PDA

View Full Version : It could just be me...

Rhino
4/26/2006, 10:19 AM
No Longhorn Tuesdays was a funny schtick for awhile, but it's run its course with me.

When good threads, like the one yesterday about the OU/TX game, get locked down just because it happens to also concern Texas, I think it's gone a bit too far.

When we can't discuss the demise and potential eradication of something great like the RRS because of some silly little offseason rule, the rule has lost any appeal it may have once had with me.

Basically it gives any thread that may contain/concern the University of Texas a maximum shelf-life of six days. Not to mention its also kinda little-brothery.

The Sooner Football ONLY! forum was a good, but misguided, idea. It shouldn't have been about Xs and Os because there simply cannot be enough intelligent discussion about it. It should be about (ta-da) Sooner Football ONLY! Then, there should be a separate forum where discussions other than Sooner football (Horns, Callahan, Reggie Bush's parents, Les Miles, the NFL draft, Jimmy Clausen, etc.) can take place.

Anyway, I've had my say. Feel free to call me a hornlover now.

BigRedJed
4/26/2006, 10:20 AM
Hornlover.

OUinFLA
4/26/2006, 10:22 AM
I agree with Rhino.
Call me what ever you want, I answer to almost anything.....except Pat.

Mjcpr
4/26/2006, 10:22 AM
I didn't read or post in the thread, but I can see where that'd be a problem.

I agree with everything Rhino said.....good post.

GDC
4/26/2006, 10:24 AM
I've said all along there should either be one forum that whorns were not allowed in, or conversely let them have only one forum they could post in. Or just exclude them completely from SF.com.

NormanPride
4/26/2006, 10:28 AM
See, I could see a forum where they can't post... Call it GDC's Haven or something. It could be his little happy place. ;)

BigRedJed
4/26/2006, 10:31 AM
Not to change the subject, but have I ever mentioned that I hate the idea of a Fark forum?

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 10:36 AM
Rhino - you're officially invited to join us for any future Dallas lunch

Mjcpr
4/26/2006, 10:37 AM
Not to change the subject, but have I ever mentioned that I hate the idea of a Fark forum?

I did too when we first got it, but I'm afraid there's no going back now.....that thing has a life of its own.

yermom
4/26/2006, 10:40 AM
Rhino - you're officially invited to join us for any future Dallas lunch

:D

you're an official wh0rn lover now

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 10:43 AM
Yesssssss.....

http://www.geocities.com/starwarsbattlestation/epsoide3pictures/palpatine_anakin.jpg

sooner n houston
4/26/2006, 10:46 AM
Gotta agree with Rhino. That was a good thread and had some good points.

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 10:48 AM
i was under the impression the "holiday" was created to appease a certain someone.....

the whole thing seems a tad superficial and silly to me.....we're all grown ups here (cept us 3d graders).......i'd like to think we can handle discussing something on any given day of the week

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/26/2006, 10:50 AM
Hornlover.You rang?

GottaHavePride
4/26/2006, 10:54 AM
I did too when we first got it, but I'm afraid there's no going back now.....that thing has a life of its own.

That's what SHE said...

Er, I mean, the Fark forum (with its members-only restriction) has done a GREAT job of limiting traffic when one of those must-see threads (like the Slow Mo thread) turns up. Plus it gained us some new posters like Mr. 2 Cents and etouffee.

BigRedJed
4/26/2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, but no more spontaneous farking happens in SO threads, football threads, etc. EVER. Those were the funniest threads on the board, of all time. It makes me sad in my pants.

TexasLidig8r
4/26/2006, 10:58 AM
It may not be my place to comment on this topic, especially since I'm rathre ambivalent about No Horn Tuesday, but, it seems that for the most part, the Resident Horns are pretty level headed about posting. Naturally, you will get some trolls who come to bash but the board pretty well policies those types out.

It would be interesting to have a survey done on the number of posts every day of the week vs. posts on Tuesdays. I imagine posting on the football forum on Tuesdays is, by a vast margin, significantly lower than the rest of the week.

