PDA

View Full Version : OLinemen recruiting since Stoops has been here

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 06:09 PM
Not a very good rate of keeping these guys

The bolded ones are the ones that ended up staying so far. And I didn't list guys twice so I took out guys that committed but went to JUCO/Prep school. It would have messed up the success rate even more.

Didn't sign one

Howard Duncan
Wes Sims
Cliff Takawana
Vince Carter
Kelvin Chiasson
Jerod Fields
Jacob Hagar
Jon Hawk

Abner Estrada
Davin Joseph
Jeff Lebby
Chris Messner
Steve Taylor

Akim Millington
Antonn Reid
Brian Zimpel

Cameron Schacht
Randy McAdams
JD Quinn
Ben Barresi
Brandon Braxton
Jon Cooper
Brandon Keith
Duke Robinson
Jesse White

It's too early to tell for 2006 class but Roark has already left to Nebraska.

Not counting the last 2 classes since none of those have graduated yet. Only 1 class has had more than half the linemen stay at OU. The 2000 class. Of the 25 linemen listed 13 of em stayed at OU. That's 52% total. But not counting the last 2 classes since none of them have graduated yet. That's 6 of 16. 38%

Some notables not listed. Jammall Brown was listed as a DLineman at the time. Chris Chester and Chris Bush were listed as TE recruits.

BASSooner
4/27/2006, 06:16 PM
well let's start recruiting tight ends and DL so we can put them on the O line:D

auto
4/27/2006, 06:58 PM
what I am curious about, what is the attrition of OL at other schools?

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 07:00 PM
You also missed Brian Simmons who made the move to OL this spring....

okienole3
4/27/2006, 07:03 PM
http://www.seanet.com/~jimxc/Politics/dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

C&CDean
4/27/2006, 07:12 PM
Wow.

This is such a new and exciting topic. I'm so happy that the "Bob Stoops sucks - especially in keeping O-lineman" topic is finally coming to light. Isn't it great that we have this wonderful new topic to discuss during the offseason? Thank you Nick. You're a champ.

BASSooner
4/27/2006, 07:15 PM
yeah some of the best o linemen that we've had under stoops weren't even o linemen out of high school...

goingoneight
4/27/2006, 07:17 PM
No offense to anyone who is affiliated with OL guys or was one before... but aren't OL guys usually... how do I say this? Fat... coming into OU? I really mean no offense by this, but usually 'fat guys' aren't up to the workout ethics of Schmidt. I actually know Brian Zimpel, so don't think I'm trying to disrespect 'Zimp the Pimp' or anyone else who is an OL man. I'm just saying, good offensive linemen are expected to own up to one hardass responsibility to stay in shape, and I don't see a whole lot of 310+ pound guys "liking" to work their asses off just to block the rush.

It's my belief that, yeah... maybe Stoops and Schmidt are in fact-- running off some of these guys, but if their work ethic isn't there, are we happy or sad that they left? Judging by OUr overall offensive performance in the Stoops era, its a concern, but not one that we have struggled with as bad as some programs have...

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 07:19 PM
Wow.

This is such a new and exciting topic. I'm so happy that the "Bob Stoops sucks - especially in keeping O-lineman" topic is finally coming to light. Isn't it great that we have this wonderful new topic to discuss during the offseason? Thank you Nick. You're a champ.

Where exactly did I say "Bob Stoops sucks?" I'm not blaming anyone for the OL attrition.

XingTheRubicon
4/27/2006, 08:01 PM
Where exactly did I say "Bob Stoops sucks?" I'm not blaming anyone for the OL attrition.

Re: Olinemen recruiting since Stoops has been here

sooneron
4/27/2006, 08:08 PM
I think the problem lies within recruiting fewer than four or five every year. See 2003, 2004.

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 08:14 PM
Re: Olinemen recruiting since Stoops has been here

And did I say it was Bob Stoops fault that they were gone? No I didn't blame Stoops for it. I just went back since 1999.

sooneron
4/27/2006, 08:17 PM
... Since that's when you started paying attention to OU football.

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 08:21 PM
I've been paying attention to OU football since I can remember. About 1992 or so. Probably even earlier.

sanantoniosooner
4/27/2006, 08:22 PM
I've been paying attention to OU football since I can remember. About 1992 or so. Probably even earlier.
You should get your money back.

Apparently you didn't get what you paid for.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/27/2006, 08:29 PM
Im saying Schmitty's workouts are too hard for them and they can't handle it, and the one's that stay are usually great.

101sooner
4/27/2006, 08:50 PM
Just go to bed Nick.

Crimson Kid
4/27/2006, 08:59 PM
Nick this thread is a smack in the face to stoops, what did you think people were going to think when reading this?

Why not find something good to point out, besides all this negative crap.

soonercody
4/27/2006, 09:00 PM
The glass is half...

sanantoniosooner
4/27/2006, 09:06 PM
The glass is half...
Nicks more of a "That glass is defective" kind of guy.

okienole3
4/27/2006, 09:07 PM
http://images.cafepress.com/product/37517415_240x240_F.jpg

http://www.cafepress.com/outfitter.37517415

MamaMia
4/27/2006, 09:12 PM
Okay, I'm officially depressed now. :(

Where have all the linemen gone
Long time passing.

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/flowrsgone.htm

101sooner
4/27/2006, 09:47 PM
Okay, I'm officially depressed now. :(

Where have all the linemen gone
Long time passing.

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/flowrsgone.htm

Cheer up. Focus on who stayed. Most of those that did went on to play in the NFL. The year before last, OU's O-line was considered the best in the land pre-season and led OU to an undefeated regular season and Big XII championship.

I'm not sure what happened to those that left.

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 10:03 PM
Nick this thread is a smack in the face to stoops, what did you think people were going to think when reading this?

If I find something good to point out I'll point it out. Not that anyone else would care.

101sooner
4/27/2006, 10:15 PM
Turn off the computer. Go outside and find a person to talk to.

usmc-sooner
4/27/2006, 10:24 PM
The glass is half...

way through Nick's wrist since he realized were going to suck this year:rolleyes:

toast
4/27/2006, 10:31 PM
What's even worse is........

kickers, OMG we are losing them at an astounding rate and we can't keep them on campus!!!!!! DiCarlo, Josh Roberts, now Freeby....what is Stoops going to do?????:rolleyes:

usmc-sooner
4/27/2006, 10:36 PM
What's even worse is........

kickers, OMG we are losing them at an astounding rate and we can't keep them on campus!!!!!! DiCarlo, Josh Roberts, now Freeby....what is Stoops going to do?????:rolleyes:

and what about QB's I mean we've lost that one guy who broke into the house to get his dope back, Brent Rawls, Noah Allen. Stoops runs everyone off. :texan:

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/27/2006, 10:38 PM
If I find something good to point out I'll point it out. Not that anyone else would care.

We would just assume someone cracked your password and it wasn't really you

CoSooner
4/27/2006, 10:39 PM

It’s impressive…. what an original post. :)

toast
4/27/2006, 10:42 PM
and what about QB's I mean we've lost that one guy who broke into the house to get his dope back, Brent Rawls, Noah Allen. Stoops runs everyone off. :texan:

and offensive/defensive coordinators, we can't keep a guy on the sidelines for more than a couple of years and then boom they're gone!!!! I think it's Schmitty's fault, I heard that Leach and Mangino hated running gassers at the end of each practice.

usmc-sooner
4/27/2006, 10:42 PM
what about running back Stoops ran off that kid from Wichita Falls #33, Tashard Choice, and Courtney Tenial

he also ran off Ahmed Kabba, Tristen Ross

what ever will we do about this Nick? Should we fire him now or wait until we go 12-0 but should have lost 9 games?

toast
4/27/2006, 10:45 PM
what about running back Stoops ran off that kid from Wichita Falls #33, Tashard Choice, and Courtney Tenial

he also ran off Ahmed Kabba, Tristen Ross

what ever will we do about this Nick? Should we fire him now or wait until we go 12-0 but should have lost 9 games?

well, the running backs naturally wouldn't stick around with all of the offensive lineman leaving, duh...

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 11:12 PM
Where did I say that Stoops ran players off?

TheGodfather889
4/27/2006, 11:35 PM
That 2000 class would look better if Jammal Brown was on it. But he signed with OU as a defensive lineman.

