PDA

View Full Version : Mark Mangino Controversy in Lawrence

HoustonPowercat
4/26/2006, 01:24 PM
http://ksucollegefootball.blogspot.com/2006/04/mark-mangino-controversy-in-lawrence.html

Enjoy...

Lydell_Carr
4/26/2006, 01:30 PM
He ate the basketball team?

KC//CRIMSON
4/26/2006, 01:33 PM
http://ksucollegefootball.blogspot.com/2006/04/mark-mangino-controversy-in-lawrence.html

Enjoy...

Just for future reference, we dislike ksu fans far more than ku fans.

HoustonPowercat
4/26/2006, 01:38 PM
I am sure you do, that Big 12 Championship game a couple of years ago is still probably stinging pretty bad...

Mac94
4/26/2006, 01:42 PM
And Kansas State fans know all about Big-12 Championship game losses "stinging pretty bad." ;)

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/AggieGifs/Big12Champs_ParkerTD.gif

HoustonPowercat
4/26/2006, 01:58 PM
No doubt about it.

Soonerman08
4/26/2006, 02:00 PM
No doubt about it.

You all have beaten us once with Stoops at the helm.....am I missing something here? That doesn't seem like something I would be bragging too much about. Sounds like a Longhorn, though they have beaten us twice since Stoops has been here but still, they have been owned time and again.

HoustonPowercat
4/26/2006, 02:07 PM
I wasn't bragging... I don't think K-State owns OU... quite the opposite. Just trying to understand why OU Fan would have such an intense hatred for KSU Fan.

Mjcpr
4/26/2006, 02:08 PM
Sheesh people.....give the guy a break.

toast
4/26/2006, 02:15 PM
Hey, has anyone seen ksu's punter?

HoustonPowercat
4/26/2006, 02:18 PM
I have a feeling I am walking into a trap, but I will take the bait...

Yes, I have see KSU's punter... why?

okienole3
4/26/2006, 02:23 PM
I hate KSU fans because of their attitude. How can someone who was the doormat of college football for so long all of a sudden get cocky? The 2000 game in Manhatten was so satisfying.

HoustonPowercat
4/26/2006, 02:32 PM
Okienole

Why are you so bothered by the fans of a program that was the "doormat of college football" for so long?
Why was it so satisfying to beat the "doormat of college football"?
Why would you hire the coach from the "doormat of college football"?

SoonerStormchaser
4/26/2006, 02:51 PM
I wasn't bragging... I don't think K-State owns OU... quite the opposite. Just trying to understand why OU Fan would have such an intense hatred for KSU Fan.

One guy hated you guys so much he decided to blow himself up while we were playing you! :rolleyes:

SoonerInKCMO
4/26/2006, 03:04 PM

Too many KSU fans think that college football history only goes back to the first winning season KSU had under Snyder and that they somehow are held in higher esteem than they actually are. Actual statement made by KSU fan this last season shortly after the OU-UT game: "Yeah, it's tough having a losing season after getting used to winning; but we have it tougher because we've been on top for longer."

Bush league Jr. High style 'skits' at the beginning of games at Snyder Stadium.

********* actions by KSU fans at their home games.

Lame "That's another K-State FIRST DOWN" chant.

Manhattan smells like cow ****.

:)

Salt City Sooner
4/26/2006, 03:06 PM
Just for future reference, we dislike ksu fans far more than ku fans.
Not I. I've lived in Kansas all my life & can count the number of KU fans that didn't think their's smelled a little less on one hand. Give me Silotech over Snob Hill any day of the week that ends in y.

okienole3
4/26/2006, 03:12 PM
Okienole

Why are you so bothered by the fans of a program that was the "doormat of college football" for so long?
Why was it so satisfying to beat the "doormat of college football"?
Why would you hire the coach from the "doormat of college football"?

Because it put them right back in their place. The way they treated Stoops and the boys when they came back to KSU was bush league too.

HoustonPowercat
4/26/2006, 03:17 PM
Because it put them right back in their place. The way they treated Stoops and the boys when they came back to KSU was bush league too.

I was a fan of Stoops when he was at KSU and continue to be a fan of his. I agree with what you are saying. I thought it was stupid that so many fans were upset that Bob Stoops would ever leave KSU and oh by the way, win a couple of National Championships along the way.

HoustonPowercat
4/26/2006, 03:24 PM
Too many KSU fans think that college football history only goes back to the first winning season KSU had under Snyder

By the way, I was at the Oklahoma game in Manhattan when we gave up 768 yards rushing to the Sooners. I am well aware of where we came from and how easily we could be back there... see the decline in the last two years.

caphorns
4/26/2006, 03:57 PM
Weird. I'm surprised anyone has a problem with the kitty fans. Even when they beat you guys, it didn't stop you from going to the NC game. So it was essentially no big deal. You just finally were on the back end of a midget spanking. Snyder was about the nicest guy ever to coach a college football game. He made something from nothing. Sure, it's as hard to get an athlete into KSU as it is to find beer at a frat party. But, always keep in mind the golden rule that KSU will never have the $$$ or the resources to compete at the highest level. So what's the issue?

Mac94
4/26/2006, 04:01 PM
Hey, us Aggies LOVE Kansas State ... they're the one team we can actually say we OWN right now! ;)

Soonerwolf
4/26/2006, 04:08 PM
Weird. I'm surprised anyone has a problem with the kitty fans. Even when they beat you guys, it didn't stop you from going to the NC game. So it was essentially no big deal. You just finally were on the back end of a midget spanking. Snyder was about the nicest guy ever to coach a college football game. He made something from nothing. Sure, it's as hard to get an athlete into KSU as it is to find beer at a frat party. But, always keep in mind the golden rule that KSU will never have the $$$ or the resources to compete at the highest level. So what's the issue?

Caphorn, why are you at this board? Shouldn't you be on Hook 'em boards rather than on a board of a real team?

Spread your neg feelings elswehere and we'll spread our feelings here after the RRS this year when OU continues it dominance of saxet this millenium . . .:twinkies:

Boomerbrad
4/26/2006, 04:38 PM
Still lookin' for the punter
Oh, there he is, on the sideline eating cheesy poofs

toast
4/26/2006, 04:50 PM
Still lookin' for the punter
Oh, there he is, on the sideline eating cheesy poofs

Actually, he was watching the Jumbotron - of course, he could have been eating cheesy poofs as well.

TheGodfather889
4/26/2006, 05:01 PM
I don't have any problem with Kansas State. I've been to Manhattan a couple of times when they've played OU. And I went to both the Big XII Championship games. The fans were alright.

KC//CRIMSON
4/26/2006, 05:55 PM
I don't have any problem with Kansas State. I've been to Manhattan a couple of times when they've played OU. And I went to both the Big XII Championship games. The fans were alright.

I did too, and that wasn't my experience.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2006, 05:57 PM
I have a feeling I am walking into a trap, but I will take the bait...

Yes, I have see KSU's punter... why?
How could you NOT know where he was going with that?

caphorns
4/26/2006, 06:02 PM
Spread your neg feelings elswehere and we'll spread our feelings here after the RRS this year when OU continues it dominance of saxet this millenium . . .:twinkies:

I have no neg feelings that I'm aware of. I like to poke fun at sooners but that's about it.

If it makes you feel happy in your pants to claim millenium dominance in the first decade of the millenium - knock yourself out. I'll take the overall series dominance. On the flip side, we are 1 and 1 in national championships in the new millenium. Isn't that what it's all about?

Crimsontothecore
4/26/2006, 06:08 PM
He's got you there. Why would you hate one of college footballs losingest programs? hmm?;)

Duke o Brewery
4/26/2006, 06:09 PM
I am sure you do, that Big 12 Championship game a couple of years ago is still probably stinging pretty bad...

Originally Posted by HoustonPowercat

Don't misunderstand. We don't have a problem with ksu simply because of one particular loss to you in a big game.

No, actually it's because of how you people act like drunken militant palestinian street protesters on speed. I've seen more class in an LA street riot. The most disgusting, dispicable and repulsive college football 'fans' I've ever encountered... and that includes O-state, tejas, USC and Lsu.

During my time in The Pride of Oklahoma your fans are the only people who threw loads of garbage and beer on us( '00, '03), and physically attacked us('00, '03, '04). I've had the personal pleasure of helping to literally throw two drunken ksu fans from the band's seating area after they dived into the trumpet section with fists swinging at the '03 game in KC. It's one thing to celebrate having crawled out of the depths of the football universe, and it's quite another to act the way you people do.

picasso
4/26/2006, 06:14 PM
KU basketball can blow me.

crimson&cream
4/26/2006, 06:34 PM
I can tell you. My son goes to alot of away games and has said several times the kSU fans were the rudest he's ever come accross. For a team that at one time held the distinction of having the longest losing streak 28 games. Win a few with Synder and you all got nasty.
Shold have seen my e-mails after that Big 12 C game as I grew up in Ks and did I ever hear it. But the next two yrs giving it back to those KSU friends of mine teed them off.LOL

crimson&cream
4/26/2006, 06:36 PM
KU basketball can blow me.
No! they'll just beat Yah.

KStatePike
4/26/2006, 06:38 PM
hey didn't you guys have Phil Collins playing as the teams came out of the locker rooms?

Duke o Brewery
4/26/2006, 06:44 PM
hey didn't you guys have Phil Collins playing as the teams came out of the locker rooms?

hey, didn't your students run an unbelieveably classless joke skit as part of pregame in Manhatten where they acted like hillbillys and called themselves the Oklahoma Sooners? It says a lot about your university and athletic department that they permitted that to take place.

Al Gore
4/26/2006, 07:47 PM
I wasn't bragging... I don't think K-State owns OU... quite the opposite. Just trying to understand why OU Fan would have such an intense hatred for KSU Fan.Because when we win, the fans called myself and my 3 young children c0cksuckers, kick the crap out of my car and slashed the tires......what a classy act.......

sooneron
4/26/2006, 07:48 PM
hey, didn't your students run an unbelieveably classless joke skit as part of pregame in Manhatten where they acted like hillbillys and called themselves the Oklahoma Sooners? It says a lot about your university and athletic department that they permitted that to take place.
This still carcks me up as these hicks live in a place called "aggieland" or whatever the **** hick name it is! I guess irony is only taught in the grad courses there.

goingoneight
4/26/2006, 07:54 PM
I don't really dislike any one team. I've met druhnken and classless fans from all schools including my own. That's the nature of such a passionate sport as college ball. However, my worst experiences were in Stoolwater. I sworeto never go to a "Bedlam" game again in Stoolwater becasue of the way we were treated and disrespected. Granted we've looked pretty pathetic there in a few runs, but I don't believe a woman should yell the words "F*CK O-U!!! Boomer Loser" in front of her two young children. I don't believe people's cars should be vandalized in the parking lots of Boone Pickens (or any game for that matter, it's just freakin wrong... and my $23,000 new truck was trashed out with hateful slogans and embarassing writings in 2004's "Let-R-Rip" game. I also don't agree with the way OSU undermines OU to get recruits or to attempt to get some other upper-hand on us. Yeah, UT is OU's "rival," but the whorns (in 7 RRS games I've gone to) have never done anything more than get drunk and joke around with us in the west end. Freakin Cow-Pokers would probably try to kill us if we actually cared to get a hotel in Stoolwater, cared to go to their "clubs and bar scense," or anything like that for the supposed "rivalry."

I lost respect for many OSU fans in 2000 when we were shooting for the title, and began to hate them severely after a few more "Bedlam" visits. I mean, come on, it's not a real rivalry, aggy. I don't think 77-16 is "anyone's game."

goingoneight
4/26/2006, 09:11 PM

Enjoy...

What... the... F***!?!?! :confused:

Jello Biafra
4/26/2006, 10:15 PM

thanks for the input. i appreciate you, a whoren, telling us we shouldn't be threatened by a purple cat........

and now, for you, a picture.

http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~eraneden/pic/01720005.JPG

Jello Biafra
4/26/2006, 10:17 PM
I have no neg feelings that I'm aware of. I like to poke fun at sooners but that's about it.

If it makes you feel happy in your pants to claim millenium dominance in the first decade of the millenium - knock yourself out. I'll take the overall series dominance. On the flip side, we are 1 and 1 in national championships in the new millenium. Isn't that what it's all about?

rofl. you take your series dominance and I'll take our "we've lost more national championships than you guys have even been in" smack. it's in the same vein. at least to me.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 05:43 AM
Lame *** thread alert.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/27/2006, 08:19 AM
borrowed from someone

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7977/castgay4ej3yk.th.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=castgay4ej3yk.jpg)

Funky G
4/27/2006, 12:05 PM
... Sure, it's as hard to get an athlete into KSU as it is to find beer at a frat party...

Vince Young got into Texas as easily as he would have gotten into KSU...

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2006, 03:26 PM

Have you met the average KSU fan? Those people belong in a damned zoo. As an exhibit not spectator...

Quack 10
4/27/2006, 05:41 PM
"However, we have been unable to keep up with the Coach’s demand for fatty foods.”

Well, one line was mildly humorous.

RacerX
4/27/2006, 11:05 PM
Oh, I get it!

Mangino is fat. hahahahahahahahaha

hoo-boy

soonerboy_odanorth
4/28/2006, 05:30 PM

Because by and large your whole fan base doesn't know how to deal with success, still caries a major losers chip/stigma, continually deludes itself that Manhattan, the school, and that god-forsaken band-box of a stadium is anything more than a gigantic pile of ant-crap, worshiped a self-annoited Pope (has the white smoke appeared indicating your selection of a new HC?), and in general act like classless ***-clowns to visiting fans.

But other than that, I can't think of anything either...