GottaHavePride
4/26/2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah, but no more spontaneous farking happens in SO threads, football threads, etc. EVER. Those were the funniest threads on the board, of all time. It makes me sad in my pants.

I do miss that. All the RC Slocum farks come to mind...

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 11:06 AM
We could just implement the rule 2 weeks before and (after the RRS if God forbid we don't win) or if the whorns are in another MNC game but that probably won't happen for another 30 years so it wouldn't matter...

NormanPride
4/26/2006, 11:08 AM
I do miss that. All the RC Slocum farks come to mind...

heck, I still do stuff every once in awhile, and Czar is still going... Not many pictures are posted, though. You get brat's bush, 1TC's ears, Howzit's hairy body, and that's pretty much it. Give us some material, people!

It's also the offseason, so there's no sports news, really.

GDC
4/26/2006, 11:23 AM
i was under the impression the "holiday" was created to appease a certain someone.....

No **** sherlock, Beano states it in the first post. Whether it was started specifically for someone or not doesn't matter. The stinking whorns need to be reminded this is not their board, and this way they're reminded once a week. I love it, and only wish it could be extended for the other six days of the week.

dolemitesooner
4/26/2006, 11:29 AM
I agree with Rhino.
Call me what ever you want, I answer to almost anything.....except Pat.
hornwhore:mad:

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 11:30 AM
No **** sherlock, Beano states it in the first post. Whether it was started specifically for someone or not doesn't matter. The stinking whorns need to be reminded this is not their board, and this way they're reminded once a week. I love it, and only wish it could be extended for the other six days of the week.

no **** sherlock, maybe all the posters, sooners included, need to be reminded this is Phil's board, not ours

i think you have horns on your mind way more than most of us

Howzit
4/26/2006, 11:32 AM
dammit. just when i thought we were getting to my hairy body.

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 11:32 AM
http://www.phog.tv/images/emoticons/popcorn.gif

BeetDigger
4/26/2006, 11:33 AM
dammit. just when i thought we were getting to my hairy body.

I think that topic has more than run its course. :eddie:

dolemitesooner
4/26/2006, 11:37 AM
dammit. just when i thought we were getting to dolemite's hairy body.
How did you know?

OhU1
4/26/2006, 12:02 PM
I don't get GDC on this issue sorry. So a Horn fan posts, so what. If the poster is a troll then bane em! It's boring to just talk to the same clique of posters about the same stuff all the time. IMO

I liked it better when the farks were spread out on the other boards. Seemed like they had more life and got more attention. I do like that the fark posts are collected in one place as well so you can check them out later and they don't get lost. I would use the Fark board as an archive of farks that emerged elsewhere.

OUinFLA
4/26/2006, 12:14 PM
hornwhore:mad:

you'd get further if you had money in your hand when you speak to me like that

Norm In Norman
4/26/2006, 12:19 PM
The fark forum has a ton of posters that never post anywhere else but that forum. Also, it's nice not having 50 "Is this farkable?" threads all over the board. I mean, that was supremely annoying and was the main reason I quit "farking" pictures. I think splitting it off took away a bit from the South oval but gave us something else and it's too late to go back anyway.

I don't care for NLT. I can't remember ever enforcing it. It was started when every other thread was about the longhorns and at the time was a good thing. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it with the option of reinstating it when it gets bad around here.

Scott D
4/26/2006, 12:22 PM
I'd just be willing to settle for the permaban of HEH.

BigRedJed
4/26/2006, 12:26 PM
The fark forum has a ton of posters that never post anywhere else but that forum. Also, it's nice not having 50 "Is this farkable?" threads all over the board. I mean, that was supremely annoying and was the main reason I quit "farking" pictures. I think splitting it off took away a bit from the South oval but gave us something else and it's too late to go back anyway.

