PDA

View Full Version : Should there be a No Whorn Tuesday

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 12:56 PM
Or should the mods just implement it when it gets bad, ala No Politics Fridays.

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 12:56 PM
Or should the mods just implement it when it gets bad, ala No Politics Fridays.

Colly, make it a pole......

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 12:58 PM
the thread shows up before the pole....it's up now.

1stTimeCaller
4/26/2006, 01:02 PM
:les: MAKE IT A POLL NOW!!!!!

crawfish
4/26/2006, 01:03 PM
What are you guys whining about? :confused:

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 01:03 PM
Just wanted to see how it would play out since the thread about it seems to have brought opinions from alot of posters.

OhU1
4/26/2006, 01:07 PM
Free speech baby! The fewer rules the better.

slickdawg
4/26/2006, 01:08 PM
I'd like to be able to say **** texas on tuesdays as well.

GottaHavePride
4/26/2006, 01:17 PM
This one I don't really care. I avoid the football board on the offseason anyway. ;)

Scott D
4/26/2006, 01:48 PM
What are you guys whining about? :confused:

no crawdad the question is 'What aren't you guys whining about now? :confused:' :D

handcrafted
4/26/2006, 02:04 PM
They should only keep it if it means that whorns cannot post on Tuesdays. :D

GDC
4/26/2006, 02:23 PM
Jesus H. Christ the whorn lovers truly are taking over the board.

Also, why is this and its related thread here instead of the football board? I guarantee the results would be more than reversed over there. Sneaky.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2006, 02:28 PM
I guarantee the results would be more than reversed over there. Sneaky.

http://halife.com/family/sneaky.jpg

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 02:48 PM
sniff....sniff.....

walkoffsooner
4/27/2006, 04:37 AM
They should only keep it if it means that whorns cannot post on Tuesdays. :D
I agree no whorn fan posting that would be like a weekly holiday.

RacerX
4/27/2006, 06:45 AM
http://members.cox.net/racerx4ou/license_20030703115221_91378.jpg

Desert Sapper
4/27/2006, 07:00 AM
Can't we just mute the whorns on Tuesdays? Why punish Sooners for bashing the saxet cow-worshippers, even if it is on Tuesdays?

sooner_born_1960
4/27/2006, 07:03 AM
gdc speaks the truth.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 07:12 AM
The whorn lovefest continues.

BTW...I agree with Sapper's idea.

GDC
4/27/2006, 07:40 AM
I say bane all whorns completely. Failing that, bane them for one day a week, but let Sooners talk about them if they want to. There will always be a small contingent of whornlovers who live in Texas or follow Texas teams or go to lunch with whorns. We know who the real Sooners are around here.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 07:43 AM
:rolleyes:

GDC
4/27/2006, 07:45 AM
speaking of...

now your boy colley in 3, 2, 1...

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 08:50 AM
http://www.rockingham.k12.va.us/sound_sorting/initial_consonants/y/images/yawn.jpg

GDC
4/27/2006, 08:52 AM
There should be a no clique day of the week too.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 08:52 AM
hey colley, now that you're "my boy", i'd like to rename you "blue".....cause thats really funny when i say "you're my boy blue"

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 08:53 AM
there should be a "no whiner" day of the week too....

GDC
4/27/2006, 08:55 AM
Mutt and Jeff, together again. You boys should take your show on the road.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 08:57 AM
hey thats a great idea......we need a one trick pony to warm up for us.......gee, where might i find one.......

GDC
4/27/2006, 09:02 AM
hey thats a great idea......we need a one trick pony to warm up for us.......gee, where might i find one.......

How about Lid? I know you guys have a thing for burnt-orange.

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 09:03 AM
hey colley, now that you're "my boy", i'd like to rename you "blue".....cause thats really funny when i say "you're my boy blue"

I'm cool with that. :D

Scott D
4/27/2006, 09:10 AM
How about we have a no new york based team posting baseball season. I think that'd be as popular as the no texas professional sports team posting idea.

GDC
4/27/2006, 09:21 AM
How about we have a no new york based team posting baseball season. I think that'd be as popular as the no texas professional sports team posting idea.

How about some of you figure out the appropriate forums for certain threads and posts.

Scott D
4/27/2006, 09:31 AM
How about some of you figure out the appropriate forums for certain threads and posts.

For what? You are railing against people being fans of professional teams being based in Texas now. That's beyond silly in my opinion, it's not like they are being fans of the university of texas in those threads. So what if they want to talk about Texas based pro teams, it has nothing to do with no longhorn <insert random day of the week here> anymore than it would make sense to ban any and all talk of the yankees.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 09:32 AM
how about we make gdc a mod and get it over with......

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 09:32 AM
how about we make gdc a mod and get it over with......HEH...there would be some serious baneing then

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 09:36 AM
kinda hard to get banned when you've already left....

GDC
4/27/2006, 09:55 AM
For what? You are railing against people being fans of professional teams being based in Texas now. That's beyond silly in my opinion, it's not like they are being fans of the university of texas in those threads. So what if they want to talk about Texas based pro teams, it has nothing to do with no longhorn <insert random day of the week here> anymore than it would make sense to ban any and all talk of the yankees.

Maybe, but I posted that in jest, and in the General Sports Forum, where it belongs.

Scott D
4/27/2006, 09:59 AM
Maybe, but I posted that in jest, and in the General Sports Forum, where it belongs.

and maybe my post was a response to the post in this thread in response to the response of the response of the jesting response of a jest. :)

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 10:02 AM
I say bane all whorns completely. Failing that, bane them for one day a week, but let Sooners talk about them if they want to. There will always be a small contingent of whornlovers who live in Texas or follow Texas teams or go to lunch with whorns. We know who the real Sooners are around here.

I still don't understand why whorns would spend their time on an OKLAHOMA
board.

I guess these are the same kind of people that try to grow vegtables in the desert.

IB4OU2
4/27/2006, 10:03 AM
and maybe my post was a response to the post in this thread in response to the response of the response of the jesting response of a jest. :)

Scott it's hard to read that while I'm on medicication.......

Scott D
4/27/2006, 10:04 AM
Scott it's hard to read that while I'm on medicication.......

do what I do then...blame doleo :)

Desert Sapper
4/27/2006, 10:07 AM
I still don't understand why whorns would spend their time on an OKLAHOMA
board.

I guess these are the same kind of people that try to grow vegtables in the desert.

Because they are in denial about us being their biggest rival...a fact that gives us a big advantage over them at RRS (their players are naive enough to buy it, too) while they thump aTm every year. It would be like if we were stupid enough to believe LosuR is our biggest rival. :rolleyes:

NormanPride
4/27/2006, 10:52 AM
I'm officially against N:texan:T. Not because I love the bastards, but because it seems so... aggy. If they start mouthing off, put them on ignore. Or start reporting posts.

I'm just surprised there hasn't been a lot of quote editing going on. i.e.

I love Texas. I really like UT especially. Those Longhorn buddies of mine sure know how to throw a good lunch party. I just wish more of them would drop by, because they provide so much of a good counter-view to our admittedly crimson-colored glasses. Plus, isn't diversity the spice of life?

Now, that's funny. ;)

1stTimeCaller
4/27/2006, 11:05 AM
nowhere on my degree do the words "University of Texas" appear.

just sayin'

slickdawg
4/27/2006, 11:05 AM
nowhere on my degree do the words "University of Texas" appear.

just sayin'

Nor on mine.

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 11:06 AM
heh

Mine says North Texas. Is that ok? :D Remember I'm "just a fan."

Howzit
4/27/2006, 11:08 AM
There will always be a small contingent of whornlovers who live in Texas or follow Texas teams or go to lunch with whorns. We know who the real Sooners are around here.

That sounds kind of like that troll SoonerScooter.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 11:11 AM
"like aggy".......so true.

SoonerScooter
4/27/2006, 11:25 AM
I'll end the discussion right now, once and for all mmmmkay?

If you have a degree that says anywhere on it in order, 'The University of Texas...' you cannot call yourself an OU fan.

I don't care if you went to the University of Texas - Mexia, LaGrange, Brownsville, Llano, Paris, Stephenville, French, Goat Lick, Gun Barrel City or Tyler.

I don't care if the said University of Texas hyphen, town is known as the Harvard of the Guadalupe, the Brown of the Trinity, or the Rose State of the Cedar Reservoir. It's still the University of Texas and you cannot be a Sooner fan.

This should clear thing up.

Howzit
4/27/2006, 11:27 AM
I'll end the discussion right now, once and for all mmmmkay?

If you have a degree that says anywhere on it in order, 'The University of Texas...' you cannot call yourself an OU fan.

I don't care if you went to the University of Texas - Mexia, LaGrange, Brownsville, Llano, Paris, Stephenville, French, Goat Lick, Gun Barrel City or Tyler.

I don't care if the said University of Texas hyphen, town is known as the Harvard of the Guadalupe, the Brown of the Trinity, or the Rose State of the Cedar Reservoir. It's still the University of Texas and you cannot be a Sooner fan.

This should clear thing up.

What about UTEP?

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 11:28 AM
you mean old pseudo sooners, picking on a real sooner fan.......you should BE ASHAMED...........shame shame shame

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 11:29 AM
you mean old pseudo sooners, picking on a real sooner fan.......you should BE ASHAMED...........shame shame shame

There you go again, flying off the handle. :D

SoonerScooter
4/27/2006, 11:30 AM
What about UTEP?

it's doubly bad. They can't even watch OU games because not only is UTEP 'The University of Texas-ElPaso', it's not really in America anymore.

Any other schools you want I should render a decision on?:texan:

Howzit
4/27/2006, 11:33 AM
it's doubly bad. They can't even watch OU games because not only is UTEP 'The University of Texas-ElPaso', it's not really in America anymore.

Any other schools you want I should render a decision on?:texan:

Niiiice, gdc, trying to throw me off by saying UTEP is on the list. I'm not falling for it. I know who you are.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 11:35 AM
This thread is slipping into gheyness now.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2006, 11:35 AM
its sorta like being homophobic........you protest the gay thing soooooo much, its because you have latent tendencies

i guess the UTep thing on gdc's first college degree is akin to the same thing

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 11:36 AM
This thread is slipping into gheyness now.

Now that you're here, yeah. ;)

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 11:38 AM
Now that you're here, yeah. ;)Why thanks...the trolling is ruining this thread...that is all.

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 11:40 AM
I agree. The poll served it's purpose. It'll get locked soon.

If I weren't so cheap, I'd pony up for the super sponsorship and delete it. :D

NormanPride
4/27/2006, 11:44 AM
All kidding aside, gdc does have a point in some instances. I do think we let them get away with too much at times, though blasting them on the SO seems odd, since we have almost every other type of fan here.

The football board got out of control last season, and NHT was the result. I think, though, that we can handle without it if the whorns in question know that there's only so far they can go.

Scott D
4/27/2006, 11:54 AM
Clearly we need a calendar...so here we go

No Domer Sunday (what better way to insult them than to make it a Sunday)
No Nebraska Monday (Stupid Huskers)
No Longhorn Tuesday
No Poke Wednesday
No Aggy Thursday
No Tigah Bait Fridays

and last but not least

No Condom Saturday.

May as well cover the entire spectrum ;)

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 11:54 AM
SNAP....A WHORN JUST SHOE WHIPPED BY DE on the FB board....SWEET!!!!!!!

GDC
4/27/2006, 12:29 PM
kinda hard to get banned when you've already left....

I heard something about that. So who left?