PDA

View Full Version : rush limbaugh arrested

OUHOMER
4/28/2006, 05:27 PM
for drug prescribtion fraud.... i used to like him, but you dont do this kind of stuff and point fingers

OUHOMER
4/28/2006, 05:28 PM
never mind already posted.. 56 k modems suck

Octavian
4/28/2006, 05:29 PM
apparently he's brilliant though

Newbomb Turk
4/28/2006, 05:30 PM
never mind already posted.. 56 k modems suck

56k??!?!?

and that was post 666 for you. :eek:

mdklatt
Google News knows nothing about this, so everybody say it with me now...link?

sooneron
IBTM

or

IBTD

mdklatt
4/28/2006, 05:31 PM
William Bennet says he'll bet any amount of money that Rush is innocent....

OUHOMER
4/28/2006, 05:34 PM
56k??!?!?

and that was post 666 for you. :eek:

I am glad i got over that hump

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/28/2006, 05:36 PM
Yes, I just heard it on radio. This will be interesting to follow.

mdklatt
4/28/2006, 05:39 PM
Yes, I just heard it on radio. This will be interesting to follow.

Is this related to his earlier problems or is he still as high as Lindsey Lohman?

walkoffsooner
4/28/2006, 05:42 PM
you could tell he was on dope 15 years ago.talking out of his head about good times and s---.

SOONER44EVER
4/28/2006, 05:55 PM
apparently he's brilliant though
Heh!

Okla-homey
4/28/2006, 06:07 PM
30K restitution and the charges will be dropped? Sounds like a suh-weet deal to me, especially given Limbaugh's worth bazillion$.

It's really analogous you or me having to pay 5 bucks to avoid prosecution of a felony offense.

OUHOMER
4/28/2006, 06:17 PM
News said he was spending $10,000.00 a WEEK, and doctor shopping....
he aint got nothn on crack heads

Okla-homey
4/28/2006, 06:19 PM
News said he was spending $10,000.00 a WEEK, and doctor shopping....
he aint got nothn on crack heads

I don't think he's on the stuff anymore. Anyway, 10K a week is nothing for that dude. He lights his cigars wid Benjamins.

4/28/2006, 06:23 PM
Is this related to his earlier problems or is he still as high as Lindsey Lohman?As I understand it , it's about the earlier charges of "doctor shopping". A couple or three years ago, he went to a rehab center out here in AZ, and supposedly has been drug free since then.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2006, 06:24 PM
30K restitution and the charges will be dropped? Sounds like a suh-weet deal to me, especially given Limbaugh's worth bazillion$.

It's really analogous you or me having to pay 5 bucks to avoid prosecution of a felony offense.

But how many people are actually prosecuted in Florida for doctor shopping?
I think when all of this started I heard that only like 1 other guy in 10 years has been prosecuted for this.

Jerk
4/28/2006, 06:26 PM
At least he didn't get high, run his car off a bridge with his secretary in it, and let her drown while he saved himself.

OH, and get away with it scott-free, no charges.

Okla-homey
4/28/2006, 06:32 PM
At least he didn't get high, run his car off a bridge with his secretary in it, and let her drown while he saved himself.

That's why me likey Jerk. That boy knows how to put stuff in the proper perspective. That's a gift!

Jerk
4/28/2006, 06:39 PM
That's why me likey Jerk. That boy knows how to put stuff in the proper perspective. That's a gift!

Yeah, but it comes with a curse. Sometimes I don't know when to stop.

Did you know that the impact of Ted Kennedy's car hitting the water was so violent that it knocked mary jo's bra completely off, flying in the air and into the glove compartment, with the door shutting itself behind it?

85Sooner
4/28/2006, 06:46 PM
As far as I can tell. The charge was not revealing to a doctor that he already had been prescribed that medication by another Dr.

BS charge if you ask me. They just wanted to embarrass him. Nothing new for state officials in florida.

Half a Hundred
4/28/2006, 06:48 PM

Or hit the back of an SUV, swerve, hit it again, and crash into a tree... :eddie:

Okla-homey
4/28/2006, 06:59 PM

Did you know that the impact of Ted Kennedy's car hitting the water was so violent that it knocked mary jo's bra completely off, flying in the air and into the glove compartment, with the door shutting itself behind it?

The way I always heard it, it was her panties.;)

StoopTroup
4/28/2006, 07:13 PM
Ted is doing good.

Rush is doing evil.

;)

4/28/2006, 07:16 PM
But how many people are actually prosecuted in Florida for doctor shopping?
I think when all of this started I heard that only like 1 other guy in 10 years has been prosecuted for this.Rush is, and has been in the crosshairs of the Fla judicial system. I was wondering when this shoe was gonna fall.

Jerk
4/28/2006, 08:08 PM
Rush is, and has been in the crosshairs of the Fla judicial system. I was wondering when this shoe was gonna fall.

William, your posts make life imitate art. Everytime you say something, I become like the working dude in the movie Office Space:

"F'kn A man"

4/28/2006, 08:19 PM
William, your posts make life imitate art. Everytime you say something, I become like the working dude in the movie Office Space:

"F'kn A man"Mucho thanks. I just saw the Hannity and Colmes report on the "arrest". It was, indeed, a continuation of the earlier charge of doctor shopping. All parties to the discussion, including the liberal Alan Colmes, and the "moderate" attorney Napolitano, agreed it was a legal injustice, and a political hatchet job. (IMO, a la Tom DeLay/Ronnie Earl type stuff. The big difference is that limbaugh didn't have to resign anything due to party rules like DeLay did; nor does he have to fight a smear job in an upcoming election)

soonercody
4/28/2006, 08:29 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Jerk
4/28/2006, 08:31 PM
Yep. I think they want to make it illegal to be a conservative.

I like Rush. Alot of what he says just seems to be common sense. I think alot of people don't "get" his style of humor, or sometimes they overlook his point. For instance, you see alot of libs say that Rush supports tobacco. No, if you listen, he just says that if tobacco is so bad, then why don't they just ban it? Of course they won't, because the politicians love the tax revenue too much. IF TOBACCO is so eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil, then BAN IT!

Also, I've never seen Rush act like a preacher and condemn people to Hell. Usually his comments revolve around something very stupid that the libtards are doing - and there is plenty of material. It's an entertainment show.

Jerk
4/28/2006, 08:32 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2006, 08:33 PM

The Kennedy family has a rich tradition that I wish Ted would soon follow.

Penguin
4/28/2006, 08:34 PM
I blame the liberal dims!!!!!!!!!1\

My favoritest fat conservative commentator can use all the drugs he wants without facing any legal consequences!!!1!!!!1!1!!!!!

Jerk
4/28/2006, 08:39 PM
The Kennedy family has a rich tradition that I wish Ted would soon follow.

That motherfocker has a liver made of iron.

JohnnyMack
4/28/2006, 09:02 PM
Did Limbaugh or didn't he?

That's all I'm axing.

And Kennedy smack. That's fresh stuff. :rolleyes:

Jerk
4/28/2006, 09:07 PM
Did Limbaugh or didn't he?

That's all I'm axing.

And Kennedy smack. That's fresh stuff. :rolleyes:

Fact remains, he got a woman killed and did his best to save himself- both during and after the incident.

And I get to listen to that ********* lecture me, today, about how America is too greedy, when he inhereted more money than I will see in a lifetime?

f*** him. I hope his liver fails.

SCOUT
4/28/2006, 09:12 PM
I wonder if Al Franken has ever partaken an illegal drug.

Penguin
4/28/2006, 09:13 PM
That's what I call Christian love.

49r
4/28/2006, 09:16 PM
Limbaugh apologist....

....isn't that an oxymoron?

Jerk
4/28/2006, 09:19 PM
That's what I call Christian love.

Why bring Christ into this?

I'm speaking on behalf of myself.

Okla-homey
4/28/2006, 09:30 PM
I think its rather notable that Ted has come out against the windmill farm proposed to be built on Martha's Vineyard because of the fact it would ruin the Kennedy compound aesthetics.

Seashore windmills = cheap, green electricity.

Seems like a grand poobah lib senator would be all about that sort of thing. Just goes to show, "do as they say, not as they do."

OUHOMER
4/28/2006, 09:37 PM
I think its rather notable that Ted has come out against the windmill farm proposed to be built on Martha's Vineyard because of the fact it would ruin the Kennedy compound aesthetics.

Seems like a grand poobah lib senator would be all about that sort of thing. Just goes to show, "do as they say, not as they do."

Exactly........I could not agree more...

OklahomaTuba
4/28/2006, 09:41 PM
I'd still rather pop pills with Rush while hunting with Cheney, than drive with Ted. ;)

OzarkSooner
4/28/2006, 09:42 PM
Don't "rush" to judgment...

Jerk
4/28/2006, 09:42 PM

That is common among the left.

Take Senator Feinstein.

Mrs. "Turn them in, America!" (speaking of guns) once had a carry permit in san fran.

But.... but... but.... they are the elite! They deserve special treatment!!

(I'll give her my rifle after I empty the mag first)

Scott D
4/28/2006, 09:49 PM

Same can be applied to a talk show host whom is really only right when he stumbles through stating certain things that are blatantly obvious. Then goes about howling like a dog in pain about how certain things are baaaad things, then goes through partaking in those activities that he tells his oh so avid listening crowd they should never ever do.....(have a drug habit, marry 2 women you meet online..and to make it worse through AOL).

49r
4/28/2006, 11:50 PM

This is not the truth.

The project you are speaking of is meant to put the windmills offshore, in Nantucket Sound.

Environmentalists are against this project because it is feared that the windmills (which would have to be placed on piers driven into the seabed) would damage the fragile marine ecosystem, thusly endangering several indigenous species and polluting the ocean water as well. (Windmills need to be oiled, and they leak)

Critics of this position say that this is a convenient argument that the local (predominantly liberal) constituency use to mask their NIMBYism, which may be true. But in the final analysis, the damage to the marine ecosystem of Nantucket Sound is too big a risk to take for the marginal benefit an offshore wind farm would produce.

There are also concerns that the local fishing industry could be negatively affected by this project as well. You can read more about the opposition to this project here:

http://www.saveoursound.org/

The marine environment is something that should not be ****ed with, and even if you believe Ted Kennedy to be despicable, (You'll get no argument from me on that point) he is right on target opposing this project.

In the interest of fairness, I'll post a link to the Cape Wind project website as well.
http://www.capewind.org/

jacru
4/28/2006, 11:55 PM
Same can be applied to a talk show host whom is really only right when he stumbles through stating certain things that are blatantly obvious. Then goes about howling like a dog in pain about how certain things are baaaad things, then goes through partaking in those activities that he tells his oh so avid listening crowd they should never ever do.....(have a drug habit, marry 2 women you meet online..and to make it worse through AOL).
Somebody has, obviously, not listened to that talk show host.

4/29/2006, 12:39 AM
Same can be applied to a talk show host whom is really only right when he stumbles through stating certain things that are blatantly obvious. Then goes about howling like a dog in pain about how certain things are baaaad things, then goes through partaking in those activities that he tells his oh so avid listening crowd they should never ever do.....(have a drug habit, marry 2 women you meet online..and to make it worse through AOL).Scott, this is evidence you don't listen to him much, if at all. Check out his show as much as you can for a couple of weeks(I don't know if you're able to listen to him much, but if your work allows it), and you'll get a better idea of how sharp, and NOT hypocritical, he is.
IMO he is absolutely THE BEST at explaining conservative thought.

4/29/2006, 12:41 AM
Limbaugh apologist....

....isn't that an oxymoron?I was thinking oxycontin.

jacru
4/29/2006, 12:45 AM
Scott, this is evidence you don't listen to him much, if at all. Check out his show as much as you can for a couple of weeks(I don't know if you're able to listen to him much, but if your work allows it), and you'll get a better idea of how sharp, and NOT hypocritical, he is.
You can listen to parts of the show on his website, whenever you have time. Rush site (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html)

soonerhubs
4/29/2006, 01:26 AM
I'm a Limbaugh fan and loyalist till the end. I know I know, he was addicted to Pain Killers, but damn people, have you ever tried those things when you were post op. Talk about feeling good :)

mrssoonerhubler
4/29/2006, 01:27 AM
I'm a Limbaugh fan and loyalist till the end. I know I know, he was addicted to Pain Killers, but damn people, have you ever tried those things when you were post op. Talk about feeling good :)

whatever....He bugs..drugs or not

4/29/2006, 01:36 AM
whatever....He bugs..drugs or notStick with his show for a while, and you'll see why he is so popular.

soonerhubs
4/29/2006, 01:39 AM
Stick with his show for a while, and you'll see why he is so popular.
Save it. You're trying to convert an Oprah Watcher. :O That's okay, though, because she still let's me listen to EIB.

mrssoonerhubler
4/29/2006, 01:41 AM
Stick with his show for a while, and you'll see why he is so popular.

You gotta be kidding me. I friggin have to listen to it every time I get in the damn car with my husband. ;)

SleestakSooner
4/29/2006, 02:41 AM
Maybe Rush can get the Martha Stewart promotional plan rolling and turn this minor setback into a new and exciting way to fleece robo-rights of their hard earned demo taxed wages!

4/29/2006, 03:15 AM
Maybe Rush can get the Martha Stewart promotional plan rolling and turn this minor setback into a new and exciting way to fleece robo-rights of their hard earned demo taxed wages!YEAH, BABY!

Scott D
4/29/2006, 11:18 AM
Scott, this is evidence you don't listen to him much, if at all. Check out his show as much as you can for a couple of weeks(I don't know if you're able to listen to him much, but if your work allows it), and you'll get a better idea of how sharp, and NOT hypocritical, he is.

I got tired of listening to nasally whiners in high school. Thanks though.

Scott D
4/29/2006, 11:19 AM
Somebody has, obviously, not listened to that talk show host.

Somebody, thinks, all talk show hosts, are full of ****.

Jerk
4/29/2006, 11:20 AM
I got tired of listening to nasally whiners in high school. Thanks though.

Then why are you a liberal?

Scott D
4/29/2006, 11:26 AM
Then why are you a liberal?

because I'm not? I just get labelled one by about 3 posters on this forum.

SleestakSooner
4/29/2006, 11:28 AM
Wasn't Limbaugh doing radio during the Reagan era? "I don't know" for sure but I have heard that he did a similar bash the pres format show then... just wonder if you all agreed with him then?

Rush... you had me at "I don't know"!

4/29/2006, 11:33 AM
Wasn't Limbaugh doing radio during the Reagan era? "I don't know" for sure but I have heard that he did a similar bash the pres format show then... just wonder if you all agreed with him then?

Rush... you had me at "I don't know"!Google him up. I know he thinks more of Reagan than any modern president(as do many folks).

Jerk
4/29/2006, 11:59 AM

Scott, Rush is not whiney. He's never been whiney. It's an entertainment show. It's funny. 90% of his show is reading the news - usually something liberals are up to - and making fun of it.

lexsooner
4/29/2006, 02:51 PM
Rush is, and has been in the crosshairs of the Fla judicial system. I was wondering when this shoe was gonna fall.

Yeah, the MAN has always had it in for conservative pundits. I heard there is video of Florida cops beating Ann Coulter senseless. ;)

lexsooner
4/29/2006, 03:03 PM

Scott, on this board, anyone who dares criticize the illustrious W or his cronies or is against any agenda or individual perceived as conservative is branded with the L word. Many cannot see beyond black/white and understand many shades of gray exist. Typically the response involves not defending the perceived conservative policy or person, but rather attacking the poster - "You bleeping liberals. . . ." and then attacking the imputed L group's alternative, whether you bring it up or not - "you liberals would just make it worse . . . ." and then end with moral references to Ted Kennedy or Bill Clinton, regardless of the relevance to the subject matter.

SleestakSooner
4/29/2006, 03:27 PM
Nor do they seem to be able to tell when a tongue-in-cheek post is actually hitting them upside their dense melons!

4/29/2006, 03:30 PM
Yeah, the MAN has always had it in for conservative pundits. I heard there is video of Florida cops beating Ann Coulter senseless. ;)Choose all that apply:1)You don't believe it 2) You can't imagine how it could be possibly be true 3) All judges, even those active in the algore campaign, are impartial, objective participants in the judicial system 4) You don't think Ronnie Earll had it in for Tom DeLay, and indicted him to get him out of House leadership.

4/29/2006, 03:33 PM
Scott, on this board, anyone who dares criticize the illustrious W or his cronies or is against any agenda or individual perceived as conservative is branded with the L word. Many cannot see beyond black/white and understand many shades of gray exist. Typically the response involves not defending the perceived conservative policy or person, but rather attacking the poster - "You bleeping liberals. . . ." and then attacking the imputed L group's alternative, whether you bring it up or not - "you liberals would just make it worse . . . ." and then end with moral references to Ted Kennedy or Bill Clinton, regardless of the relevance to the subject matter.Isn't the important thing to vote for the best, or the least damaging candidate?

4/29/2006, 03:37 PM
Nor do they seem to be able to tell when a tongue-in-cheek post is actually hitting them upside their dense melons!Some of the "tongue-in-cheek comments are too poorly written to be properly construed.

Jerk
4/29/2006, 04:27 PM
IT IS BLACK AND WHITE AND IT'S REAL SIMPLE

You make Nanci Palosi Speaker of the House and Hillary Clinton the President you will f*** up this country beyond your wildest dreams. Want change? Vote out the incumbant republicans in their primaries and send fresh blood to Washington. Giving power to total leftist loonbats like Cynthia McKinney will be THE END of this country as we know it. I see alot of intellectual know-it-alls do nothing but criticise Bush but no one talks about the total a$$ f*cking we are in for if dims take over. COMMUNISM DOESN'T WORK. They won't come out and admit that they are a bunch of gawdamned socialists, but anyone with an IQ above 50 can see that they are. Their whole agenda revolves around ****ing hard working people and transfering wealth to the people who vote for them, protecting big government and screwing free enterprise, partial birth abortion, gun control, affirmative action, etc etc etc. God I hope some states have the balls to secede if Hillary becomes Prez.

Ike
4/29/2006, 04:31 PM
They're whole agenda revolves around ****ing hard working people and transfering wealth to the people who vote for them, protecting big government and screwing free enterprise,

and this would be different from the current administration how exactly? ;)

4/29/2006, 04:34 PM

You make Nanci Palosi Speaker of the House and Hillary Clinton the President you will f*** up this country beyond your wildest dreams. Want change? Vote out the incumbant republicans in their primaries and send fresh blood to Washington. Giving power to total leftist loonbats like Cynthia McKinney will be THE END of this country as we know it. I see alot of intellectual know-it-alls do nothing but criticise Bush but no one talks about the total a$$ f*cking we are in for if dims take over. COMMUNISM DOESN'T WORK. They won't come out and admit that they are a bunch of gawdamned socialists, but anyone with an IQ above 50 can see that they are. Their whole agenda revolves around ****ing hard working people and transfering wealth to the people who vote for them, protecting big government and screwing free enterprise, partial birth abortion, gun control, affirmative action, etc etc etc. God I hope some states have the balls to secede if Hillary becomes Prez.Stop holding it back. You can relax here. Don't be so afraid.

Mongo
4/29/2006, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE][and this would be different from the current administration how exactly?/QUOTE]

Tax cuts

4/29/2006, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE][and this would be different from the current administration how exactly?/QUOTE]

Tax cutsSigh!

Mongo
4/29/2006, 04:43 PM
What, you dont like keeping your money?

King Crimson
4/29/2006, 04:54 PM
What, you dont like keeping your money?

yeah, that's what it's all about.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2006, 10:24 PM
God I hope some states have the balls to secede if Hillary becomes Prez.

:sigh: we've tried..we've tried... :(

I'm about to the point that I'm going to start saving up some money to buy a remote piece of property out in Idaho and personally secede. I'll start a commune of pro-liberty pro-constitution loving Patriots.

sooneron
4/29/2006, 10:29 PM
:sigh: we've tried..we've tried... :(

I'm about to the point that I'm going to start saving up some money to buy a remote piece of property out in Idaho and personally secede. I'll start a commune of pro-liberty pro-constitution loving Patriots.
Just don't stockpile a lot of weaponry.

sooneron
4/29/2006, 10:31 PM
I love how jerk thinks that McKinney has any juice in the democratic party. That's a nice trick- getting people to believe that the opposing party is behind a fringe element whacko- that is so unlike any whackos from the GOP. She's just barking up a different tree.

VeeJay
4/29/2006, 10:37 PM
Scott, on this board, anyone who dares criticize the illustrious W or his cronies or is against any agenda or individual perceived as conservative is branded with the L word. Many cannot see beyond black/white and understand many shades of gray exist. Typically the response involves not defending the perceived conservative policy or person, but rather attacking the poster - "You bleeping liberals. . . ." and then attacking the imputed L group's alternative, whether you bring it up or not - "you liberals would just make it worse . . . ." and then end with moral references to Ted Kennedy or Bill Clinton, regardless of the relevance to the subject matter.