Funky G
4/28/2006, 10:55 AM

I guess objectivity ends if it's related to a negative about OU? Geez, the crimson colored glasses. The man is making a relevant observation about the status of a position on the team, over time. Whether it's negative or not does not outweigh the facts.

Sooner in Tampa
4/28/2006, 11:59 AM
I guess objectivity ends if it's related to a negative about OU? Geez, the crimson colored glasses. The man is making a relevant observation about the status of a position on the team, over time. Whether it's negative or not does not outweigh the facts.The problem with this thread is that it is OLD and TIRED!!! We have had a hundred of them...we are sick of Nick's ****. He is the most negative Sooner Fan I have ever seen.

We are all unhappy with the attrition rates of the OL, but to start a new thread detailing every OL that have ever left EVERYTIME another leaves is just crap.

soonerhubs
4/28/2006, 12:31 PM
http://images.cafepress.com/product/37517415_240x240_F.jpg

http://www.cafepress.com/outfitter.37517415
Sold

mildpussy
4/28/2006, 12:36 PM
what is old and tired is that this topic always devolves into a sun-shine pumpers vs. pessimists thread. the topic is no less valid than any on this board (and probably moreso than most, since it deals with Sooner Football). as someone always says, you do not have to read the thread if you are tired of the topic. yes, ou will do fine with the coaches they have, but what is wrong with discussing trends in departures?

meantime, i'm curious about the latest incidence is interesting because it appears that stoops and roark agreed that they would not discuss it.

NickZeppelin
4/28/2006, 01:47 PM
The problem with this thread is that it is OLD and TIRED!!! We have had a hundred of them...we are sick of Nick's ****. He is the most negative Sooner Fan I have ever seen.

We are all unhappy with the attrition rates of the OL, but to start a new thread detailing every OL that have ever left EVERYTIME another leaves is just crap.

Just a year ago I was the most positive OU fan ever. Now I'm he most negative. I'm neither negative nor positive. Nor have I ever tried to be either.

okienole3
4/28/2006, 02:26 PM
Just a year ago I was the most positive OU fan ever. Now I'm he most negative. I'm neither negative nor positive. Nor have I ever tried to be either.

Does anyone have a dumbass decoder ring that I can borrow?

soonerboy_odanorth
4/28/2006, 05:19 PM
Can I end this ridiculous re-hash of a very worn out, and by now, BORING frickin' subject with this one small observation:

It is going to be a laugh riot in 2007 watching DeMarcus Granger and Gerald McCoy stomp a gigantic mud-hole in a certain Nebraska fat-body Blake disciple from Ada, Oklahoma.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/28/2006, 05:20 PM
I almost forgot to add:

WOOT!

CoSooner
4/28/2006, 05:35 PM
... end this ridiculous re-hash of a very worn out, and by now, BORING frickin' subject ...

amen

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/28/2006, 06:05 PM
apparently alot of you people like what Nick has to say. Every other day the kid is back to full green spek.......I don't get it ?

picasso
4/28/2006, 07:03 PM
Nick, it's your mantra dude. You've been putting out this negative vibe for nearly a year now and then you start a thread about how many O linemen we've lost since Stoops has been here?

:eddie:

NickZeppelin
4/28/2006, 09:04 PM
If things turn around I'll be more positive. We'll see what happens.

okienole3
4/28/2006, 09:46 PM

But I thought you were neither positive nor negative!

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2006, 10:05 PM
I'm positive that Nick's negative.

soonerhubs
4/28/2006, 11:22 PM
Don't worry Nick it's not like you're the barometer everyone is counting on! :rolleyes:

tulsaoilerfan
4/28/2006, 11:38 PM
Have any of the guys that left contributed at any other college? They all have disappeared off the face of the earth, so it's doubtful ANY of them would have contributed at OU.

John

Crimson Kid
4/28/2006, 11:42 PM
Im not a sunshine pumper or a nick, im in the middle, i see the good and bead in our team.

Nick on the other hand seems to just post negative stuff, i would'nt mind nick's post some much if every now and then he went to the flip side.

Sooner in Tampa
4/29/2006, 10:43 AM
Im not a sunshine pumper or a nick, im in the middle, i see the good and bead in our team.:confused: