PDA

View Full Version : Leinekugel's Sunset Wheat...

royalfan5
4/28/2006, 11:46 PM
tastes kind of like Lucky Charms. That's not really a bad thing.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/28/2006, 11:59 PM
Is that a regional brand of cereal? What does it contain?

royalfan5
4/29/2006, 12:03 AM
Is that a regional brand of cereal? What does it contain?
It's Miller's Microbrew brand.

Jimminy Crimson
4/29/2006, 12:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LongJohn81/sunsetwheat.jpg

Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat

If you've ever experienced a Northwoods sunset, you know it's a moment unlike any other. So instead of putting it into words, we captured the Northwoods' finest moment in every batch of our all-new Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. Brewed with malted wheat, Cluster hops and natural coriander, Sunset Wheat has a soothing taste that will leave you speechless. It's like your very own sunset in a bottle

Jimminy Crimson
4/29/2006, 12:07 AM
It looks like this is Miller's answer to Coors' Blue Moon.

Blue Moon Belgian White, Belgian-style wheat ale, is a refreshing, medium-bodied, unfiltered Belgian-style wheat ale spiced with fresh coriander and orange peel for a uniquely complex taste and an uncommonly smooth finish.

The name "Belgian White" is a reference to the cloudy white, opaque appearance of the beer. "Belgian White" also refers to the style of beer, which has been brewed in Belgium for about 300 years. This type of ale is brewed with malt, wheat and oats. It is unfiltered, which allows protein and yeast to remain suspended in the beer and creates the cloudy appearance. This also adds to the smoothness and full body of the beer.

Putting a new twist on the lime ritual, Blue Moon is traditionally served with a slice of orange.  Blue Moon was launched in 1995.

King Crimson
4/29/2006, 12:11 AM
It's Miller's Microbrew brand.

Leiney used to be an independent brewer, and was later bought by Miller.

it was always pretty average. there's another Wisconsin brewery that was independent we used to get in Colorado.....that rocked. it wasn't a 9$ six pack either.

royalfan5
4/29/2006, 12:13 AM
Leiney used to be an independent brewer, and was later bought by Miller.

it was always pretty average. there's another Wisconsin brewery that was independent we used to get in Colorado.....that rocked. it wasn't a 9$ six pack either.
I bought it because it was on sale at SuperSaver. If it's not on-sale I probably would have stuck with Boulevard or New Belgium

King Crimson
4/29/2006, 12:30 AM
dude, i know all about buying things on sale. i wasn't coming down like that.

i've been a grad student/underpaid and overworked university instructor for many years. i've had many summers of cheap beer.

here's to ya.