PDA

View Full Version : 3 Schollys to Give

william_brasky
4/26/2006, 07:00 AM
who do we go get? who would we want? who's left? who's considering us?

Shawntell Norman, out of Cali, 6-11, 300+ pound Center- would be a project

Drew Haymaker, Edmond SF, 6-8, 230 Center, Charlotte has offered

Ty Morrison, Redland JC, 6-7, 220 Small Forward, supposed to be a scorer, originally commited to Mizzou but backed out after coaching change

anyone else left?

it'd be nice if we could get a point guard to come in

william_brasky
4/26/2006, 07:16 AM
here's another guy. I like the sound of this kid.

Ekpe Udoh, Edmond SF as well, 6-8, 195, PF - athletic, offer from Michigan

william_brasky
4/26/2006, 07:20 AM
Hernol Hall, Lon Morris JC, 6-10, 245 Center

Harry Beanbag
4/26/2006, 07:22 AM
Ben Uzoh, PG from San Antonio

oumartin
4/26/2006, 07:22 AM
Drew Lavender!

william_brasky
4/26/2006, 07:30 AM
Ben Uzoh, PG from San Antonio

there's a point guard. What's his story Harry?

william_brasky
4/26/2006, 07:31 AM
Drew Lavender!

watch him light up the world this next year at Xavier. it'd be sweet if we still had Drew. I was and am still ****ed that he left.

oumartin
4/26/2006, 07:33 AM
well, lets just be glad we have kellen still on the team. he might be starting next year.

william_brasky
4/26/2006, 07:39 AM
well, lets just be glad we have kellen still on the team. he might be starting next year.

he does show some potential with his "jump up and chest bump" thing. I hear he shoots free throws well too.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/26/2006, 09:07 AM
I know our primary needs at the moment are PG and C. I don't know much about the potential recruits other than what I've read just recently but I would think Ben Uzoh PG and Hernol Hall C could both be good late pick-ups (especially Hall). Hall is probably the highest rated Juco big guy out there. Ty Morrison sounds like a decent option for a 3rd player but it might be just as good to sit on the last scholarship until next year unless Capel can find a player he thinks can help right away. Not a usual practice but if we get a PG and a C our immediate needs will be taken care of and Capel and the coaching staff can have more time to evaluate players for next years class.

Harry Beanbag
4/26/2006, 09:24 AM
there's a point guard. What's his story Harry?

Crocker played with him two years ago in high school and has apparently been whispering in Capel's ear about him just in case. The Texas high school hoops gurus seem to think he's better than Reynolds anyway, but I imagine they're fairly biased.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=41707

Big Red Ron
4/26/2006, 10:04 AM
Crocker played with him two years ago in high school and has apparently been whispering in Capel's ear about him just in case. The Texas high school hoops gurus seem to think he's better than Reynolds anyway, but I imagine they're fairly biased.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=41707Kinda skinny at a buck seventy but he has pretty good stats...
2005 (Sr.)9.5 3.0 20.6

Newbomb Turk
4/26/2006, 10:46 AM
Kinda skinny at a buck seventy but he has pretty good stats...
2005 (Sr.)9.5 3.0 20.6

sounds like Austin Johnson. I don't know if AJ averaged that many rebounds.

NormanPride
4/26/2006, 10:52 AM
AJ's still got a lot of potential... I'd make big men my priority now, as we only have two in Griffin and Longar. Which means we have one and a half because LL likes to foul out. ;)

Newbomb Turk
4/26/2006, 10:59 AM
ain't that the truth. I would like to have another guy that can handle the ball though.

jdsooner
4/26/2006, 12:40 PM
This sounds more hopeful. If Reynolds and company take off, there are still some players available.

Jeopardude
4/26/2006, 02:19 PM
AJ's still got a lot of potential... I'd make big men my priority now, as we only have two in Griffin and Longar. Which means we have one and a half because LL likes to foul out. ;)

Bold prediction: LL is the most improved player in Big 12 this year. Without Calvin to chew him out after being in a game ten seconds, he relaxes and plays a sharper game.

