PDA

View Full Version : And now for something comletely different

lubbocksooner
4/29/2006, 08:42 AM
Players in bold have hired an agent and are no longer eligible.

What do you guys think the Big 12 basketball will look like overall next year with the graduations and if all the following who are "testing the water" of the NBA draft actually leave..... Aldridge, Gibson, and Tucker from UT, Blaylock and Stinson from ISU, Gardner from Mizz and Roby from CU? I don't know who all graduated besided ours so I can't list them.
If all leave I think it will definitaly think it will be a down year for the Big 12 as well as us with our various problems. We are such an unknown at this point that I can't even speculate.

Well I can't edit the title sorry, my teachers always complained I could not spell.

SleestakSooner
4/29/2006, 11:10 AM
Well I can't edit the title sorry, my teachers always complained I could not spell.

LOL

If all of the kids mentioned above took off then KU would walk thru the conference like Gretzky skated past... anyone in the NHL!

The fight for second would be interesting though. Tech or OSU might be in the running for that. Would be a crazy year for sure.

OUstud
4/29/2006, 02:27 PM
KU might be the only one in the tournament, then lose to MD-Eastern Shore in the first round.

lubbocksooner
5/18/2006, 04:50 PM
Updated with agent signings.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/18/2006, 04:53 PM
Updated with agent signings.

Aldridge signed with an agent some time ago. I'm pretty sure Stinson did last week. Thomas Gardner did today.

lubbocksooner
5/18/2006, 05:18 PM
RHCF,

Thanks, I could not find an article on Gardner. I will check back tomorrow, until he is bold and gone form NCAA.

NormanPride
5/19/2006, 10:30 AM
Rush from KU hasn't? Wow. They must be paying him a lot.

ouflak
5/19/2006, 11:26 AM
KU might be the only one in the tournament, then lose to MD-Eastern Shore in the first round.

No, no, you're not seeing the pattern.

Butler Bill...
Bradley Bill...

Next year I'm guessing... Binghamton Bill?

lubbocksooner
6/5/2006, 04:11 PM
I had missed that Alexis Maric from Nebraska had also declared but has not hired an agent. This is one that will probably come back I am thinking. Have not heard anything about him in the pro workouts. Here is a link to the whole list on SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/ncaa/early.entries/index.html

King Crimson
6/5/2006, 04:22 PM
lubbock: on the internet you can always beg off spelling....by calling it a "typo".

live and learn. :D

i read a link at draftexpress that has Roby not impressing in workouts (but still in the top 30ish)....though going back to a Patton coached team that loses 9 seniors (3 of whom skipped the senior banquet)....can't be all that appealing to face a season of double teams on a team that would be lucky to win 6 conference games.

Collier11
6/6/2006, 05:28 AM
As far as Big 12 guys go, nbadraft.net has
5. Aldridge
32. Tucker(2nd pick of 2nd rd)
43. Blalock
48. Gibson
52. Taj
And thats it, if this holds true then it looks like several big 12 guys made bad decisions i.e, Stinson, Gardner, Gibson, Tucker, Blalock

Sooner95
6/6/2006, 08:24 AM
Seen Aldridge go as high as #2. One thing is for sure, the draft is weak this yr. Raptors might go overseas with #1..

As for Big12, yea might be a down yr, then again, with all that leaving, perhaps it will be extemely competitive and might even do some of the teams some good come tourney time?

Collier11
6/6/2006, 12:33 PM
Im telling you guys, outside of the traditional powers...
Kansas-great
Texas-good
Oke state-good
OU-Decently good
...Its gonna be a tough year for spots 2-10
Weve got
Kstate-alot better and they were decent last year
Mizzou-I think He will turn things around faster than most think, that is a style that just needs athletes and while mizzou doesnt have any great bballers right now, they have athelete
A&M-Great
Colorado-depends on Roby but decent if he comes back

King Crimson
6/6/2006, 04:26 PM
Colorado is .500 in coference with Roby....at best. without Roby...2-4 wins in conference.

K-State should have been improved but losing Martin, Taybron etc. is a ? but, who knows what being suspended in the "off-season" means to Huggy.

Collier11
6/6/2006, 04:28 PM
Exactly, a 500. record in the big 12 probably gets CU 20 wins and a shot at the tourney

King Crimson
6/6/2006, 04:34 PM
Exactly, a 500. record in the big 12 probably gets CU 20 wins and a shot at the tourney

i should have been more clear. i think CU would have overacheived mightily to go .500 in conference....with Roby. team lost 9 seniors, they will need freshmen to get serious minutes at a couple spots on the floor. no post play, and no pg.

that's why i say "at best". i live in Colorado...and i don't see this team being anything other than the final nail in the Ricardo Patton era (he's had some off-the-court problems surface in the last month or so that will not help his cause with the new, PR first, proactive AD). though, the incoming recruiting class is supposed to be pretty good.

Collier11
6/6/2006, 04:42 PM
Patton has had a few "final nails in the coffin" hasnt he, its kinda like the nebraska situation, LOL

lubbocksooner
6/19/2006, 10:24 AM
Well at final count only Roby came back from my initial list. Should be an interesting year next year.