PDA

View Full Version : Another Thing for Ole Dad to Worry About......

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 11:42 AM
I just found out today my oldest daughter was awarded a fully paid scholar/internship for next fall.......in New York City....:(

1stTimeCaller
4/26/2006, 11:44 AM
congrats.

In other news Stanley said that he was moving to NYC next fall.

dolemitesooner
4/26/2006, 11:45 AM
congrats ...I was thinking about going to new york to "SEE THE SIGHTS"

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 11:45 AM
I had an ex-girlfriend do that....and she ended up staying there for another year.

Scott D
4/26/2006, 11:46 AM
There are times that I'm glad that mine has a full time job and a long term boyfriend...this thread is one of those times.

NormanPride
4/26/2006, 11:52 AM
This is where I'd employ the armed forces' policy of "Don't ask, don't tell"

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 12:20 PM
You people aren't helping me cope with this........

Mjcpr
4/26/2006, 12:21 PM
How is she ever going to make ends meet?

Stanley1
4/26/2006, 12:29 PM
congrats.

In other news Stanley said that he was moving to NYC next fall.

So much for keeping secrets. :rolleyes: :mad:

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 12:36 PM
How is she ever going to make ends meet? :mad:

Pricetag
4/26/2006, 12:39 PM
I just found out today my oldest daughter was awarded a fully paid scholar/internship for next fall.......in New York City....:(
NEW YORK CITY?!?!?!?!?!?

Get a rope.

Skysooner
4/26/2006, 12:52 PM
Give me her phone number and address in NYC. I promise to take good care of her....

Viking Kitten
4/26/2006, 01:01 PM
Don't worry punkin. She'll be fine. I lived on my own in NYC when I was in my early 20s, and despite what these hillbillies may say, I've always found New Yorkers to be awesome people in their own way. Seriously. She's in for a helluva culture shock though.

I'm too lazy to look up the stat, but NYC actually has a lower crime rate per capita than OKC. If I'm not mistaken, it's actually the safest large city in the country. Check the FBI Web site where they track that stuff to ease your concerns and whatnot. (I personally never had to worry about street crime because I lived in a mafia neighborhood. :D)

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 01:08 PM
Don't worry punkin. She'll be fine. I lived on my own in NYC when I was in my early 20s, and despite what these hillbillies may say, I've always found New Yorkers to be awesome people in their own way. Seriously. She's in for a helluva culture shock though.

I'm too lazy to look up the stat, but NYC actually has a lower crime rate per capita than OKC. If I'm not mistaken, it's actually the safest large city in the country. Check the FBI Web site where they track that stuff to ease your concerns and whatnot. (I personally never had to worry about street crime because I lived in a mafia neighborhood. :D)

Thanks sweetie, she wants to take her car up there.......is there really any need?

Fugue
4/26/2006, 01:10 PM
Poison - Fallen Angel

oh wait, wrong thread... :eddie:

Viking Kitten
4/26/2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks sweetie, she wants to take her car up there.......is there really any need?

Depends. If she is going to live in Queens, Long Island, Staten Island, or New Jersey then probably. If Brooklyn, then maybe. If Manhattan, then hell no, in fact it'll just be a big pain in the ***.

If you want the scoop on any specific areas, PM me and I'll get some better details for you. I got connections yo.

GottaHavePride
4/26/2006, 01:32 PM

Yeah, what VK said, if she's anywhere in the city itself, there is no need for a car and she woudl actually have to pay a crapload of money just to reserve somewhere to park it. The farther out of the city you get (Long Island, Queens, Bronx, into parts of New Jersey) then you might want to have the car.

And NYC is pretty safe because it's so busy and there are people everywhere. She probably won't ever go near any actually dangerous areas anyway.

Osce0la
4/26/2006, 01:37 PM
You people aren't helping me cope with this........
You should feel safe knowing that Stanley will be there with her...

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, what VK said, if she's anywhere in the city itself, there is no need for a car and she woudl actually have to pay a crapload of money just to reserve somewhere to park it. The farther out of the city you get (Long Island, Queens, Bronx, into parts of New Jersey) then you might want to have the car.

And NYC is pretty safe because it's so busy and there are people everywhere. She probably won't ever go near any actually dangerous areas anyway.

It looks like she'll be in Long Island. I'll get an address tonight.

GottaHavePride
4/26/2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah, you don't even really have to ask where the bad neighborhoods are - you'll know.

Scott D
4/26/2006, 01:49 PM

what vk doesn't tell you is that *I* got attacked by someone with a baseball bat for looking at a girl for the whole 2 minutes I was on a sidewalk in THAT neighborhood :(

Viking Kitten
4/26/2006, 01:54 PM
The only time in my whole life I've been mugged was in Edmond, OK by some rich a$$ punks that didn't have anything better to do on a Saturday night. But one night in NY, I sorta got accosted by some thugs on 42nd St. and I managed to talk my way out of it. (this was when Dinkins was still mayor and 42nd St. was a cesspool. 42nd St. is all Disney-fied now.)

Fugue
4/26/2006, 01:57 PM
The only time in my whole life I've been mugged was in Edmond, OK by some rich a$$ punks that didn't have anything better to do on a Saturday night. But one night in NY, I sorta got accosted by some thugs on 42nd St. and I managed to talk my way out of it. (this was when Dinkins was still mayor and 42nd St. was a cesspool. 42nd St. is all Disney-fied now.)

so the name tags really didn't make it more friendly?

Viking Kitten
4/26/2006, 02:03 PM
Seinfeld Spek a'comin your way, Fug Yue. :)

Mjcpr
4/26/2006, 02:04 PM
I'm learning a lot about VK in this thread.

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 02:06 PM
what vk doesn't tell you is that *I* got attacked by someone with a baseball bat for looking at a girl for the whole 2 minutes I was on a sidewalk in THAT neighborhood :(

Pauly need's to ease up cause that's not too good on the knees........

49r
4/26/2006, 02:08 PM
Aaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaand

If she can

make it there, she's gonna make it

ANYWHERE!

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/26/2006, 02:10 PM
I'll go with her.

You know, just to make sure she stays out of trouble...

No really. I will.

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 02:40 PM
I'll go with her.

You know, just to make sure she stays out of trouble...

No really. I will.

Well, she's a shoe lover too...it could work!

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/26/2006, 02:42 PM
*Rubs hands together*

Oh, it would work aight...

1stTimeCaller
4/26/2006, 02:43 PM
Are you going to send her around to the local apartment buildings trying to raise money for the trip?

;)

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 02:46 PM
:les: Fully Paid!

Osce0la
4/26/2006, 02:48 PM
Are you going to send her around to the local apartment buildings trying to raise money for the trip?

;)
Tell her not to try SickEm's place...The cheap bastage...:bsmf:

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 06:52 PM
She's also getting another 2K for travel expenses. I'm thinking this is still going to cost me something.

olevetonahill
4/26/2006, 07:11 PM
She's also getting another 2K for travel expenses. I'm thinking this is still going to cost me something.
For sure
I spect its gonna cost you at least what hair you have left :eek: