PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you people that buy gas from Citgo...

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 09:48 AM
[political rant on/]

In connection with all the price of gas rants...

Okay, anybody who buys Citgo gas should be ashamed of themselves IMO. Why would buy from a person and a country that is opposed to the U.S.? This makes you unamerican ;).

Here's the info...

The company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (http://www.citgo.com/AboutCITGO/PDVSAprofile.jsp), the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.

So buying gas from Citgo is lining the pockets of Chavez and his leftist/commie leaning policies...

So an you real AMERICANS...stop buying Citgo products!!!

[okay, rant off]

:texan:

bri
4/28/2006, 09:51 AM
And since most other gas is refined from oil supplied by America-hating MidEast nations...where, exactly, do you suggest that we "real" Americans buy our gas?

GottaHavePride
4/28/2006, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't even know where to find a Citgo. I usually go to Conoco or Shell. If I can't find those I look for a BP - those always seem to be some of the cleanest gas stations around.

slickdawg
4/28/2006, 09:55 AM
It doesn't matter - all of OPEC hates us, they want our money and
they are taking it.

SoonerInKCMO
4/28/2006, 09:56 AM
And since most other gas is refined from oil supplied by America-hating MidEast nations...where, exactly, do you suggest that we "real" Americans buy our gas?

Conoco, BP, Sinclair, Hess and Sunoco don't import from the Middle East. I'm not sure where they do get their oil from though.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 10:00 AM

Well, I'm just tired of the price rants...Something that no one can do anything about except for support global stability.

If you want to do something political, stopping lining Chavez's pockets is a step people can do...

mdklatt
4/28/2006, 10:01 AM
Conoco, BP, Sinclair, Hess and Sunoco don't import from the Middle East. I'm not sure where they do get their oil from though.

I think BP owns a lot of the drilling platforms in the North Sea.

walkoffsooner
4/28/2006, 10:02 AM
The cheapest gas station in my town is ran by an arab.Everytime you go in there you take a chance on him pulling a rip cord.But you can save a buck or two so it's worth it.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 10:02 AM
I think BP owns a lot of the drilling platforms in the North Sea.

As well as shipping it in from Alaska.

slickdawg
4/28/2006, 10:17 AM
Walton and Johnson this morning said some are suggesting taking
oil company executives hostage would be effective.

OUinFLA
4/28/2006, 10:21 AM
I dont have a citgo near me, but Ill spread the word to my pals to not buy any more Venezuelan drugs. Won't that be about the same effect?

bri
4/28/2006, 10:37 AM

How 'bout QT? Can I continue going there without betraying my country? 'Cause I REALLY like QT. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 10:39 AM
How 'bout QT? Can I continue going there without betraying my country? 'Cause I REALLY like QT. :D

Yep, QT is an American company, however, I don't know who their refiner is...

;)

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 10:41 AM
Walton and Johnson this morning said some are suggesting taking
oil company executives hostage would be effective.

Who are they? That wouldn't do anything...

If your mad at prices, then work hard to stabilize world politics, cut through the red tape and build more refineries and tell China and India to stop buying more oil and stay in the 3rd world...

SoonerInKCMO
4/28/2006, 10:43 AM

Everyone loves QT. Except Pat or Stanley, I think.

QT FAQ -

Question:
Where does QuikTrip get its gasoline?
Answer:
QuikTrip is an American-owned, privately held company with a 47-year history in the convenience store/gasoline retail industry. The gasoline and diesel fuel we offer to our customers is purchased from various refineries all located in the U.S.

There have recently been a number of questions raised about whether QuikTrip buys gasoline from Middle Eastern countries. We do not purchase any crude oil or have any influence on the purchasing decisions made by the companies who own the refineries.

As an independent marketer, we do not operate any pipelines or terminals; we are strictly a retailer of quality motor fuels and convenience items to consumers in our markets.

All gasoline marketers in the United States get their gasoline from various terminals in their cities. This gasoline has been mixed in pipelines with gasoline from a number of refineries. Although we may purchase our gasoline from a specific refiner, the gasoline we actually pull out of the pipeline is really generic. Even retail outlets of major oil companies end up drawing their gasoline out of the same pipeline as everyone else.

slickdawg
4/28/2006, 10:43 AM
Walton and Johnson are Houston based radio gawds.

It's not a supply problem in any stretch of the imagination.

Look at Wall Street and thier knee jerk reactions, and the profits of
the oil companies, there are our enemies.

mdklatt
4/28/2006, 10:53 AM
Look at Wall Street and thier knee jerk reactions, and the profits of the oil companies, there are our enemies.

Don't any of you f'in hillbillies have investments? Big Oil helped my Roth IRA appreciate by $45 yesterday.

OklahomaTuba
4/28/2006, 10:58 AM
I havn't done business with a CITGO since they ****ed Tulsa a few years ago and moved to Houston.

But yes, They are an enemy of this country.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 10:58 AM
Walton and Johnson are Houston based radio gawds.

It's not a supply problem in any stretch of the imagination.

Look at Wall Street and thier knee jerk reactions, and the profits of
the oil companies, there are our enemies.

Are you joking? I certainly think you are, because IT IS a supply problem, and a people using more than available problem, a transportation problem and a not enough plants in the right place problem.

Do you actually think that a commodity traded on the open market can be messed with to jack up someone's profits?

Now I agree with you on Wall Street, those guys go crazy if the Fed farts. So who knows what they do when they think something is going to happen or if they think someone will turn off a spigot...

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 11:01 AM
Also, PDVSA is a hater of Americans. If you are an American working for Citgo, you have a very low ceiling and don't expect to get a top management job there...Chavez is busy loading those jobs up with his cronies...

SoonerInKCMO
4/28/2006, 11:02 AM
Don't any of you f'in hillbillies have investments? Big Oil helped my Roth IRA appreciate by $45 yesterday.

HA! My 401(k) went up $45.38 yesterday!

Really, it did... I just checked because I really am that much of a nerd. :O

mdklatt
4/28/2006, 11:10 AM
HA! My 401(k) went up $45.38 yesterday!

Actually mine went up $45.39 (seriously), so HA HA!

MamaMia
4/28/2006, 11:40 AM
Is there anything politically incorrect with me buying gas from Shell? I like their gas.

When the kids started being of college age we stopped going to the movies to save a little money. We would just rent the movie when it came out if we really wanted to see it and opt out instead for a nice senic drive feeding the deer at Boiling Springs Park. Now its more expensive to go for a drive. It even costs alot just to drive to the movie rental place, so thank goodness for PPV. :D

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2006, 11:45 AM
The local news gave out the personal email addresses of oil company executives on their newscast last night so the sheep can complain to them. :rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 11:49 AM
Okay, I shouldn't rant and I don't often do. But I really have a strong opinion on Chavez and Citgo...I just blew a stack when reading more about Chavez recently.

I don't have a problem with other oil companies and where they are chartered...

DOn't ask me about Iran, okay? ;)

mdklatt
4/28/2006, 11:49 AM
The local news gave out the personal email addresses of oil company executives on their newscast last night so the sheep can complain to them. :rolleyes:

You should call the station and ask them to give out the e-mail addresses of the news anchors so people can complain how about how much those worthless twats make.

SoonerInKCMO
4/28/2006, 11:50 AM
Actually mine went up $45.39 (seriously), so HA HA!

Whatever, Bruce. :rolleyes:

:D

TheHumanAlphabet
4/28/2006, 11:53 AM
You should call the station and ask them to give out the e-mail addresses of the news anchors so people can complain how about how much those worthless twats make.

News babe and news reader spek!

OUDoc
4/28/2006, 12:19 PM
I'm just gonna drill my own well. Free beer at my house this weekend if you bring your own shovel.

slickdawg
4/28/2006, 12:20 PM
My secretary has plenty of free gas.

Now if we can just get a vehicle that would run on it.

OklahomaTuba
4/28/2006, 12:43 PM
This was a really touching Hugo moment:
http://www.rightwinged.com/images/photoshops/sheevez.jpg

http://www.rightwinged.com/images/photoshops/sheevez2.jpg

Hugo sure does like to wear red.

Mjcpr
4/28/2006, 12:52 PM
http://www.rightwinged.com/images/photoshops/sheevez.jpg

Is that Kelvin Sampson?

:confused:

sooneron
4/28/2006, 12:53 PM
OK South Ovarians . Be sure to read the entire link listed below.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp