PDA

View Full Version : Dream Interpreters - Help Me On This One

VeeJay
4/29/2006, 10:23 PM
I dreamt my MIL was climbing a tree, chasing a Florida panther, which are nearly extinct. MIL had broken off a limb from the tree and was swatting at the panther. She was doing a hell of a job shimmying up the tree for a 53 year old probation officer.

The panther came down and started chasing my six year old daughter. I told my daughter to run, then I got the panther's attention and it came after me and started biting my arm. I was trying to pet it like I would a friendly dog, trying to calm him down, and he bit into my arm harder. I thought, I gotta do something here. I was getting ready to kick him in the nuts, then I woke up.

That's all.

reevie
4/29/2006, 10:27 PM
I don't recall Freud having any MIL theories

Flagstaffsooner
4/29/2006, 10:27 PM
Your MIL is Keith Richards.

sanantoniosooner
4/29/2006, 10:28 PM
Clearly you've got a thing for Stanley.

Jimminy Crimson
4/29/2006, 10:34 PM
Latent homosexuality.

Oh, and you're gonna die.

;)

VeeJay
4/29/2006, 10:40 PM
Heh!

Big Red Ron
4/29/2006, 10:47 PM
Your wife is the nearly extinct panther. ;)

walkoffsooner
4/29/2006, 11:02 PM
Did you see his nuts at the same exact time you were trying to pet him?

StoopTroup
4/29/2006, 11:19 PM
Your Wife is da panfer an your en danger. ;)

http://www.geocities.com/kdelran/b_pantherfubar.jpg

soonercody
4/29/2006, 11:46 PM
Themes of helplessness here. Dads commonly dream of defending their children and moms commonly worry about catching a terminal illness and not being there for their children. The panther and MIL make good parallel symbols for the older (going extinct) generation. Does you MIL spoil her too much or cause you to worry for some reason that she will undermine you as a parent?

VeeJay
4/30/2006, 12:06 AM
Yes, my MIL does spoil her a little bit, I guess. But that doesn't bother me, and I'm not concerned at all about anyone undermining me as a parent.

Or am I?

COME ON, MAN! QUIT SCREWING WITH ME! I WASN'T SERIOUS!

soonercody
4/30/2006, 12:11 AM
Hmmm. Concerns of persecution by strangers. I see.
Also minimizing your symptoms after making yourself vulnerable.
Vedddy Intedesteeenk.

Sooner24
4/30/2006, 12:22 AM
These guys weren't in the dream were they?

http://www.gridskipper.com/travel/102805.2.jpg

Sooner24
4/30/2006, 12:23 AM
Were there any midgets or three legged dogs in this dream?

Sooner24
4/30/2006, 12:24 AM
We will get to the bottom of this thing. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/30/2006, 12:30 AM
You got deep worries. Maybe that Michael Brown lost his job as FEMA director after Hurricane Katrina, and possibly Global Warming.

soonercody
4/30/2006, 12:35 AM
Lemme get this straight. The dream-panther is gnawing on your arm and you then dream-pet it to try to soothe the dream-beast? And plan B is a swift kick to the cajones?

[Al Sharpton Voice]The oedipal symbolism here is too blatant to be latent.[Al Sharpton Voice]

VeeJay
4/30/2006, 12:43 AM
These guys weren't in the dream were they?

http://www.gridskipper.com/travel/102805.2.jpg

Negative.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:45 AM
My interpretation is that you got issues mang...maybe the panther signifies letter writing tart. Were you planning any landscaping ventures without her permissiong again? :D

VeeJay
4/30/2006, 12:48 AM
Lemme get this straight. The dream-panther is gnawing on your arm and you then dream-pet it to try to soothe the dream-beast? And plan B is a swift kick to the cajones?

[Al Sharpton Voice]The oedipal symbolism here is too blatant to be latent.[Al Sharpton Voice]

Yes - that is correct. I tried to be nice and it didn't work, so I employed brute force, or intended to, then I woke up. It's sort of "the hell with it" theory.

It's a kick to the cajones or my arm gets chewed off.

VeeJay
4/30/2006, 12:52 AM
My interpretation is that you got issues mang...maybe the panther signifies letter writing tart. Were you planning any landscaping ventures without her permissiong again? :D

Heh. Lady Asshat has been out of sight and out of mind, since my neighbor blasted her with his response about raw sewage backing up in her house if it weren't for us cutting the trees.

Barely two months after Lady Asshat's tete a tete, Hurricane Wilma came through here and demolished all the friggin trees anyway. After Wilma exited, we all walked down the street toward her house and admired the huge limbs that had crashed into her house.