4/30/2006, 04:46 PM
Wow! Does it ever stop?

Scott D
4/30/2006, 04:48 PM
Nothing is going to come of it I bet.

fadada1
4/30/2006, 04:54 PM
Nothing is going to come of it I bet.
just like nothing came of a starting QB selling cocain????

this program is under the microscope now - just like we were. the difference is that these are NCAA violations, while shooting a teamate, a gang rape, and selling dope are not technically against NCAA rules (but are highly discouraged).

Scott D
4/30/2006, 04:55 PM
just like nothing came of a starting QB selling cocain????

this program is under the microscope now - just like we were. the difference is that these are NCAA violations, while shooting a teamate, a gang rape, and selling dope are not technically against NCAA rules (but are highly discouraged).

to my understanding, what about this living arrangement is unavailable to a non student athlete? Nothing...therefore it is NOT a violation.

okienole3
4/30/2006, 05:00 PM
to my understanding, what about this living arrangement is unavailable to a non student athlete? Nothing...therefore it is NOT a violation.

Kind of what I thought?

IronSooner
4/30/2006, 05:00 PM

Doesn't seem like it would be to me either. I don't see how Leinart's dad paying part of Jarrett's rent would make any difference in anything. Then again these are NCAA rules...

OUAndy1807
4/30/2006, 05:33 PM
well, I'm going to get apartments for all of the football players at OU because technically, someone COULD rent an apartment for anyone, not just an athlete

Scott D
4/30/2006, 05:35 PM
well, I'm going to get apartments for all of the football players at OU because technically, someone COULD rent an apartment for anyone, not just an athlete

just make sure to get apartments for an equal number of regular students so that you meet with NCAA compliance.

OUGreg723
4/30/2006, 05:36 PM
THIS IS CRAZY

fadada1
4/30/2006, 05:43 PM
if leinart's dad has donated ANY money to usc, spoke on their behalf in ANY way, and the like - he is considered a "friend of the program". and friends of the program are not allowed to pay for an athlete's rent (unless they are the parent). my guess is that the rental agreement did not stipulate that jarret only had to pay for 10% (or whatever) of the rent. honestly, this is a pretty big "NO NO".

RADsooner
4/30/2006, 06:58 PM
Lack of Institutional control.

Soonerman08
4/30/2006, 08:42 PM
Lack of Institutional control.

I hope they get slapped with all sorts of infractions....they are a disgrace to college football. Heck they deserve to have their AP and BCS title's revoked.

SoonerMo
4/30/2006, 08:44 PM
From the NCAA bylaws:

13.2.2 Specific Prohibitions

Specifically prohibited financial aid, benefits and arrangements include, but are not limited to, the following:

(h) Free or reduced-cost housing;

If Jarrett is getting equal use of the apartment, he owes an equal share of the rent. His share would be $1933. Looks like he's $1283 per month short.

It IS a violation.

All_Day_28
4/30/2006, 08:45 PM
Give 'em the death penalty... WHO'S WITH ME??

OUstud
4/30/2006, 09:22 PM
Death to Condoms!

AlbqSooner
4/30/2006, 10:13 PM
Death to Condoms!
If it werent for AIDS, I would agree, now that I have had a vasectomy.

Dio
5/1/2006, 08:29 AM
University of Spolied Cheaters

Jason White's Third Knee
5/1/2006, 08:46 AM

It's dumb because there is no grey area in the NCAA. The NCAA quit using their brains years ago. Their reasoning? Well, Matt and Dwayne needed winter coats (I know they live in LA. Work with me here.) so Matt's dad went out and got them a couple of jackets. They were $5000 mink jackets. Dwayne is going to pay him back though.

What is so different about that than getting them a fancy apartment? Food, shelter, clothing... hookers... bling... it's a slippery slope and the NCAA would actually have to THINK. Dear God, NO!

Desert Sapper
5/1/2006, 09:13 AM
It's dumb because there is no grey area in the NCAA. The NCAA quit using their brains years ago. Their reasoning? Well, Matt and Dwayne needed winter coats (I know they live in LA. Work with me here.) so Matt's dad went out and got them a couple of jackets. They were $5000 mink jackets. Dwayne is going to pay him back though.

What is so different about that than getting them a fancy apartment? Food, shelter, clothing... hookers... bling... it's a slippery slope and the NCAA would actually have to THINK. Dear God, NO!

I agree wholeheartedly. Anytime I see the NC Double A**hats go balls deep in some program's pooper (even if said bunghole belongs to the University of South Central Condoms) it makes me sick to my stomach. What they did to SMU is inexcusable. What they did to us pales in comparison, but is still sickening.

Let's just say you have the money to get your kid an apartment so he can get away from the media hounds (keep in mind I absolutely loathe Leinfart, so bear with me). Why should the National Communists Against Athletes be able to regulate what you do with your own kin (or who they allow to stay in the same apartment with them -- regardless of the same gender implications)? I've got to say that parents of non-athletes do the same thing in college campuses across the country. The only relevance to Leinart or Jarrett's amateur athlete status this has is that the media was too into suc. The paperazzi were pasting images of the cross-eyed fatbody all over the place. If I were him, I would want to stay the hell away, too. Whether he has a roommate or not should be irrelevant.

Excuse my earlier references, but the NCAA Salem Witch Trial/McCarthy Hearings have begun now, and they won't stop until something is burning. I hate suc, and want to see them go down as much as the next guy, but the line has to be drawn at some point. This only has relevance to the 'lack of institutional control' claim because the fire is already lit.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/1/2006, 11:02 AM
i have NO idea why you guys are so upset. this stuff is completely insignificant. now if they made too many phone calls to recruits, they need to be punished for that.

what's wrong with you guys? can't you all see that?

DeadSolidPerfect
5/1/2006, 03:30 PM
Where are all suc's Hollywood pals now?

OUstudent4life
5/1/2006, 03:37 PM
USC never sued the NCAA, therefore no action will be taken.

Q.E.D.

:D

jackietreehorn
5/2/2006, 02:05 AM
let's just ban them from bowls for 5 years. i would consider forgetting about the whole thing. now that's fair right?