PDA

View Full Version : ROP'ers are up to something

Jerk
4/29/2006, 11:47 AM
I read a post from a cop an another forum that the ROP'ers are buying up those cheap disposable cell phones from everywhere by the ton. The FBI sent a message out to the local yokals telling them to keep it low key. They're up to something and I hope nothing bad happens soon.

Sooner24
4/29/2006, 11:52 AM
I give what's an ROP'er?

SleestakSooner
4/29/2006, 11:54 AM
Terrorists planning to call us to death now?

Jerk
4/29/2006, 11:58 AM
I give what's an ROP'er?

ROP stands for Religion of Peace

walkoffsooner
4/29/2006, 01:14 PM
What could a ton of cell phones do to me?

SoonerWood
4/29/2006, 01:18 PM
squish you like a bug

Mongo
4/29/2006, 01:37 PM
.What could a ton of cell phones do to me?

Speeds up the whole "cell phones cause brain tumors" process

Okla-homey
4/29/2006, 01:45 PM
They have been used successfully as remote triggering devices for improvised explosive devices (IED's)

IOW, build bomb, wire it up to go off when killer calls the number of the celly.

Ike
4/29/2006, 01:53 PM
They have been used successfully as remote triggering devices for improvised explosive devices (IED's)

IOW, build bomb, wire it up to go off when killer calls the number of the celly.

that could really be bad for them here, since telemarketers have started calling cell phones nowadays....I don't know if they'd have numbers of pre-paid cells, but it could certainly lead to some uninteded consequences.

Jerk
4/29/2006, 01:55 PM

or they could be used as the communications tool for a massive attack. I really believe we are most vulnerable right now with fuel tankers. The drivers should be armed. 6500 gallons of jet fuel will sure f*** your day up.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/share/files/1/IMG_0500.JPG

Okla-homey
4/29/2006, 02:10 PM
that could really be bad for them here, since telemarketers have started calling cell phones nowadays....I don't know if they'd have numbers of pre-paid cells, but it could certainly lead to some uninteded consequences.

They prefer the pre-paid kind. No contracts, they can lie about their actual identity at the point of sale, and they are less likely to be called by telemarketers or receive other "random" calls.

You just wait, the first time somebody uses one here to set-off a bomb, you'll start seeing them collected before you get on planes and you'll see "no cell phones allowed" in and around gov't buildings. Heck, it might even involve active jamming of cell phone carrier signals in and around important target complexes and large crowds of people.

Can you imagine the popular angst which would ensue if they said no cellies allowed at football games, and we're going to jam their carrier signals too just in case? :eek:

sooner_born_1960
4/29/2006, 02:16 PM
Can you imagine the popular angst which would ensue if they said no cellies allowed at football games, and we're going to jam their carrier signals too just in case?
Then my wife wouldn't be able to call me on game day to see when I was going to be home.
That would be horrible.

crawfish
4/29/2006, 02:18 PM
They're going to sew them into our clothes and make us all sterile.

Ike
4/29/2006, 02:22 PM
They prefer the pre-paid kind. No contracts, they can lie about their actual identity at the point of sale, and they are less likely to be called by telemarketers or receive other "random" calls.

You just wait, the first time somebody uses one here to set-off a bomb, you'll start seeing them collected before you get on planes and you'll see "no cell phones allowed" in and around gov't buildings. Heck, it might even involve active jamming of cell phone carrier signals in and around important target complexes and large crowds of people.

Can you imagine the popular angst which would ensue if they said no cellies allowed at football games, and we're going to jam their carrier signals too just in case? :eek:

honestly, I would prefer it. but I am one of those uncivilized cell-phone-non-havers in the first place. Therefore, I think we should do that anyway as a pro-active precaution.

Newbomb Turk
4/29/2006, 02:25 PM
honestly, I would prefer it. but I am one of those uncivilized cell-phone-non-havers in the first place. Therefore, I think we should do that anyway as a pro-active precaution.

That's what I was thinking. I have a cell, but it sits in my car and is rarely used. Maybe once a week.

proud gonzo
4/29/2006, 03:35 PM
or they could be used as the communications tool for a massive attack. I really believe we are most vulnerable right now with fuel tankers. The drivers should be armed. 6500 gallons of jet fuel will sure f*** your day up.

with that much fuel it sounds like you're already armed ;)

Boarder
4/29/2006, 03:41 PM

Pig Pen this here's the Rubber Duck and I'm about to put the hammer down

Sooner24
4/29/2006, 03:45 PM
Pig Pen this here's the Rubber Duck and I'm about to put the hammer down

10-4 good buddy I'll see you on the flip flop.

proud gonzo
4/29/2006, 03:57 PM
I'm drivin' a truck
Drivin' a big ol' truck
Pedal to the metal, hope I don't run out of luck
Rollin' down the highway until the break of dawn
Drivin' a truck with my high heels on

My diesel rig is northward bound
It's time to put that hammer down
Just watchin' as the miles go flyin' by
I'm ridin' twenty tons of steel
But it's sure hard to hold the wheel
While I'm still waiting for my nails to dry...

sooneron
4/29/2006, 07:47 PM
WTF are you doing driving 52 mph?? People NEED that gas!

Jerk
4/29/2006, 07:57 PM
WTF are you doing driving 52 mph?? People NEED that gas!

That ain't me!!! I do not drive a fire cracker. I drive a dry-bulk pneumatic tanker like this:

http://www.truckstopmodels.com/images/catalog/cmc14020_lg.jpg

Okla-homey
4/29/2006, 07:59 PM
That ain't me!!! I do not drive a fire cracker. I drive a dry-bulk pneumatic tanker.

sooo...what zackly does a feller haul in a dry-bulk tanker?

Jerk
4/29/2006, 08:03 PM
sooo...what zackly does a feller haul in a dry-bulk tanker?

cement powder..the grey stuff that you buy in the little sack at the hardware store that weighs 80 pounds. I haul 26 tons of it per load from Tulsa - enough to fully load about 11 mixers and pour the foundation, drive-way, stem wall, EVERYTHING on a 2200 sq/f house.

I pick it up at LaFarge - 145th and Apache

Jerk
4/30/2006, 08:44 PM
http://www.dave5.com/blog/content/binary/200504220817.01-call-missed.jpg

Didn't go off! (This is a real honest to God pic of a failed IED attack in Iraq)

Jerk
4/30/2006, 08:48 PM
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/media/images/disp/blogger-archives/0255.jpg

2 way radio - probably a FRS or GMRS like you buy at Wal-Mart