Crimson_Balls
4/27/2006, 04:54 PM
You must pass reputation around before you neg spek SicEmBaylor again

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 05:00 PM
steven colbert has a countdown

OklahomaTuba
4/27/2006, 05:34 PM
I bet Iran, North Korea, Syria, The Taliban and AQ do as well.

NormanPride
4/27/2006, 05:36 PM
:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/27/2006, 05:47 PM
Jed Fer Prez?

soonerscuba
4/27/2006, 05:58 PM
On January 20th, 2009.

Unless Al Franken can get in his "quicky impeachment" in that the senate is inaugurated before the POTUS. ;)

usmc-sooner
4/27/2006, 06:15 PM
4 more years

StoopTroup
4/27/2006, 06:17 PM
Jeb?

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 06:21 PM
I'll miss the Bushmaster. Bad guys blow up two of our buildings? We blow up two of their flippin' countries! That's how Bushy rolls! w00t!

StoopTroup
4/27/2006, 06:23 PM
I won't be happy until they finish building the "Bush Towers" to replace the WTC.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 06:24 PM
I won't be happy until they finish building the "Bush Towers" to replace the WTC.

Speaking of, what ever became of the grand plans to build a new building at the WTC site?

soonerscuba
4/27/2006, 06:25 PM
I'll miss the Bushmaster. Bad guys blow up two of our buildings? We blow up two of their flippin' countries! That's how Bushy rolls! w00t!

You know I mean no harm, but how many of hell's favorite residents that flew planes into us were Iraqi?

I'll give credit where credit is due on the Afganistan operation.

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 06:26 PM
Speaking of, what ever became of the grand plans to build a new building at the WTC site?

They're building it. Relax. These things take time. It's flippin' Manhattan and there are construction and cartage unions involved. sheesh.;)

soonerscuba
4/27/2006, 06:27 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath on the Bush anything in NYC, that is kinda like me holding out for the William Jefferson Clinton Oklahoma Memorial turnpike and tittay bar (well, maybe the tittay bar).

StoopTroup
4/27/2006, 06:30 PM
I think GW will look great on the new penny.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/_icons/Bush-Liar.jpeg

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 06:30 PM
You know I mean no harm, but how many of hell's favorite residents that flew planes into us were Iraqi?

I'll give credit where credit is due on the Afganistan operation.

Well, I guess he could have blowed-up Saudi, but we had a bone to pick with Iraq, and after all, it has been a fantastically productive and efficient means of slaughtering tens of thousands of jihaadists drawn there like moths to a porch light on a warm summer evening.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/27/2006, 06:34 PM
Well, I guess he could have blowed-up Saudi, but we had a bone to pick with Iraq, and after all, it has been a fantastically productive and efficient means of slaughtering tens of thousands of jihaadists drawn there like moths to a porch light on a warm summer evening.Our lefty buddies don't want to look at it that way.

soonerscuba
4/27/2006, 06:35 PM
Well, I guess he could have blowed-up Saudi, but we had a bone to pick with Iraq, and after all, it has been a fantastically productive and efficient means of slaughtering tens of thousands of jihaadists drawn there like moths to a porch light on a warm summer evening.

I just have my doubts as to whether or not they were terrorists before we got there. Sure some of them were, but an occupation does funny things to people, my biggest fear comes when that 5 year old that lost his parents at our hands gets crazy on glue and Mohammad and comes for his revenge on the great satan in 20 years.

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 07:31 PM
I just have my doubts as to whether or not they were terrorists before we got there. Sure some of them were, but an occupation does funny things to people, my biggest fear comes when that 5 year old that lost his parents at our hands gets crazy on glue and Mohammad and comes for his revenge on the great satan in 20 years.

I hear ya bro, but by that logic, there would have been Japanese, German and Italians coming over here to kill Americans in 1965.

OklahomaTuba
4/27/2006, 09:16 PM
I just have my doubts as to whether or not they were terrorists before we got there.
Wow, talk about head in the sand. Did you happen to read anything about Iraq prior to us invading? Salmon Pak ring a bell? Ansar Al Islam maybe?

Even those facts are beyond the point. The facts clearly showed Saddam was funding terrorism, trying to buy stuff for nukes, had WMD at one point, offered safe haven to Osama, etc.

These things are facts and cannot be disputed.

yermom
4/27/2006, 10:47 PM
i don't think he was saying there weren't any there before, but we were a good recuiting tool for more

jacru
4/27/2006, 10:53 PM
I think GW will look great on the new penny.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/_icons/Bush-Liar.jpeg
Looks like a Clinton penny with that Pinocchio schnozz.

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/27/2006, 10:58 PM
An old Army friend of mine died on 9/11 in the Pentagon. Col. Harmon didn't die in the explosion. She died when she went in to help evacuate survivors and a roof collapsed on her.

Like a lot of folks, I sometimes wonder if what we did in Iraq was the right thing. Then I remember what Col. Harmon stood for, and I go right back to sleep.

The WMD's are in Syria.

They're next.

EDIT: I wonder if the real goal of invading Iraq was to make the wacko terrorists fight us on their land, rather than ours. It seems to be a black hole for wackos to go holler ALLAH AKBAR, and then die. Works for me.

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2006, 11:07 PM
When I voted for the first time as an 18 year old senior in HS for George W. Bush in 2000 I did so, in part, because I truly believed even back then that he would go to war with Iraq if elected.

At that time of course our pilots were behing shot at on an almost daily basis in the No-Fly Zone by Iraq. Hussein was playing cat and mouse with UN weapons inspectors making almost no effort to be cooperative. I really believed that George W. Bush if given enough justification would go to war with Iraq and dispel of Hussein once and for all, and I wasn't disappointed.

