PDA

View Full Version : I'm reading this book Under and Alone and I have a question

usmc-sooner
5/1/2006, 08:19 AM
The book is athe true story about a cop, who goes undercover in a Biker gang the Mongols who were supposed to have been the most violent gang in America during the late 90's.

The book mentions specifically that the Monguls had an above average presence in Oklahoma. Now I left Oklahoma in 93 and in my time before that I had never noticed a big biker presence in Oklahoma. I have lived in Colorado/New Mexico area and noticed it. I ran across a gang called the Banditos in Colorado. None of them gave me any trouble.

My question is are there a lot of Biker gang types in Oklahoma? I'm not talking guys who ride Harley's but hardcore gangs.

OUDoc
5/1/2006, 08:47 AM
Not that I've ever noticed.

usmc-sooner
5/1/2006, 09:44 AM
I just finished the book and it listed that they made raids on the gang mostly in Southern California but also Oklahoma, Colorado and Georgia

OUDoc
5/1/2006, 09:47 AM
My kids will be so happy to know we're "gangsta". :mad:

GDC
5/1/2006, 09:54 AM
I know of Bandidos, Rogues, Mongols, and Outlaws in Oklahoma for sure. I personally knew some Bandidos and Outlaws in El Paso and New Mexico.

Taxman71
5/1/2006, 10:33 AM
http://www.jusbrothersmc.com/1-PERCENT-PATCH.jpg

walkoffsooner
5/1/2006, 10:38 AM
Sons of silence okc and I heard medicine park

OUAndy1807
5/1/2006, 10:40 AM
how is the book? I've been wanting to read it, but I'm a slow reader so I havent gotten there yet.

Partial Qualifier
5/1/2006, 10:49 AM
Which gang is it that drives brand-new Harleys, wears brand-new leather jackets and designer sunglasses, and generally look like 40-ish men who dreamt of being tough-guys when they were kids?

usmc-sooner
5/1/2006, 11:08 AM
how is the book? I've been wanting to read it, but I'm a slow reader so I havent gotten there yet.

pretty good, kinda crazy what this UC cop went through, how lucky he got, how stupid these bikers were and sometimes how smart.

It just threw me when they mentioned Oklahoma as I've never seen a biker gang in Oklahoma ever.

the few bikers I've met did not impress me that much.

OUDoc
5/1/2006, 11:22 AM
Which gang is it that drives brand-new Harleys, wears brand-new leather jackets and designer sunglasses, and generally look like 40-ish men who dreamt of being tough-guys when they were kids?
Hater. ;)

Partial Qualifier
5/1/2006, 11:27 AM
Hater. ;)

uh oh.. :O

OUDoc
5/1/2006, 11:36 AM
uh oh.. :O
Nah, I don't have a Harley. Yet.

GDC
5/1/2006, 11:45 AM
This (http://www.theopenpress.com/index.php?a=press&id=8315) former Bandido lives in Oklahoma.

Chuck Bao
5/1/2006, 01:30 PM
yeah! Oklahoma had quite of few bikers. But white slavery charges brought down some of the ring leaders back in the 70s. "White slavery" is that term PC these days?

Taxman71
5/1/2006, 01:40 PM
As a non-biker, it seems owning a Harley is all about the "lifestyle" rather than enjoying a high performance bike. At least the most famous Hell's Angel thinks so:

http://www.bikerworld.co.uk/xBarger/index.html