4/28/2006, 09:25 PM
i hope his mama gets a smaller house out of this deal

Scott D
4/28/2006, 09:53 PM
You are a fu*king greedy retard.

You deserve everything you get.

Sincerely,

Planet Earth.

and if this new story of attempted extortion turns out to be true?

Penguin
4/28/2006, 10:05 PM
There sure is a lot of baggage with Bush.

GreaterState
4/28/2006, 10:24 PM
You are a fu*king greedy retard.

You deserve everything you get.

Sincerely,

Planet Earth.

Not that I'm totally disagreeing here, but Len Pasquarelli at ESPN says that Team Reggie went to bed Thursday thinking they'd talk again Friday, but then the Texans went dark on them. In other words, they cut it off before even checking to see if Bush would take the same money that Mario would. Which he might have.

Sure, Bush could've gotten a deal done this week and that would be the end. But the upshot looks like a) this was about more than signability, b) the Texans are a near-unprecedented collection of morons, or c) both.

Crimson Kid
4/28/2006, 10:40 PM
They dropped bush as thier number 1 because he was asking for way to much money.

MiccoMacey
4/28/2006, 11:03 PM

That's a false dichotomy.

Even if it turns out to be extortion, if the part about is family not paying is true then I have little to no sympathy.

It could be extortion on the agent's part, AND corruption on RB's part.

So unless there is a way that the family can explain how it figured to pay $4,500 a month without any benefit of a "long-term loan" (or howevr how much they believe they would have had to pay to live in that house), he's toast.

Jello Biafra
4/28/2006, 11:09 PM
That's a false dichotomy.

Even if it turns out to be extortion, if the part about is family not paying is true then I have little to no sympathy.

It could be extortion on the agent's part, AND corruption on RB's part.

So unless there is a way that the family can explain how it figured to pay $4,500 a month without any benefit of a "long-term loan" (or howevr how much they believe they would have had to pay to live in that house), he's toast.

hmmmmm i seem to recall a wide receiver at the same institution having the same sort of problems. maybe all of this has been going on a while with them.

MiccoMacey
4/28/2006, 11:12 PM
Who???

royalfan5
4/28/2006, 11:48 PM
hmmmmm i seem to recall a wide receiver at the same institution having the same sort of problems. maybe all of this has been going on a while with them.
Mike Williams I assume. I must have missed his problems, but given that he was drafted by Detriot, he must have had them.

badger
4/29/2006, 12:35 AM
Bush will be out of a starting role by age 30.

Just like all other running backs!

Jello Biafra
4/29/2006, 12:39 AM
Mike Williams I assume. I must have missed his problems, but given that he was drafted by Detriot, he must have had them.

yeh. williams. he hired an agent then when clarret lost his lawsuit, williams changed his mind and wanted to go back to usc. NCAA said he could go back if he repaid his agent but it seems like it was upwards of 200k or something. he decided to sit out his junior season at any rate.

BajaOklahoma
4/29/2006, 07:21 AM
Simpson & Bush, SUC must be so proud of their alumni.

Flagstaffsooner
4/29/2006, 07:24 AM
Simpson & Bush, SUC must be so proud of their alumni.Uhgnmm, Baja, this is california, they have no shame.

Scott D
4/29/2006, 11:10 AM
yeh. williams. he hired an agent then when clarret lost his lawsuit, williams changed his mind and wanted to go back to usc. NCAA said he could go back if he repaid his agent but it seems like it was upwards of 200k or something. he decided to sit out his junior season at any rate.

he didn't decide to. he petitioned for reinstatement and the NCAA denied it over the minor detail of the fact that he completed no classes during the spring semester after he withdrew from them because he tried declaring for the draft. The final denial came I believe 3 days before the college football season started.

yermom
4/29/2006, 11:18 AM
i actually felt bad for him, but he should have covered his *** better

mrowl
4/29/2006, 11:25 AM
Reggie wanted a $29M Signing bonus from Houston. Good move on passing.

JohnnyMack
4/29/2006, 04:00 PM

That's irrelevant. What caused the extortion in the first place? Greed. Thinking he was above the system and that he was untouchable.