PDA

View Full Version : Who's got class?

BigCrimson32
4/30/2006, 11:17 PM
Hook 'em I've been reading through some of the threads about the trojan condom's possible violations and decided to bring up a few things.

Sure we had a few problems back in the Switzer days, but they were dealt with immediatly by the school and coaching staff. Teams like miami, usc, and texass seem to have no problem keeping the thug life alive in their programs.

I'm not quite sure about the whole incident but 3 shlonghorn players were charged with aggrevated assault and robbery the week leading up to the usc texass title game, YET THOSE SAME GUYS STILL PLAYED and nothing was even brought up about it! (maybe on a few radio stations)

Then there's OU, Dusty whips his friends *** and gets kicked off the team indefinatly, onynegecha was suspended his last game of his career in college, probably for bad grades or whatever. My point is, OU has a tradition of taking pride in keeping our system clean and winning championships.

It just really ****es me off when something like the peterson car thing comes up when you have miami over there signing players that have been charged with rape, assault and battery, drug infractions, or whatever.

It's just so much B.S., when OU so much as farts the whole nation is on our asses but they're quick to forget all the trash that the other powerhouse teams have on their rosters.

We've been called the outlaws of college football, cheaters and all that stuff, and the teams that call us out on that are the ones that are actually breaking the rules, but nobody wants to hear that OU is the good guy because we're just little ole oklahoma, not hollywood or whatever. I'm starting to rant and prolly not making much sense because i get so ****ed about all this, maybe someone else can make a point and get this out in the open.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 11:19 PM
Take a Wilma and a Betty and sit in a dark room for a while.

BigCrimson32
4/30/2006, 11:20 PM
i have no idea what u just said

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 11:21 PM
take two flinstone chewables and call me in the morning.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/30/2006, 11:21 PM
OU still has the hangover from the Switzer days and whenever something happens that seems a little shady people automatically assume the worst.

As where people just expect the worst out of Miami so it's no big deal

BigCrimson32
4/30/2006, 11:26 PM
Bootlegger's Boy really cleared alot of that stuff up for me.

Kinda sad that a guy had no money to go home to bury his dead mother so coach switzer bought him a plane ticket home to do so, and hell broke loose over that. Ofcourse nobody bothered to mention that was the reason money was given to the player, ppl just wanted to hear OU was paying their players.

goingoneight
4/30/2006, 11:37 PM
[stupid aggie] but that was a freakin' plane ticket ou that gots to be more then a four-quarter, uh, five quarter million dollar house to bush. [stupid aggie]

BigCrimson32
4/30/2006, 11:43 PM
what

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 11:53 PM
what
less typing and more reading for a while

BigCrimson32
4/30/2006, 11:57 PM
we don't want me catching up to your 5800 posts and ruin your proud high number now do we?

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 11:59 PM
we don't want me catching up to your 5800 posts and ruin your proud high number now do we?
not the point.

I'm suggesting it would be good for you to get a feel for the personality of the board so you don't have to say "what?" repeatedly.

Take it personal if you like, but it's not intended to be.

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 12:02 AM
not the point.

We would like you to get a feel for the personality of the board so you don't have to say "what?" repeatedly.

Take it personal if you like, but it's not intended to be.

pretty sure i said what once

might wanna look at the other pointless posts considering i was the one who brought up a pretty decent conversation, atleast i thought it was.

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2006, 12:06 AM
yeah, the other was just a post of confusion, implying the "what".

Where's the conversation? There's no point in adding to your masterpiece.

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2006, 09:51 AM
Sure we had a few problems back in the Switzer days, but they were dealt with immediatly by the school and coaching staff. Teams like miami, usc, and texass seem to have no problem keeping the thug life alive in their programs.

I'm not quite sure about the whole incident but 3 shlonghorn players were charged with aggrevated assault and robbery the week leading up to the usc texass title game, YET THOSE SAME GUYS STILL PLAYED and nothing was even brought up about it! (maybe on a few radio stations)

Get your facts straight. First, the week leading up to the game, the tem was already in Southern California. As to the incident you referred to, the District Attorney's office and Austin P.D. investigate the incident thoroughly. No charges were brought and the case was never even taken to the Grand Jury (which if given a chance, a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich). The player who was allegedly involved in the incident not only did not play in the game, but withdrew from the university in December.

As for nothing being brought up about it, ESPN ran stories on it (at least when they weren't performing oral love on USC saying how USC was the best team since the Roman Legions defeated the Carthegenians).

Bash all you like.. at least be intelligent about it.

sooneron
5/1/2006, 10:00 AM
what?

FaninAma
5/1/2006, 10:04 AM
I think USC is in deep you know what.

