PDA

View Full Version : Amber Alert vs. Missing Child Alert

Mrs. Norm
4/25/2006, 08:47 PM
I'm confused about the situation of the little boy that is missing from Seminole. Why can't the authorities issue an Amber Alert on him? From reports that I've read, the police say that they don't have evidence that he has been abducted. What does this matter? He is MISSING! If this was my child and they didn't have any evidence, I would tell them that it doesn't matter! If my boy was missing from my home, it doesn't really matter if he was abducted or ran away. Just find the boy by any means necessary. I know it is all $$$$ but who can put a price on the safety of a little boy?:confused:

TopDaugIn2000
4/25/2006, 08:49 PM
cause Amber is a girl's name????

(I've wondered this same thing and have no idea what the answer is)

IB4OU2
4/25/2006, 09:22 PM
I'm confused about the situation of the little boy that is missing from Seminole. Why can't the authorities issue an Amber Alert on him? From reports that I've read, the police say that they don't have evidence that he has been abducted. What does this matter? He is MISSING! If this was my child and they didn't have any evidence, I would tell them that it doesn't matter! If my boy was missing from my home, it doesn't really matter if he was abducted or ran away. Just find the boy by any means necessary. I know it is all $$$$ but who can put a price on the safety of a little boy?:confused:

I was wondering the same thing. He's been missing since last Thursday, issue the alert!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/25/2006, 09:25 PM
They said that he was a runaway. He's only 9 isn't he? So it shouldn't matter how it happened.

yermom
4/25/2006, 09:26 PM
was the Amber Alert for that girl even right? the truck and the tag #?

IB4OU2
4/25/2006, 09:30 PM
I heard tonight something about the birth father having contact with him within the last year....I don't know if that's a lead for them or not though.

SoonerInKCMO
4/25/2006, 09:36 PM
Amber Alerts are only issued for abductions. And there must be enough information on the alleged abductor (car tag, vehicle description, abductor description, etc.) to give the public the possibility of identifying the abductor.

BajaOklahoma
4/25/2006, 10:03 PM
Amber Alert requirements are determined by the State.
It seems like there are different rules in place down here. I have seen it called for toddlers who are missing without a wait time. I have seen it issued for older kids after 24 hours - in case they were just at a friend's house. And I think we have the alerts issued for various size areas - city, region and state.