PDA

View Full Version : Woman uses nail clippers in desert birth

Crimson_Balls
4/27/2006, 05:00 PM
An 18-year-old woman who gave birth in the desert used nail clippers to cut her baby girl's umbilical cord before being rescued by U.S. Border Patrol agents, authorities said Wednesday.

The woman was spotted Monday night by a Border Patrol helicopter pilot about 25 miles north of the border, said Ron Bellavia, commander of the agency's search, trauma and rescue operations in the Tucson sector.

The woman, believed to be an illegal immigrant, was with two other people, and all appeared in distress, agents said. Her nationality was not immediately known.

She was taken by helicopter to University Medical Center in Tucson, Bellavia said. Her daughter was carried on a four-wheel-drive vehicle about five miles to a road, where an ambulance transported her the hospital.

A hospital spokeswoman said mother and daughter were in good condition Wednesday.

Pricetag
4/27/2006, 05:02 PM
When will they be deporting them?

Mjcpr
4/27/2006, 05:03 PM
The woman, believed to be an illegal immigrant, was with two other people, and all appeared in distress, agents said. Her nationality was not immediately known.

Can you update us when they find out for sure if she's an illegal immigrant or not?

Thanks.

TheBobbyTrain
4/27/2006, 05:04 PM
When will they be deporting them?

if the child was proven to be born on US soil, then never.

Crimson_Balls
4/27/2006, 05:05 PM
This just in:

She's American.... vacationing across the border.... for spring break.

Jimminy Crimson
4/27/2006, 05:08 PM
she probably birthed little pancho in mexico and carried the baby across with the umbilical cord intact

send 'em back!

sanantoniosooner
4/27/2006, 05:15 PM
There was a shortage of nail clippers when I was born and I didn't get the cord cut for a month.

Jimminy Crimson
4/27/2006, 05:21 PM
There was a shortage of nail clippers when I was born and I didn't get the cord cut for a month.

that explains the outtie :eddie:

IronSooner
4/27/2006, 05:23 PM

That'd be a nice little trick. I'm surprised more of them don't do that - just crawl across the border, pop out your kid on US soil and BAM - one of you is now a citizen.

Jimminy Crimson
4/27/2006, 05:27 PM
That'd be a nice little trick. I'm surprised more of them don't do that - just crawl across the border, pop out your kid on US soil and BAM - one of you is now a citizen.

that's a law that has got to change :mad:

MamaMia
4/27/2006, 05:40 PM
Native American women would just bite the cord off. :P

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 05:41 PM

I think they are looking into a change, like establishing some kind of residency here for "x" amount of months.

StoopTroup
4/27/2006, 05:49 PM
This just in:

She's American.... vacationing across the border.... for spring break.

Natalie Holloway?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/Natalee_Holloway_yearbook_photo.jpg/150px-Natalee_Holloway_yearbook_photo.jpg

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2006, 05:50 PM

It's nothing new, they do it every freaking day.

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 05:50 PM

I'd make an exception in this case. With a life story like that you just know that kid's gonna grow up to be the next Chuck Norris or Vin Diesel--Ultimate Badass.

IronSooner
4/27/2006, 05:56 PM
It's nothing new, they do it every freaking day.

I have no doubt. I just have this awful mental picture of a bunch of pregnant messicans lined up along the river, doubled over and shooting babies out like cannonballs over onto the US side. It'd be swell if we could just lob them back. Or do something with teflon.

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 06:01 PM
I just have this awful mental picture of a bunch of pregnant messicans lined up along the river, doubled over and shooting babies out like cannonballs over onto the US side. It'd be swell if we could just lob them back. Or do something with teflon.

I think they tried this on Mythbusters one time....

IB4OU2
4/27/2006, 06:05 PM
We are talking about human beings here aren't we? :(

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 06:07 PM
We are talking about human beings here aren't we? :(

No, Mexicans.

KIDDING! Don't neg me. :eek:

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 06:19 PM

It would require a Constitutional amendment. I doubt you could get the required supermajority 2/3rds of both houses of Congress, nor could get 3/4th's of the states to ratify.

Therefore: Since 1789: born here = citizen.

I can't imagine it ever changing, especially since whichever party was in power when it passed the Congress (whether or not it was subsequently ratified by the states,) would never get another Latino vote evar.:eek:

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2006, 06:22 PM
It would require a Constitutional amendment. I doubt you could get the required supermajority 2/3rds of both houses of Congress, nor could get 3/4th's of the states to ratify.

Therefore: Since 1789: born here = citizen.

I can't imagine it ever changing, especially since whichever party was in power when it passed the Congress (whether or not it was subsequently ratified by the states,) would never get another Latino vote evar.:eek:

We don't need to change it, nothing wrong with it. We just need to control our mother ****ing borders. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 06:23 PM

Yep, all you gotta do is be born on American soil, and blammo, more tax burden.

Crimson_Balls
4/27/2006, 06:25 PM
We could build a big wall acroos the Rio Grande to keep 'em out....however, walls never work. The Berlin wall, the Great Wall of China.... they didn't last.

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 06:32 PM
Yep, all you gotta do is be born on American soil, and blammo, more tax burden.

Born-and-bred Americans are responsible for shooting out far more tax burdens than illegals. I think we need more Americans who are willing to walk miles and miles across a desert for a job, and less Americans who sit on their *** all day waiting for a check from the gubmint. Maybe we can work out an exchange program.

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 06:38 PM
I agree we need to secure our southern border.

Here's the thing though. People need to steel themselves to the simple fact that in order to do that, we must be willing to kill people. Maybe lots of people in the beginning. Men, women and children.

I'm down with it because I think the stakes are worth it, but if we aren't willing to kill people over this, it is simply doomed to fail.

I promise.

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 06:44 PM
We could build a big wall acroos the Rio Grande to keep 'em out....however, walls never work. The Berlin wall, the Great Wall of China.... they didn't last.

They worked as long as they were manned by people with orders to shoot to kill.

Sure, I've been to Berlin and the museum they have there showcasing notorious examples of folks who made it over, under, or through the wall. What? Maybe 50 people in nearly 50 years?

Even if we had an average of one guy making it thru per 10 miles of fence per year, that would be a pretty durn airtight wall.

What made it airtight were the machinegun towers, blockhouses, mines and multiple layers of concertina wire, remote sensors, canine and foot patrols.

I have no reason to believe we wouldn't have to do the same thing along the Rio Grande, thru the southern desert states all the way to San Diego.

Tiptonsooner
4/27/2006, 08:37 PM
I like the way you think Homey, when you running for office?

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2006, 08:50 PM
I agree we need to secure our southern border.

Here's the thing though. People need to steel themselves to the simple fact that in order to do that, we must be willing to kill people. Maybe lots of people in the beginning. Men, women and children.

I'm down with it because I think the stakes are worth it, but if we aren't willing to kill people over this, it is simply doomed to fail.

I promise.

I agree that's the only way to do it effectively. Station a Marine sniper every 1000 yards or so would probably take care of it. Probably wouldn't even need any expensive fences or anything, just towers.

It'll never happen of course, but if any large scale terrorist attacks occur in the States that can be traced back to the Mexican border, all bets are off.