PDA

View Full Version : Dog Owners

soonerbrat
4/30/2006, 07:52 AM
are you one of those people that puts your dog out at 5am on a sunday and lets it bark nonstop for hours and hours? Or any day of the week at any timefor that matter? if you are, i don't like you.

OUHOMER
4/30/2006, 08:08 AM
Yea, it seems to make the cat loving next door neighbors move ;)

soonerbrat
4/30/2006, 08:11 AM
yeah, well i'm sure it bothers ALL your neighbors not just the cat loving ones.

bastage.

If my neighbor's dog doesn't stop barking soon, I'm gonna go tie it's mouth shut.

OUHOMER
4/30/2006, 08:23 AM
Look here’s how you get even, just before you move out. Throw the dog a steak stuffed and smeared with exlax just before bed time...

soonerbrat
4/30/2006, 08:27 AM
i'd rather give that to the owners, don't wanna hurt the dog.

i'm just gonna give him a peanut butter sandwich. that'll keep him busy for a while

OUHOMER
4/30/2006, 08:36 AM
well, i guess you got an early start today on packing up.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 08:43 AM
i've got one those dogs up the alley from me. perioidcally, it will just bark for hours. his owner is a big time knucklehead, so i try and not blame the dog.

but it IS annoying at night.

sooneron
4/30/2006, 09:08 AM
My dog rarely barks, unless he means it. That's how he rolls.

soonerbrat
4/30/2006, 09:13 AM
the dog next door to me now isn't nearly as bad as where i used to live. there was a schnauzer there that barked - and i'm not exaggerating when i say this - nonstop. Seriously. there weren't even 2 seconds between each bark EVAR. and they would put that dog outside at like 6am every day, even on weekends and leave it out all day long. I could hear it over my television. I sleep with a fan on too to drown out sounds and I could still hear it. I would go knock on their door and no one would ever answer. I had to call animal control a few times.

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 09:13 AM
mine sleeps as long as I do (we JUST got up) and now he's laying in his bed in front of the back door soaking up the sunshine. no barking.

soonerbrat
4/30/2006, 09:14 AM
good dog.
and i'm sure if he was barking you'd bring him in, right?

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 09:14 AM
the dog next door to me now isn't nearly as bad as where i used to live. there was a schnauzer there that barked - and i'm not exaggerating when i say this - nonstop. Seriously. there weren't even 2 seconds between each bark EVAR. and they would put that dog outside at like 6am every day, even on weekends and leave it out all day long. I could hear it over my television. I sleep with a fan on too to drown out sounds and I could still hear it. I would go knock on their door and no one would ever answer. I had to call animal control a few times.

I had a neighbor that did that.....and the dog was a CORGI. most annoying shreek of a bark EVAR.

TopDaugIn2000
4/30/2006, 09:17 AM
good dog.
and i'm sure if he was barking you'd bring him in, right?
yes, but he's inside right now.

there are dogs on ALL sides of me. a shelti on one side, 2 pugs in the back, and a long haired chihuahua on the other side. they stay out most of the day, so when he goes out they bark at him and he LOVES to bark back. that's why I don't keep him out much, only to do his business and 'sun'.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 09:19 AM
My dog rarely barks, unless he means it. That's how he rolls.

I got to admit, your dog looks pretty intimidating.

BajaOklahoma
4/30/2006, 09:39 AM
My dogs are house dogs. It gets too hot in the summer for the OES to be outside down here - maybe if we lived in Canada they would be okay.

When I let the dogs out at night, I flip the patio light off once and they know it is time to come back inside - though 2 of the 3 are already standing at the door waiting.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 09:52 AM
my dog only barks at me or if someone comes to the door. my other dog doesn't bark unless he sees another dog.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 11:06 AM
see, some dogs are smart and talkers....so they bark. that's all they can do. some dogs have asshats for owners so they bark with anger at anything new or different.

and they have in them the prejudices of their owners. they pick up on it.

dolemitesooner
4/30/2006, 11:56 AM
Brat ....just go next door and tell the neighbors that it is bothering you. Ask them if they will buy a bark collar for him or her. If they get angree with just say sorry to bother you then leave. Then when they leave if they leave the dog outside go over there and beat the **** out of it. if he barks beat him some more. Do this until barking is done.

Problem solved

Mongo
4/30/2006, 12:21 PM
Feed the dog tylenol PM stuffed inside something. Works like a charm. Or just fill its water bowl with antifreeze.

MamaMia
4/30/2006, 01:19 PM
are you one of those people that puts your dog out at 5am on a sunday and lets it bark nonstop for hours and hours? Or any day of the week at any timefor that matter? if you are, i don't like you.No. My dogs are very well behaved and sweet tempered unless someone comes on our property. They will playfully bark back at the neighbors dog a little bit here and there though. I suppose thats just their way of saying hello. :)

sooneron
4/30/2006, 01:53 PM
I got to admit, your dog looks pretty intimidating.
Yeah, it's prolly the poodle in him!

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1189/reillyshadesav2qo.jpg

:texan:

proud gonzo
4/30/2006, 02:35 PM
there's a dog next door that barks whenever i'm out in my yard. any time of the day or night.

I just bark back at him.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/30/2006, 02:38 PM
there's a dog next door that barks whenever i'm out in my yard. any time of the day or night.

I just bark back at him.

That reminds me of the time I took Death Spork for a walk past the grounds over at Griffin Memorial.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2006, 05:51 PM
Feed the dog tylenol PM stuffed inside something. Works like a charm. Or just fill its water bowl with antifreeze.

you'd get hurt bad if you were my neighbor

however, i dont leave my dogs out long enough to be a disturbance to others....

schnauzers are one of the yippiest breeds known to man

Mongo
4/30/2006, 05:55 PM
kidding about the antifreeze, I would not do that evar. But the tylenol PM will work, and it doesn't hurt the pooch.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2006, 06:02 PM
dont be a puss and drug a dog that doesnt belong to you, nut up and go talk to the owner

Mongo
4/30/2006, 06:07 PM
I've never done it to other peoples dogs, just mine. It was a suggestion as a joke. Get a sense of humor. And if your dog is barking, trust me, I have the b@lls to tell you.

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 06:11 PM
Knothead just opens the door and lets himself in then flops out on the couch, No problem . Untill last nite . The sumbeatch came in floped on the couch after going thru My shack . I look over and It wasnt my dog :eek:
well he was but he was covered in mud :mad: nose to tail . took me 4 hrs to clean him and his mess :mad:

StoopTroup
4/30/2006, 07:19 PM
Borrow someone's aggresive pitbull.

Go over to the neighbors and ask if it would be OK if your dog could maybe have a "playdate" with their dog. Let them know that you think it might help reduce the barking if they could just have some quality time together. :D

sooneron
4/30/2006, 09:09 PM
Uh oh, someone else tells jk to get a sense of humor...

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 09:11 PM
Uh oh, someone else tells jk to get a sense of humor...
Hard to figure huh :D

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 09:46 PM
kidding about the antifreeze, I would not do that evar. But the tylenol PM will work, and it doesn't hurt the pooch.

thats weird being since tylenol is deadly to dogs. Just give your own dog a benadryl.

Mongo
4/30/2006, 09:56 PM
Benadryl® Allergy & Sinus Headache Caplets® Maximum Strength containing Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Acetaminophen, and Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride

Tylenol® PM Extra Strength Caplets® containing Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Acetaminophen

Tylenol is just fine:)

Mongo
4/30/2006, 09:59 PM
thanks for the negs whomever did it

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 10:01 PM
Why would you give them tylenol if they don't need it. Just give them plain bendaryl.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2006, 10:04 PM
sorry, i dont typically joke about giving somebody elses dog drugs...whether they are harmful or not....and while you may have been joking, there are alot of people who actually take that kind of action....you know, harming a dog for doing what it naturally does.....bark

if you were joking, then great

no negs from me however - i'll say what i'm thinking here

Mongo
4/30/2006, 10:13 PM
Once Again, It's a joke, and once again, get a sense of humor

BTW- My dog is hammered!

I guess that is acceptable

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 10:14 PM
thats weird being since tylenol is deadly to dogs. Just give your own dog a benadryl.

I did some research. It is actually deadly to cats, not recommended for dogs, but if absolutely needed they will give it. Sorry I stand corrected. But I agree with J/K. I don't take that as a joke. If I were to find out anybody gave my dogs anything, they would be in serious danger.

Mongo
4/30/2006, 10:16 PM
I woulnt give anything to anybodies' dog

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 10:20 PM
well, you can give him treats, or a pet

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2006, 10:20 PM
i got that you were joking...some jokes are funny, some are not...

besides, i come from a long line of unfunny men.....

Mongo
4/30/2006, 10:22 PM
I treat my dogs as if they were my kids (dont have kids know, but one on the way) Trust me that I spoil the crap out of them

sanantoniosooner
i got that you were joking...some jokes are funny, some are not...

jk's not joking here.

Other than a Mandisa "fat bottom girl" joke, he's pretty much depressed me recently.

Mongo

It shows

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2006, 10:24 PM
sorry i've been to busy planning the meetings....us hyenas have a mission you know

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 10:25 PM
You and CVS need to share the responsibilities more evenly.

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 10:26 PM
with a name like JK you must be not funny;)

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 10:26 PM
sorry i've been to busy planning the meetings....us hyenas have a mission you know
And you never wake up us oldfarts to remind us :P

Mongo
4/30/2006, 10:33 PM
still no one is willing to sign the negs

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 10:35 PM
out of curiosity........would you leave a note on the dog if you gave them medicine?:D

Mongo
4/30/2006, 10:36 PM
My dog sees me giving it to him, so a note is not needed, I have done it twice.