I disagree with that. I stopped trusting Bush right around Katrina. There was that, there was Harriet Myers, then the ports sale. All this was was on top of the runaway deficit and the immigration bullcrap. I stopped thinking "He's gonna pull out of it" and began silently saying "He's got to go."

I'm as far from a liberal as you'll find. Bush is not governing like a Conservative. He's got a problem with common sense judgement, too. Oh, and his calls for investigation into the oil companies? Puh-leeze.

Say what you will, the fact is while we are rebuilding schools and infrastructure in Iraq, we still have people on the MS Gulf Coast living in tents.

If the Dems get a majority in Congress this year, he'll be impeached early in 2007. Most people are going to sit by and watch it happen.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2006, 10:53 PM
Just don't stockpile a lot of weaponry.

Is Reno still around?

JohnnyMack
4/29/2006, 11:16 PM
Fact remains, he got a woman killed and did his best to save himself- both during and after the incident.

And I get to listen to that ********* lecture me, today, about how America is too greedy, when he inhereted more money than I will see in a lifetime?

f*** him. I hope his liver fails.

This thread isn't about Kennedy. It's about Rush Limbaugh. Focus.

4/30/2006, 12:03 AM
I disagree with that. I stopped trusting Bush right around Katrina. There was that, there was Harriet Myers, then the ports sale. All this was was on top of the runaway deficit and the immigration bullcrap. I stopped thinking "He's gonna pull out of it" and began silently saying "He's got to go."

I'm as far from a liberal as you'll find. Bush is not governing like a Conservative. He's got a problem with common sense judgement, too. Oh, and his calls for investigation into the oil companies? Puh-leeze.

Say what you will, the fact is while we are rebuilding schools and infrastructure in Iraq, we still have people on the MS Gulf Coast living in tents.

If the Dems get a majority in Congress this year, he'll be impeached early in 2007. Most people are going to sit by and watch it happen.I think a lot of conservatives would agree with at least some of your points, as do I. However, you should have a replacement that is better than who you impeach. Probably Cheney would be no worse, but the disruption, coupled with the loss of confidence and respect for America as a world leader could be catastrophic...ie don't vote dim.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 12:06 AM
I love how jerk thinks that McKinney has any juice in the democratic party. That's a nice trick- getting people to believe that the opposing party is behind a fringe element whacko- that is so unlike any whackos from the GOP. She's just barking up a different tree.

Yeah, like she's the only one I've mentioned. Have you heard of nancy palosi? I do think she has some influence in your party, being that she'll be the speaker of the house if the libtards win this fall. What a freak. By the time she's done, the stars on the American flag will be replaced by the sickle and hammer.

The ignorance in this thread is unreal. Bush gets the sole blame for Katrina? Come on. They had a state and local government down there that was as corrupt and incompetent as you'll find in the 50 states. The destruction was so vast that it wiped out the area the size of Oklahoma. People are so used to quick results these days, but to expect everything to be put back in order immediately is absurd. ESPECIALLY WHEN A HURRICANE HITS A WELFARE STATE It turns out much of the reporting about the atrocities in the super dome were false- reported by the news media from rumors. Look at Mississippi - you never heard any of the same kind of problems over there - the difference is night and day. Why? They had good local leadership. Remember 9-11? They did a fantastic job recovering. Why? Because Rudi Gulliani is no Nagan. Think about it. It's common sense.

In hindsight, Iraq might not have been the best option. But do you really believe they never had WMD? Clinton said they did back in the 90's. The UN did. The British did. I don't blame Bush one bit for mistakenly believing that they did and acting upon it. The democrats in congress authored a resolution supporting the war before it began. Then we go there and it turns out to be alot tougher than we thought it would be - so guess what? Democrats flip flop and say "hey, we can use this body count for us" because they'll do anything to get back in power. We're there, we might as well finish the job and fight AQ over there, and not here. The more jihadists we kill, the better. Many people still don't realize that we are at war. Maybe after an American city goes up in smoke they will wake up.

Then we got oil prices- and Bush gets the blame, although he cant control it. China and India consume six times more oil than they did 10 years ago. That is a serious shift in supply and demand. We can't build refinaries. Whose fault is that? Tree huggers. We can't drill off the Florida coast. Whose fault is that? Tree huggers. We can't drill in ANWAR. Whose fault is that? Tree huggers. We can't build a nuclear plant anywhere. Whose fault is that? Tree huggers. D*mned hypocrites. If they were honest, they'd ride bicycles every where...but they prefer limos.

And what about the economy? It's really good. Low unemployment and very good consumer confidence. But Bush can't get credit for that BECAUSE HE'S NOT A DEMOCRAT. PERIOD.

If Hillary gets elected, I think this nation will split into two again - not like a civil war or anything, but there will be two very different Americas.

4/30/2006, 12:13 AM
I'm far from convinced that Iraq is a mistake. I know that the dims are doing everything they can to prevent us from winning the war. Their smear campaign is aiding and giving energy to the jihadists, and no doubt, prolonging the war and costing more American lives.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 12:24 AM
I'm far from convinced that Iraq is a mistake. I know that the dims are doing everything they can to prevent us from winning the war. Their smear campaign is aiding and giving energy to the jihadists, and no doubt, prolonging the war and costing more American lives.

The only reason I say that is because I'm not sure if the Iraqis want a democracy bad enough.

soonercody
4/30/2006, 12:29 AM
1) The country is already split in two.
2) I'm no Bush supporter by a long shot and even I don't blame him
for gas prices or Hurricanes although I have a hard time finding
much that he hasn't fu**ed up.
3) I also don't give him credit for the current economy
4) I never want to see another single party take control of everything again
5) I hope the Dems can find someone more electable than Hillary
6) I listen to Rush occasionally, but I can't stand him. I think he started
around the early '90s or so when GHWB was in office
7) Psssst. The Cold War is over. We won.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:35 AM
Scott, Rush is not whiney. He's never been whiney. It's an entertainment show. It's funny. 90% of his show is reading the news - usually something liberals are up to - and making fun of it.

his voice man...HIS VOICE IS NASALLY WHINY. Sheesh, he's too busy talking about how great he is to actually have time to whine about anything ;)

Jerk
4/30/2006, 12:36 AM
1) The country is already split in two.
2) I'm no Bush supporter by a long shot and even I don't blame him
for gas prices or Hurricanes although I have a hard time finding
much that he hasn't fu**ed up.
3) I also don't give him credit for the current economy
4) I never want to see another single party take control of everything again
7) Psssst. The Cold War is over. We won.

1) And it's only going to get worse.
3) Really? His tax cuts have nothing to do with it?
4) not a bad point. Maybe they'll get nothing done, which is good. We alraedy have enough laws.
7) Yeah, no kidding...because we're capitalists, and socialism doesn't work. But some people still haven't learned this.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:37 AM
Isn't the important thing to vote for the best, or the least damaging candidate?

If people did that then the Democratic and Republican parties would no longer exist...and THAT my friend would be a great thing.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:38 AM

You make Nanci Palosi Speaker of the House and Hillary Clinton the President you will f*** up this country beyond your wildest dreams. Want change? Vote out the incumbant republicans in their primaries and send fresh blood to Washington. Giving power to total leftist loonbats like Cynthia McKinney will be THE END of this country as we know it. I see alot of intellectual know-it-alls do nothing but criticise Bush but no one talks about the total a$$ f*cking we are in for if dims take over. COMMUNISM DOESN'T WORK. They won't come out and admit that they are a bunch of gawdamned socialists, but anyone with an IQ above 50 can see that they are. Their whole agenda revolves around ****ing hard working people and transfering wealth to the people who vote for them, protecting big government and screwing free enterprise, partial birth abortion, gun control, affirmative action, etc etc etc. God I hope some states have the balls to secede if Hillary becomes Prez.

one day you will understand that the point of being a modern politician is to be "****ing everyone who didn't vote for them to make sure they can slide wealth over to people who did vote for them."

4/30/2006, 12:39 AM
You don't really think the dims have anybody with a lick of sense who would run, do you?(who do you propose to be DIMPOTUS? Not just somebody "electable", but somebody with a shread of common sense(not a freakin' socialist)
Limbaugh started his show on a national basis in the late '80's sometime.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 12:50 AM
one day you will understand that the point of being a modern politician is to be "****ing everyone who didn't vote for them to make sure they can slide wealth over to people who did vote for them."

I think we can agree on something.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 12:59 AM
we could probably agree on more if you put away the paintbrush when conversing with me :)

soonerhubs
4/30/2006, 01:56 AM
I used to be Michael Savage type harsh conservative. These days, well, I just do homework and hope the government keeps me free.

Flagstaffsooner
4/30/2006, 02:03 AM
I hope the government keeps me free.
http://www.tvacres.com/images/bozo_clown6.jpg
:rolleyes:

soonerhubs
4/30/2006, 02:20 AM
Well, I just don't get into politics like I used to. I just don't care as much.

sooneron
4/30/2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah, like she's the only one I've mentioned. Have you heard of nancy palosi? I do think she has some influence in your party, being that she'll be the speaker of the house if the libtards win this fall. What a freak. By the time she's done, the stars on the American flag will be replaced by the sickle and hammer.

The ignorance in this thread is unreal. Bush gets the sole blame for Katrina? Come on. They had a state and local government down there that was as corrupt and incompetent as you'll find in the 50 states. The destruction was so vast that it wiped out the area the size of Oklahoma. People are so used to quick results these days, but to expect everything to be put back in order immediately is absurd. ESPECIALLY WHEN A HURRICANE HITS A WELFARE STATE It turns out much of the reporting about the atrocities in the super dome were false- reported by the news media from rumors. Look at Mississippi - you never heard any of the same kind of problems over there - the difference is night and day. Why? They had good local leadership. Remember 9-11? They did a fantastic job recovering. Why? Because Rudi Gulliani is no Nagan. Think about it. It's common sense.
Duh! Seeing as how I was actually a citizen of NYC and voted for Rudy

In hindsight, Iraq might not have been the best option.

Ya think?

But do you really believe they never had WMD? Clinton said they did back in the 90's. The UN did. The British did. I don't blame Bush one bit for mistakenly believing that they did and acting upon it. The democrats in congress authored a resolution supporting the war before it began. Then we go there and it turns out to be alot tougher than we thought it would be - so guess what? Democrats flip flop and say "hey, we can use this body count for us" because they'll do anything to get back in power.
You're reaching here. They started going the other direction as more info started leaking about how some intel was twisted to fit the bush agenda.

We're there, we might as well finish the job and fight AQ over there, and not here. The more jihadists we kill, the better. Many people still don't realize that we are at war. Maybe after an American city goes up in smoke they will wake up.

You don't have to tell me that- I see armed soldiers practically every day in Penn Station- That's in New York in case you didn't know.

Then we got oil prices- and Bush gets the blame, although he cant control it. China and India consume six times more oil than they did 10 years ago. That is a serious shift in supply and demand. We can't build refinaries. Whose fault is that? Tree huggers. We can't drill off the Florida coast. Whose fault is that? Tree huggers. We can't drill in ANWAR. Whose fault is that? Tree huggers. We can't build a nuclear plant anywhere. Whose fault is that? Tree huggers. D*mned hypocrites. If they were honest, they'd ride bicycles every where...but they prefer limos.
First of all, the people are hating on bush b/c big oil is what got him where he is. Regardless, of him not being able to find any oil in TX! Americans are ****ed at the oil companies right now and W is the ditzy blond debutante who's daddy has the most wells.
The fact is, tree huggers were actually dumb enough to believe that the energy companies would get serious about finding alternative energy sources that are clean and cheap instead of sticking to what they know- one thing and keeping the bottom line intact for the board members.

And what about the economy? It's really good. Low unemployment and very good consumer confidence. But Bush can't get credit for that BECAUSE HE'S NOT A DEMOCRAT. PERIOD.

The economy is isn't as strong as many would think - this is due to Americans being addicted to credit and interest only loans. Bad combination right there. No one really gave Bill credit when the economy was good back in 98-00, it cuts both ways. Most credited Greenspan.

If Hillary gets elected, I think this nation will split into two again - not like a civil war or anything, but there will be two very different Americas.
This country is split in two. Both parties are to blame for it. Of course, jackasses calling names don't help- dims and libtards comes to mind. With nazi name calling coming from the left.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 09:53 AM
The economy is isn't as strong as many would think

Facts and you really don't get along.

Jimminy Crimson
4/30/2006, 09:56 AM
I have nothing to add

Jerk
4/30/2006, 10:00 AM
Ron, I woke up this morning and discovered that my 'give a sh*t' machine is broken.

sooneron

The U.S. economy staged an impressive comeback during the first three months of the year, according to new figures released by the Commerce Department. The agency reports the economy grew at an annual rate of 4.8 percent in the first quarter -- more than twice as fast as it grew in the previous quarter.

The strong growth occurred despite the rise in energy prices. But some economists caution that the numbers are something of an aberration.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5369762

I realize gray areas are tough for you of all people to understand- see, some economists agree that it's stronger, but not as strong as it would seem.

Scott D

I want to see you come up here and tell people the economy is just fine....you'd be lucky to live 10 minutes afterwards...and I'm talking the suburbs, not even Detroit.

Oh and any viewing of national unemployment is a bs smokescreen....if the media and the white house would ever view it on a state by state breakdown you'd see some ridiculously slanted numbers in a lot of states.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 10:01 AM
I want to see you come up here and tell people the economy is just fine....you'd be lucky to live 10 minutes afterwards...and I'm talking the suburbs, not even Detroit.

Oh and any viewing of national unemployment is a bs smokescreen....if the media and the white house would ever view it on a state by state breakdown you'd see some ridiculously slanted numbers in a lot of states.

It's fine down here. What's going on in Michigan?

sooneron
4/30/2006, 10:02 AM

Everything is fine from where I'm sittin!

heh

Jerk

I realize gray areas are tough for you of all people to understand- see, some economists agree that it's stronger, but not as strong as it would seem.

NPR!!!! LOL!!!

yeah, right.

Try something else.

OklahomaTuba
BTW, wasn't it the anti-american radio station Air America that was bilking an orphanage to stay on the air, cause no one listens to it?

No wonder its going out of business.

I'd say thats MUCH worse than anything Rush did, but maybe thats just me.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 10:05 AM
It's fine down here. What's going on in Michigan?

Unemployment in the state is on the rise actually. And unlike what your initial thoughts would be, it's not union related. Small businesses have been shutting down pretty much left and right. My company has been downsizing nationwide. Michigan is a very business unfriendly territory right now, and it's become the centerpiece of the Gubernatorial race this year. Not that the incumbent will win anything except perhaps the Detroit vote (no she isn't black). The economy here is pretty much **** poor, housing is such a buyers market it's ridiculous.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:06 AM

The economy is doing well.

What is the unemployment rate? 4.8%?

GDP grew at +4%!

Housing is STILL booming.

Even the most head-in-the-sand people can see its doing well. Sorry if you cannot.

sooneron
4/30/2006, 10:07 AM
And to Jerk's comment on consumer confidence-

In particular, one sector that is showing signs of softening is the residential housing market. Both new and existing home sales have dropped back, on net, from their peaks of last summer and early fall. And, while unusually mild weather gave a lift to new housing starts earlier this year, the reading for March points to a slowing in the pace of homebuilding as well. House prices, which have increased rapidly during the past several years, appear to be in the process of decelerating, which will imply slower additions to household wealth and, thereby, less impetus to consumer spending.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:07 AM

4.8%.

But look out for the soup lines!

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:09 AM
And to Jerk's comment on consumer confidence-

Oh dear, after ALL TIME RECORD housing sales, it might be slowing down some.

DAMN YOU BUSH!!!!!!!!

Scott D
The economy is doing well.

What is the unemployment rate? 4.8%?

GDP grew at +4%!

Even the most head-in-the-sand people can see its doing well. Sorry if you cannot.

NOT EVERYWHERE

that can't be THAT hard to get through your head.

sooneron

That is a lie or just stupidity on your part as evidenced by my quote of the Fed Reserve Chairman's.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:11 AM
NOT EVERYWHERE

that can't be THAT hard to get through your head.

Sorry, but the economy in your neck of the woods hasn't been all that great in a long time, despite the boom in the rest of the country.

Sorry, but thats just the truth.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 10:12 AM
you know what ****es me off more than anything else about blue state dems? It's when they vote for the local dems in their home blue state and after many years the place becomes too unfriendly to business and free enterprise- high taxes, too much regulation, etc. Then these same people wake up years later and say "we need to move because the economy here sucks" and go to some place else, like a red state such as florida, which is much more friendly to economic growth, and then they have the audacity to want to make that place as bad as the one they came from.

Lots of wealthy white Californians are fleeing that state, after years of doing their best to create policies leading to its destruction. They go to Arizona or Idaho- and of course they vote the same. Please don't f*** up your new red-state home! There is a reason it's not the wreck you moved from!

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:15 AM
That is a lie or just stupidity on your part as evidenced by my quote of the Fed Reserve Chairman's.

Ok, a little lesson in READING COMPEHENSION is in order I guess.

Housing is softing from ALL TIME HIGHS, he said.

Not that housing is busted, but that its slowed.

FROM ALL TIMES HIGHS.

Get it? Its not that hard Ron, even you can figure this one out, I think.

sooneron
4/30/2006, 10:17 AM
Ok, a little lesson in READING COMPEHENSION is in order I guess.

Housing is softing from ALL TIME HIGHS, he said.

Not that housing is busted, but that its slowed.

FROM ALL TIMES HIGHS.

Get it? Its not that hard Ron, even you can figure this one out, I think.
yes and slowing down quite a bit is not booming.
Maybe you need the reading comp lesson. Where did I say it was busted?
I know how you love to put words in people's mouths and since you have begun here. I have better things to do.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 10:19 AM

In the real world, where we actually, you know, build houses and stuff, we can't keep up with the demand for cement right now in central Oklahoma. In fact, our company is on allocation from our supplier in Tulsa. If it gets worse, we may go to a four day work week. DAMN YOU, BUSHY! THEY'RE BUILDING SO MANY HOUSES THAT WE CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THE MATERIALS!

BTW- Your comment about the oil companies was the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum. I guess my give a sh*t machine is working now. There are no alternative fuels right now that can take the place of oil. We can do things that would help keep the supply up and the price down, but as I've said your side won't let it happen. You want to get rich, Ron? Come up with the alternative. That alone tells me there is no viable alternative right now because whoever comes up with one would be a trillionaire.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 10:20 AM
our economy is so strong Bush is practically begging the Chinese for more trade last week.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 10:20 AM
Sorry, but the economy in your neck of the woods hasn't been all that great in a long time, despite the boom in the rest of the country.

Sorry, but thats just the truth.

I doubt it's the 'rest of the country'. Any time you look at national numbers it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, because they are misleading. That's pretty much all I've been saying about that.

sooneron
4/30/2006, 10:21 AM
I rescind what I said earlier as it was the heat of battle, an accord has been reached.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:23 AM
Yet it is booming, still.

Housing starts are higher than they ever have been.

This is a fact, even the fed chair mentioned this.

Typical Lib thinking though, negetivity is essential, always vested in failure.

If only we had soup lines again!

Jerk
4/30/2006, 10:24 AM
nm

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 10:24 AM
part of the reason there aren't alternative fuel sources is because Reagan gutted the DOE budget in his first term to protect the petro economy.

look it up.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 10:25 AM
nm Ron and I decided that going this route is not worth it.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:27 AM
part of the reason there aren't alternative fuel sources is because Reagan gutted the DOE in his first term to protect the petro economy.

look it up.

Possibly to solve the gas line and oil shocks that Carter inflicted on the nation, sending umemployment into double digits.

Putting things into context really helps sometimes.

sooneron
4/30/2006, 10:27 AM
uh-oh
yeah, oops

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 10:32 AM
Possibly to solve the gas line and oil shocks that Carter inflicted on the nation, sending umemployment into double digits.

Putting things into context really helps sometimes.

perhaps, but you've not done it here.

developing alternative energy sources as a response to the 70's oil crisis would have been one rational and obvious solution...but instead Reagan guts the DOE budget.

i realize Reagan is your hero....but the statement you make here is absurd.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 10:33 AM
Yet it is booming, still.

This is a fact, even the fed chair mentioned this.

Typical Lib thinking though, negetivity is essential, always vested in failure.

If only we had soup lines again!

It's not what libs believe that ****es me off. We all have the right to our own opinions and beleifs. What chaps my a$$ are the lies and distortions.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:34 AM
I doubt it's the 'rest of the country'. Any time you look at national numbers it needs to be taken with a grain of salt, because they are misleading. That's pretty much all I've been saying about that.

I agree.

Still, just looked up and unemployment for Mich is about 6.7%.

With the American car industry slowly falling apart at the seams, the fact that it isn't 10-20% is amazing.

Mich needs to get away from manufacturing though. Nothing can save it here. Nothing.

Jerk
4/30/2006, 10:35 AM

developing alternative energy sources as a response to the 70's oil crisis would have been one rational and obvious solution...but instead Reagan guts the DOE budget.

i realize Reagan is your hero and you read the New Republic....but the statement you make here is absurd.

More government is always the solution, right?

If there is an alternative energy source to be found, it will be found, because someone will make more money than God by discovering it. Too bad they haven't found it, yet.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:36 AM
It's not what libs believe that ****es me off. We all have the right to our own opinions and beleifs. What chaps my a$$ are the lies and distortions.

They are invested in defeatism, negetivity, etc. Its in their interest to make people feel bad so they can win politically.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 10:37 AM
I agree.

Still, just looked up and unemployment for Mich is about 6.7%.

With the American car industry slowly falling apart at the seams, the fact that it isn't 10-20% is amazing.

Mich needs to get away from manufacturing though. Nothing can save it here. Nothing.

Non manufacturing jobs are falling away faster than manufacturing ones. Truthfully the only reason the republican candidate will likely win the governor race here is because he ISN'T a politician.

sooneron
4/30/2006, 10:37 AM
They are invested in defeatism, negetivity, etc. Its in their interest to make people feel bad so they can win politically.
That cuts both ways. The republicans were doing it 10 years ago.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 10:38 AM
More government is always the solution, right?

you wish that's what i was saying, but it's not.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:39 AM

i realize Reagan is your hero....but the statement you make here is absurd.

So Reagan should have just "developed" an alternative energy solution, huh?

Lets talk about absurb for a moment. :rolleyes:

Scott D
4/30/2006, 10:42 AM

I wouldn't say developed, but I would say he should have more strongly 'influenced' it.

sooneron
4/30/2006, 10:45 AM
I really don't think anyone is going to seriously go after alt. energy until you can get corp.s out of politician's pockets. Which will never happen. The only way it will happen is when it's practically too late. I'm not saying full tappage on the reserves, but things will be looking pretty grim.

King Crimson

predictable as always. you fail to see the point, by gutting the DOE budget Saint Ronnie eliminates the possibility for the development of ANY non-petroleum energy source. over 20 years ago. you, Tuba, yourself, have posted on this board about the necessity for developing such an energy source to relieve the US of it's dependence on Middle East oil....and the current disasterous conflicts we are involved in there. no?

OklahomaTuba
Non manufacturing jobs are falling away faster than manufacturing ones. Truthfully the only reason the republican candidate will likely win the governor race here is because he ISN'T a politician.

Sounds like Mich has some real issues it needs to overcome. I hope they do!

As much as I bag on OK, we've done well attracting new business here even with the big manufacturing going away (GM, TIRE, CITGO).

You are correct that the national numbers don't tell the whole story, but given everything thats happened since 2001, and the war and the price of oil being what it is, the fact that nationally we 95% employment and a booming national economy is amazing.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:51 AM
predictable as always. you fail to see the point, by gutting the DOE budget Saint Ronnie eliminates the possibility for the development of ANY non-petroleum energy source. over 20 years ago. you, Tuba, yourself, have posted on this board about the necessity for developing such an energy source to relieve the US of it's dependence on Middle East oil....and the current disasterous conflicts we are involved in there. no?

Yes, I do agree that we need to develop Alt Energy. Has the Government done enough? Of course not. Ethanol should be running in each car right now, not 10 years from now.

But, predictable as always, you are blaming a conservative for there not being alternative energy.

Well, thats great and all, except that up until 1994, who controlled congress? It wasn't the GOP in case you are wondering. And why didn't Clinton invest in alternative technology? He really didn't.

The only person to really throw money into stuff like ETH and Hydrogen is Dubya.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 10:53 AM
Yes, I do agree that we need to develop Alt Energy. Has the Government done enough? Of course not. Ethanol should be running in each car right now, not 10 years from now.

But, predictable as always, you are blaming a conservative for there not being alternative energy.

Well, thats great and all, except that up until 1994, who controlled congress? It wasn't the GOP in case you are wondering. And why didn't Clinton invest in alternative technology? He really didn't.

The only person to really throw money into stuff like ETH and Hydrogen is Dubya.

i'm not a democrat. yer black/white world doesn't work with me.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 10:54 AM
Sounds like Mich has some real issues it needs to overcome. I hope they do!

As much as I bag on OK, we've done well attracting new business here even with the big manufacturing going away (GM, TIRE, CITGO).

You are correct that the national numbers don't tell the whole story, but given everything thats happened since 2001, and the war and the price of oil being what it is, the fact that nationally we 95% employment and a booming national economy is amazing.

you've also got to keep in mind that that's only reported unemployment numbers...that never includes people who are either too proud or not eligible to file for unemployment.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:57 AM
i'm not a democrat. yer black/white world doesn't work with me.

Huh? Where did I call you a democrat? Yer make believe world doesn't work with me.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 10:58 AM
you've also got to keep in mind that that's only reported unemployment numbers...that never includes people who are either too proud or not eligible to file for unemployment.

It also doesn't include the MANY people who work "under the table" either.

So I am betting the net effect is moot.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 10:58 AM
Huh? Where did I call you a democrat? Yer make believe world doesn't work with me.

you win Tuba. yer verbal swordplay is too much for me.

OklahomaTuba
4/30/2006, 11:01 AM
you win Tuba. yer verbal swordplay is too much for me.

Facts have that effect.

King Crimson
4/30/2006, 11:02 AM
LOL.

mdklatt
4/30/2006, 12:35 PM

Republican Fantasyland Ordinance No. 247.3

Any criminal wrongdoing by a prominant Republican is acceptable in light of what Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy did.

mdklatt
4/30/2006, 12:45 PM

This is not an encouraging statistic. Real estate is the new Internet IPO. Thousands (millions?) of people with interest-only mortgages are going to end up with negative equity if/when things go south.

Scott D
4/30/2006, 02:29 PM
not to mention give it a year or two and those houses will go for 80% of 'face value' in at best.

49r
4/30/2006, 09:19 PM
This is not an encouraging statistic. Real estate is the new Internet IPO. Thousands (millions?) of people with interest-only mortgages are going to end up with negative equity if/when things go south.

When the housing bubble bursts, people will be WISHING for the good 'ole dot.com bust days.

Soup lines? Maybe...

jacru
5/1/2006, 12:02 AM
Republican Fantasyland Ordinance No. 247.3

Any criminal wrongdoing by a prominant Republican is acceptable in light of what Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy did.
Those who let the Dems slide set the rules. Don't complain if others play by them too. Or do you like a double standard when your side benefits from it?

mdklatt
5/1/2006, 12:01 PM
Those who let the Dems slide set the rules. Don't complain if others play by them too. Or do you like a double standard when your side benefits from it?

You have no idea what my side is.

It doesn't matter what political party Rush Limbaugh is. He broke the law, and he's apparently using his wealth and celebrity to worm out if it. That has nothing to do with being Republican or Democrat, it's the American way. And yet the "tough on criminals" party is now defending his criminal behavior because he's one of their own. If this was a liberal celebrity instead of Rush Limbaugh Republicans would have jumped all over his ****. So don't think that your side is any better than the libz.

Only in American can donkeys and elephants produce bull****.

etouffee
5/1/2006, 12:15 PM
Thousands (millions?) of people with interest-only mortgages are going to end up with negative equity if/when things go south.Hard to feel a lot of sympathy for anyone who would do something as ill-considered signing an interest-only mortgage.

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 12:24 PM
When the housing bubble bursts, people will be WISHING for the good 'ole dot.com bust days.

Soup lines? Maybe...

And the Libz can't wait! Only then will the "Bush Economy" be truly exposed for what it is (and shown to not be the strongest on earth as those bastard neoKKKon facist economists would have you believe!)

That right there is the essence of Liberal FantasyLand™.

Now bring on the soup lines!

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 12:27 PM
BTW, Rush got arrested for having 40 perscription pills?

Holy smoke. What a bad man he is!! Glad the State's Attorney didn't have other crime to worry about in the great state of Florida!

Prosecutors accused him of illegally deceiving multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions, a practice known as doctor shopping. After seizing his medical records, authorities learned Limbaugh received up to 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months.

However, the single charge only alleges that Limbaugh illegally obtained about 40 pills, said Mike Edmondson, a state attorney's spokesman. He would not elaborate or explain why prosecutors scaled back the case. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/01/D8HB3LC05.html

Scott D
5/1/2006, 01:27 PM
it's what he gets for being dumb enough to be in Florida imo ;)

now if he was in Mexico he wouldn't have this problem :D

mdklatt
5/1/2006, 01:54 PM
BTW, Rush got arrested for having 40 perscription pills?

No, he got arrested for illegally having 40 prescription pills. If this was anybody with a "D" next to their name you'd be hyperventilating about it.

Glad the State's Attorney didn't have other crime to worry about in the great state of Florida!

Damn them for enforcing the laws! Damn them to hell! It's all a Democratic conspiracy in that state that's run by one Bush and voted for the other one twice!

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 02:08 PM
No, he got arrested for illegally having 40 prescription pills. If this was anybody with a "D" next to their name you'd be hyperventilating about it.

Still, 40 pills.

Pretty funny shiat.

Hatfield
5/1/2006, 02:10 PM
saying rush got arrested for 40 pills is as honest as saying clinton got impeached over a blow job

OklahomaTuba
5/1/2006, 02:11 PM
Oh, and its not just housing thats booming...

In a second report, the Commerce Department said total construction spending in March climbed to $1.199 trillion, on an annualized basis, surpassing the previous record high set in February. That marked a big 0.9 percent jump from February's level _ a performance that exceeded analysts' projections of a 0.3 percent gain.http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/01/D8HB1PKO2.html

jacru
5/2/2006, 12:25 AM
Settlement Agreement Ends State Investigation of Rush Limbaugh

April 28, 2006

Palm Beach, FL – April 28, 2006 – In response to media and other inquiries, Roy Black, Rush Limbaugh's attorney, released the following statement today concerning a settlement agreement with the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office to end the investigation of Mr. Limbaugh:

"I am pleased to announce that the State Attorney's Office and Mr. Limbaugh have reached an agreement whereby a single count charge of doctor shopping filed today by the State Attorney will be dismissed in 18 months. As a primary condition of the dismissal, Mr. Limbaugh must continue to seek treatment from the doctor he has seen for the past two and one half years. This is the same doctor under whose care Mr. Limbaugh has remained free of his addiction without relapse.

"Mr. Limbaugh and I have maintained from the start that there was no doctor shopping, and we continue to hold this position. Accordingly, we filed today with the Court a plea of 'Not Guilty' to the charge filed by the State.

"As part of this agreement, Mr. Limbaugh also has agreed to make a $30,000 payment to the State of Florida to defray the public cost of the investigation. The agreement also provides that he must refrain from violating the law during this 18 months, must pay $30 per month for the cost of "supervision" and comply with other similar provisions of the agreement.
"Mr. Limbaugh had intended to remain in treatment. Thus, we believe the outcome for him personally will be much as if he had fought the charge and won."

The actions taken today are as follows:

• The State Attorney has filed a single charge of doctor shopping with the Court. The charge is being held in abeyance under the terms of an agreement between the State and Mr. Limbaugh.

• Mr. Limbaugh has filed a plea of "Not Guilty" with the Court.

The formal agreement between Mr. Limbaugh and the State Attorney will be filed with the Court on Monday. The terms of the agreement are substantively as follows:

• Mr. Limbaugh will continue in treatment with the doctor he has seen for the past two and one half years.

• After Mr. Limbaugh completes an additional 18 months of treatment, the State Attorney has agreed to drop the charge.

• Mr. Limbaugh has agreed to make a $30,000 payment to the State of Florida to defray the public cost of the investigation.

LINK (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/menu/rushwire/settlement_agreement_ends_state_investigation_of_r ush_limbaugh.guest.html)
-------------------------------------------------

It's Over: The Operative Words are "Not Guilty"

May 1, 2006

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Before we get into the news of the day, let me take a stab at explaining what happened on Friday since I'm the one that did everything and I'm the one that was involved, and so I know what happened. The sum total of all of this is the case is over, and the operative words that everybody needs to understand here are "not guilty." Not guilty. On Friday I went over to the Palm Beach County Jail in the first step of a process to end this two-year, seven-month investigation of me by the Palm Beach State Attorney's Office. It is now officially at an end. Now, I have maintained from the start of this, folks, that there was no doctor shopping.

I continue to hold this position formally. We have filed with the court a plea of not guilty to a single charge of doctor shopping that the state attorney's office has filed. Additionally .... LINK for the rest (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_050106/content/rushstatement050106.guest.html)

soonerjoker
5/2/2006, 10:59 AM
everybody must know after 165 posts on this thread (of which i read 3) the
arrest was couple years ago. the news is the final disposition.

everyone can quit gloating now.

5/2/2006, 12:38 PM
everybody must know after 165 posts on this thread (of which i read 3) the
arrest was couple years ago. the news is the final disposition.

everyone can quit gloating now.But, it was another beautiful opportunity for the left to take yet another shot at him...and they did, of course.

Rogue
5/2/2006, 01:00 PM
4,000 painkillers in 6 months.

Rogue
5/2/2006, 01:01 PM
But, it was another beautiful opportunity for the left to take yet another shot at him...and they did, of course.

Karma, glass houses & stones, going around/coming around, etc

mdklatt
5/2/2006, 01:03 PM
But, it was another beautiful opportunity for the left to take yet another shot at him...and they did, of course.

This has nothing to do with politics. It's just another case of a self-righteous media blowhard being a hypocrite and using his status to get preferential treatment by the legal system.

The first person to make this thread about politics was jerk with his Ted Kennedy comment. The wrongs of a Democrat don't cancel out the wrongs of a Republican. I can understand when namby pamby Democrats rally around one of their own, but I would have thought that the Republicans--with all their talk about law and order, morality, and personal responsibility-- would have been less forgiving. Stupid me, assuming that the pubz aren't as full of **** as the dimz.

mdklatt
5/2/2006, 01:04 PM
4,000 painkillers in 6 months.

I thought it was 2,000?