:34 PM
if i had to choose between being a shlonghorn or and a&m aggie it'd be tamu all day.. I can't wait till they get a real head coach and wipe their asses with beavo.. franchione would be good for them at oc ..

when i was in the hospital friday night all morphined up an old laddy nurse told me a good joke.. 3 ppl, a kansan, oklahoman, and texan and the each had one wish.. kansan asked for riches for everyong i think..

the texan said since were are such great ppl, surround our state with walls so nobody can come or go..

the oklahoman's wish.. fill the fenced in texas with water

i suck at telling stories but i was gittin r done with morphine so i was amused

Herr Scholz
5/1/2006, 02:40 PM
...it took darryl royal, AN OU ALL AMERICAN FOOTBALL PLAYER to get them their first two titles..
DKR won our first 3 titles (we have 4 now). If you're discounting our 1970 split title, you might want to do the same for your own school for 1950 since you lost your bowl game that season and split the title with the Vols.

If we only have 3 total titles, you guys only have 6. Since we're dealing in facts and all.

IronSooner
5/1/2006, 02:44 PM
Either way you guys have some catching up to do. Texas sucks. That is all.

Duke o Brewery
5/1/2006, 02:51 PM
Friendly suggestion Zepp... try changing your tactics. You'll never be taken seriously by making outlandish statements and then waiting to give more detailed explanations until after everyone has taken turns ridiculing your ideas. If you're going to make so many obviously debatable comments try explaining your ideas more thoroughly to begin with. It might save us all a lot of needless keystrokes.

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2006, 03:11 PM
once again i say texans that come to oklahoma proves that not all texans are retarted.. and for someone to get all hyped up about getting the facts straight you'd think he'd realize that BIG OLE DT we got is from southeast .. for u dumb shlonghorns,that's in oklahoma.. and my initial point was this, it took darryl royal, AN OU ALL AMERICAN FOOTBALL PLAYER to get them their first two titles.. you won't be seeing any longhorn alumni heading our great program..

It's not even worth arguing with those dumbasses, all we can do is whip their asses and keep winning national championships, they'll never shut up beccause well, that's how queers are.. I went to my first ever ou-texass game this year and i swear i've never seen so many flamers, and i'm being serious, it was like that at a mavs game i went to also.. and i love that little stat someone posted a month or so ago that reported the university of texass is the number 1 place in the nation for homosexuals to find a partner...atleast they can claim number 1 in something.. lotta nasty poopackin going on down there

sickos

Wow... here's a website for you Sport.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sexual+insecurity

In response to your ranting...

Scoreboard....
Overall Series....
National Champs.

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 05:27 PM
i don't need to look at anything, 7 a.p national championships, that is what matters.. and the longhorns titles were led by a sooner born and bred.. u can have ur series because before the 50's WHO GIVES A F&CK... a.p. and bcs titles are all i count so u have 3 and we have 7.. also there are a few little stats like.. we've been ranked #1 i believe 97 times overall only to be matched by notre damne.. we've been in the final a.p. top five more than any other team.. hell texass is on down that list so u have no weight AT ALL.. YOU GUYS WEREN'T EVEN THE BEST IN THE SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE, ARKANSAS WAS.. as good of talent as texass gets, ur a pretty damn lame program.. keep reeling in those homosexuals on campus broski, there's something u can be proud of..

goingoneight
5/1/2006, 08:14 PM

HOWEVER, Isn't it funny that it took a sooner all-american to lead texass to two of their three national titles. I don't think you'll ever see a longhorn all american coaching OU ever.

Maybe if one ends up smart enough to pass a wonderlic test.
In the continuing tradtition of coaches going south, players going north (conincidence?) I hope to GOD that if Josh Heupel becomes a good coach that he doesn't go down there!!!

goingoneight
5/1/2006, 08:15 PM
Fixed.

And... in other breaking news...

Germans bomb Pearl Harbor. :rolleyes:

so you were bowl eligible in 1970 too, huh?

goingoneight
5/1/2006, 08:18 PM
Wow... here's a website for you Sport.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sexual+insecurity

In response to your ranting...

Scoreboard= Bob 5, Mack 2
Overall Series= Who cares beyond 1950?
National Champs= 7-times.

Try not to take me seriously, I love to pick on people!

Jello Biafra
5/1/2006, 09:16 PM
What's your quarterback's name again?

a few months ago??

i think he packed his bags and moved out of your mothers house. something about being tired of supporting you and your mothers meth habit.

