PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Alabama and Auburn on their split 2004 National Title

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/30/2006, 01:20 AM
I call shenanigans on Reggie Bush and radioactively award them both a share of the title for the 2004 season.

Flagstaffsooner
4/30/2006, 01:26 AM
Dont play with matches when the gas can is open.;)

BajaOklahoma
4/30/2006, 08:32 AM
Disagree with you Beano. :eek: Neither Bama or the Burners were on the field during the Orange Bowl, so they can't claim it.

That doesn't mean they won't claim it, they just can't.

soonercody
4/30/2006, 08:35 AM
'Bama can claim anything they want. They always have.
It turns out Auburn deserves it. Too bad because USC was the best team and Reggie B and his peeps tainted an otherwise great season for them.

As long as your in a giving mood Beano, Notre Dame should probably get part of that title too. Just trying to save you a little time.

suncoastsooner7
4/30/2006, 08:52 AM
'Bama can claim anything they want. They always have.
It turns out Auburn deserves it. Too bad because USC was the best team and Reggie B and his peeps tainted an otherwise great season for them.

As long as your in a giving mood Beano, Notre Dame should probably get part of that title too. Just trying to save you a little time.

No Auburn does not deserve the national title game. There isn't a person alive who didn't watch the Sugar Bowl that year who can say that Virginia Tech did not beat them. Va.Tech got jobbed in that game and the only reason half the country wasn't in an uproar about it was that the game was anti-climatic with the Orange Bowl looming.

There isn't an Auburn game I haven't been force fed in 6 years now, :mad: the Sugar Bowl was no exception. I received some of the saddest glances from fellow Sooners that night at the bar and grill in Miami. It was like they could all feel my pain. It was eerily silent as well, almost as though everyone in the bar was thinking the same thing, OU and USC fan alike... "That Blonde is going to die if she doesn't STFU". Luckily they are only that good in Texass time tables so I won't have to worry about another conflicting season like that until I am collecting Social Security.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/30/2006, 11:49 AM
And why would Alabama be considered for MNC for the '04 season?

Flagstaffsooner
4/30/2006, 11:54 AM
And why would notre gawd damned dame?

goingoneight
4/30/2006, 11:56 AM
really, did they even go to a BCS Bowl? Last I heard Alabama Aggie and Utah, I think it was, were undefeated alongside SUC.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 12:16 PM
And why would Alabama be considered for MNC for the '04 season?
because they win it most years.

Have you not seen their trophy cabinet?

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2006, 12:17 PM
dang we got some slow wits in here.

Bama claims about 30 titles more than they've won.

bri
4/30/2006, 01:08 PM
Don't forget Michigan.

Congrats, Big Blue!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/30/2006, 04:04 PM
dang we got some slow wits in here.

Bama claims about 30 titles more than they've won.I got bamboozled by him mixing in a legitimate contender with 'Bama. Fooled me good.

Sooner Among The Pack
4/30/2006, 04:09 PM
Half-Peat for SC. W00t!

OUAndy1807
4/30/2006, 05:36 PM
sf.com has some dummies.

OUinFLA
4/30/2006, 07:18 PM
I resemble that remark