However, after 9/11 I put that aside in favor of invading Iran. I really believed that Iran posed the larger threat to our nation than Iraq, and I expected us to invade Iran after the Afghanistan operation had wound up. Now, of course that didn't happen and as long as American troops are in combat anywhere in the world then I will support them and their mission 200%.

However, if we're going to combat international terrorism it may not have been the best policy to immediately depose a non-fundamentalist secular leader who keeps a tight grip and firm control over the more religous elements in the country. My fear is that at the end of the day Iraq will denegrate into an islamic fundamentalist regime in step with neighboring nuclear armed Iran.

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 11:09 PM
An old Army friend of mine died on 9/11 in the Pentagon. Col. Harmon didn't die in the explosion. She died when she went in to help evacuate survivors and a roof collapsed on her.

Like a lot of folks, I sometimes wonder if what we did in Iraq was the right thing. Then I remember what Col. Harmon stood for, and I go right back to sleep.

The WMD's are in Syria.

They're next.

EDIT: I wonder if the real goal of invading Iraq was to make the wacko terrorists fight us on their land, rather than ours. It seems to be a black hole for wackos to go holler ALLAH AKBAR, and then die. Works for me.

Wars are ideally best fought as "away" games.

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2006, 11:12 PM
Aye, as a Unionist you know that fact quite well. ;-)
Kidding..sort of :D

OklahomaTuba
4/27/2006, 11:15 PM
It could be a bad thing if we aren't successful.

And if we are, it could be a very good thing. Who knows.

But the fact still stands that we had more justification legally and morally to invade Iraq and defeat Saddam than we did to participate in the Spanish American War, the Mexican War, World War 1, Korea and Vietnam combined.

He violated the cease fire with us, he broke the UN resolutions, he destroyed the UN's cred, he funded and engaged in terrorism, he plotted against the US, he sought the stuff to make nukes, he committed genocide with WMD, shot missiles at Isreal, threatened Saudi Arabia and on and on and on.

And lets not forget, it was CLINTON who signed the IRAQI LIBERATION ACT and had Zinni draw up invasion plans.

Clinton got the ball rolling, 9/11 just made it all that more urgent.

sooneron
4/27/2006, 11:18 PM
So they should name them after the guy upon who's watch the towers went down in the first place? Or maybe after the guy that "got" the guy that was in charge of the whole thing. oops.

OklahomaTuba
4/27/2006, 11:23 PM
If the leftists like the ACLU and other great liberal Americans would have not tried to make ground zero into a blame America museum showcasing and blaming the US for 9/11 and every other bad thing in the history of the world, then it might be well under construction by now.

Thank GOD the 9/11 familes stepped in to stop that BS.

GulfCoastBamaFan
Look, Osama bin Laden goes on Arabian TV and yah-yah's about how the end is near, and instead of attacking us with fully fueled jet planes (or worse), he loads a bus or two full of fertilizer and nails a bunch of Egyptians.

I fail to see the problem. Unless you're fond of Egyptians.

SicEmBaylor
So they should name them after the guy upon who's watch the towers went down in the first place? Or maybe after the guy that "got" the guy that was in charge of the whole thing. oops.

How is it that liberals pin 9/11 which was an operation that had been in the planning for years on a President who had been in office for less than 9 months, but give a pass to the previous guy who had the first WTC bombing, Khobar towers, Somalia, the embassy bombings, the Cole attack, etc. go down under his watch of 8 years?

sooneron
4/27/2006, 11:27 PM
They're building it. Relax. These things take time. It's flippin' Manhattan and there are construction and cartage unions involved. sheesh.;)
Uh yeah, THAT'S furthest from the truth. You could also blame republican mayor Bloomberg for his unwillingness to work with Silverstein the uber business development dude and the weak assed response by the Republican governor Pataki when he refused to step in on the matter of getting things moving.
Please, keep propagandizing that it's the evil liberal unions that are corrupt.

and yes, I saw your winky. I just wanted people to know what is REALLY going on as the project FINALLY got under way today!

The process has taken far too long and it the fault of the governing bodies and the LMDC/Silverstein.

OklahomaTuba
4/27/2006, 11:27 PM
Clinton had more to do with 9/11 happening that Bush ever did. Not to absolve Bush, but 8 months vs 8 years??? Please.

Clinton was offered Osama 4 times by Sudan?

Not ONE response to the previous attacks at all.

Sickening.

sooneron
4/27/2006, 11:28 PM
How is it that liberals pin 9/11 which was an operation that had been in the planning for years on a President who had been in office for less than 9 months, but give a pass to the previous guy who had the first WTC bombing, Khobar towers, Somalia, the embassy bombings, the Cole attack, etc. go down under his watch of 8 years?
I'm sorry grape juice drinker, where in the **** did I say name something after Clinton? I must have missed that one.

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/27/2006, 11:29 PM

Absolutely true.

But I live in flyover country, so my opinion doesn't count.

Crimson_Balls
11/4/2008, 10:12 PM
A bad night for the Republican party.

I thought I would repost SO's thoughts about politics in April of '06.

OklahomaTuba
11/4/2008, 10:20 PM
I have to say, I'm really disappointed in my friends down at Diebold Corp.

VeeJay
11/4/2008, 10:57 PM
I haven't seen or heard anything about the Bush 43 Presidential Library. Would this be a serious effort, if one were to be constructed?

OklahomaTuba
11/4/2008, 10:59 PM
Last I heard it was going to be at SMU.

Rogue
11/5/2008, 05:44 AM

Khobar Towers? What. The. F@#$. Ever.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: