PDA

View Full Version : Roark update....

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 10:13 AM
Apparently, Chad Roark is wanting to leave OU for NU, that according to an Omaha newspaper. Chad's father, outime on ouinsider and OUfans, has said that nothing is offical yet, but that he wants Chad is mad about a situation at OU and Chad's father wants him to finish the semester and cool off before he makes any official decision. Chad's father also acknowledged that Chad is an 18 year-old that obviously wasn't ready for early college life. Apparently Stoops has told the family that if Chad wants to leave at the end of the semester and he is in good academic standing with the university, he will granthis release. You can go to ouinsider or OUfans if you're a member and check this out....

BASSooner
4/27/2006, 10:18 AM
The dude just showed up on campus....

caphorns
4/27/2006, 10:40 AM
Chad is mad about a situation at OU

[bad evil horn fan] what? Did he not get the Lexus he wanted? [/bad evil horn fan] ;)

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 10:46 AM
[bad evil horn fan] what? Did he not get the Lexus he wanted? [/bad evil horn fan] ;)

no. your wife apparently wouldn't give him **** and he threatened to bull whip her.

caphorns
4/27/2006, 11:01 AM
no. your wife apparently wouldn't give him **** and he threatened to bull whip her.

I don't get it. You're wife did give him ****? Is this what you are driving at?

Skysooner
4/27/2006, 11:06 AM
[realistic hornfan]At least he wasn't caught at a party where there was cocaine or bust some woman's door door who he suspected of stealing his television[\realistic hornfan]

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 11:07 AM
no no no. You see, Chad would never look at my wife because I would slap him cross-eyed and because we are Sooners.

Your wife, being a shortwhoren, is used to assuming the position, but after seing his *****, she realized she couldn't perform her duites judging on the size of her husbands.....she didn't want to puke on his feet and then Chad just got upset....

Seamus
4/27/2006, 11:09 AM
Pretty weak sauce comeback.

No, you are.

No you are.

Dizzy bastard whorn.

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 11:09 AM
Anyway, thanks for the comic relief cap. Now, back to Chad. I really wish he would stay with the team. He has a lot of potential at Center and I really hate for him to go to Nebbish, even though he probably won't ever see the field. Hopefully Cooper can stay healthy and Schacht can be a solid back-up...

caphorns
4/27/2006, 11:10 AM
no no no. You see, Chad would never look at my wife because I would slap him cross-eyed and because we are Sooners.

Your wife, being a shortwhoren, is used to assuming the position, but after seing his *****, she realized she couldn't perform her duites judging on the size of her husbands.....she didn't want to puke on his feet and then Chad just got upset....

:rolleyes:

Seamus
4/27/2006, 11:12 AM
Weird.

Whorn post was there, then after my reply, it was gone.

I have the magic power! Mwa hahahahahahahahaha!

Either that, or the admins decided to take out the trash.

Yay.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 11:13 AM
dickhead whorns ****ing up every good post around here

101sooner
4/27/2006, 11:35 AM
Cap seems to have lost his sense of humor lately.

TexasLidig8r
4/27/2006, 11:37 AM
If a person transfers to another Big XII school.. don't they have to sit out two years?

101sooner
4/27/2006, 11:38 AM
If a person transfers to another Big XII school.. don't they have to sit out two years?

That's what I thought, but I've read that he will be ready for the 2007 season if he transfers.

caphorns
4/27/2006, 11:39 AM
Schacht. You guys are spinning this thread like an ESPN sportscaster talking about Reggie's character.

I make one pretty decent comment about the Lexus and people get all - yo wife's a ho on me. Yeah. That was REAL funny stuff. Hi-f'n-larious comedy.

Rhino
4/27/2006, 11:39 AM
Apparently Stoops has told the family that if Chad wants to leave at the end of the semester and he is in good academic standing with the university, he will grant his release. There's the key. Roark was having academic issues earlier this semester.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/27/2006, 11:43 AM
It's dead week innit? Hope he's studying hard.

David Earl
4/27/2006, 11:52 AM
Cap, your smack talk is not welcome. I'm giving you a day off.

TCS, you get slack because you ain't a Horn. But you need to cool the smack too.

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 12:13 PM
Cap, your smack talk is not welcome. I'm giving you a day off.

TCS, you get slack because you ain't a Horn. But you need to cool the smack too.

Sorry DE, just had step up for our boy AD and not let these dirty whorns dog on him....It won't happen again!
Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 12:14 PM
Chad is a good kid, I think he's just a product of a "system" that's not working to well at Ada. These kids get away with a lot.

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2006, 12:15 PM
Cap seems to have lost his sense of humor lately.

And his ability to post. :texan:

David Earl
4/27/2006, 12:18 PM
It's cool TCS.

melbitoast
4/27/2006, 12:44 PM
So what is the situation he is unhappy with??? My understanding is that he came in this spring, and did a great job for a true freshman. He had an outstanding AA game, and appeared to have great potential with our system. Please don't tell me this kid is unhappy with Wilson. I know we have a new O-line coach, but I've heard Wilson is a pretty big hardass. Is he chasing off another lineman?

FaninAma
4/27/2006, 12:49 PM
Schacht. You guys are spinning this thread like an ESPN sportscaster talking about Reggie's character.

I make one pretty decent comment about the Lexus and people get all - yo wife's a ho on me. Yeah. That was REAL funny stuff. Hi-f'n-larious comedy.

Surely you're not that dense. You come on a rival's board and make a dig at the home team and then act schocked when you get hammered.

Be a man. Quit whining. If you're going to spout off then expect some serious crap coming back your way.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 12:52 PM
Freakin whorns developing a sense of ownership on OUr boards.

Crimson_Balls
4/27/2006, 01:07 PM
SpEKKK!!

Big Red Cop
4/27/2006, 01:17 PM
There's the key. Roark was having academic issues earlier this semester.

I thought that I read that Roark is carrying a 4.0?? Granted, he has only been at OU for what three months?

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 01:22 PM
So what is the situation he is unhappy with??? My understanding is that he came in this spring, and did a great job for a true freshman. He had an outstanding AA game, and appeared to have great potential with our system. Please don't tell me this kid is unhappy with Wilson. I know we have a new O-line coach, but I've heard Wilson is a pretty big hardass. Is he chasing off another lineman?

I think we can chalk this one up to Schmitty. From what I've heard from the Ada High School FB coach, Chad was skipping a little too much class and he was sent to Schmitty where he was raked over the coals apparently. If this is the case, Chad just needs to suck it up and deal with the problem at hand. Going to another school is not going to change his problems.

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 03:37 PM
If I were a betting man, I'd say he's gone.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/27/2006, 03:47 PM
I think we can chalk this one up to Schmitty. From what I've heard from the Ada High School FB coach, Chad was skipping a little too much class and he was sent to Schmitty where he was raked over the coals apparently. If this is the case, Chad just needs to suck it up and deal with the problem at hand. Going to another school is not going to change his problems.

Probably why his Dad is trying to cool him off/down and let him think about it and stay at OU...

Norm In Norman
4/27/2006, 03:49 PM
It's dead week innit? Hope he's studying hard.
Dude, they haven't had dead week in forever. Well, I dunno, maybe they brought it back. When I went, they still called it dead week but you still had to go to class and still had to turn in homework.

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 04:44 PM
He's gone. He told Nebraska radio he's going to Nebraska.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 04:45 PM
Since Nick has dropped in...he must be gone.

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 04:48 PM
Not only is he gone but somehow he's eligable to play for 2007.

shavedmarmoset
4/27/2006, 04:57 PM
Dude, they haven't had dead week in forever. Well, I dunno, maybe they brought it back. When I went, they still called it dead week but you still had to go to class and still had to turn in homework.

Well now it's kind of a hybrid dead week-regular week. I have five classes and two of them are cancelled all week. The only restriction the teachers really have though is that you can't make kids turn anything in that's worth more than 10% of your grade.

And dead week is next week.

PDXsooner
4/27/2006, 05:27 PM
OU fans certainly obsess a lot over players who choose to leave. over on ouinsider they can't stop drooling over chris patterson.

my theory is, the guys who show up and want to commit themselves to being sooners are worth rooting for. the quitters aren't. period.

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 05:29 PM
He's leaving because of his brother only. It has nothing to do with OU. It really sucks for OU because we lose more depth at the OL. But we should be fine as long as Cooper is healthy.

He was on Nebraska radio talking about it today. I'll try and find an exact audio link but he is gone.

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 05:43 PM
He's leaving because of his brother only. It has nothing to do with OU. It really sucks for OU because we lose more depth at the OL. But we should be fine as long as Cooper is healthy.

He was on Nebraska radio talking about it today. I'll try and find an exact audio link but he is gone.

Wrong. There was an issue at OU. That's all I'll say.

He can play in 2007, but he loses a year of eligibility and has to sit out 2006. He will sit out this year(redshirt if you will), and start 2007 as a sophmore.

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 06:01 PM
His spin is that OU wasn't the problem. He's not gonna say anything bad about OU though.

auto
4/27/2006, 06:01 PM
here it is http://newsok.com/article/1827358/?template=sports/ou

NickZeppelin
4/27/2006, 06:03 PM
Wrong link. That's to some Carlson article

http://newsok.com/article/1828124/?template=home/main

PlanOUred
4/27/2006, 06:08 PM
I don't think the academic problems were grades but rather class attendance. If he can't handle the discipline as a freshman how will he handle another four or five years of it. If that truly is the case going to NU will be a good move for him.....easier environment.

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2006, 06:12 PM
Would he even be eligible this fall? If not, how can 2006 be used as the year he sits out?

royalfan5
4/27/2006, 06:14 PM
As one of the resident Husker's, I would like to go on record of saying that if Roark is a big enough ****-up to last only a semester in college, his head is probably not screwed on well enough to compete at a high D-1a level anyway, so if Roark does come here, I would suspect that he would fill the Deleone/Pike memorial hyped O-L guy that does nothing on the field of play. So I doubt he will be much of an addidtion for us.

The Consumate Showman
4/27/2006, 06:58 PM
As one of the resident Husker's, I would like to go on record of saying that if Roark is a big enough ****-up to last only a semester in college, his head is probably not screwed on well enough to compete at a high D-1a level anyway, so if Roark does come here, I would suspect that he would fill the Deleone/Pike memorial hyped O-L guy that does nothing on the field of play. So I doubt he will be much of an addidtion for us.

Damn, Nebbish people jumping all over him before he even gets out of the state of Oklahoma....I LOVE IT!!!!

Jimminy Crimson
4/27/2006, 10:58 PM
What is the reason for him leaving? Besides a gaping hatchet wound... :mack:

Landthief 1972
4/28/2006, 09:02 AM
How did Roark hike the ball to Bomar this spring with that big vagina between his legs in the way?

Guy had a legit shot at starting if he gets his grades in order and he's not happy. WTF.

OUFan22
4/28/2006, 09:06 AM
He probably just doesn't want to put forth the effort to do what the coaches and Schmitty requires of them. Could be that he has an attitude problem and doesn't like or respect authority. It's sad that many kids nowadays are too much into themselves and don't care that it takes hard work and fortitude to accomplish things. That means taking orders much of the time.

sooneron
4/28/2006, 09:15 AM
Who pays for his fun little semester in Norman? The fugger should have to pay back EVERYTHING.

David Earl
4/28/2006, 09:15 AM
Easy there Landthief. Such words can get you timeout.

David Earl
4/28/2006, 09:17 AM
Okay, it ain't just Landthief. All you people ease up on bashing the kid.