PDA

View Full Version : I really like my neighborhood....MOSTLY.

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 04:37 PM
the rest of the neighborhood looks very nice, except for the one right across the street.

You might remember this neighbor from the
"Channel 4 News is parked outside my house" Thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45870)

Anyway, here's the view from our house right now:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8392/labeledyard5yo.jpg

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 04:39 PM
actually, that drowned cat face kinda looks like the lady who lives there.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/27/2006, 04:40 PM
I didn't know you were my neighbor. Sorry.

Howzit
4/27/2006, 04:40 PM
Did you put the lawn care sign from YOUR YARD in THEIR YARD?

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 04:41 PM
Why is your lawn care sign in her yard?

EDIT: Whoever is responsible for the mowing portion of your lawn care needs to get after it. :P

Howzit
4/27/2006, 04:43 PM

Back off man, this is my question.

;)

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 04:43 PM
You need to submit that to the Blue Collar TV "redneck yard of the month"

Crimson_Balls
4/27/2006, 04:44 PM
Who has a washer in their driveway?

You might be a redneck.

GottaHavePride
4/27/2006, 04:47 PM

EDIT: Whoever is responsible for the mowing portion of your lawn care needs to get after it. :P

Dammit, I haven't been home long enough to change out the oil in the lawnmower yet. I might get to that tomorrow. At least there aren't any weeds!

Oh, and PG failed to note the brilliant shiny new wheels on the rusted out POS in the street. And the POS in the driveway across the street hasn't moved in the two years we've been living here.

Partial Qualifier
4/27/2006, 04:48 PM
That's not just ANY kid's toy car... it's a Cozy Coupe! With the steering wheel intact, no less

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 04:50 PM
WTF?

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9905/howzitfark11nh.jpg

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 04:51 PM
i'm assuming the little brats across the street moved our sign to their yard.

I also didn't include their 2 retard dogs in the picture.

toast
4/27/2006, 04:51 PM
Who has a washer in their driveway?

You might be a redneck.

My guess would be that the washing machine is holding up the garage door.;)

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 04:55 PM
Its a fine looking tree, you gotta admit. Although, who plants a tree in the middle of the yard? Off the corners people. Off the corners. You want to frame the house, not hide it. Although, perhaps in their case hiding it is better.

mdklatt
shiny new wheels on the rusted out POS in the street

Maybe they're trying to sell it and they wanted to triple its value.

proud gonzo
that garage door has not opened even once in the two years we've been here

Partial Qualifier
4/27/2006, 04:56 PM
And you prolly dont want to see it opened :D

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 04:57 PM
Its a fine looking tree, you gotta admit.

when they don't have clothes hanging from it.

And i'm not even kidding. They had a yard sale a couple weeks ago and hung a bunch of clothes from the tree. And they didnt' bring them inside at night. just left all the stuff out there.

GottaHavePride
4/27/2006, 05:00 PM
Although, who plants a tree in the middle of the yard?

Apparently whoever was the developer of this neighborhood does, because every house out here has a tree right in front of the house except ours.

oumartin
4/27/2006, 05:01 PM
might I say you need to get out and edge your sidewalk ;)

Mjcpr
4/27/2006, 05:01 PM
Nice. You gotta love neighbors like that and there's one (at least) in every 'hood.

Ain't that right, Booty?

Jimminy Crimson
4/27/2006, 05:03 PM
Call the City of Norman.

They'll come out there and slap some code violations on the beyonces.

At the least, the pile o sheet, warsh machine and car on blocks will either be moved at will or by force.

Partial Qualifier
4/27/2006, 05:04 PM
Ain't that right, Booty?

You're damn right! Oh wait...

yeah that sucks. Had neighbors like that, for sure. Do y'all own that property, PG?

GottaHavePride
4/27/2006, 05:05 PM

I know! Sonofa....

Update: Hillbilly, Sr. just picked up the washing machine with a dolly and rolled it into their backyard. Well, at any rate to the back side of whatever it is they're using as a fence. Oh, and while he was doing that he was wearing a t-shirt, jeans, suspenders to hold up his jeans, and sandals.

Partial Qualifier
4/27/2006, 05:06 PM
So, he reads soonerfans.... hmm

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 05:07 PM
I know! Sonofa....

Update: Hillbilly, Sr. just picked up the washing machine with a dolly and rolled it into their backyard. Well, at any rate to the back side of whatever it is they're using as a fence. Oh, and while he was doing that he was wearing a t-shirt, jeans, suspenders to hold up his jeans, and sandals.
i don't think i'd recognize him if i saw him wear something different.

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 05:07 PM

I love it, a thread about PG and GHP's neighbors becomes a thread giving crap to GHP about his lawn care. :texan:

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 05:08 PM
By the way, where'd you get that cool camera that labels stuff? I want one.

GottaHavePride
4/27/2006, 05:10 PM
I love it, a thread about PG and GHP's neighbors becomes a thread giving crap to GHP about his lawn care. :texan:

I'm practicing laissez-faire lawn care. I figure if it's valid as an economic policy... ;)

Mjcpr
4/27/2006, 05:11 PM
I bet they take good care of their lawn in the summertime, right?

fadada1
4/27/2006, 06:03 PM
at least the tree is green.

although, it does look a bit sicker than the neighbor's.

IB4OU2
4/27/2006, 06:13 PM
I know! Sonofa....

He's a creative Hillbilly. He's making a planter out of the warsher....them marigolds will look real perty in it.

royalfan5
4/27/2006, 06:16 PM
If that yard had more cars sitting in, it would look a lot like my parents. Of course they live in sticks so it really doesn't matter because nobody that isn't doing the same thing with their yard sees it.

SoonerInKCMO
4/27/2006, 06:54 PM
Pfft. That'd be the fancy, sophisticated high-roller house back in my old 'hood.

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 07:15 PM
Too bad they don't have a "happy little tire swing" in that sycamore.

walkoffsooner
4/27/2006, 08:03 PM
could be hippy's not hillbilly's sandals and all. total different breed

sooneron
4/27/2006, 08:39 PM
I really think that Norman could benefit from the no cars parked on the street from 1AM to 6AM rule.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/27/2006, 09:22 PM
My parents used to have neighbors like that. Crap all over the yard, weeds all growing. One time the daughter got locked out of the house so she broke a window. They covered it up with a piece of plywood that remained there for 2 years.

The house was finally reposessed, and when those people moved out of the house, a realtor friend of ours let us in the house. I have never seen a house so nasty. The bathtub was black with mildew. It was so bad, even the roaches were dead. They ended up having to sell it for cheap and gutting the whole thing.

sooneron
4/27/2006, 09:25 PM
I'm willing to bet that this story covers 3/4 's of the houses between McGee and Berry in the Boyd to LIndsey area.

MamaMia
4/27/2006, 09:29 PM
the rest of the neighborhood looks very nice, except for the one right across the street.

You might remember this neighbor from the
"Channel 4 News is parked outside my house" Thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45870)

Anyway, here's the view from our house right now:I feel your pain proud gonzo. We have some new neighbors that keep decorating their lawn with cheap looking things like plastic planters, a plaster bird bath, some hanging twirly things and one of those sticks a plant hangs from. Its just a matter of time before the get a flock of pink flamingos. :(

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2006, 09:40 PM
:sigh: My parents are pretty bad about that kind of thing. My dad is letting vines grow around the house becuase it looks "neat", and I had to stop my mother from putting out a flock of pink flamingos last time I was home.

(By the way they're both proud Poke graduates)

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 10:18 PM
i wouldn't have a big problem if they just had an ugly/messy yard. or if they were in one of those dumpy neighborhoods by the train tracks. But they're not. They're in a neighborhood that aside from occasionally smelling like sh*t is really nice.

Jimminy Crimson
4/27/2006, 11:19 PM
I'm willing to bet that this story covers 3/4 's of the houses between McGee and Berry in the Boyd to LIndsey area.

It'd be hard to find a house similar to that in the area you described. Most houses in that hood are nicely maintained.

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 11:22 PM
yeah--maybe he's thinking of are between the tracks and porter, from robinson to main

Jimminy Crimson
4/27/2006, 11:31 PM
yeah--maybe he's thinking of are between the tracks and porter, from robinson to main

Fo real.

Or between Robinson and Main and Flood to Berry.

The area around campus is purtey.

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 11:36 PM
no kidding. you know how much houses around there cost?? :eek: they're insane! that's why i don't live near campus.

Jimminy Crimson
4/27/2006, 11:41 PM
you know how much houses around there cost?

Yes. :O

sooneron
4/27/2006, 11:44 PM
Nope, take a drive on Avondale, just east of Whittier . Used to be decent, not so much now.

Mongo
4/27/2006, 11:44 PM
Just sling a molotov cocktail into that tree. The rest will work itself out.:D

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 11:46 PM
yeah, the crazy lady would shoot me and I wouldn't have to look at the yard anymore

Ike
4/27/2006, 11:51 PM
If it weren't for the fact that it wasn't so close to the waste treatment plant, I'd really think that PG lives in the house I used to rent in Norman.

sooneron
4/27/2006, 11:57 PM
Oh, and check out the house on Wylie at the intersection of W Brooks. You can't miss it. You think YOUR neighbor's bad....
This board would have a field day with that place.

Jimminy Crimson
4/28/2006, 12:04 AM
ron, i wasn't paying attention to the berry to mcgee part.

i agree a lot of those houses have similar probs. i know the one you're talking about at wylie and brooks. wierd dude. i'll try to get a picture and post it, only problem is, every time i pass by, he's in the yard. creepy!

slickdawg
4/28/2006, 12:08 AM
I liked my neighborhood until I had asshat neighbors move in and I had
to move the fence.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2006, 12:37 AM
I liked my neighborhood until I had asshat neighbors move in and I had
to move the fence.

I feel you; I seem to attract asshats.

Jimminy Crimson
4/28/2006, 12:38 AM
I feel you; I seem to bisexual sk8er chicks.

:cool:

Sooner in Tampa
4/28/2006, 07:13 AM
After reading this entire thread...I am stoked that I have a GREAT 'hood. My neighbor is one of my best friends...we even put a swing gate on the fence in our back yards so that we can get back and forth easier.

Yeah cool neighbors!!!!

sooneron
4/28/2006, 07:28 AM
I have neighbors that routinely do the criss cross lawn mowing action.

As far as the neighborhood I mentioned, I used to ride my bike to Whittier everyday through that neighborhood. Let's just say that is was the Carter/Reagan years.. The area I mentioned had well taken care of homes. I continued to use the Brooks to Avondale to Brooks to SW 24th route whenever I wanted to beat the Lindsey traffic (used to work pretty well). That area appeared down so bad that the last time I went that way, I decided to never do it again as I was too depressed. Kind of like my Grandmother's old house in Bartlesville.

BeetDigger
4/28/2006, 08:38 AM
I have neighbors that routinely do the criss cross lawn mowing action.

Need.

a.

life.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/28/2006, 01:07 PM
Nice. You gotta love neighbors like that and there's one (at least) in every 'hood.

Ain't that right, Booty?

Whoo-boy...you ain't kidding.

You should see the winnahs that moved into the Truck Hidin' Neighbor's house.

Jebus...:eddie:

Fugue
4/28/2006, 01:09 PM
Booty, whatever happened to the guy that was gonna "light this motherf.. up"?

sooneron
4/28/2006, 01:10 PM
Need.

a.

life.
I do the diagonal every once in a while, but not criss cross.

IB4OU2
4/28/2006, 01:11 PM

Hey I lived in one of those houses about 45 years ago.......:(

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/28/2006, 01:16 PM
Booty, whatever happened to the guy that was gonna "light this motherf.. up"?

Ahhh - I'm glad you asked.

Remember the five guys that killed that other guy in his front yard last year?

Yeah - that was them. A drug deal gone bad.

Fugue
4/28/2006, 01:17 PM
Ahhh - I'm glad you asked.

Remember the five guys that killed that other guy in his front yard last year?

Yeah - that was them. A drug deal gone bad.

:eek:

Mjcpr
4/28/2006, 01:20 PM
You should see the winnahs that moved into the Truck Hidin' Neighbor's house.

I bet it's a rental.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/28/2006, 01:39 PM
Yep.

And it used to be a very nice house. Once it turned into a rental property it just...sad...pants...

sooneron
4/28/2006, 01:43 PM
One thing I'll give Calonkey credit for, is that most or all of his rent houses keep up OK.

proud gonzo
4/28/2006, 02:05 PM
Hey I lived in one of those houses about 45 years ago.......:(
oh, i'm sure they might have been hice 45 years ago but now they're crap. complete crap. GHP lived there for a year and then Iggy lived there. it's a scary place.

Rhino
4/30/2006, 11:07 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, the crap next to the street is for Big Trash Day.

proud gonzo
4/30/2006, 01:01 PM
probably so, but 1. I never heard anything about that and 2. they put theirs out WAY before anyone else in the neighborhood.