PDA

View Full Version : NECE$$ITY I$ the MOTHER OF INVENTION$

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/30/2006, 11:27 AM
When there is true economic hardship, and oil reserves are ACTUALLY depleted, not ARTIFICIALLY, as they are now with regulations that hamper or prevent drilling in many locations, the market conditions will drive people to come up with a viable alternative energy.
God knows we haven't found it yet. Maybe it doesn't exist.(one that is both useful AND economically feasible)
Meanwhile, LET'S OPEN THE STOPS TO DRILLING AND REFINING, BABY!

soonerscuba
4/30/2006, 11:59 AM
This plan really thinks long term. For all of his many, many faults, I will give Bush credit for not typically being short sighted. I think he probably realizes that oil is not the future, and will try to get himself some glory. Also, I think it would be as politically wise as eating a baby for him to try to pave the road for oil companies to make even more money. In short, I wouldn't hold my breath.

4/30/2006, 12:06 PM
He can take the heat. He is amazingly resiliant. It's more about congressional obstructions than anything Bush has done, or could do. He HAS argued for more production, by the way.

soonerscuba
4/30/2006, 12:13 PM
He can take the heat. He is amazingly resiliant. It's more about congressional obstructions than anything Bush has done, or could do. He HAS argued for more production, by the way.

He also argued against gay marriage and going to the moon, if he has the midterms in his way, then no, he indeed cannot take the heat. And if by "amazingly resilient" you mean sitting at 34% and begging for congress to go to the Dems just for being "not Republican" then yes, yes he is.

dolemitesooner
4/30/2006, 12:19 PM
I shoutl neg ytou

4/30/2006, 01:33 PM
He also argued against gay marriage and going to the moon, if he has the midterms in his way, then no, he indeed cannot take the heat. And if by "amazingly resilient" you mean sitting at 34% and begging for congress to go to the Dems just for being "not Republican" then yes, yes he is.I think most of us understand that you don't like the president. That being said, LET'S OPEN UP SOME DRILLING IN AREAS WHERE OIL IS KNOWN TO BE, and that is currently off-limits for idiot reasons.

proud gonzo
4/30/2006, 01:41 PM
is your skull one of them? there'd be the added benefits of trepanation

critical_phil
4/30/2006, 01:59 PM
He is amazingly resiliant.

W couldn't even spell the word resilient....

50/50 on whether or not he could correctly pronounce it.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 02:33 PM
When there is true economic hardship, and oil reserves are ACTUALLY depleted, not ARTIFICIALLY, as they are now with regulations that hamper or prevent drilling in many locations, the market conditions will drive people to come up with a viable alternative energy.
God knows we haven't found it yet. Maybe it doesn't exist.(one that is both useful AND economically feasible)
Meanwhile, LET'S OPEN THE STOPS TO DRILLING AND REFINING, BABY!

if I could destroy your and doleo's ability to use the caps lock button, this forum would be a much quieter place.

4/30/2006, 03:28 PM
if I could destroy your and doleo's ability to use the caps lock button, this forum would be a much quieter place.This is a quiet Sunday afternoon, and needs alittle cage-rattlin'.

4/30/2006, 03:33 PM
is your skull one of them? there'd be the added benefits of trepanationWhat do you remember about your pre-lobotomy daze?

bri
4/30/2006, 03:36 PM
Oh man, if he's gonna try and start a battle of wits against gonzo, I'm making popcorn...:D

proud gonzo
4/30/2006, 07:23 PM
while you're at it, go find a land war in Asia for him to get involved in ;)

StoopTroup
4/30/2006, 09:37 PM
Did someone go to bed?

AlbqSooner
4/30/2006, 10:25 PM
Actually, the Mothers of Invention was Frank Zappa's band. Without Google there are a bunch of posters here who would be wondering who Frank Zappa is.
To save your Google time, he is the father of Moonbeam and Dweezil.

bri
4/30/2006, 10:27 PM
To save your Google time, he is the father of Moon Unit and Dweezil.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Ike
4/30/2006, 10:47 PM
Well right about that time, people,
A fur trapper
Who was strictly from commercial
(Strictly Commercial)
Had the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind my iga-loo
(Peek-a-Boo Woo-ooo-ooo)
And he started in to whippin' on my fav'rite baby seal
With a lead-filled snow shoe . . .
I said:
With a lead
LEAD
Filled
LEAD-FILLED
A lead-filled snow shoe
SNOW SHOE
He said Peak-a-boo
PEEK-A-BOO
With a lead
LEAD
Filled
LEAD-FILLED
With a lead-filled snow shoe
SNOW SHOE
He said Peak-a-boo.
PEEK-A-BOO
He went right up side the head of my favourite baby seal
He went WHAP!
With a lead-filled snow shoe
An' he hit him on the nose 'n he hit him on fin 'n he . . .

That got me just about as evil
As an Eskimo boy can be . . . so I bent down 'n I reached down 'n I scooped down
An' I gathered up a generous mitten full of the deadly . . .
YELLOW SNOW
The deadly Yellow Snow from right there where the huskies go
Whereupon I proceeded to take that mitten full
Of the deadly Yellow Snow Crystals
And rub it all into his beady little eyes
With a vigorous circular motion
Hitherto unknown to the people on this area,
But destined to take the place of THE MUD SHARK
In your mythology
Here it goes now . . .
THE CIRCULAR MOTION . . . (rub it) . . .

And then, in a fit of anger, I . . .
I pounced
And I pounced again
GREAT GOOGLY-MOOGLY
I jumped up 'n down the chest of the . . .
I injured the fur trapper
Well, he was very upset, as you can understand
And rightly so
Because
The deadly Yellow Snow Crystals
Had deprived him of his sight
And he stood up
And he looked around
And he said:
I CAN'T SEE
(DO . . . DO DO-DO DO DO DO . . . YEAH!)
I CAN'T SEE
OH WOE IS ME
I CAN'T SEE
(DO . . . DO DO-DO DO DO DO . . . WELL!)
NO NO
I CAN'T SEE
NO . . . I . . .
He took a dog-doo sno-cone
An' stuffed it in my right eye
He took a dog-doo sno-cone
An' stuffed it in my other eye
An' the huskie wee-wee,
I mean the doggie wee-wee
Has blinded me
An' I can't see
Temporarily
Well the fur trapper
Stood there
With his arms outstretched
Across the frozen white wasteland
Trying to figure out what he's gonna do
About his deflicted eyes
And it was at that precise moment that he remembered
An ancient Eskimo legend
Wherein it is written
On whatever it is that they write it on up there
That if anything bad ever happens to your eyes
As a result of some sort of conflict
With anyone named Nanook
The only way you can get it fixed up
Is to go trudgin' across the tundra . . .
Mile after mile
Trudgin' across the tundra . . .
Right down to the parish of Saint Alfonzo . . .

Boarder
4/30/2006, 10:50 PM
Fixed it for you. ;)
Blast you fast typer person!

Anyone with MTV years ago should know that one.

5/1/2006, 12:36 AM
OK let's just continue to be slaves to OPEC. We'll do just fine, continuing to go down that path.

bri
5/1/2006, 12:43 AM
Yeah, 'cause your evil genius plan of "let's just dick around and wait until we REALLY start to run out of oil" is a world-beater...

Half a Hundred
5/1/2006, 12:54 AM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5622/originalwereonlyinitforthemo9q.th.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=originalwereonlyinitforthemo9q.jpg)

My favorite parody album cover EVAR

5/1/2006, 12:55 AM
Yeah, 'cause your evil genius plan of "let's just dick around and wait until we REALLY start to run out of oil" is a world-beater...What do you mean by "wait til we really start to run out of oil?" I'm just saying let the oil producers do their jobs, domestically. I'm all for trying to find other types of energy, too. But not for preventing the access to the energy we can find and produce economically.

proud gonzo
5/1/2006, 06:43 AM
maybe we should follow the underpants gnome business plan, too. it sounds REALLY productive.

AlbqSooner
5/1/2006, 07:03 AM
Blast you fast typer person!

Anyone with MTV years ago should know that one.
Thanks bri and Boarder. I had MTV years ago and I did know that one. But I also had a lot of pot years ago so I forgot that one.

proud gonzo
5/1/2006, 07:11 AM
or anyone who caught and remembered the joke in Austin Powers.

bri
5/1/2006, 08:30 AM
What do you mean by "wait til we really start to run out of oil?" I'm just saying let the oil producers do their jobs, domestically. I'm all for trying to find other types of energy, too. But not for preventing the access to the energy we can find and produce economically.

What I mean is that in the post that started this useless auxilliary thread, you opined that once oil reserves start to truly run out, THEN we'll develop viable alternatives due to necessity...which is so short-sighted, it's almost backwards-looking.

proud gonzo
5/1/2006, 09:51 AM
but dude, he's totally right! It's like Armageddon--you have to wait until the asteroid is headed for earth and THEN figure out a way to fix it, and everything will turn out okay (except that Ben Affleck doesn't die) because we have Bruce Willis.
It's the perfect plan because Michael Bay said so and Michael Bay is GOD.

5/1/2006, 10:58 AM
What I mean is that in the post that started this useless auxilliary thread, you opined that once oil reserves start to truly run out, THEN we'll develop viable alternatives due to necessity...which is so short-sighted, it's almost backwards-looking.The quote that is the title of this thread is famous due to the truth that it describes.
I would be as happy as you to see a viable, economical new energy source discovered tomorrow, but we can develop petroleum reserves, so LET'S DO IT, CONGRESS!

Scott D
5/1/2006, 11:17 AM
what happened to this battle of wits....I was ready with a bag of popcorn.

5/1/2006, 11:32 AM
what happened to this battle of wits....I was ready with a bag of popcorn.Don't blame me. She came after me with a drill. I was just defending myself.

OUstudent4life
5/1/2006, 12:01 PM
i thought laziness was the mother of invention, hence the remote control.

5/1/2006, 12:37 PM
Limbaugh discussing this problem, right now (approx. 11:40AM).

proud gonzo
5/1/2006, 01:02 PM
what happened to this battle of wits....I was ready with a bag of popcorn.

he doesn't have any and had to forfeit ;)

5/1/2006, 01:14 PM
he doesn't have any and had to forfeit ;)All of my wits are nits.

Scott D
5/1/2006, 01:29 PM
All of my wits are nits.

I'll drink to that :D