View Full Version : Minutemen wackos shooting mesicans for fun

Jerk
4/30/2006, 12:31 AM
Just kidding!

Vigilantism by Minutemen Revealed

ACLU Report Questioned

by Alan Korwin
Bloomfield Press

I'm back from two days at the Arizona border with the Minutemen, and there is no vigilantism evident anywhere. None. Observe and
report -- that's all they do.

With thousands of people from around the world illegally sneaking into America from Mexico every day, all these people do is watch!

News reports of vigilantes operating on the border are not backed up by any charges or arrests. The ACLU's recent national report
that Minutemen are present to "interdict illegals" is not supported by any activity observed by authorities. The ACLU has not
responded to my requests for a correction or clarification.

The Minutemen have exercised the right to assemble, on land they can legally stand upon, and when they observe illegals making
entry, they talk into cell phones to the special contact numbers the Border Patrol gives them.

It is a pure exercise of the First Amendment. Assemble, and speak. It's all part of a redress of grievances. The ACLU, normally
vigorous in defense of the First Amendment, seems to have dropped the ball on this one.

The fact that some volunteers have legally armed themselves in these dangerous neighborhoods has upset many hoplophobes (people with
morbid fear of weapons), including numerous reporters I've met. Otherwise it seems quite rational (and irrelevant to the central
story of massive illegal immigration). Official Minuteman policy requires that sidearms remain holstered at all times.

The Minutemen have a 100% no-contact rule -- no waving, no talking, no contact of any kind. If illegals approach you, you must
abandon your beach chair and leave (but they will provide water if they find people incapacitated by desert heat, rolling video
cameras for protection from false claims, while awaiting Border Patrol agents; Minutemen have been credited with the rescue of more
than 200 people in distress and, sadly, discovery of several dozen who died attempting illegal entry.)

President Bush and the Dept. of Homeland Security have asked Americans for vigilance, and to report suspicious activity. That's what
these volunteers are doing. Their stated goal of alerting America to the scope of the problem appears to be working.

Why do so many people believe Minutemen are detaining and capturing illegals? Simple. It's the portrayal they see and hear from
nearly every mainstream "news" outlet. It is flat wrong, defies the evidence, contradicts the published policies, and yet it
continues.

The biggest threat to this country may be gross inaccuracies or slants routinely portrayed as factual by "news" outlets. Are the
majority abiding by the official SPJ Code of Ethics? No. Do they correct their errors? No. Do some people take this as a credibility
problem? Yes.

It's not what the public doesn't know that hurts us. It's what they know that isn't so, and our own Fourth Estate is a root cause.
It desperately needs fixing. Evidence shows the Minutemen are good neighbors, not vigilantes as the media casts them. Changing
anchors at a network, or jazzing up the graphics won't do it. We need ethical, honest behavior by reporters and editors, and we're
not getting it.

Sincerely,

Alan Korwin, Co-Author
Supreme Court Gun Cases

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:34 AM
You know...I really would be a good 'Dictator for Life' for this country.

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2006, 12:44 AM

We actually did this as a class exercise once. We had to write a paper detailing what we would do as dictator and had to give explanations for our actions and the probable cause and effect on society of our actions.

This could actually be a bit of a fun exercise to talk about what we'd do as dictator, so I'm going to start a thread on it.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 12:45 AM

Dictators tend to be replaced from time to time, and they usually don't get a nice retirement with benefits.

http://www.morticom.com/celebritydeathmussolini10.jpg
"God, if you're there, strike me dead"

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:45 AM
go for it...I'm ruthless :D

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:46 AM
Dictators tend to be replaced from time to time, and they usually don't get a nice retirement with benefits.

http://www.morticom.com/celebritydeathmussolini10.jpg

mussolini was a p****y :D That's why Alessandro Del Piero has him for an idol..pansy *** italian soccer playing bastard that he is.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 12:48 AM
mussolini was a p****y :D That's why Alessandro Del Piero has him for an idol..pansy *** italian soccer playing bastard that he is.

I can't imagine him being anyone's idol.

Did you hear his grandaughter is in teh Italian parlaiment now?

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:58 AM
I can't imagine him being anyone's idol.

Did you hear his grandaughter is in teh Italian parlaiment now?

actually I had the wrong player it's Paolo Di Canio

Di Canio has had a chequered career, in which time he has won many honours and been selected for his national team, but also been the centre of much controversy, such as assaulting a referee during a game and has recently made Fascist salutes to celebrate his team winning last Rome derby against arch-rivals Roma. As he repeated the gesture in the matches against Livorno (whose supporters are markedly communist) and Juventus in December 2005, he was suspended for one game by the Italian Football Federation and fined 10,000 Euros. He is known to be outspoken and passionate, and is famous for his on- and off-field flair. Also he is known to have been part of the Ultras neo-Nazi fan group (Lazio's Irriducibili) in his youth and even travelled with the group to away matches, which is quite uncommon among professional football players.

After criticism from most politicians for his fascist gestures, he stated: "I will always salute as I did yesterday because it gives me a sense of belonging to my people." Di Canio also has a tattoo on his arm which reads "DVX", which is the Latin appellative used for former Italian dictator Benito Mussolini, Duce. Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, owner of AC Milan, stated that the salute "did not have any significance" and described the player as 'an exhibitionist but a good lad'. His own team, Lazio, attempted to distance themselves from his actions, claiming that they rejected any "politicisation" of football. Di Canio initially refused to apologize for his actions and claimed that he did not intend to make a political statement. He insists that he is free to communicate with his fans in the manner of his choosing, although Italian law considers Fascist propaganda a crime. Recently, Di Canio has amended his earlier remarks now claiming to the Italian news agency ANSA that "I'm a fascist, not a racist... The salute is aimed at my people. With the straight arm I don't want to incite violence and certainly not racial hatred." He later denied ever having made that comment which was attributed to his lawyer. Later yet, Di Canio agreed to stop using this controversial gesture, in order to avoid any problem this might cause to Lazio.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/60/Braccioteso.jpg/180px-Braccioteso.jpg

SicEmBaylor
4/30/2006, 01:17 AM
Pinochet is my honest to god favorite dictator. I admire many things about the guy. Not saying I'd want him running the good old US of A but for S. American despot he was top notch.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/30/2006, 01:21 AM
Pinochet is my honest to god favorite dictator. I admire many things about the guy. Not saying I'd want him running the good old US of A but for S. American despot he was top notch.There was a dictator in Paraguay in the mid 19th century, who fancied himself a great military leader(don't remember his name). He went to war with both Brazil and Argentina, if I remember right. Nearly killed off the entire male population of Paraguay.

KaiserSooner
4/30/2006, 03:15 AM
We actually did this as a class exercise once. We had to write a paper detailing what we would do as dictator and had to give explanations for our actions and the probable cause and effect on society of our actions.

This could actually be a bit of a fun exercise to talk about what we'd do as dictator, so I'm going to start a thread on it.

Damn. I wish I could've written a paper on this. I'll ahve to respond to your thread when I'm not loaded with so much rum and tequila.

KaiserSooner
4/30/2006, 03:18 AM
Pinochet is my honest to god favorite dictator. I admire many things about the guy. Not saying I'd want him running the good old US of A but for S. American despot he was top notch.

Never. I'll go with Allende, and twice on Sundays. At least he was elected.

Actually, the current Chilean president (Michelle Bachelet), who, unlike Pinochet, was freely actually elected by the people, is a protege of Salvador Allende.