PDA

View Full Version : Cruel coworkers

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 01:22 PM
They organized a Secretary Appreciation Day party today - an ice cream social.

This for a secretary that had a LAP band put in and is on a strict diet.

Of course, she's eating all she can.

There will be farts galore this afternoon.

walkoffsooner
4/27/2006, 01:23 PM
tell her to go get you some.

NormanPride
4/27/2006, 01:43 PM
I love the secretary updates, slick. This is high comedy.

Osce0la
4/27/2006, 01:44 PM
whats that smell :confused:

oohhhh that smell...

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 01:45 PM
I just overheard her say "I can't eat anymore, so I took two brownies
off the plate and put 'em in my purse, so I can eat them later"

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with how she topped 400#
to begin with.

walkoffsooner
4/27/2006, 01:50 PM
Tell her to save some room national pig day is just around the corner.

Osce0la
4/27/2006, 02:05 PM

to begin with.
I didn't notice the "s at first and was wondering why you put the brownies in your purse...or mainly wondering why you had a purse...

proud gonzo
4/27/2006, 02:27 PM
no willpower, no brain, or both? :confused:

some people amaze me.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 02:29 PM
This just gets better

The cleaning lady comes in to empty the trash, and the secretary offers her
"we got some cookies, and half of a banana over there if 'ya want it"

IB4OU2
4/27/2006, 02:30 PM

to begin with.

Nothing like a 400# plus woman with brownies in her "purse".......:eddie:

Mjcpr
4/27/2006, 02:30 PM
This just gets better

The cleaning lady comes in to empty the trash, and the secretary offers her
"we got some cookies, and half of a banana over there if 'ya want it"

Cleaning people should be glad people like her exist to offer them their leftovers and trash.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 02:37 PM
Cleaning people should be glad people like her exist to offer them their leftovers and trash.

My exact thought.

MamaMia
4/27/2006, 03:19 PM

to begin with.
Thats funny. :D

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 03:34 PM
I just don't believe this

A coworker comes in, sees half a banana sitting there, and scarfs it down.

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 03:45 PM

Yeah, it's bad enough that the cleaning people have to pick up the trash, which is usually left in a manner that does not lend itself to a quick cleanup.

But look at it this way, the 400# farter can now feel good about herself on the way home. She offered treats to the poor old cleaning staff.

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 03:47 PM

You ought to do a test. You should see what other half eaten things he will eat. Bring in a cupcake tomorrow. Eat half and place the other half where he will find it.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 04:01 PM
You ought to do a test. You should see what other half eaten things he will eat. Bring in a cupcake tomorrow. Eat half and place the other half where he will find it.

That is a good idea. I'll try it sometime.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/27/2006, 04:04 PM
This is really sad. Why would they have an ice cream party for someone who so openly has been fighting a weight problem? I guess it is an excuse for all the skinny biatches to eat ice cream.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 04:06 PM
This is really sad. Why would they have an ice cream party for someone who so openly has been fighting a weight problem? I guess it is an excuse for all the skinny biatches to eat ice cream.

There's not really any skinny beyotches here. Two or three tops.

Osce0la
4/27/2006, 04:07 PM
They were hoping she wouldn't eat it, but rather just appreciate the nice gesture

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 04:21 PM
She offered treats to the poor old cleaning staff.

This is bad because...?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/27/2006, 04:21 PM
There's not really any skinny beyotches here. Two or three tops.Would you have a kegger at a party for someone who had just gotten out of rehab? Would you host a party in their honor at a bar?

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 04:22 PM
They were hoping she wouldn't eat it, but rather just appreciate the nice gesture

That would be the complete opposite of a "nice gesture".

Scott D
4/27/2006, 04:23 PM
Would you have a kegger at a party for someone who had just gotten out of rehab? Would you host a party in their honor at a bar?

if your answer is yes, I will inform you of when I get out of rehab so I can punt you in the kegs slick :)

Osce0la
4/27/2006, 04:24 PM
That would be the complete opposite of a "nice gesture".
I guess I should've put "nice gesture" in quotes.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 04:27 PM
Would you have a kegger at a party for someone who had just gotten out of rehab? Would you host a party in their honor at a bar?

No, I wouldn't.

I didn't think it was a good idea, but someone else organized and orchestrated it, I was just invited, as was the whole office.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/27/2006, 04:31 PM
Not to get on a soapbox, but people really don't take the obesity problems as seriously as they should. This woman has been very open with her gastric bypass--people know she's had the surgery. I know you didn't plan the party, but to me it's cruel they would do this to her. If her problem was something else, they would probably be more supportive.

Scott D
4/27/2006, 04:33 PM
Not to get on a soapbox, but people really don't take the obesity problems as seriously as they should. This woman has been very open with her gastric bypass--people know she's had the surgery. I know you didn't plan the party, but to me it's cruel they would do this to her. If her problem was something else, they would probably be more supportive.

it could also be argued that she isn't taking the aftercare portion of her surgery as seriously as she should, or that she clearly is in the wrong environment in regards to having the proper type of support system in place to curb the temptations.

tulsaoilerfan
4/27/2006, 04:38 PM

Sounds like a Seinfeld episode; are you George Costanza?:twinkies:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/27/2006, 04:39 PM
Oh I totally agree Scott. If she is pigging out on brownies and ice cream, she is going to be sicker than a dog. They can eat just very small amounts of food before they get sick. My point is that food is an addiction to her. While it is her responsibility to take care of her addiction, it's just not right to have an ice cream social in her honor.

Scott D
4/27/2006, 04:40 PM
Oh I totally agree Scott. If she is pigging out on brownies and ice cream, she is going to be sicker than a dog. They can eat just very small amounts of food before they get sick. My point is that food is an addiction to her. While it is her responsibility to take care of her addiction, it's just not right to have an ice cream social in her honor.

oh I agree, it's an environment that she needs to not be in.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 04:41 PM

Which is why I titled the thread cruel coworkers.

Obesity is a huge (pardon the pun) down here. There's a grossly
disproportinate number of obese men and particularly women here.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/27/2006, 04:43 PM
My friend's husband is a drug addict. He can stay clean as long as he is not working and making money for drugs. He does an excellent job of staying home and taking care of the house and hauling kids here and there. His environment wasn't conducive to his recovery. Same deal.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/27/2006, 04:43 PM

disproportinate number of obese men and particularly women here.Oh I know. Not talking about you.

Scott D
4/27/2006, 04:44 PM

disproportinate number of obese men and particularly women here.

Ironically I feel the same way about the obsession my wife's coworkers have with cake. I've already made mention that the wife needs to quit bringing cakes to work after describing to me what a fair share of her coworkers look like. The problem there is that these people come to expect these cakes every week.

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 04:48 PM
This is bad because...?

Because I sensed that it was condescending. "Hey, we didn't eat it all, we'll offer it up to the cleaning staff." Well, the cleaning staff probably has access to it already - hence the term "cleaning staff". And she, the "obese but trying to do something about it" lady compounded the problem by offering them "a half of a banana".

I look at it this way, if you want to be nice to someone like the cleaning staff, you go out of your way to set aside some of the treats for them. You keep them in a nice way, not mangled (and not half gone). Its sayin "Hey, we had some good things today and I wanted to make sure you got some" vs. "Hey, we had some good things today and we couldn't eat it all, so whatever is left over is up for grabs."

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 04:51 PM
No, I wouldn't.

I didn't think it was a good idea, but someone else organized and orchestrated it, I was just invited, as was the whole office.

I think that you should introduce your co-workers to these things we call "flowers". It is a nice gesture and it is not a slap in the face to someone who is trying to lose weight. Unless she has bad allergies. If so, then perhaps a gift certificate to some movies or something.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 04:53 PM
Because I sensed that it was condescending. "Hey, we didn't eat it all, we'll offer it up to the cleaning staff." Well, the cleaning staff probably has access to it already - hence the term "cleaning staff". And she, the "obese but trying to do something about it" lady compounded the problem by offering them "a half of a banana".

I look at it this way, if you want to be nice to someone like the cleaning staff, you go out of your way to set aside some of the treats for them. You keep them in a nice way, not mangled (and not half gone). Its sayin "Hey, we had some good things today and I wanted to make sure you got some" vs. "Hey, we had some good things today and we couldn't eat it all, so whatever is left over is up for grabs."

I think you invite the cleaning staff to any functions, cause they don't
feel appreciated anyway, and are gonna have to clean it up anyway,
so share some love.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 04:54 PM
I think that you should introduce your co-workers to these things we call "flowers". It is a nice gesture and it is not a slap in the face to someone who is trying to lose weight. Unless she has bad allergies. If so, then perhaps a gift certificate to some movies or something.

If they had asked me, I'd have suggested such. I don't know who the
brainchild of this one was.

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 05:12 PM
Well, the cleaning staff probably has access to it already - hence the term "cleaning staff".

Hopefully the cleaning staff isn't presumptive enough to eat whatever food they come across. I don't see a problem with telling the cleaning staff (or anybody else), "There's some [whatever] in the break room. Feel free to help yourself."

I look at it this way, if you want to be nice to someone like the cleaning staff, you go out of your way to set aside some of the treats for them.

We don't do that around here for anybody. First come, first serve. You snooze you lose.

NormanPride
4/27/2006, 05:16 PM
... If so, then perhaps a gift certificate to some movies or something.

What if she was blind? You insensitive bastard. :twinkies:

I agree, though. Terrible decision, and it shows that the people in charge were worried more about the happiness of everyone else rather than the happiness of the one they were celebrating.

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 05:21 PM
Hopefully the cleaning staff isn't presumptive enough to eat whatever food they come across. I don't see a problem with telling the cleaning staff (or anybody else), "There's some [whatever] in the break room. Feel free to help yourself."

We don't do that around here for anybody. First come, first serve. You snooze you lose.

At the end of the day, when everybody is gone or in process of leaving, which is when the cleaning staff of any place that I have ever worked arrives, any food that is there is up for grabs. They are usually picking it up and throwing the crap away. Cleaning staffs who come in while work is still being done end up having to come back later to pick up all the mess that was created by the folks who were there while they were cleaning. I'm sure that new cleaning staffs do this once, and then quickly learn to come in at the END of the day. I'm sure they learn that cleaning when no one is there to create more mess makes the whole job more efficient. Every place where I have worked the cleaning staff gets anything that is left over. And most of the time, it is pretty nasty stuff.

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 05:24 PM
I think you invite the cleaning staff to any functions, cause they don't
feel appreciated anyway, and are gonna have to clean it up anyway,
so share some love.

No doubt. But if you want to make them feel good, let them have stuff that isn't picked over. Invite them when the stuff is fresh. Either that or set aside some good stuff for them. The "Hey, were done so you can have what's left over, including the trash" isn't much of a gesture to me.

mdklatt
4/27/2006, 05:37 PM
But if you want to make them feel good, let them have stuff that isn't picked over. Invite them when the stuff is fresh. Either that or set aside some good stuff for them. The "Hey, were done so you can have what's left over, including the trash" isn't much of a gesture to me.

What if they're not in the building when the party is going on? Our cleaning guy is only here in the mornings. Our leftover food is not trash, but leftover food we intend to eat the next day. We don't offer him anything we're not willing to eat ourselves.

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 06:21 PM
What if they're not in the building when the party is going on? Our cleaning guy is only here in the mornings. Our leftover food is not trash, but leftover food we intend to eat the next day. We don't offer him anything we're not willing to eat ourselves.

Then you buy him a hooker.