Boarder
5/1/2006, 10:04 AM
what?

Big Red Ron
5/1/2006, 10:27 AM
less typing and more reading for a whileLess reading and more typing for you there Big Word Guy!

XingTheRubicon
5/1/2006, 10:44 AM

Why don't you read more.

This guy was just wanting to discuss a pretty huge story right now, and you've feel compelled to police yet another thread. God forbid he doesn't know the secret handshake.

How many hundreds of times would you guess you've tried to correct an overzealous Sooner fan. People here, for the most part, are going to enjoy misfortune at USC and at Texas.....and I don't think they care too much about what some anonymous guy in SanAntonio thinks.

SoonerWood
5/1/2006, 10:46 AM
I do like the term 'shlonghorn' though.

okienole3
5/1/2006, 10:47 AM
This thread cracks me up.

BigCrimson32, you brought up the plane ticket home but you forgot to mention gang rape and cocaine. Plus, Dusty beat more than one person's *** only one of which was his friend. The fact of the matter is, when you have gotten yourself in the trouble that OU did in the past, you have to mind your P's and Q's that much more.

I agree with what sas said in another post, just because the NCAA goes lightly on USC or someone else doesn't necessarily mean that they like them and don't like OU. They learned their lesson when they sent OU down.

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 11:15 AM
Get your facts straight. First, the week leading up to the game, the tem was already in Southern California. As to the incident you referred to, the District Attorney's office and Austin P.D. investigate the incident thoroughly. No charges were brought and the case was never even taken to the Grand Jury (which if given a chance, a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich). The player who was allegedly involved in the incident not only did not play in the game, but withdrew from the university in December.

As for nothing being brought up about it, ESPN ran stories on it (at least when they weren't performing oral love on USC saying how USC was the best team since the Roman Legions defeated the Carthegenians).

Bash all you like.. at least be intelligent about it.

lol.. a shlonghorn asking for intelligence? didn't know u queers knew what that was

I was just stating what i heard, and I listen to alot of football and didnt hear much about the problems.. whether it happened or didn't, if it was OU we'd still be hearing about it.. oh well i don't care, like one of the fellers on here said, call me in 5 years when u beat us again or another 30 when u win another title, i mean 36

I do admit I don't know enough about the subject, I just know if OU is accused of something, all hell breaks loose in the nation

TexasLidig8r
5/1/2006, 11:49 AM
lol.. a shlonghorn asking for intelligence? didn't know u queers knew what that was

I was just stating what i heard, and I listen to alot of football and didnt hear much about the problems.. whether it happened or didn't, if it was OU we'd still be hearing about it.. oh well i don't care, like one of the fellers on here said, call me in 5 years when u beat us again or another 30 when u win another title, i mean 36

I do admit I don't know enough about the subject, I just know if OU is accused of something, all hell breaks loose in the nation

Well, at least you admit that you just throw your opinions against the wall without regard to facts because you are so blinded by your hatred. As for, ". . .if OU is accused of something, all hell breaks loose..." care to cite some examples? The Peterson/Lexus thing broke in the past few weeks and is getting little.. if any... national press, let alone having "all hell breaking loose."

On the one hand, I applaud your obvious passion for OU sports.. on the other hand.. get some facts to support your opinions.

snp
5/1/2006, 11:52 AM
No class for me today :cool:

BigCrimson32
5/1/2006, 02:22 PM
dusty messsed up and was kicked off the team, he was allowed to come back a year later as long as he stayed clean, him having a high gpa helped probably.. and as for the 80s problems, i brought that up i believe, and all those guys were removed from the team, and u don't see us and never will see us signing troubled players like that.. miami,usc and texas have no problem signing those guys, hell i remember lawrence phillips in nebraska and all the stuff going on there...

shlonghorn u can kiss my *** cus i just had surgery and i'm flubbed on pain pills trying to bring up facts, and i'm gonna find out about the felony assault and robbery charges because i'm pretty sure it was 3 players, r.taylor was one of them i think.. anyway, enjoy ur title queerbo, it'll be another 40 before u see that again

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2006, 07:47 PM
Why don't you read more.

This guy was just wanting to discuss a pretty huge story right now, and you've feel compelled to police yet another thread. God forbid he doesn't know the secret handshake.

How many hundreds of times would you guess you've tried to correct an overzealous Sooner fan. People here, for the most part, are going to enjoy misfortune at USC and at Texas.....and I don't think they care too much about what some anonymous guy in SanAntonio thinks.
pfffffffft.........thanks for your opinion.

I'll continue to share mine.

BTW.......go defend you overzealous buddy from his stupidity again.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68327

David Earl
5/1/2006, 08:54 PM
I've got class... for closing this thread.