The Red Wing bandwagon rolls along.

Scott D
4/28/2006, 12:26 PM

:mad:

SoonerBorn68
5/2/2006, 11:36 AM

Dude, I've been a Wings fan since about 1987 when ESPN first starting showing the NHL. I've been to the Joe and went to St. Louis to see them play the Blues in the Stanley Cup playoffs (game 4) in 1998.

Bandwagon fan I am not. :mad:

However, Edmonton beat them (which seems to happen a lot lately when the Wings win the conference) so on to baseball.

Go Braves!

JohnnyMack
5/2/2006, 11:45 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4b/Golf_ball_ready_for_drive.jpg/300px-Golf_ball_ready_for_drive.jpg

GrapevineSooner
5/2/2006, 12:47 PM
Just funning with you guys. ;)

Want to hold an alternate NHL Western Conference playoffs series?

BeetDigger
5/2/2006, 01:07 PM
Dude, I've been a Wings fan since about 1987 when ESPN first starting showing the NHL. I've been to the Joe and went to St. Louis to see them play the Blues in the Stanley Cup playoffs (game 4) in 1998.

Bandwagon fan I am not. :mad:

However, Edmonton beat them (which seems to happen a lot lately when the Wings win the conference) so on to baseball.

Go Braves!

They do tend to lose when they win the conference don't they? Hard to believe that a team that just destroyed the conference in the regular season ended up losing. I hope the Avs continue to win (as a Detroit fan I know you hate the Avs) but I think it will be Calgary. A Calgary - Edmonton series would be a war. The battle of Alberta.

GrapevineSooner
5/2/2006, 01:44 PM
Hard to believe that a team that just destroyed the conference in the regular season ended up losing.
Shocking loss to be sure.

But also keep in mind they racked up 21 wins against the three worst teams in the conference that also happened to be in their division.

Kind of like how the Stars record is misleading because of all their shootout wins.

BeetDigger
5/2/2006, 02:45 PM
Shocking loss to be sure.

But also keep in mind they racked up 21 wins against the three worst teams in the conference that also happened to be in their division.

Kind of like how the Stars record is misleading because of all their shootout wins.

And here I am predicting the Flames will go on and I find out that they now need a game 7. I haven't followed the other series much, only the Avs-Stars and the Oilers-Red Wings. To your point about the regular season record being misleading, I would say that to a degree, I guess it was. But also, given that all four lower seeded teams in the West (possibly) will win their series, I think it goes to show us that playoff hockey is different than regular season hockey.