PDA

View Full Version : I love game day!

setem
4/27/2006, 11:01 PM
5 years ago my brother in law got himself 4 season tickets. The seats are not the best but are still in the stadium and that is all that matters to me. I moved to Arkansas just about the same time he got the tickets. Before I moved away I went to maybe 2 or 3 games a year. After I moved back from Arkansas my nephew invited me to go to a game. It would be my 1st game in the renovated stadium. I believe the Sooners were playing Bowling Green. Having put away 6 tall boys before the game I was feeling a good buzz as I made my way to our seats. When the Sooners took the field, I was pretty much overwhelmed. I cheered louder than I have ever cheered before. Being part of 84,000 people yelling ooooOOOO---U! was awesome. The one thing I took away from the game though was at half time, when the captains came back out onto the field. Over the PA they played Fat Boy Slim's Right Here, Right Now. I had never heard it before. Not a bad song for half time if you ask me. It may be gay but whenever I hear that song, I get the jitters. They played the song last season and I hope they continue to play it for years to come. Just my take on my Sooner experience.

Beer = Good Game Day

Last season at Bedlam I won my nephew a Bedlam DVD from the year before. He and I both were playing in the 97.9 the animal's contest they have on campus corner. I wad feeding the boy answers so he would feel good about himself. I think we were competing against to lesbians. It was a 1st to 3 contest and the boy had 2 and these girls had 2 each. I only had one and I really didn't care if I won or not. I hit 2 questions in a row to come from behind and win the sonbitch. Good times....good times.... :)

yermom
4/28/2006, 12:25 AM
i was exhausted from working all night before the BGSU game, not a good way to start the season

i get the chills whem i hear the Pride, and to a lesser extent any marching band, especially in the off-season, just kinda takes me back to gameday