PDA

View Full Version : if you own a Toyota 4Runner.

picasso
4/28/2006, 06:49 PM
do not ever change the transmission filter/gasket yourself.

that is all.

sooner_born_1960
4/28/2006, 07:01 PM
Does it take three hands?

Jimminy Crimson
4/28/2006, 07:04 PM
I used to own one, so this used to apply to me.

I would have thanked you in advance in the past.

That is all.

StoopTroup
4/28/2006, 07:05 PM
?

http://www.ddluk.com/oilspill/images/largesplodge.gif

picasso
4/28/2006, 07:06 PM
Does it take three hands?
yes, and small ones at that.:)

the pan that holds the fluid has about 21 bolts around it. and after removing it and the old sealing material, one must try to align new gasket material and said bolts many numerous times. add that to constant rain and it makes for a pleasing afternoon.

Jimminy Crimson
4/28/2006, 07:08 PM
...it makes for a pleasing afternoon.

As pleasing as dried spaghetti in your urethra? :eek:

picasso
4/28/2006, 07:09 PM
nah Stoop, changing the oil is a piece of cake. did that in about 20 minutes.
it all started out badly when the dork at the auto parts store gave me the wrong kit. we got the type of transmission goofed up.
it's my gf's ride and the idiots at her dealership couldn't even tell me what kind of transmission it had with the VIN #.

I'm happy it's over.:)

Jimminy Crimson
4/28/2006, 07:09 PM
Norton?

picasso
4/28/2006, 07:10 PM
As pleasing as dried spaghetti in your urethra? :eek:
is that how the clap feels?

Urethra Franklin had some great hits back in the day.

picasso
4/28/2006, 07:11 PM
Norton?
shabang!

StoopTroup
4/28/2006, 07:14 PM
Bad or wrong parts make a job the pits.

olevetonahill
4/28/2006, 09:26 PM
Heres a trick for you rookies ;)
Any time you change a gasket just take a tube of 3M weatherstrip adhesive and run a small bead around the pan , stick the gasket in place , set a few bolts backwards in the holes to hold it in place , after a few minutes that thing is stuck and aint moving anywhere , Start ALL of the bolts before you tighten any of em and be sure to not over tork
YWIA

VeeJay
4/28/2006, 09:35 PM
is that how the clap feels?

Urethra Franklin had some great hits back in the day.

I had a gonorrhea test in 1992 that I hope I never have to repeat. I let the doctor do it, and it was a simple bladder infection.

I shouldn't have let him do it. :mad:

picasso
4/28/2006, 10:51 PM
Heres a trick for you rookies ;)
Any time you change a gasket just take a tube of 3M weatherstrip adhesive and run a small bead around the pan , stick the gasket in place , set a few bolts backwards in the holes to hold it in place , after a few minutes that thing is stuck and aint moving anywhere , Start ALL of the bolts before you tighten any of em and be sure to not over tork
YWIA
yes. I actually put on a strip of silicone to mend the gasket to the pan. my problem was I was trying to beat the pending storm, which was thundering as it approached.

olevetonahill
4/28/2006, 11:18 PM
yes. I actually put on a strip of silicone to mend the gasket to the pan. my problem was I was trying to beat the pending storm, which was thundering as it approached.
Oh you was O/S
Next time come on down you can use my lift :)
The weatherstrip works better tho ,