PDA

View Full Version : damn fr'n termites

OUHOMER
4/30/2006, 09:31 PM
just discovered some termites and damage, dont know how bad it is yet. this is not going to be a good thing. I have reason to believe this will cost a bundle..

Does homeowner insurance cover this????????

I should just bulldoze this place and build a new house... This really is the suck :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

somebody please tell me allstate will bail me out

RacerX
4/30/2006, 10:18 PM
You're on your own.

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 10:21 PM
allstate just opened up them "good hands " and let you drop

Mongo
4/30/2006, 10:30 PM
dont try to claim it to insurance, burn the joint down and then its pay day

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 10:35 PM
dont try to claim it to insurance, burn the joint down and then its pay day
Dude till your humor is better known , learn to use the smileys . Or dont beatch when ya get negged :D

Sooner in Tampa
5/1/2006, 05:20 AM
That sucks dude...termites are freakin ****ty. We had a very small problem with termites right before we bought our house. The seller paid to have the house tented, after that you are good to go for 7 years...or so they say.

Okla-homey
5/1/2006, 06:03 AM
Just some general stuff to check and consider...

You might check your sales contract to see if the the guy you bought it from warranted the house free of termite damage. You should also check on the result of the pre-purchase termite inspection.

If those things said "good to go" on termites AND the current infestation can be determined to pre-date those documents, you might be in pretty good shape.

Also, if you have been having the house treated, check your contract with the extermination company you've been using to see what warranty they included in your service contract.

Bottomline: ask your lawyer.

OUHOMER
5/1/2006, 05:24 PM
Well, there’s no checking with the previous owner. They were my parents (long story) I took over payments from them over 20 years ago. It is a very very old house, been remodeled so many times it isn’t funny. I still owe on it but the barn and dirt it sets on is worth more than I owe. So my 3 choices are.

1. call bug man, and repair damage myself, and keep adding more money to the money pit
2. bull doze it build a new house
3. sell it as is move to town… don’t think I could live in town again

anybody have the number too 1 800 NO AGENT

walkoffsooner
5/1/2006, 05:28 PM
Is it just around your windows

OUHOMER
5/1/2006, 05:39 PM
Is it just around your windows

Well, the first sign of them is just above 1 window. However this is a 2 story a wood frame and clad house I put vinyl siding on it about 15 years ago. On the front of the house where we saw the termite I noticed that the siding is buckling, like the house has settled a little lower in that corner. . I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best

BajaOklahoma
5/1/2006, 05:53 PM
Try to get on one of those home improvement shows - they get some kind of discount.....

walkoffsooner
5/1/2006, 07:41 PM
Thats all you can do is rip into it and see what you got.:confused: