PDA

View Full Version : my NEW pots & pans

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 06:20 PM
Just bought a 19 piece stainless steel set of pots and pans by Wolfgang Puck . I'm SOOOO excited.

Gonna try them out tonight. No better way to test them than with fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and steamed veggies. mmmmmmmmmm :twinkies:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/elitedeals_1894_72043731

came with:
Saucepan with cover - 1 qt.
Saucepan with cover - 2 qt.
Saucepan with cover - 4 qt.
Omelette Pan - 8"
Omelette Pan - 10"
Stockpot with cover and steamer insert - 8 qt.
Stir fry with cover - 10"
Sauté Pan with cover - 11"
Four tools - slotted spoon, solid spoon, slotted turner and fork

dolemitesooner
4/30/2006, 06:20 PM
WHEN ARE YOU GOIUNG TO COOK FOR ME?

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 06:22 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

dolemitesooner
4/30/2006, 06:25 PM
WHAT CAT GOT YOUR TOUNGE...I JUST WANT A NICE HAWT HOME COOKED MEAL

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 06:26 PM
follow your nose. I'll be in the kitchen.

dolemitesooner
4/30/2006, 06:28 PM
Come on I need better diretions than that.

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 06:28 PM
NW Norman.

BoogercountySooner
4/30/2006, 06:29 PM
Mashed taters and gravy and steamed veggies don't sound right. What kinda Hillbilly are ya anyway?

dolemitesooner
4/30/2006, 06:30 PM
NW Norman.
keep going...come on ...if you dont want to give out your address I have a pe m
box :D

dolemitesooner
4/30/2006, 06:31 PM
I will bring the movie

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 06:34 PM
Mashed taters and gravy and steamed veggies don't sound right. What kinda Hillbilly are ya anyway?
The fried chicken and all sounds GREAT to me . Ive been eating out of cans for a week :eek: some times I heat it up some times just straight outta the can :( I like to cook but hate to clean :)

BoogercountySooner
4/30/2006, 06:34 PM
Chicka Chicka Bowow!

dolemitesooner
4/30/2006, 06:35 PM
I can cook and love to eat but I hat to clean also

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 06:38 PM
i'm not a big fan of of glass lids....but good cookware is a GREAT investment.

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2006, 06:40 PM
Man I could use me some good home cooking. I eat Long John Silvers like 3 nights a week. :mad:

walkoffsooner
4/30/2006, 06:48 PM
Did you go to one of those deals where they cook for you at home then the put the big sales pitch on you?

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 06:51 PM
no, I saw them in the store, read reviews online, then went and bought them.

I have appetizers in the oven, mashed taters are a boilin. gonna start the chicken soon. Changed from steamed veggies to green beans.

man I love to cook.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 06:54 PM
Man I could use me some good home cooking. I eat Long John Silvers like 3 nights a week. :mad:

that's disgusting. no wonder yer mind is so occluded. ;)

if you really believed in self-determination, you'd learn how to cook instead of relying on some welfare pirates to make your chicken planks.

walkoffsooner
4/30/2006, 06:57 PM
cooks do it with prongs

Jimminy Crimson
4/30/2006, 06:58 PM
I eat Long John Silvers like 3 nights a week. :mad:

Thank you for supporting the future Wayne Coyne's of the world! :cool:

BoogercountySooner
4/30/2006, 06:58 PM
no, I saw them in the store, read reviews online, then went and bought them.

I have appetizers in the oven, mashed taters are a boilin. gonna start the chicken soon. Changed from steamed veggies to green beans.

man I love to cook.

Atta girl!

OUAndy1807
4/30/2006, 07:12 PM
didn't go for the Calphalon One, huh?

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 07:13 PM
um, no. on a smaller budget than that.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 07:22 PM
calphalon sucks. when you have the money, get all-clad.

aluminum vs. steel?

Jimminy Crimson
4/30/2006, 07:24 PM
calphalon sucks. when you have the money, get all-clad.

aluminum vs. steel?

All-Clad is definately where it's at.

Add in a couple Le Creuset pieces and you're set!

proud gonzo
4/30/2006, 07:38 PM
i really want some le creuset stuff, but i don't have the money :(

personally, though, I prefer cast iron for fried chikkin :D

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 07:42 PM
All-Clad is definately where it's at.

Add in a couple Le Creuset pieces and you're set!

that's the gawddamned truth.

opksooner
4/30/2006, 07:44 PM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/elitedeals_1894_72043731

came with:
Saucepan with cover - 1 qt.
Saucepan with cover - 2 qt.
Saucepan with cover - 4 qt.
Omelette Pan - 8"
Omelette Pan - 10" =5
Stockpot with cover and steamer insert - 8 qt.
Stir fry with cover - 10"
Sauté Pan with cover - 11"
Four tools - slotted spoon, solid spoon, slotted turner and fork

"........but wait! For a limited time........................"

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 07:59 PM
HOLY MOLY was that gooooooooooooooood eatin.

wow.

BajaOklahoma
4/30/2006, 08:32 PM
Calphalon is great. Treat it right and it lasts forever. I bought my set because my favorite chef uses them.
And every so often, you can find a pan offered for 20 or 30 bucks. Great deal.
I even bought Lil Baja a starter set for her apt.

Jimminy Crimson
4/30/2006, 08:55 PM
"........but wait! For a limited time........................"

....we'll throw in 4 steak knives and a cake serving set, but call within the next 10 minutes..... :D

OUAndy1807
4/30/2006, 10:00 PM
look at all the jealous calphalon haters.

TopDaugIn2000
5/1/2006, 11:11 AM
so now I've decided to get my mom a new set of pots and pans for mother's day (most of the ones she has are older than I am). I know for a fact she hates stainless steel and will only use nonstick. my problem is that my set of nonstick has the hard anodized aluminum outside which fades, stains, discolors, etc (they look terrible and they are only about 5 years old). I know that most of that comes from putting them in the dishwasher, which is something she'll do also. So I'd like to stay away from the anodized aluminum stuff, but what are my other choices??? How good is Enamel on the outside?

If I get my brother and stepdad involved our budget will probably be around $200 or so. probably 8 to 10 pieces if possible.

suggestions?

Jimminy Crimson
5/1/2006, 11:40 AM
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/380/34398106004C.JPG

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=106004&RN=398

I think my sister has that set in red. She likes them and is getting interested in cooking. Oh, and they're dishwasher safe!

Only 100 smackers.

King Crimson
5/1/2006, 11:47 AM
so now I've decided to get my mom a new set of pots and pans for mother's day (most of the ones she has are older than I am). I know for a fact she hates stainless steel and will only use nonstick. my problem is that my set of nonstick has the hard anodized aluminum outside which fades, stains, discolors, etc (they look terrible and they are only about 5 years old). I know that most of that comes from putting them in the dishwasher, which is something she'll do also. So I'd like to stay away from the anodized aluminum stuff, but what are my other choices??? How good is Enamel on the outside?

If I get my brother and stepdad involved our budget will probably be around $200 or so. probably 8 to 10 pieces if possible.

suggestions?

i have an enamel Chantal omellette pan--it's a pretty versitile piece of equipment. heats up wicked fast. they make good enamel cookware, but i don't know far 200$ will get you.

the best way (i'm also talking to PG here) is around christmas most manufacturers will put one piece on sale for a ridiculuously low price as a kind of teaser....and over the course of a few years you can put together a hodge-podge collection of pretty high quality equipment. doing so: i've got a Le Creuset 2 qt dutch oven, ALL-Clad 2 qt italian style sautee pan (just an incredible workhorse--you can do everything in it), All-Clad omellette pan, All Clad i qt saucier, chantal omellete pan, Calphalon wok, and some odds and end stock pot, 3 qt pot, etc.

even though i'm loathe to suggest it, and i don't know if i could do it myself in good conscience.....but the Emeril line is pretty reasonable and basically an ALL-Clad knock-off--all the shapes are right, and the quality is OK to better than decent.

Jimminy Crimson
5/1/2006, 11:52 AM
Emerilware is actually an All-Clad line, just their entry level stuff.

King Crimson
5/1/2006, 11:52 AM
Emerilware is actually an All-Clad line, just their entry level stuff.

huh, that makes sense.