I don't care for NLT. I can't remember ever enforcing it. It was started when every other thread was about the longhorns and at the time was a good thing. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it with the option of reinstating it when it gets bad around here.
I know that train has left the station. I know that I'm powerless to change anything. I just like to hear myself bitch and moan. I'm sure you can relate.

dolemitesooner
4/26/2006, 12:28 PM
you'd get further if you had money in your hand when you speak to me like that
really:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Octavian
4/26/2006, 12:32 PM
No Longhorn Tuesdays was a funny schtick for awhile, but it's run its course with me.

When good threads, like the one yesterday about the OU/TX game, get locked down just because it happens to also concern Texas, I think it's gone a bit too far.

When we can't discuss the demise and potential eradication of something great like the RRS because of some silly little offseason rule, the rule has lost any appeal it may have once had with me.

Basically it gives any thread that may contain/concern the University of Texas a maximum shelf-life of six days. Not to mention its also kinda little-brothery.

The Sooner Football ONLY! forum was a good, but misguided, idea. It shouldn't have been about Xs and Os because there simply cannot be enough intelligent discussion about it. It should be about (ta-da) Sooner Football ONLY! Then, there should be a separate forum where discussions other than Sooner football (Horns, Callahan, Reggie Bush's parents, Les Miles, the NFL draft, Jimmy Clausen, etc.) can take place.

Anyway, I've had my say. Feel free to call me a hornlover now.

agreed and agreed.

Harry Beanbag
4/26/2006, 12:53 PM

Now that is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. There is only one reason that I can think of that HEH is still alive and kicking...

slickdawg
4/26/2006, 01:11 PM

do not taunt the fark forum
do not make fun of the fark forum
do not aggrivate the fark forum
do not poke the fark forum
do not tease the fark forum

TexasLidig8r
4/26/2006, 01:31 PM
do not taunt the fark forum
do not make fun of the fark forum
do not aggrivate the fark forum
do not poke the fark forum
do not tease the fark forum

the fark forum succs.

;)

slickdawg
4/26/2006, 01:53 PM
the fark forum succs.

;)

oh, you've done it now. the fark gawds will be on you like stink on ****

OUinFLA
4/26/2006, 01:57 PM
oh, you've done it now. the fark gawds will be on you like stink on ****

uh..........he's a horn.

GDC
4/26/2006, 02:19 PM
no **** sherlock, maybe all the posters, sooners included, need to be reminded this is Phil's board, not ours

i think you have horns on your mind way more than most of us

and you insist I'm the one that has a raging case of the bfo's:rolleyes:

C&CDean
4/26/2006, 04:05 PM
Rhino,

If you wanna go start another thread to pick up where that one left off, go ahead on. I locked it because I felt like it. Nothing more, nothing less. If y'all wanna do away with NLT, fine by me.

While we're on the topic let me say this:

I hate the Texas Longhorns. With a deep, bloody, intense passion. However, I like a lot of people who happen to be longhorn fans. Many of them hate the Sooners with the exact same loathing, but are mature and secure enough to separate the human from the fan. I like to think that I'm a decent enough person to do the same. That's why I don't have a problem talking/laughing/hob knobbing/hanging out with certain horn fans.

Why? Because they became horn fans just like I became a Sooner fan - situational circumstances. They can't help being a horn - just like I can't help being a Sooner. Hating all people who just happen to be horn fans on general purposes is like hating all blacks. It's ignorant. It's immature. It's tiresome to those who have to tolerate all the bull****.

Like I said, I hate the University of Texas Longhorns, but I like me a couple horns.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/26/2006, 04:06 PM
:les: WHORNLOVER!!!

BeetDigger
4/26/2006, 04:15 PM
Like I said, I hate the University of Texas Longhorns, but I like me a couple horns.

Too easy. :D

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 04:17 PM
I hate the Texas Longhorns. With a deep, bloody, intense passion. However, I like a lot of people who happen to be longhorn fans. Many of them hate the Sooners with the exact same loathing, but are mature and secure enough to separate the human from the fan. I like to think that I'm a decent enough person to do the same. That's why I don't have a problem talking/laughing/hob knobbing/hanging out with certain horn fans.

Why? Because they became horn fans just like I became a Sooner fan - situational circumstances. They can't help being a horn - just like I can't help being a Sooner. Hating all people who just happen to be horn fans on general purposes is like hating all blacks. It's ignorant. It's immature. It's tiresome to those who have to tolerate all the bull****.

ditto on all dat dere

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/26/2006, 04:40 PM

OMG!

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 04:43 PM
eh, your'e referring to soonerfanjk.....

not jk the sooner fan

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/26/2006, 04:46 PM
I'm referring to jk the liar whoever he is.

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 04:47 PM
pardon?

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:47 PM

1stTimeCaller
4/26/2006, 04:53 PM
whoa!!!

Crimson_Balls
4/26/2006, 04:55 PM
crickets: *chirp* *chirp*

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/26/2006, 05:05 PM
No joke. Where did that come from?

Sooner_Bob
4/26/2006, 05:05 PM
What the?

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/26/2006, 05:17 PM
Oh that... I only wrote that because I hate jk.

yermom
4/26/2006, 05:19 PM
who doesn't?

BeetDigger
4/26/2006, 05:21 PM
Sounds like AG is upset.

For those of you who need to be reminded, AG stands for Admin Guy.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2006, 05:22 PM
I thought it was Al Gore....

BeetDigger
4/26/2006, 05:35 PM
I thought it was Al Gore....

That was so yesterday. Keep with the program, NSFWG.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2006, 05:37 PM
That was so yesterday. Keep with the program, NSFWG.
Who told you I was Not Sharing Fries With Gravy?

BeetDigger
4/26/2006, 05:38 PM
Who told you I was Not Sharing Fries With Gravy?

heh. Not quite. :D

Scott D
4/26/2006, 05:40 PM

mrowl
4/26/2006, 05:42 PM
http://bobanddan.net/forums/Smileys/default/beer.gif

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 05:43 PM
i hated beano wayyyyyyyy before he hated me

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/26/2006, 06:00 PM
FINE.

Thanks for the constructive feedback in this thread.

I talked with Norm and Dean and DE and we're all fine with moving NLT to Wednesday.

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 06:01 PM
will it be then called NLTMTW? or NLWFKANLT?

slickdawg
4/26/2006, 06:38 PM
NMFLW would be appropriate.

Howzit
4/26/2006, 07:54 PM
Beano's feeling his oats since that field sobriety test.

Zbird
4/27/2006, 09:30 PM
Rhino,

If you wanna go start another thread to pick up where that one left off, go ahead on. I locked it because I felt like it. Nothing more, nothing less. If y'all wanna do away with NLT, fine by me.

While we're on the topic let me say this:

There you go, speaking sensibly and logically again!

GDC
8/2/2006, 12:25 PM
Long live no whorn Tuesdays.

It lives.

Rhino
8/2/2006, 01:23 PM
No Bomar Wednesdays?

No Bomar All-the-time?

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2006, 06:42 PM
I'm having a Brett Romar happy hour at the house.

Bring Your Own Plastic Cup.

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 08:12 PM
I had to sit up here in the 3 nines tavern in Lord Valtimore and take abuse about our stupid quarterback from a bunch of Penn State and Maryland fans. Of course the fact that they were buying me shots of Jameson to drown my depression made it all the more tolerable.

WTF Brett? Seriously. You make Vinny Wonderlik look like a ****ing genius. You make Charles Thompson look like a ****ing altar boy. How, in the name of Judas H. Priest driving a Lexus spending cash for gas could you be so ****ing stupid? If you were my kid you would never be able to sit normally in a chair again - because you'd have a permanent size 13 indentation in your no-account *** that goes clean up into your pathetic, stupid, moronic ****ing neck. And if that long-haired fag who does Big Red commercials ever shows himself in my drunken presence I shall jack-slap him down like the complete and total scrotum tickler he is. "Big Red Sports and Imports, I-35......Norman!" Blow me ya fag.

colleyvillesooner
8/2/2006, 08:36 PM
YES!!!

That was awesome.