PDA

View Full Version : Good Or Bad Strategy By Immigrants And Their Advocates?

FaninAma
4/27/2006, 04:22 PM
http://www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en

Personally I am in favor of some limited amnesty program but it's irritating that , IMO, these groups are trying to pressure this country into granting amnesty.

The more demonstrations these groups organize the more I'm starting to lean the other way.

crawfish
4/27/2006, 04:26 PM
The problem is that the leaders of the demonstrations are lying to the demonstrators. It would be tough to organize that kind of thing if they were told the truth.

Ike
4/27/2006, 04:26 PM
they are certainly pushing their luck asking for full amnesty for everyone. However, if they wanted to push for a real pathway to citizenship for people that are here illegally and contributing to society, I'd have no problem hearing them out.

Partial Qualifier
4/27/2006, 04:28 PM
The more demonstrations these groups organize the more I'm starting to lean the other way.

Seems like that sums up most everyone else's view on this, from what I can tell. I think it could backfire on the illegals, I know of at least on building contractor whose told his subs "If you take the 1st off, you better plan on not ever coming back".

Your built-in expendability doesn't help your leverage, yo.

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2006, 04:34 PM
Since all this crap started, illegal border crossings are estimated to have tripled. Shut the mother ****ing god damn border down then we can talk about these people that are already here.

If they continue to ramp up these demonstrations and attempt to shut down cities, I'm afraid things are gonna get out of control and very ugly.

Okla-homey
4/27/2006, 04:37 PM
Since all this crap started, illegal border crossings are estimated to have tripled. Shut the mother ****ing god damn border down then we can talk about these people that are already here.

If they continue to ramp up these demonstrations and attempt to shut down cities, I'm afraid things are gonna get out of control and very ugly.

Yep, I imagine if you were sitting down their contemplating heading NOB, you would probably kick it into high gear and get on up here just in case the US gubmint does decide to make the border secure.

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 04:38 PM
It turns out that claiming that you deserve to be an American while waving a Mexican flag isn't very persuasive. Who knew?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/27/2006, 06:26 PM
It turns out that claiming that you deserve to be an American while waving a Mexican flag isn't very persuasive. Who knew?Yeah, that action amused me from the first protest march. Our rino senator McCain was busy telling protest organizers they might want to rethink the Mex. flag stuff. Sure enough, very few were seen in the marches of April 10, or whenever the last one was.