PDA

View Full Version : Farve will play next year

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 10:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2421947

Brett Favre informed the Packers on Tuesday that he will definitely play the 2006 season in Green Bay, league and team sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Favre shared his decision with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy in a telephone conversation on Tuesday morning, the sources said.

Neither Favre, Thompson nor McCarthy was available for immediate comment. Bus Cook, Favre's agent, did not return phone inquiries.

Favre has said previously that if he decides to play in 2006 it will be his final season in the NFL.

Scott D
4/25/2006, 10:53 PM
cheapest excuse to get out of working out..EVAR.

WisconsinSooner
4/25/2006, 11:09 PM
cheapest excuse to get out of working out..EVAR.

:D :D :D :D :D

soonercody
4/26/2006, 07:26 PM
So, riding a tractor around in Louisiana or Mississippi or wherever wasn't all that appealing after all?

mrowl
4/26/2006, 07:59 PM
So, riding a tractor around in Louisiana or Mississippi or wherever wasn't all that appealing after all?

maybe he realized he would have to spend more time with his wife?

walkoffsooner
4/26/2006, 10:42 PM
I hope he has a great year.

BeetDigger
4/27/2006, 08:52 AM

In a way, it is kind of pathetic, or at least sad, in that he doesn't feel he has anything else. He was bored without football. I appreciate him loving the game, but what does he have to play for? It is doubtful the Pack will be a good team next year, with or without him. I admire the man as a player and he has lived through some pretty tough things with his family these last few years. It just doesn't sound like he has much planned for the next chapter of his life.

Scott D
4/27/2006, 09:17 AM
I think it's funny, about 2 weeks ago the local sports station's football insider was helping host the afternoon show, and he said that it was common knowledge within the Packers organization tat Favre would be returning this season. The reason for all of the 'delays' was because he didn't want to deal with doing any of the 'voluntary' workouts and whatnot. Wonder if he'll ever nut up and have a face to face talk with Javon Walker. :)