PDA

View Full Version : Brodie Croyle

hybridworks
5/1/2006, 10:01 AM
So the Chiefs turn away Jason White last year due to durability, but they take Brodie Croyle. I honestly think that Jason White would have been superb in the NFL compared to any one that has been drafted between this year and last... I dont know... Im ****ed about it.

Brodie:
dislocated elbow
broken ribs
torn labrum
torn ACL in both knees

Jason:
*Medical Redshirt Freshman* disc problems in his lower back/ankle sprain
left knee ACL tear
injured his left knee again, no surgery required.

sooner13f
5/1/2006, 10:14 AM
As a big KC fan, I would agree with you 100%. This is how KC is, recruiting is a nightmare. JW could have set on the bench behind Green for a few years working his knees and been twice the QB Brodie will ever be. KC has never been able to train young QB and Brodie will be no different.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/1/2006, 10:20 AM
white was hurt a little bit more than that...

Landthief 1972
5/1/2006, 11:02 AM
It's a moot point - White got his shot at Tennessee and quit of his own volition, citing that his knees simply couldn't handle the stress. Obviously, Croyle showed something at the combine that would lead scouts to believe his injuries weren't affecting his mobility the way White's did.

Also, didn't Kansas City get a new coach? That might explain the different approach to signing kids with previous injuries.

hybridworks
5/1/2006, 11:04 AM
white was hurt a little bit more than that...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/white_jason#injury

INJURY REPORT
1999: Granted a medical redshirt after two games because of disc problems in his lower back and an ankle sprain.

2001: Only played in seven games before missing the rest of the season after he suffered a left knee ACL tear vs. Nebraska, undergoing surgery.

2002: Played in the first two games before sitting out the rest of the schedule to undergo reconstructive left knee surgery to repair a torn ACL suffered in the Alabama contest.

2003: He injured his left knee again late in the 2003 campaign and the injury hampered him in the Big 12 Championship vs. Kansas State and vs. LSU in the Sugar Bowl.

snp
5/1/2006, 11:09 AM
His toe and hand were also hurt in 2003.

hybridworks
5/1/2006, 11:14 AM
It's a moot point - White got his shot at Tennessee and quit of his own volition, citing that his knees simply couldn't handle the stress. Obviously, Croyle showed something at the combine that would lead scouts to believe his injuries weren't affecting his mobility the way White's did.

Also, didn't Kansas City get a new coach? That might explain the different approach to signing kids with previous injuries.

White honestly couldnt except the fact that he would be practice squad. His track record shows him as a better QB... Croyle is a sitting duck in the pocket... Hence how he was sacked so often through out his career in BAMA. White was not a track star but was mobile enough to keep out of harms way.

hybridworks
5/1/2006, 11:15 AM
His toe and hand were also hurt in 2003.

Those werent performance stopping injuries... They didnt keep him off of the field...

Scott D
5/1/2006, 11:33 AM
Croyle didn't need second surguries on both knees either..White did.

LSUdeek
5/1/2006, 11:34 AM
White honestly couldnt except the fact that he would be practice squad. His track record shows him as a better QB... Croyle is a sitting duck in the pocket... Hence how he was sacked so often through out his career in BAMA. White was not a track star but was mobile enough to keep out of harms way.

Alabama had no offensive line for the bulk of Brodie's career. Probation'll do that to ya.

snp
5/1/2006, 11:38 AM
Those werent performance stopping injuries... They didnt keep him off of the field...

If this thread was posted a couple weeks after the Sugar Bowl, here is when half the board would start chirping in "THEY SHOULD'VE KEPT HIM OFF THE FIELD AND PUT IN ENA"

hybridworks
5/1/2006, 11:46 AM
They should have just ran the ball in the sugarbowl.

RedstickSooner
5/1/2006, 11:48 AM
Er, I thought JW tore his right knee against Alabama? He re-tore the left knee?

yermom
5/1/2006, 11:57 AM
yeah, he injured both knees, didn't he?

