PDA

View Full Version : so much for this being an off year for Sooners in the draft!

oumartin
4/29/2006, 08:14 PM
5 taken in the first three rounds is alot better than most thought.. had Stoops not screwed Kejuan it would have been more ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2006, 08:21 PM
po kejaun...Maybe he has that same curse on him that Marcus Vick claims is on him

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2006, 08:21 PM
Could end up with 7 or 8 maybe total in this draft

sooneron
4/29/2006, 08:29 PM
so much for what nfl.com knows...

Overall, we would not draft Ingram because we do not believe he can be an NFL starter, but perhaps he would be a good free-agent signing because he can be a versatile backup linebacker who can make plays on special teams (on the coverage teams and as a blocker on return teams).

sooneron
4/29/2006, 08:32 PM
Of course, nfl.com doesn't know dick!

Wilson is a good college receiver who really stepped up in 2005 after being primarily a backup throughout his career.

Weren't his numbers off in 05 as opposed to 04? I realize this was due to some nagging injuries, but do these guys know anything???

BASSooner
4/29/2006, 08:33 PM
heh. this is funny. in our recovery year we had 5 guys go into the draft. All of our players will be better next year at their positions(cept for joseph and chester).

sooneron
4/29/2006, 08:35 PM
heh. this is funny. in our recovery year we had 5 guys go into the draft. All of our players will be better next year at their positions(cept for joseph and chester).
I was right, Travis caught TWICE as many passes in 04 than 05.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2006, 08:38 PM
I was right, Travis caught TWICE as many passes in 04 than 05.

Not to mention 11 TDs to 1 i think

sooneron
4/29/2006, 08:39 PM
Who are these ****tards that they hire to post this crap?

NickZeppelin
4/29/2006, 08:40 PM
Talent wasn't the problem last year.

oumartin
4/29/2006, 08:41 PM
Nick Zep must be a contributing writer

okienole3
4/29/2006, 08:42 PM

You are a ****ing idiot.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2006, 08:46 PM
I worked for a draft site but was "let go" for hyping Chris Chester...being a homer.....saying Chester, after the combine that he would be one of the first centers off the board...

oumartin
4/29/2006, 08:49 PM
anyone else see the humor in the #1 pick from a year ago falling to #10 this year... Not only did he not get his NC but he fell to 10th.. Dang this week has been good. Not so much for USC

Cam
4/29/2006, 08:51 PM
Nick,

Sometimes it's easier to not click on the post quick reply button after you're done typing.

Give it a shot once in a while, please.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/29/2006, 09:07 PM
i'll be honest, i raised an eyebrow at our 3rd round picks. my immediate thought was that it was a weak draft...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/29/2006, 09:10 PM
i'll be honest, i raised an eyebrow at our 3rd round picks. my immediate thought was that it was a weak draft...

Very weak..I think thats why some people were taken in the 1st and some didnt get taken til later...not much real separation as far as 1-3rd round talent

Egeo
4/29/2006, 10:52 PM
congrats to the former sooners

stoopified
4/29/2006, 11:36 PM
Hey Martin will your boy KJ get drafted on Sunday,I kid,I kid.Personally I like all Sooners to get a shot just am a little disappointed at KJ having a bad attitude.

Flagstaffsooner
4/29/2006, 11:40 PM
anyone else see the humor in the #1 pick from a year ago falling to #10 this year... Not only did he not get his NC but he fell to 10th.. Dang this week has been good. Not so much for USCAnd hes a card.:D

NickZeppelin
4/29/2006, 11:42 PM
You are a ****ing idiot.
I guess Stoops and staff haven't been recruiting well over the last few years then. :rolleyes:

Talent shouldn't ever be a problem at OU. And it wasn't a problem last year.

okienole3
4/29/2006, 11:46 PM
I guess Stoops and staff haven't been recruiting well over the last few years then. :rolleyes:

How dumb are you?

You say talent wasn't the problem, because it was coaching. I say there was talent, just young talent. Yes, Stoops has been recruiting well. Except for that 2003 class, which might come into its own this season, at least the guys who are left.

:rolleyes:

Desert Sapper
4/30/2006, 07:43 AM

It shouldn't be, but it was. We had a couple of classes completely tank out. If we didn't have so many kids leave for various different reasons (to include Michael Hawkins -- who could have been one of our best corners ever and a slew of O-Linemen), we would have been a lot better off last year.

Are you completely in the dark?

As it stands, we had one of the toughest schedules in the country (said by some to be the toughest), we lost our star running back to injury, we had O-Line issues out the tail including having a starting OT leave before the season started, we lost 2 defensive ends to start the year, we had our top 2 wideouts go down to injury, and we were forced to start more freshmen last year than we have had to in our history as a football program...and we still managed to win 7 regular season games and the Holiday Bowl over the #6 team in the country.

I guess you have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocles...:rolleyes:

soonercody
4/30/2006, 08:32 AM
The Chicago Bears DLine is gonna represent.

The Consumate Showman
4/30/2006, 08:54 AM
WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS AWESOME TEXAS O-LINE IN THIS YEAR'S DRAFT?!?!?!?!? I thought UT was supposed to have the best OLinemen in the Big XII??????? Seems funny to me that we have a 1st and 2nd rounder, AND we have the first DL go between OU and UT.....I thought Rod Wright was supposed to be a dynamite player????? :rolleyes:

I think it is fair to say that a lot of off foeld problems with AD, Millington, and Keith may have disrupted the chemistery of OUr team early on in the year....Look for us to come out firing this year...a la 2003 and 2000's team....