Hey ds, stfu

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 10:38 PM
I just neged ya fer whining and signed it :P

Hublah
4/30/2006, 10:38 PM
I did some research. It is actually deadly to cats, not recommended for dogs, but if absolutely needed they will give it. Sorry I stand corrected. But I agree with J/K. I don't take that as a joke. If I were to find out anybody gave my dogs anything, they would be in serious danger.

so if its deadly for cats...mongo you ***** you better not take any!!! :)

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2006, 10:39 PM
one of our retrievers (jake) has really bad allergies...and the grass and fungus is making him miserable....we gave him benadryl tonite, and instead of making him drowsy, he's sorta all over the place......goofy dog, he gets in the pool when we're not looking - i think the water helps his allergies

Mongo
4/30/2006, 10:40 PM
thanks, not whining, just like to know who I cant joke with

mrssoonerhubler
so if its deadly for cats...mongo you ***** you better not take any!!! :)

ROTFLMAO!!!

Hublah
thanks, not whining, just like to know

I would HATE to see your whining if you dont call this whining!!

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 10:43 PM
He must have had like a bajillion neg speks. He's brought it up that many times

Ike
4/30/2006, 10:44 PM
I don't have a fenced yard, so my dog is only outside when I am outside.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 10:44 PM
thanks, not whining, just like to know who I cant joke with
Add various forms of the 'Hubler" name to your list.:D

soonerhubs
4/30/2006, 10:45 PM
Add various forms of the 'Hubler" name to your list.:D
HEH :D

Mongo
4/30/2006, 10:46 PM
Add various forms of the 'Hubler" name to your list

I figured that out quick, post a fact or two, they go nuts

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 10:46 PM
one of our retrievers (jake) has really bad allergies...and the grass and fungus is making him miserable....we gave him benadryl tonite, and instead of making him drowsy, he's sorta all over the place......goofy dog, he gets in the pool when we're not looking - i think the water helps his allergies
I gave Knothead a full scirpt of lorecet plus 2 yrs ago :eek:
Course that was while he was recuperating from gettin run over . it was either that or put him down and I kinda like the worthless mutt so I gave up my painpills to him .:)

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 10:48 PM
:D they're insane in the membrane.

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 10:52 PM

Somebody hand him a shovel. He just keeps Diggin'!:P

soonerhubs
4/30/2006, 10:53 PM
I gave Knothead a full scirpt of lorecet plus 2 yrs ago :eek:
Course that was while he was recuperating from gettin run over . it was either that or put him down and I kinda like the worthless mutt so I gave up my painpills to him .:)
How did he fare? Well I hope.

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 10:55 PM
our basset had an anaphylactic reaction to his rabies shot. He almost died. They had to give him epinephrine twice. He quit breathing and everything. It was sooo scarey. The vet has also said to give him benadryl and eye drops for his allergies. He thinks he is allergic to the other dog :)

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 11:01 PM
How did he fare? Well I hope.
full recovery :) cept for about 2 acres of hair . His left side is dayum near hairless , it aint growin back , But he runs and jumps and still chases trailers . the idiot :eek:

Mongo
4/30/2006, 11:01 PM
The vet has also said to give him tylenol and eye drops for his allergies. He thinks he is allergic to the other dog

fixed

olevetonahill
4/30/2006, 11:03 PM
Somebody hand him a shovel. He just keeps Diggin'!:P
and hes still green :eek:
Mongo, learn to use the smiley icons :P

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 11:05 PM
The vet has also said to neuter the other dog named mongo :)

there we go

Mongo
4/30/2006, 11:05 PM
Sorry people, still new at the game, no hard feelin's towards anyone:O :)
:D

Mongo
4/30/2006, 11:07 PM
Neg me all you want, but I'll danged if you talk about my testicles in a harsh matter.:D

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 11:07 PM
We understand. It's happened to everyone. We all have done Newb things.

mrssoonerhubler
4/30/2006, 11:08 PM
There you go...good smiley

Mongo
4/30/2006, 11:28 PM
Thank God this thread is over.
Note to self: no dog mickey jokes, or question spek :)

soonerhubs
4/30/2006, 11:31 PM
Thank God this thread is over.
Note to self: no dog mickey jokes, or question spek :)
It's okay to joke about Polygamy and MOrmons though. :) I know I know, we don't practice polygamy, but a guy can still joke about it though.

IB4OU2
5/1/2006, 09:20 AM
The dang coyotes keep me awake at night.... how do you stop that?

TopDaugIn2000
5/1/2006, 09:26 AM
The dang coyotes keep me awake at night.... had do you stop that?

http://www.shortmags.org/shortmags/gallery/270wsman_coyote.JPG

Mongo
5/1/2006, 09:27 AM
Exactly TD2K, I didn't want to bring that up!!! :D

colleyvillesooner
5/1/2006, 09:28 AM
You and CVS need to share the responsibilities more evenly.

heh.

IB4OU2
5/1/2006, 09:30 AM
http://www.shortmags.org/shortmags/gallery/270wsman_coyote.JPG

TD, I'm a good shot but taking one in the dark at 1,000 or more yards is beyond my talent.

TopDaugIn2000
5/1/2006, 09:31 AM
TD, I'm a good shot but taking one in the dark at 1,000 or more yards is beyond my talent.

amateur ;)