Big Red Ron
5/1/2006, 09:34 PM
leven stoops has said that looking back now, with where ou is at on a national level, they probably wouldnt even recruit heupel or white, I haven't ever heard of anything like this before. White could have gone just about anywhere out of HS. The same can't be said about Sam Bradford who we (OU) recruited this year.

soonerinabilene
5/1/2006, 09:45 PM
I haven't eve heard of anything like this before. Whit could have gone just about anywhere out of HS. The same can't be said about Sam Bradford who we (OU) recruited this year.

he said it during one of those interviews they show during the game. it was when he was talking about how the 2000 nat. championship team wasnt the most talented team hes had at ou, but they were the most determined. he said several players on that team were key building blocks for the future, but that if he were sent the tape of heupel, white, or hybl NOW, they wouldnt be put anywhere near the top of his list. all he was saying was that because of how those players elevated ou back to the top, they now can go after the more highly touted recruits and have a better chance of signing them. i remember this because afterwards brent musburger commented that maybe they should be looking at tapes of guys like heupel, and it was the first time all day i agreed with anything he said.

tbl
5/1/2006, 09:58 PM

You know... I've felt for the guy and thought you guys jumped on him much to early... but now I think I see why.

soonerscuba
5/1/2006, 10:15 PM
White could have gone just about anywhere out of HS.

As long as you consider "anywhere" fly by night programs like Tennessee or Miami. ;)

Adrian Peterson is the biggest recruiting victory of the Stoops era for sure, possibly in the history of the program.

Jello Biafra
5/1/2006, 10:19 PM
As long as you consider "anywhere" fly by night programs like Tennessee or Miami. ;)

Adrian Peterson is the biggest recruiting victory of the Stoops era for sure, possibly in the history of the program.

i thought i read his sister was a florida state scholly holder for something and he was offered as well. no?

soonerscuba
5/1/2006, 10:31 PM
i thought i read his sister was a florida state scholly holder for something and he was offered as well. no?

Pffft, Florida State in terms of history are another ****ty school in the same class as Ohio State or Nebraska, you know places where nobody wants to play and typically recruits guys that others don't want.

shavedmarmoset
5/2/2006, 12:02 AM
Pffft, Florida State in terms of history are another ****ty school in the same class as Ohio State or Nebraska, you know places where nobody wants to play and typically recruits guys that others don't want.

Dude Nebraska has five MNC's. That's almost in our class. I don't know how you can rip on them legitimately.

FSU is lower than them. They only have 2 MNC's and 2 Heismans, all in the past 13 years.

Duke o Brewery
5/2/2006, 12:12 AM
I agree. Nebraska is a top 6 or 7 all-time program. Rip on FSU all you want, but it's tough to really belittle what the bugeaters have done.

Desert Sapper
5/2/2006, 12:41 AM
Someone please remind me again what good came out of this country's victory at the Alamo? And I'm not talking about the bowl game.

Which country would that be? Tejas?;)

soonerscuba
5/2/2006, 02:42 AM

I think he might be using sarcasm. Now I remember why I stopped posting in this forum, back to the SO.

Egeo
5/2/2006, 03:19 AM
You know... I've felt for the guy and thought you guys jumped on him much to early... but now I think I see why.
same

Herr Scholz
5/2/2006, 10:32 AM
a.p. and bcs titles are all i count so u have 3 and we have 7...
You'd think a fan of a team with 7 titles wouldn't be so insecure as to want to take away a title from a team with only 4. Your slip is showing.

I guess we'll give back that UPI national championship trophy we have from 1970 since you think it doesn't count. And you count AP titles? So I guess you consider USC to have won a national title in '03?

EDIT: Sorry, nlt. I'm out.

TexasLidig8r
5/2/2006, 10:56 AM
AT ALL.. YOU GUYS WEREN'T EVEN THE BEST IN THE SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE, ARKANSAS WAS.. as good of talent as texass gets, ur a pretty damn lame program.. keep reeling in those homosexuals on campus broski, there's something u can be proud of..

Wow.. simply... wow. :rolleyes:

What color is the sky in your world Skippy?

JohnnyMack
5/2/2006, 11:16 AM

I think you're confusing "biggest recruits" with "best players". The "biggest recruits" we've landed were Tommie Harris and AD with Bomar following closely behind.

That or you're just a fu*king schmuck.

soonerjoker
5/2/2006, 11:17 AM
no names please.

GDC
5/2/2006, 11:20 AM
It's Tuesday, so STFU.

soonerspiff
5/2/2006, 11:28 AM
this thread = retarded

Soonerman08
5/2/2006, 01:58 PM
Why are people arguing with Whorns?? It's a waste of time, they are beneath us...end of discussion. They keep spouting how OU can't win games without Texas players, well as it has been stated many times before they can't win National Titles without ex-OU players/coaches. They think they are above us?? Yes. Are they?? NO!

OU, Notre Dame, and Alabama have the richest football traditions in college football.
Anybody willing to argue with that doesn't know their *** from a hole in the ground.

It'll take another 35 years for those losers to win another National title, and when they start stating crap like "we're academically superior...." well guess again....it takes a lot of effort to get a dumb a$$ like Vince Young into any college. The "High Academic Standings" of the University of Texas just unfolded when he took that Wonderlic test.

soonerjoker
5/3/2006, 10:33 AM
hair schooltz

OU would have another. as #3, they beat #1 MD, sometime in early 50s.