TopDaugIn2000
5/1/2006, 11:59 AM
yeah, I looked at the emril set on the BedBath&Beyond website. pretty reasonable $ and says it's all-clad

proud gonzo
5/1/2006, 01:04 PM
i have an enamel Chantal omellette pan--it's a pretty versitile piece of equipment. heats up wicked fast. they make good enamel cookware, but i don't know far 200$ will get you.

the best way (i'm also talking to PG here) is around christmas most manufacturers will put one piece on sale for a ridiculuously low price as a kind of teaser....and over the course of a few years you can put together a hodge-podge collection of pretty high quality equipment. doing so: i've got a Le Creuset 2 qt dutch oven, ALL-Clad 2 qt italian style sautee pan (just an incredible workhorse--you can do everything in it), All-Clad omellette pan, All Clad i qt saucier, chantal omellete pan, Calphalon wok, and some odds and end stock pot, 3 qt pot, etc.

even though i'm loathe to suggest it, and i don't know if i could do it myself in good conscience.....but the Emeril line is pretty reasonable and basically an ALL-Clad knock-off--all the shapes are right, and the quality is OK to better than decent.

:D yay

TopDaugIn2000
5/1/2006, 01:13 PM
yeah, I want a really good dutch oven too, they are just so freakin expensive. don't know if I'd use it enough to justify spending $200+ on one pan.

King Crimson
5/1/2006, 01:18 PM
http://www.cutleryandmore.com/lecreuset.htm?FamilyBD=22

200$: pfft.

i've ordered stuff from this site before, free delivery 59$ or more.

King Crimson
5/1/2006, 01:27 PM
as a stop gap until the big dutch oven purchase, this is what you need: ROmertopf terracotta oven . for chicken or half a turkey--you cannot beat this. it's easy: dice some red potatoes, fresh herbs, big slices of onion, some green apple slices, italian sausage, and little white wine........hot peppers. rub the bird down with sea salt and coarse black pepper. i've made lamb with red wine and rosemary, salmon, beef also with red wine.....in mine.

http://www.romertopfonline.com/

50$ you can get one of the big ones.

TopDaugIn2000
5/1/2006, 01:32 PM
yeah, I'm looking at no smaller than 5 qts.

TopDaugIn2000
5/7/2006, 07:25 PM
well, went all out on Mom this year. found a 12 piece set of calphalon non-stick yesterday on sale at Kohls. Also had a 15% off coupon. Made it just over 200, which we'll split 3 ways. she better LIKE IT!!!!!

King Crimson
5/7/2006, 07:36 PM
on the by and by, in the interim I read a good review of that Wolfgang Puck cookware. i can't remember what i googled to find it....or i'd post the link.

on the subject of the big Le Creuset Dutch oven, if you are in Norman you might roll into International Pantry from time to time and if they have one....casually ask: "do you guys ever put this one on sale".....and see what they say. put the thought in their head. they can't be selling too many of them.

TopDaugIn2000
5/7/2006, 07:40 PM
I read some good reviews as well. and so far I love the set.

I was in the Internation Pantry yesterday to take a look around. they had tons of Le Crueset stuff, but nothing on sale. I'll probably get an "off" brand to try out first, and if I love it and use it a lot, then I might go for the big purchase.

King Crimson
5/7/2006, 07:42 PM
they had tons of Le Crueset stuff, but nothing on sale.

that's why you ask. if they think you are interested....they might come around to yer way of thinking...

TopDaugIn2000
5/7/2006, 07:44 PM
I doubt it, but I might give it a try next time I'm in there.

with their prices though, I have NO idea how they stay in business. seriously.

King Crimson
5/7/2006, 07:49 PM
with their prices though, I have NO idea how they stay in business. seriously.

i hear that. i bought a 4 star Henckels knife for my mom there that was SO overpriced it was sick (but it was Christmas and all that--i like the family that owns the IP). and Henckels makes some good knives (and some crappy ones) but for the money there a dozen other companies that make a better product or equal for way less $$$. you are probably right, thinking about it, if you did get the Le Creuset Dutch.....you'd prolly find a better price on-line.

StoopTroup
5/7/2006, 07:53 PM
If you really want some good stuff...may I suggest...

http://www.cutco.com/jsp/catalog/products.jsp

http://www.cutco.com/assets/prodimgs/thumbnail/2013.jpghttp://www.cutco.com/assets/prodimgs/product/1800.jpg

http://www.cutco.com/assets/prodimgs/product/1805.jpghttp://www.cutco.com/assets/prodimgs/product/7922.jpg

BajaOklahoma
5/7/2006, 08:53 PM
We bought a couple of Cutco knives as a fund raiser for a friend. Okay, but I really like my Henckle knives better.

nmsoonergirl
5/7/2006, 09:07 PM
Tuesday Morning will sometimes have some good deals on Le Crueset--there used to be one in Norman by the Wright's on Main. Don't know if it is still there.

Jimminy Crimson
5/7/2006, 10:36 PM
Cutco's don't come anywhere close to Henckels, Wustof, or Global.

Decent knives, but nowhere near top of the line.

hurricane'bone
5/7/2006, 10:50 PM
http://www.kingkahler.com/GinsuKnives.jpg

Boarder
5/8/2006, 12:06 AM
Lodge has an enameled large Dutch Oevn that is comparable to LeCrueset.

I wouldn't give up my large enameled Dutch Ovens for anything. They're soup/gumbo/chili machines.

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 01:13 AM
They're soup/gumbo/chili machines.

:les: Fo real, yo!

A cavemans crockpot! I don't need no stinkin 'lectricity, just give me a fire!

They can also be used to make a wicked good pot of bbq baked beans.

Mixer!
5/8/2006, 02:33 AM
yeah, I want a really good dutch oven too :eek: :D

BajaOklahoma
5/8/2006, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=Jimminy CrimsonThey can also be used to make a wicked good pot of bbq baked beans.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you make bbq baked beans in an aluminum foil pan on your grill.

TopDaugIn2000
5/8/2006, 08:34 AM
Tuesday Morning will sometimes have some good deals on Le Crueset--there used to be one in Norman by the Wright's on Main. Don't know if it is still there.
yeah, it's still there. I went two weekends ago with a friend. Saw a Le Crueset Dutch oven, but it was a HUGE one (regular price was over $400) and they had it for $225 I think.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2006, 09:12 AM
Uhmm,

I bet my All Clad is better! ;)

sooneron
5/8/2006, 11:05 AM
You girls and your bellyaching about the costs of good cookware! Just do what the other girls do- sack up and get married! Put what you want on the registry.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2006, 11:08 AM

suggestions?

Sam's has some great chef pans that are aluminum and non-stick. Come in a three-pack and are cheap. We use them for everyday type sauteing. Hold heat well.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2006, 11:10 AM
If you really want some good stuff...may I suggest...

http://www.cutco.com/jsp/catalog/products.jsp

http://www.cutco.com/assets/prodimgs/thumbnail/2013.jpghttp://www.cutco.com/assets/prodimgs/product/1800.jpg

http://www.cutco.com/assets/prodimgs/product/1805.jpghttp://www.cutco.com/assets/prodimgs/product/7922.jpg

Mom has had Cutco for 50 years. Mrs. THA got me a set of Henckels years ago, she want s a set of Shun's (spelling?) now.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2006, 11:11 AM
yeah, it's still there. I went two weekends ago with a friend. Saw a Le Crueset Dutch oven, but it was a HUGE one (regular price was over $400) and they had it for $225 I think.

Buy it. I love my Le Crueset's. Heavy as hell, but great ovenware.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/8/2006, 11:22 AM
I got a new Calphalon set a while back.

And it's lovely hanging on the pot rack in the kitchen...maybe one day it'll get used...

NormanPride
5/8/2006, 11:22 AM
Man, I wish my kitchen didn't suck. I have like 1 foot of counter space, and my oven only heats in the front middle. :( Anyone care to donate a kitchen?

Mjcpr
5/8/2006, 12:12 PM
I got a new Calphalon set a while back.

And it's lovely hanging on the pot rack in the kitchen...maybe one day it'll get used...

You don't need no fancy Calphalon to make me a sammich.

LilSooner
5/8/2006, 12:27 PM
Calphalon is the BEST people. When my mom owned the resturant that is all she cooked with. She has had the same set for at least 30 years and they still look brand freaking new.

Man mom needs to make me some food.

King Crimson
5/8/2006, 01:00 PM
Calphalon is not the best. All-Clad is the best. it's not really even close.

LilSooner
5/8/2006, 03:12 PM
Hate to disagree KC, but have you ever recieved 5 stars for your cooking from the Dallas Star Telegram? Thought not, but my mom has and she only cooks with calphalon.