Sooner in Tampa
5/1/2006, 12:22 PM
yeah, he injured both knees, didn't he?Yeah...I am pretty sure that blew one out against the bugeaters...and then the next year he blew out the other one.

hybridworks
5/1/2006, 12:23 PM
he only tore one, he over extended the right.

yermom
5/1/2006, 01:00 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2470&SPID=190&SPORT_TAB_SEL=02&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=11605&Q_SEASON=2004

In 2002 - Suffered a season-ending knee injury in the first quarter of the Alabama game (second game of the season) " has torn the ACL in each knee over the last two seasons.

unless OU was releasing bogus info for some reason...

soonerinabilene
5/1/2006, 01:03 PM
i personally was shocked that the jets took clemmons over croyle.

Collier11
5/1/2006, 03:48 PM
The diff between the two is Croyles arm strength. We all know how Nfl types love arm strength and like it or not, Croyle has a cannon and white didnt

yermom
5/1/2006, 03:56 PM
White's knees were bad... he was only practicing every other day at OU, he couldn't handle the NFL practices

i don't think arm strength had that much to do with it

it's not like the NFL field is any bigger than the college one

David Earl
5/1/2006, 04:01 PM
Yermom is right. White's knees might be worse than some of you imagine. He took himself out of consideration for any NFL future. His knees are killing him. Whether or not he could have ever made it with better knees is water cooler talk. His NFL coaches liked him and thought he showed promise. His knees were killing him so he bowed out. End of story.

FaninAma
5/1/2006, 04:46 PM
The diff between the two is Croyles arm strength. We all know how Nfl types love arm strength and like it or not, Croyle has a cannon and white didnt

That's why I thoought the kid from Vanderbilt would be the first QB taken in the draft. I think both VY and Leinert lack the arm strength to match Cutler.

hybridworks
5/1/2006, 04:56 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2470&SPID=190&SPORT_TAB_SEL=02&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=11605&Q_SEASON=2004

unless OU was releasing bogus info for some reason...

Then I stand corrected.

swardboy
5/2/2006, 06:32 AM
I have the utmost respect for Brodie. Couldn't play his senior year in H.S. because of injury. Goes thru the Franchione fiasco. Another injury. Goes thru the Mike Price soap opera. Goes thru one of the most "down" periods in Alabama history. The kid never wavered in his attitude of loyalty to the program....he's what's good about college football.......plus he reminds me of my son...whatever.

soonercody
5/2/2006, 07:41 AM
Every once in awhile a "football challenge" of some sorts is on and Brodie can chuck the rock.

Like Fanin, I thought Cutler would be the first QB picked.

LSUdeek
5/2/2006, 09:37 AM
Every once in awhile a "football challenge" of some sorts is on and Brodie can chuck the rock.

Like Fanin, I thought Cutler would be the first QB picked.

Not only can he chuck it but he can chuck it 70 yards right down the middle of the cones. The other quarterbacks couldn't throw it as far or as accurately. Brodie clearly had the skinniest arms of everyone competing too.

Collier11
5/2/2006, 11:28 AM
The one thing that White could do better than anyone was throw the deep ball, he may not have been able to throw it 70 but he could put it 40 or 50 between two defenders right on the money everytime though

AllAboutThe'O'
5/2/2006, 08:09 PM
I have the utmost respect for Brodie. Couldn't play his senior year in H.S. because of injury. Goes thru the Franchione fiasco. Another injury. Goes thru the Mike Price soap opera. Goes thru one of the most "down" periods in Alabama history. The kid never wavered in his attitude of loyalty to the program....he's what's good about college football.......plus he reminds me of my son...whatever.
Agree with everything you said, except I don't have a son.
During the NFL draft, they showed the piece that ESPN did during the football season about Croyle and his dad's ranch where they welcome children who were abused, abandoned, etc., and Brodie talked about seeing up close the children for the first time who were in bad shape. Brodie said he also goes back to the ranch every now and then and plays with the kids, who don't treat him like the big man on campus, just as a big brother instead.
Yes, I hope Brodie Croyle succeeds in the NFL.