PDA

View Full Version : I wet my pants and went home to change.

OUDoc
4/26/2006, 08:14 AM
And other excuses for being late to work.

1. I dreamed that I was fired, so I didn't bother to get out of bed.
2. I had to take my cat to the dentist.
3. I went all the way to the office and realized I was still in my
pajamas and had to go home to change.
4. I saw that you weren't in the office, so I went out looking for you.
5. I couldn't find the right tie, so I had to wait for the stores to open
so I could buy one.
6. My son tried to flush our ferret down the toilet and I needed to tend
to the ferret.
7. I ran over a goat.
8. I stopped for a bagel sandwich, the store was robbed and the police
required everyone to stay for questioning.
9. A bee flew in my car and attacked me and I had to pull over.

CHICAGO, April 25 /PRNewswire/ -- A new survey by CareerBuilder.com found some workers are suffering from a lack of punctuality. One-in-ten workers -- 13 percent -- say they arrive late to work at least once a week and 24 percent say they arrive late at least once a month. One-in-five admit to making up fake excuses to explain their tardiness. The CareerBuilder.com survey, "Late to Work," was conducted from February 21 to March 6 of more than 2,500 workers, including 1,000 hiring managers.

Sounds like more Americans need to be unemployed, that way they won't ever be late. Lazy people.:mad:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060425/cgtu004.html?.v=51

crawfish
4/26/2006, 08:20 AM
I like the ferret excuse.

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 08:21 AM
I have 2 employees that are late almost every day and they're both women.........

Howzit
4/26/2006, 08:23 AM
I have 2 employees that are late almost every day and they're both women.........

Well, there you go. They're prolly ****ty drivers, too.

*runs away*

Osce0la
4/26/2006, 08:23 AM
My uncle told us a story about a woman that worked with him several years ago...He said she called in and told them she dreamed she had been woking all night so she was too tired to come in...so they gave her the day off...:rolleyes:

4/26/2006, 08:28 AM
I once used the excuse that I witnessed a traffic accident and wanted to stay at the scene until the police and ambulance arrived.

It was true, but I tucked it away for future reference in case I ever need it again.

Osce0la
4/26/2006, 08:30 AM
I once used the excuse that I witnessed a traffic accident and wanted to stay at the scene until the police and ambulance arrived.

It was true, but I tucked it away for future reference in case I ever need it again.
I have used this one before....

it wasn't true when I used it though

4/26/2006, 08:37 AM
This was in OKC. Unfortunately, that excuse wouldn't fly at my current location as the town is small enough, every injury accident makes the local paper.

Oh, it was an old dude and he had a very impressive slice on his forehead. It was bleeding like crazy... you know... headwound and all... but I'm sure he turned out ok.

Well, he's probably dead by now, but I'll bet it only required a few stiches at the time.

crawfish
4/26/2006, 08:42 AM

Probably has something to do with handjobs.

I know I'm gonna regret this post later.

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 08:45 AM
Well, there you go. Their prolly ****ty drivers, too.

*runs away*

That may be true too but the daily excuses are:

Employee#1

1. My child has ADD and I can't get him to school on time cause he throws a fit every morning. (This kids 11 freakin years old....)

Employee#2

2. My mother with alzheimer lives with us and I have trouble getting her ready for the elderly daycare. ( this has been going on for the last 6 months and now the moms in a nursing home and she's still late every day.)

If this company wasn't run like a university my supervision would be more effective.......:(

KABOOKIE
4/26/2006, 08:49 AM
One-in-ten workers -- 13 percent

Que? :confused:

1stTimeCaller
4/26/2006, 08:51 AM
Que? :confused:

you're not very good at math are you?

why do you hate math?

Howzit
4/26/2006, 08:57 AM
IB4OU2,
I was not being serious. We have a guy here at our corporate office that has been with the company 35 years. He comes moseying in at 8:45 every morning, while the rest of us are typically here between 7:00 and 7:30 (office hours are 8:00).

His excuse is that he lives in Arlington so he has to fight traffic every day. :confused:

IB4OU2
4/26/2006, 09:07 AM
IB4OU2,
I was not being serious. We have a guy here at our corporate office that has been with the company 35 years. He comes moseying in at 8:45 every morning, while the rest of us are typically here between 7:00 and 7:30 (office hours are 8:00).

His excuse is that he lives in Arlington so he has to fight traffic every day. :confused:

Does he stay late to make up his time?

Howzit
4/26/2006, 09:12 AM
Does he stay late to make up his time?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

er...I mean yeah, til at least 5:05.

ousoonerfan
4/26/2006, 10:05 AM
I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/26/2006, 10:18 AM
I saw someone hit a dog and drive off. I stopped to help the dog and it bit me.

I used this. Of course, it helped that my hand was all bloody when I got to work.

OUinFLA
4/26/2006, 10:18 AM
26 years of owning the biz,
over 400 employees during that time.
Ive heard every excuse there is.
In my hiring orientation speach, I tell them that.
Then I tell them It all comes down to ...........Im late, or Im not going to be there.
Either one causes an inconvenience and if they inconvenience me on the wrong day, they will not get to do it again. Best advice is to see how many wrong days I normally have in a month before testing your luck.