PDA

View Full Version : Moving somewhere else in the office

AllAboutThe'O'
4/25/2006, 08:58 PM
Well, we found out today that we're going to be moving our work areas to the other end of our office. Which means that instead of the fancy high-walled cubicles that we've been enjoying for the past several years, we'll be moving to much shorter cubicles where we'll see everyone else working. It also won't be as quiet and out of the way as we were enjoying it, it's like moving from the suburbs to downtown. Also, we have been informed that we have to move all our stuff pronto, because we'll be in our new work areas come Monday. There were rumors that we would be moving our work areas to replace some workers who got transferred to our sister operation, because their cubicles are empty now. Seemingly, the idea was squelched but all of a sudden, out of the blue today, we've been informed that the move is a go. And all this to save some bucks, because the brass wants to cut down on the electric bill by turning out the lights on the area where we will no longer be as of next week.
As you can see, I'm bummed out over this.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Any of you guys had to deal with moving to another area of your office building?

sooner_born_1960
4/25/2006, 09:37 PM
You work in ANF-2, also?

IB4OU2
4/25/2006, 10:19 PM
Well, we found out today that we're going to be moving our work areas to the other end of our office. Which means that instead of the fancy high-walled cubicles that we've been enjoying for the past several years, we'll be moving to much shorter cubicles where we'll see everyone else working. It also won't be as quiet and out of the way as we were enjoying it, it's like moving from the suburbs to downtown. Also, we have been informed that we have to move all our stuff pronto, because we'll be in our new work areas come Monday. There were rumors that we would be moving our work areas to replace some workers who got transferred to our sister operation, because their cubicles are empty now. Seemingly, the idea was squelched but all of a sudden, out of the blue today, we've been informed that the move is a go. And all this to save some bucks, because the brass wants to cut down on the electric bill by turning out the lights on the area where we will no longer be as of next week.
Any of you guys had to deal with moving to another area of your office building?

I moved my office about a month and a half ago....I needed to get closer to my people. I still have my own bathroom, new carpet/paint and a view to the park/soccer fields from my desk and my office is larger, the space is close to 500 sq ft. The facilities guys moved everything and it was all setup just as I requested. All this was completed while I was gone to Fla. :D

OUinFLA
4/25/2006, 10:22 PM
You came to Fla and we didnt go fishing?

IB4OU2
4/25/2006, 10:25 PM
You came to Fla and we didnt go fishing?

Short trip in March, The VP was with me so it was all business and no pleasure.....:(

bigdsooner
4/25/2006, 10:35 PM

dont forget yer stapler :)

AllAboutThe'O'
4/25/2006, 10:54 PM
dont forget yer stapler :)
And my scissors.

proud gonzo
4/25/2006, 11:31 PM
this reminds me of he episode of M*A*S*H ("The Novocaine Mutiny") when Ferret Face was in charge and decided to have them break down the whole unit and move across the road.

"The way I see it, unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain free."

AllAboutThe'O'
4/28/2006, 11:54 PM
Well, here's an update...
I've finally moved over to my new desk; much smaller than my old surroundings but there are some advantages:
We're bunched up with one another so we can converse without being too loud. We can also see each other when we're talking.
The TV's been moved to where it stands directly behind me so all I need to do is just turn my chair around instead of having to get up and squint at the screen.
I'm in the back of the room, where I can see almost everyone else in front of me.
And with a smaller workspace, not as much to clutter as before.
Now for a major transitional headache:
My phone's not working, so I probably will be without a phone this weekend until they can get someone in here on Monday and look at it.

bigdsooner
4/28/2006, 11:57 PM
sounds like you need to have a meeting with the bobs

AllAboutThe'O'
4/29/2006, 12:17 AM
And yet another advantage:

I have the remote to the TV right on my desk.
:D :D :D :D