PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anybody that knows anybody...

Mongo
4/30/2006, 03:10 PM
That has labs for sale? preferably yellow/white. Boss, my lab, is suffering for female companionship.

crawfish
4/30/2006, 03:10 PM
1TC knows somebody who knows somebody.

Or so I'm told.

LilSooner
4/30/2006, 03:11 PM
Look at the pounds and online. You can get a purebred that someone couldn't/didn't want to take care of.

Skysooner
4/30/2006, 03:12 PM
Depends on what you do with your labs. If you want pedigree, I can hook you up with someone that definitely knows people. He probably even knows people that will sell them for pets. Lil has good advice though. Labs are expensive to keep and there are always people dumping them and giving them to pounds.

Mongo
4/30/2006, 03:15 PM
I was looking for a full blood AKC, for a pet and for recreation/release for my male.

Skysooner
4/30/2006, 09:41 PM
I could check with my dad and see if he knows someone. There are always people selling pups.

Mongo
4/30/2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks

SoonerInKCMO
4/30/2006, 09:44 PM
I was looking for a full blood AKC, for a pet and for recreation/release for my male.

If you neutered the male, that wouldn't be a problem.

Mongo
4/30/2006, 09:47 PM
I'm thinking of breeding him, thats why he still has his dangles

BajaOklahoma
4/30/2006, 10:38 PM
Don't breed your dog. There are hundreds of people breeding labs because they are wonderful dogs. But many people get one and aren't prepared for dealing with a large dog. Just check out the local pound pound, rescue group or petfinder.com
Get your dog fixed and he will be a calmer dog.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2006, 10:53 PM
i agree with Baja....labs (and retrievers) are prone to hip problems, and a few others....leave the breeding to the professionals, the ones who get hip certifications, and all the other wacky stuff they do.....alot of dogs bred this way end up in the country or at shelters

neuter your dog and get him a playmate at a rescue...check out a lab rescue website, if the pictures and stories dont change your mind....well, give it a shot! :)

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 11:55 PM
I get mine at the dog dump :cool:

Mongo
5/1/2006, 12:07 AM
I would only breed once, maybe twice. My family loves labs since I got Boss, it is more of a family getting a free lab project. Plus I love labs and wouldnt mind having another around the house

BajaOklahoma
5/1/2006, 04:16 AM
Labs have liters of 10-12 as a general rule. Two litters = 20 to 24. Is your family that big? Have you looked into the costs associated with breeding a dog, even if you own both parents? Are you familiar with the birth process for dogs? Do you have a vet available in the event something goes wrong? Are you aware of the care you will be required to give to the puppys for the first eight weeks? (Getting a puppy at 6 weeks deprives them of the opportunity to develop some of their social skills - responsible breeders don't let their puppies leave until 8 weeks)
Have you studied the breed? Is your current Lab show quality or pet quality? Is he certified on his hips? What is his family background?
We've had Goldens and OES for 30+ years. I do know the above about each of our dogs and in no way am I qualified to breed them. My dogs are fixed.

Okla-homey
5/1/2006, 06:19 AM
http://www.labrescue.net/

Osce0la
5/1/2006, 08:55 AM
1TC knows somebody who knows somebody.

Or so I'm told.
Yeah, but they can only get you into succ concerts and stuff...