PDA

View Full Version : So, I was talking to one of my girlfriends...

MamaMia
4/27/2006, 01:40 PM
...of 39 years today and she said "Oh, I volunteered you to send my sister in laws little boy to football camp instead of the the first kid I told you about."

You see, I'm already helping by going halfies to send her grandson and one of his teammates to the OU football camp. There was another teammate that she told me about who would like to go to camp. I looked him up on their team website, and got my heart all set on finding a way to send him. I even copied his photo and put in on my fridge as incentive.

I scraped up the money and called her to give her the go ahead to contact the teammate so we could enroll him at which time she informs me that she wants me to give her the money to send her husbands sisters son instead who isnt even a player on the team I care about.

For the first time in 39 years I finally stood up to her and said "No." If she wants to send her nephew by marriage, whom I have never even met, then she needs to raise the money herself. I have my heart set on sending the Packer kid. She didnt like my response. :(

Osce0la
4/27/2006, 01:42 PM
...of 39 years today and she said "Oh, I volunteered you to send my sister in laws little boy to football camp instead of the the first kid I told you about."

You see, I'm already helping by going halfies to send her grandson and one of his teammates to the OU football camp. There was another teammate that she told me about who would like to go to camp. I looked him up on their team website, and got my heart all set on finding a way to send him. I even copied his photo and put in on my fridge as incentive.

I scraped up the money and called her to give her the go ahead to contact the teammate so we could enroll him at which time she informs me that she wants me to give her the money to send her husbands sisters son instead who isnt even a player on the team I care about.

For the first time in 39 years I finally stood up to her and said "No." If she wants to send her nephew by marriage, whom I have never even met, then she needs to raise the money herself. I have my heart set on sending the Packer kid. She didnt like my response. :(
Good call IMO

NormanPride
4/27/2006, 01:45 PM
'Spek for standing up to her. That's hard to do, and you should feel good.

walkoffsooner
4/27/2006, 01:46 PM
You must have a heart of gold to let someone step on you for 39 years.You are are true friend.Don't give back in take a little for a change.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 01:48 PM
WAY TO GO MOM!!!!!!

SPEK!!

Mjcpr
On a side note, I'll be going to OU's football camp this summer too.

And good for you for standing up to her.

MamaMia
You must have a heart of gold to let someone step on you for 39 years.You are are true friend.Don't give back in take a little for a change.

Are you sure? She said that it shouldnt matter to me what kid I send to camp, but it does. :O

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 01:54 PM
Are you sure? She said that it shouldnt matter to me what kid I send to camp, but it does. :O

If she's so hell bent on him going, she should pay for it.

soonerboomer93
4/27/2006, 01:55 PM
I think it should matter who you send. You already made a pledge to help send the one kid to camp. I'd have to remind her of how that kid would feel if he found out what she wanted to do. Guilt trips work well sometimes :D

walkoffsooner
4/27/2006, 01:55 PM
Sure it does, it may just be a feeling who needs help but its your feeling's. Go with it and enjoy, help the kid you want to help sometime's people meet in life for a reason.

frankensooner
4/27/2006, 01:56 PM
Send the kid who needs the help, not her relative's kid, you might want to take a good long look at this "Friendship". Sounds like she thinks of you as an ATM, and not the aggie kind.

OUinFLA
4/27/2006, 01:58 PM

I dont think it's right of OUSAEmom to be sending you to camp. You should be able to pay your own way. Pimp harder or somethin.

:D

IB4OU2
4/27/2006, 02:03 PM

And good for you for standing up to her.

Your'e :confused:, cheerleader camp is later in the summer.......

Mjcpr
4/27/2006, 02:04 PM
I dont think it's right of OUSAEmom to be sending you to camp. You should be able to pay your own way. Pimp harder or somethin.

My grandmomma says she's got it all worked out.

MamaMia
4/27/2006, 02:20 PM
Ya'll are funny. :D

I might add that her nephew is not an under privileged minority kid, and that it was she who gave me the information about the kid whos photo I put on my fridge in the first place. I did ask her not to say a word to him about the camp until I knew for sure I could raise the money. I sold two of my OU season tickets to get the money to help send her grandson and the other teammate and now, this kid.

She just called and said that she may not be able to find that kid. Whatever...:rolleyes:

I told her that if she was unable to locate him that I will send this little boy who goes to my church instead.

Its really starting to chap my hide that she is taking something beautiful and sacred, like the OU Football Camp, and turning it into something ugly. :mad: