PDA

View Full Version : Apparently they have some proof that bush was dealing with an agent.

oumartin
4/26/2006, 11:59 AM
I read on yahoo sports a bit ago. Or is this the same old stuff they he says isn't true and he did nothing wrong.. They also had something with another USC player. Winston Justice

The Consumate Showman
4/26/2006, 12:03 PM
and so begins the great fall of Troy..........

Rhino
4/26/2006, 12:11 PM
link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ah2Rz.lujRuBXcEq5ba8C2k5nYcB?slug=cr-bush042606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&expire=1)

Mjcpr
4/26/2006, 12:14 PM
Ha Ha!

But I still don't see what all the hubub is about not drafting him #1 because of all this. Why would the NFL give a rip?

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
4/26/2006, 12:56 PM
ESPN.News reported that the NCAA has also gotten involoved in the investigation with the PAC-10. And that USC could face NCAA sanctions and possibly have to forfeit some games. I would assume those would have to be games that Bush played in which to me brings up the question, If the condoms do have to forfeit some of the games from the 05' season, which would mean that they were no longer undefeated for the season, does that mean the Shorthorns MNC goes away too since they didn't play the #2 team in the country?:rolleyes: OHHHH!! They suck again:D Hook 'em

NormanPride
4/26/2006, 12:59 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. The NCAA will find some way to chicken **** out of this one, because they like money more than they like everything else.

Half a Hundred
4/26/2006, 01:47 PM
Lack of institutional control...?

Well, one can dream, can't he?

:D

caphorns
4/26/2006, 02:04 PM
ESPN.News reported that the NCAA has also gotten involoved in the investigation with the PAC-10. And that USC could face NCAA sanctions and possibly have to forfeit some games. I would assume those would have to be games that Bush played in which to me brings up the question, If the condoms do have to forfeit some of the games from the 05' season, which would mean that they were no longer undefeated for the season, does that mean the Shorthorns MNC goes away too since they didn't play the #2 team in the country?:rolleyes: OHHHH!! They suck again:D Hook 'em

That's aggy-level delusion right there. The Longhorns were unde-f'n-feated. It's over.

Not that I'm a Reggie Bush fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the hard evidence being cited is testimony from a convicted felon. Sounds real reliable. :rolleyes:

okienole3
4/26/2006, 02:21 PM
Ineligible or not, they beat our *** in that game. We don't deserve anything. I would just like to see them put on some sort of probation.

This would be a lot more satisfying if it weren't for the whole Big Red Sports and Imports fiasco. I think everyone cheats, it just matters who gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Vaevictis
4/26/2006, 03:30 PM
I think it also matters which cookies are in the jar, how big the jar is, and how often you go back to it ;)

Loaner car (even if it is a lexus) for a couple weeks is a stale ginger snap. A 3/4 million dollar house for a year is more like a Mrs Fields White Chocolate Macadamia cookie fresh from the oven.

caphorns
4/26/2006, 03:42 PM
No doubt that AD's deal lacked the chocolate chunks (no agents) or the ginger spice (boosters). So I'd say the Lexus was more of a straight up Lorna Doone. Maybe an animal cracker.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/26/2006, 04:17 PM
the whole lexus thing pales in comparison to some of the perks that bill walton used to give the kids at arizona. free nba finals tickets, airfare, hotels, etc. and all jefferson got was a 1 game suspension as long as he paid it back. essentially, peterson will have to cough up a $300 bucks or whatever the going lease rate per month is for a car and it'll all go away.

MiccoMacey
4/26/2006, 08:38 PM
essentially, peterson will have to cough up a $300 bucks or whatever the going lease rate per month is for a car and it'll all go away.

I'd be a little peeved if he had to pay back anything.

Standard practice (for all paying customers) seems to be that you may "borrow" the car while waiting for financing.

If he has to pay the "rental fee", he doesn't even get a normal, industry standard practice.

Just wouldn't seem right.

walkoffsooner
4/27/2006, 04:52 AM
the Boz was right ncaa = national communists againest athletics

Desert Sapper
4/27/2006, 06:34 AM
Ha Ha!

But I still don't see what all the hubub is about not drafting him #1 because of all this. Why would the NFL give a rip?

They won't. It has nothing to do with the NFL, really. I doubt anything will happen as far as the NCAA either, but I can always hope. I want to see Troy burning for the '05 OB. My hate has not fully disappeared yet.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 07:01 AM
Ineligible or not, they beat our *** in that game. We don't deserve anything. As painful as it is, I have to agree with you.
They beat us like rented mules...therefore, we forfeit all rights to say anything about that game/MNC.

badger
4/27/2006, 10:04 AM
As painful as it is, I have to agree with you.
They beat us like rented mules...therefore, we forfeit all rights to say anything about that game/MNC.

okay, hold on here. let's give OU the benefit of the doubt, not some crappy west coast team:

1- signing an agent makes you a PROFESSIONAL.

2- professional players usually go to the NFL.

3- wouldn't it make sense that the great 2004 sooners lost to PROFESSIONAL player(s) in the orange bowl? Would it be FAIR for a college team to have to play PROFESSIONAL, NFL-calibur players in a college game, even the championship?

I know that there is no chance is hell that we are getting a championship, but I would still like to see USC lose theirs.

Desert Sapper
4/27/2006, 10:11 AM
I just want the ruling to be that they can never again mention the 2005 Orange Bowl. Never. Not in print, not on TV, not on the radio, never. In fact, I want our season to end with a Big XII Championship over Colorado.

Sooner in Tampa
4/27/2006, 10:12 AM
I will not stand up for some crappy west team, but I couldn't care less if they take away their victory over us.

Oh, and there is NOT a chance in hell of that happening.

MamaMia
4/27/2006, 10:31 AM
If a player and his family from OU were involved in this, it would be all over the news. The NCAA would throw the book at us, and we would be sanctioned to the 10th degree.

caphorns
4/27/2006, 11:04 AM
If a player and his family from OU were involved in this, it would be all over the news. The NCAA would throw the book at us, and we would be sanctioned to the 10th degree.

Each of the ESPN talking heads are slobering all over the thought of being the first to proclaim every move in this deal as "still not a problem" for USC or Bush. Trust me.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
4/27/2006, 12:03 PM
Each of the ESPN talking heads are slobering all over the thought of being the first to proclaim every move in this deal as "still not a problem" for USC or Bush. Trust me.

Don't you wish everyday was Tuesday :rolleyes:

Norm In Norman
4/27/2006, 03:56 PM
I'd be a little peeved if he had to pay back anything.

Standard practice (for all paying customers) seems to be that you may "borrow" the car while waiting for financing.

If he has to pay the "rental fee", he doesn't even get a normal, industry standard practice.

Just wouldn't seem right.
A lady at work is driving a car this week that she might buy (from a different dealer). i hear the NCAA is coming down hard on her.

goingoneight
4/27/2006, 07:45 PM
I went over my minutes last month and those bastards put me one a three-year probation.

Sooner_Bob
4/27/2006, 07:54 PM
I hear the NCAA is investigating the use of college computers to view pr0n.

The Ensuing Kickoff
4/27/2006, 10:43 PM
Haven't read this entire thread, but those of you talking about retroactive forfeits and "oohhh, that's good for us, they didn't really deserve that win" need to remember two things:

1. USC put a huge whipping on us fair and square on the field.
2. We Sooners lost wom Ws to retroactive forfeits, and I believe we still claim the official record of those years as, for example, 0-10, but "10-0 on the field" etc. What's good for the goose is good for the *******s out west, friends.
3. Texas sucks

OK, three things.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/28/2006, 08:27 AM
Haven't read this entire thread, but those of you talking about retroactive forfeits and "oohhh, that's good for us, they didn't really deserve that win" need to remember two things:

1. USC put a huge whipping on us fair and square on the field.
2. We Sooners lost wom Ws to retroactive forfeits, and I believe we still claim the official record of those years as, for example, 0-10, but "10-0 on the field" etc. What's good for the goose is good for the *******s out west, friends.
3. Texas sucks

OK, three things.

I don't wish or expect OU to benefit directly from any retroactive forfeits although I enjoy SUC being taken down a few notches. Half of SUC's team could have been ineligible for the 05 Orange Bowl and it wouldn't make me feel any better about that game. My attention is on punishment that could occur in the future.

sooneron
4/28/2006, 08:58 AM
okay, hold on here. let's give OU the benefit of the doubt, not some crappy west coast team:

1- signing an agent makes you a PROFESSIONAL.

2- professional players usually go to the NFL.

3- wouldn't it make sense that the great 2004 sooners lost to PROFESSIONAL player(s) in the orange bowl? Would it be FAIR for a college team to have to play PROFESSIONAL, NFL-calibur players in a college game, even the championship?

I know that there is no chance is hell that we are getting a championship, but I would still like to see USC lose theirs.Have you read ANY of the articles? This went down AFTER the 05 OB.

geez

Vaevictis
4/28/2006, 10:27 AM
Have you read ANY of the articles? This went down AFTER the 05 OB.

Actually, we don't know that. The house was being built prior to the 05 OB, so it might have been brewing before that. Here are some some new details (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtOhVJ7mx5sTNxh9y.W6yoNDubYF?slug=cr-bushsuit042706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns).

Pertinent:

November 2004 – LaMar Griffin and Lake approached Michaels about investing in the sports agency. Watkins said Michaels met Reggie Bush and his family for the first time around this date, and was led to believe that the agency would eventually have Bush as a client.

"There was the representation that Reggie would come with his stepfather," Watkins said. "Reggie ratified that."

That's a likely violation WELL before the 05 OB.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/28/2006, 01:40 PM
USC Football....come on down!

You are invited to scrape the barnacles off my bow. :D

Doged
4/28/2006, 02:11 PM

Only problem there is, the whornes beat 'em with the same pro on the field. I don't even wanna' go there! Hook 'em

I agree with whoever it was that suggested SUC and everyone else in the world ( Hook 'em in particular) be permanently banned from ever mentioning or alluding to, in any manner, that particular Orange Bowl. My rewrite of history says that the season ended with the conference championship and, due to a self-imposed probation caused by Clayton and Bradley betting a dollar on a game of UNO, OU did not appear in a bowl game that season. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/28/2006, 02:45 PM
Did Alabama's coaching staff know that the Booster's were going ape**** crazy? I would assume the 7 times out of 10, the coaching staff doesn't know about the rule infractions. Is that a legitimate excuse? I mean couldn't Stoops say tell the Boosters to do whatever, just don't tell me about it and then we can do whatever we want, the Booster will get in trouble but if he wants to risk it, that is his business