Remember, that's bold.

Jimminy Crimson
4/26/2006, 02:46 PM
Udoh would be a good get, but could stand a redshirt year to gain 20 lbs or so.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/26/2006, 03:35 PM
Bold prediction: LL is the most improved player in Big 12 this year. Without Calvin to chew him out after being in a game ten seconds, he relaxes and plays a sharper game.

Remember, that's bold.

Actually I think you may be right, though I think he would have taken a step forward with "Calvin" as well. I think most have set the bar so low for LL that if he does much anything that people will be suprised. 2 things concern me most about LL, foul trouble and FT shooting. He could certainly stand to get a little stronger but I think he is pretty solid. Otherwise he is good around the basket and doesn't try to do things he can't.

I do think we need another center. Griffin is strong enough to score inside but he is athletic 4. A player like Hall might fit that bill but I'm ok with being a little undersized if we got Clark.

PG is a bigger concern. I do believe in AJ and I thought as his ankle got better that he was very solid. Chris Walker scares me to death. He might be a great guy and a great teammate but he is overmatched at PG. All sarcasm aside I'd really rather see Kellen Sampson on the floor. I'm going to guess sight unseen that Uzoh is a pretty big upgrade, not the impact player Reynolds would be be but we probably would have at least 2 people that can handle the ball. 2-4 with Neal, Crocker, Godbold,Carter, Griffin and possibly 1 other scholarship player we should be real solid, arguably as good or better than anyone else in the Big 12.

william_brasky
4/26/2006, 07:51 PM
A tell-tale sign of Capel's coaching ability will be next year's Longar Longar. He seems to have the physical abilities (he can run and jump), but he doesn't seem to know what the heck is going on. That was always a big complaint of mine with KS: he did not develop post play at all. Ace seemed to have figured it out on his own his last semester, and Abercrombie was just a natural in the post at a mere 6'4.

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2006, 10:01 AM
Udoh would be a good get, but could stand a redshirt year to gain 20 lbs or so.

Apparently, he's grown like 7 inches in the last two years.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/27/2006, 10:28 AM
Apparently, he's grown like 7 inches in the last two years.

HGH or Extendz?

Harry Beanbag
4/27/2006, 12:01 PM
HGH or Extendz?

Pump.

william_brasky
4/27/2006, 09:56 PM
so if we can sign Hall, Uzoh, and Morrsion, or 2 of the 3, it'd still end up being quite a class in my opinion.

william_brasky
4/28/2006, 06:00 AM
here's another name:
Marvin Kilgore, 6-3 JUCO Point Guard, solid with the ball and D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/28/2006, 08:49 AM
so if we can sign Hall, Uzoh, and Morrsion, or 2 of the 3, it'd still end up being quite a class in my opinion.

Certainly better than our average class. Not top 5 like it looked to be but maybe top 15, especially if Clark qualifies.

I wonder about getting Morrison though. I think he signed a LOI with MU. I would think we wouldn't be able to get him any more than another Big 12 school would get James or Reynolds. That is unless they don't care where he goes.

stoopified
4/28/2006, 10:48 AM
What is the lay day for spring signing?

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2006, 11:12 AM
May 17th.

william_brasky
4/28/2006, 04:21 PM
OK, so Uzoh's out. Dang.

william_brasky
5/2/2006, 06:18 AM
Morrsion's out now. Committed to Creighton I believe.

william_brasky
5/3/2006, 05:17 AM
I saw/heard that Hernol Hall is leaning torward us right now. Wants outta Doo-Kane LOI.

Also been hearing that we're looking at some JUCO PG.

Those two would hopefully take care of immediate needs at the 1 and 5 positions. We've got ample 2-4 IMO.

I'm not sure if these guys commit fouls though. :twinkies: